[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, will you admit that Episode VII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 26
File: rey 78.jpg (101 KB, 1087x769) Image search: [Google]
rey 78.jpg
101 KB, 1087x769
Now that the dust has settled, will you admit that Episode VII was actually pretty good?
>>
>>71728119

no. fuck off

i walked out of the theater thinking it was OK but the more i think about it the more i hate it
>>
>>71728119
>actually pretty good
Not even close, but it's still better than Episodes I and II.

>shit being better than shit

Yeah, but VII is an okay shit. It's not diarrhea like I and II.
>>
File: authentic jj mystery box.png (200 KB, 466x429) Image search: [Google]
authentic jj mystery box.png
200 KB, 466x429
>>71728119
It was plagued from the start
>>
Yes, it's great, only memers and agenda-driven fags who want to stick it to le ess jay double you boogeyman think otherwise
>>
>>71728240
This
>>
File: image.jpg (401 KB, 1242x1385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
401 KB, 1242x1385
I never disagreed.

From the opening shot until the last frame, this was a great movie. One I can watch again and again.
Why?
Good characters.
Good relationships.
Excellent visual effects.
Fantastic sound design.
Practical sets.
Characters who I actually want to see again.
A universe which I would want to visit again.

I think a big reason TFA gets hate that has nothing to do with the actual movie is that it was made by Disney.

The Disney buyout of Lucasfilm and their immediate decision to start making SW films as fast as possible just comes off as very cold business to a lot of people. People had made up their mind, before TFA came out, that Disney SW movies are just product and not movies.

When the comparison to A New Hope started being made after TFA came out, people got very negative, especially with the idea Disney's motive was just to make product that appealed to the long-term fans who knew REAL SW was Ep 4-6. Nostalgia money. Hating The Force Awakens was the result of that.
>>
File: 1460247891481.jpg (287 KB, 1024x1253) Image search: [Google]
1460247891481.jpg
287 KB, 1024x1253
>ywn eat this pizza with her and end with making out with her with pizza inside both of your mouths
>>
>>71728119
The movie didn't change between release and now. It's still quite poor.
>>
>>71728240
>>71728248
i'm a bleeding heart liberal and i hated it
>>
>>71728119
JJ is a nostalgia mining hack that repackages other people's ideas in shiny, boring, safe wastes of film, but they make money so people won't stop him.
>>
Rey gets a lot of hate but I thought she was cool, only two things bugged me about her.

1. You didn't need multiple scenes of her saying she doesn't need any help and she can do it by herself, you don't sound like a strong woman you sound like a cunt, everyone needs help sometimes. But muh feminism.
2. She shouldn't have been able to mind control the Troopers, that's the only force thing she did that I scoffed at.
>>
The only way to redeem this is if she lets Kylo hit it
>>
>>71728240
>only memers and agenda-driven fags who want to stick it to le ess jay double you boogeyman think otherwise
Nah, fuck off with this. It literally is a rehash of Episode IV. There's only a sprinkle of originality from a few characters and plot elements. It deserves criticism for this shit. Sure some anons like to b8 you fucks into blaming /pol/ and shit, but it's not unwarranted hate.
>>
>if you dislike this movie neo-/tv/ assumes you are an edgy misogynist or noncomformist
>they don't believe that someone might just genuinely dislike the movie
it was decent, didn't like the way Kylo was handled (hayden christensen 2.0) or how much stupid conspiracies have started because of the plot points. Rey was a cool character but as pointed out earlier, didn't need to say "I DONT NEED HELP REE" twice.
finn was forgettable and not because he's black, same goes for Han.

Rogue One looks infinitely better though
>>
>>71728119
It was pretty good, but unbelievably derivative. I like the characters, but they didn't need to rehash one of the previous stories.

