[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes a film comfy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1323222240001.jpg (19 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1323222240001.jpg
19 KB, 409x409
What makes a film comfy?
>>
>>71731462
slow steady progression. characters are relatable and/or likable. often has a good sound track or is visually very aesthetically pleasing. has a story and plot that can be enjoyed over and over again without becoming annoying or boring.
>>
Atmosphere
>>
Good comfy film recommendations please
>>
>>71731462
Nostalgia. It has to be a movie you saw during a particular period in your life that you remember fondly. Good or bad you'll get that comfy feeling watching it. Mr. Bean's Holiday is comfy for me because I first watched it back in 2008 during a time in my life when I wasn't worried about my life going nowhere (I was only 16 so I didn't have to be) so I get comfy watching it. I don't believe in a movie that's comfy the first time you watch it.
>>
The thing
>>
By being Fellowship of the Ring
>>
>>71731589
Fellowship of the ring but that's more of a comfy winter kino

Ping pong summer is a comfy summer flick
>>
>>71731589
In fact anything that takes place at a summer camp/ water park/ beach etc is pretty comfy summer material
>>
File: 01904_BG.jpg (842 KB, 724x960) Image search: [Google]
01904_BG.jpg
842 KB, 724x960
>>71731589
moon
The way, way back
everybody wants some
>>
>>71731589
Groundhog Day may be the comfiest film. Generally, anything entertaining and low-stakes.
>>
File: 3287532.png (873 KB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
3287532.png
873 KB, 1280x528
>>71731687
Correct answer
>>
>>71731589
O brother where art thou is top tier comfy
>>
>>71731545
>>71731565
this and tone
>>
eyes wide shut
harry potter
fellowship of the ring
>>
>>71731589
Salaam Bombay
>>
>>71731589

The Coen Brothers' films tend to be rather comfy.
>>
>>71732590
not to me fargo is it
>>
>>71731462
The movie's main characters have to be kids.
The movie's setting has to be a summer house/camp/retreatet.
There has to be at least one vaguely romantic, or budding relationship between two kids.
There has to be elements of fantasy, but explained from the kids' imagination, and never confirmed for actual magic, unless it is sci-fi, in which case it is ok to be confirmed for real, or the magic is extremely downplayed.
Someone has to die/go away/move to another town, and they have to have a relationship with the main character.
The music must be wondrous, but downplayed, and there has to be at least one forest scene.

This is a comfy movie.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.