[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Blob
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: blob.jpg (20 KB, 206x305) Image search: [Google]
blob.jpg
20 KB, 206x305
Do you prefer 58' or 88'?
>>
>>71740017
The original is shit, nothing more than a curio. The remake is infinitely better
>>
>>71740017
88 sets up for an amazing sequel whenever they decide to do it
>>
>>71740017
the original's pretty rough
the remake has lots of gore, good fx and inventive kills
>>
I've never actually seen the '58 version so shame on me
>>
File: 1434917443022.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1434917443022.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
I've only seen bits and pieces of the 50's version, and it seems pretty charming for its time.
The 80's version was some genuinley disturbing, horrific shit that still gives me the creeps.

Why can't hollywood make good remakes anymore?
The 80's Blob remake was great, the 80's Thing remake was amazing, the 80's Invasion of the body snatchers was nearly fucking perfect.
Its like they've forgot how to do a remake without shitting on the source material.
....or maby because they're remaking a remake?
is it just a curse or something?
>>
>>71740985
I think the people that remade those movies in the 80s genuinely loved those movies. Just listen to John Carpenter talk about going to the theater in the 50s at a young age, he talks about the movies he saw then with such regard.
>>
>>71740456

Why hasnt this been done yet?
They trying to figure out how to have the blob played by Idris Elba?
>>
>>71740017
I like both. Especially '58's theme music for THE BLOB.
Needs another version soon.
>>
>>71740017
I grew up watching the original, so I'm biased towards it, but I love the shit out of them both
>>
>>71740017
I mean of course they are both bland movies.

But 88 is just terrifying and if that is what it's trying to accomplish it does it perfectly.

Personally I feel sick whenever I watch that movie, it's just so sickening, cynic, disgusting, yeah i hate it, but I have to admit that it does these things extremely well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.