Hopefully they take these characters to better stories and not just rehash Empire next.
>>
File: randy.jpg (37 KB, 604x446) Image search: [Google]
randy.jpg
37 KB, 604x446
>>71728289
>>71728289
>mfw she got fit as fuck for episode VIII
>mfw her ass is fat after all those squats

she was cute in TFA but now she's full on semen demon status now
>>
File: StarWarsEpisode7.png (796 KB, 1316x1470) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsEpisode7.png
796 KB, 1316x1470
>>71728119
It felt like a 90 minute rushed flick with no backstory character development at all.
>>
>>71728252
>I think a big reason TFA gets hate that has nothing to do with the actual movie is that it was made by Disney.
I agree with most of what you said, but I think a reason it gets a lot of hate is that it's basically a rehash of a New Hope.

I get the reasoning on why they felt they needed to do that (get new generations to experience something similar, get them into Star Wars), but for people who've been following Star Wars all this time, it's pretty damn annoying.
>>
>>71728378
>>71728493
when two people believe it's a rehash of two previous movies, you know there's a problem.
disney should've dropped the VII, and just released it as an original, new movie unrelated to the previous ones or flat out say its a reboot of IV.
special effects and good acting don't make up for the story
>>
File: Rey excercise.webm (2 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
Rey excercise.webm
2 MB, 360x360
>>71728516
>>
>>71728119
no its the worst one or tied for worst with episode i
>>
>>71728517
literally the same thing that killed episode 3, there was a huge ass gap of information from the clone wars that made anakin and obiwan's friendship seem meaningless.
don't worry, disney will release a TFA cartoon that fills in all the blanks soon just like the clone wars cartoon.
>>
Interesting that this thread and another TFA thread would pop up on the same day. Preparing to astroturf the boards before the release of the new flick?
>>
>>71728517
Prequel fan detected.

Star Wars is NOT about backstory and plot details.

It's about the adventure at hand.

It's a shame the prequels have poisoned so many peoples thoughts about Star Wars and how it works. before those films were shat out there was barely any context to A New Hope and that's the way it should be.

1977 Lucas tried to make it like an adventure serial you just changed the channel to and started watching mid-way.
>>
>>71728556
>that titty jiggle
adorable
>>
>>71728556
Imagine if she practiced acting as hard as she did this.
>>
>>71728119
She looks like your stock default video game character.

Actually that sums up Rey completely.
>>
>>71728594
>1977 Lucas tried to
How the fuck do you know what he thinks? Are you a mindreader?
>>
>>71728577
>worst
>episode 1
2 and 3 are worse (though 3 only marginally so)
>>
>>71728582
>don't worry, disney will release a TFA cartoon
they already have from what I am aware of and also in the Lego game there is levels set between events of Episode 6 BUT that is not my point of Disney doing this. My point is that Disney SHOULD HAVE done this in this movie instead of doing it outside the actual episodes.
>>
It's easily the best Star Wars movie ever made. Wish it was longer with more than a spec of worldbuilding though. Was suprised to see Harrison Ford put in effort in a movie again.
>>
>>71728517
>Snoke tells kylo that it is a lie that Vader joined the light side
Already contradicting current canon as both Snoke And Kylo know Vader turned to the light at the last minute
>>
>>71728594
>star wars is not about backstory and plot details
wow, just wow. is this what shitposting has devolved to?
fine, next star wars movie will be 90 minutes of lightsaber battles and "adventure"
fuck plot, fuck luke, just make everyone a jedi so we have adventure.
eat shit for making me so angry that i replied.
>>
>>71728659
Lego Star wars doesn't count as canon m8
>>
I thought it was alright, I just hope VIII is something I'll love. All I felt while watching VII was "ok it's a Marvel movie what about it?"
>>
>>71728659
i was being sarcastic, you're absolutely right.
what i mean to say is that they are going to copy the clone wars and cover their asses by releasing a bunch of shit that fills in the gaps.
absolute trash desu
i would love TFA way more if we saw at least a little bit of how things got that way
>>
>>71728594
>Star Wars is NOT about backstory and plot details.
People who are fans of movies like to see backstory. They do not like to just watch action where 70% of the story is not explained and we have to guess or imagine what it was like.

What Lucas did with the prequels was amazing. The Phantom Menace is a masterpiece when it comes to story: showing young Anakin, his mother, Naboo and the politics before the Empire.

You may have grown up with dull fast paced action movies but for the serious movie goer: story is very essential.
>>
>>71728119
Best since Return Of The Jedi.
>>
>>71728119

I really liked it at first, but the more I think about it, the less I like it. 6/10 movie
>>
>>71728690
Did you even read my point: I used that as an example hence I stated JJ and Disney should have put the backstory into Episode 7 instead of putting it in games, prequel books and cartoons
>>
>>71728723
phantom menace did a great job at portraying what Lucas wanted, which unfortunately, isn't what the public wanted.
i can understand how podracing and family values can get boring in a series with space wizards, but i agree with you.
plot is incredibly important in star wars, the action is meaningless without it.
if we had no idea who darth vader is and we saw luke kill him, it would trigger absolutely no emotion in us.
>>
>>71728745
I get your point, I'm just saying Lego Star wars isn't canon
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 600x389
>>71728643
>>71728683
>>71728723
>When first released in 1977, this movie was simply titled "Star Wars," as it was intended to be a stand-alone film. The sequels were not considered until after it became wildly successful. The name of this movie was changed to "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope" in 1981 to fit in better with the names of the other films. The later print was the first one to be released on mass market video (an earlier Betamax release did not have the subtitle), and all video, laserdisc or DVD releases have featured the subtitles. The theatrical cut DVDs, released in September 2006, were the first time that the original opening crawl, without subtitle, had been released on home video. The reason George Lucas created the title card "Episode IV" in the first film was as a homage to 1940's Saturday afternoon "cliffhanger" serials, like the Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. He also used the "text crawl" the same way each of those series opened up new chapters. He did not, at the time, have Episodes I, II, and III already planned. In fact, at one point, 20th Century Fox wanted the "Episode IV" title removed so as not to confuse moviegoers. There are some prints of the film that do not have that title card.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/trivia?tab=tr&item=tr0743075
>>
>>71728612
it's not like star wars is known for classy actors aside from some of the supporting class

besides, gotta respect an actor who tries to make their mary sue bullshit roles look at least somewhat plausible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc
>>
>>71728723
>The Phantom Menace is a masterpiece when it comes to story: showing young Anakin, his mother, Naboo and the politics before the Empire.
Except for the fact that it's geared to the toddler demographic.
>>
>>71728594
>1977 Lucas tried to make it like an adventure serial you just changed the channel to and started watching mid-way.
This is so fucking moronic. When did Lucas ever state that he originally wanted Star Wars to be a brain turn off?

The whole reason he went back to make the prequels is because he originally WANTED to show all the politics and how the story became about whether you hate the prequels. He never intentioned Star Wars to just be Episode 4-6 and he never intentioned it to just be a dumb action flick as is the way you wish to think of Star Wars as.
>>
>>71728770
>There are some prints of the film that do not have that title card.
I own the original theatrical DVD release which was released in 2006.

It just says "STAR WARS" without any Episode 4.
>>
I liked it up until about half way through, and realized it was just a rehash.The movie was well made and looked great, but I would never recommend it to anyone looking for a Star Wars movie with an original story line.
>>
>>71728770
nice greentext, all it means is that Lucas created backstory and all the other shit AFTER he realized it was a success. what's the problem? what point are you trying to make?
i don't give a shit if all the plot is pulled out of his ass at the last minute, i want it. JJ decided to say fuck that and just released a movie with tons of plot points that are unexplained and meaningless.
>Kylo jerks off to vader and is a edgy retard
>so coool and evil xD
i wanted to see kylo growing up, i wanted to know why him out of everyone.
anakin wasn't shoehorned in episode 3, he was in both previous movies and there is explanation for his behavior, BACKSTORY FOR EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER
>>
>>71728517
Why do so many retards keep posting this? Did we really need to waste an entire movie to relay exposition to the audience when all of that information can already be inferred from TFA?
>>
>>71728782
>Except for the fact that it's geared to the toddler demographic.
Just because it has Jar Jar Binks: you are a moron to believe that Episode 1 is just a kids movie.

Episode 4 is far more of the kids movie compared to Phantom Menace's politics which can be hard to follow for any new viewer - but then young kids don't watch Phantom Menace for the federation, politics
>>
>>71728119
I wouldn't call it good, but I didn't hate it. Something about it just seemed off and I think a lot of it had to do with Rey. Like Finn was cool, I actually like him, all memes aside, he had a clearly defined personality and it was enjoyable to watch him do his thing while also getting background on these new Storm Troopers and the First Order, it felt organic. But Rey just shows up and steals the spotlight for no real reason. I feel like she's being shoved in my face when she doesn't have much of a personality or drive or anything really. She just kind of exists to move the story forward. Like yeah, she's got the thing with her parents leaving her on the desert planet or whatever, but that's really all she's got going for her character. Everything else is literally fucking explained to us, like when Kylo Ren goes "Oh, you see Han Solo as a father figure" as if the audience is too retarded to figure that one out on their own. And then she just gets the Jedi mind trick down after like what, two tries? She just learned about the force not that long ago and we're supposed to believe she can just pull that off, along with all the other shit she does. Like yeah, the force has always been used to kind of drive the plot forward, but it's usually because of like this spiritual connection, like when Luke is calling out to Leia in Empire, or when Vader can sense Luke's presence. Here she just kind of does it so she can escape and the plot can continue, it's lacking the whole spiritual and intangible vibe the force gives out in classic Star Wars, and more importantly she doesn't even work for it. Also, it just felt really short to me, like it was over before I knew it, especially with how fucking rushed the ending was. I felt like I had no time to get to know these characters, and the one new character I liked is in a coma or something. Well I guess I liked Po, but he's barely in the movie. It all just felt like 3/4 of a Star Wars movie, I guess.
>>
>>71728119
No. It's gotten worse because the afterglow is gone.
>>
>>71728683
you're a fucking child who grew up on the prequels. shut the fuck up.

>>71728723
TPM ruined so much, and Attack was even worse.

>Medichlorians
>Yoda is a general

no.. just no.

Story is essential, NOT backstory.

>>71728759
>plot is incredibly important in star wars, the action is meaningless without it.
if we had no idea who darth vader is and we saw luke kill him, it would trigger absolutely no emotion in us.

The Plot and the characters are important. NOT little stupid details about backstory and context.
>>
>>71728723
>People who are fans of movies like to see backstory.
An odd statement. People who like movies like stories. Backstory is something that can be conveyed in 'the present', it's just story. It's like people who think flashbacks are instances of 'moving backwards' even though they literally follow previous scenes or prequels aren't simply sequels. Plot-centrism never works out because it renders one blind to the majority of a movie's substance.
>>
>>71728786
see>>71728770
>>
>>71728838
>Did we really need to waste an entire movie to relay exposition to the audience when all of that information can already be inferred from TFA?
>when all of that information can already be inferred from TFA?
You miss the point. NONE of this information is referred to in TFA. That is the entire point of wishing that Disney had made an actual Episode 7 which would have better explained all the events.

Instead of jumping us straight into a warzone with us not understanding anything of Rey, of the starkiller base that JJ had to destroy at the end because he just couldn't resist his explosion boner.

But of course Nostalgia fanboys are going to defend this movie especially the way it begins because 'THAT'S EXACTLY HOW EPISODE 4 BEGAN AND THAT'S MUH STAR WARS MEMORIES'
>>
>>71728850
>Medichlorians
You'll love the midichlorian tree in episode VIII
>>
>>71728838
why should we infer information?
by that logic, Lucas should've skipped to the final battle with vader and assumed that we can infer everything.
Star wars is a story and like a story, it has chapters and should be a decent length.
TFA felt rushed and lacks the exposition of even the shitty prequels.
i don't want a whole movie of explanation but c'mon, at least some flashbacks or a time jump for 30 min
>>71728850
>little stupid details
who in this thread said they wanted that? TFA has literally nothing supporting the plot, it's a plot i've seen several times in fanfics
>>
>>71728892
It's ok, you don't understand Star Wars. No one blames you.
>>
>>71728915
great counter argument, you really showed him :-)
>>
>>71728843
>And then she just gets the Jedi mind trick down after like what, two tries? She just learned about the force not that long ago and we're supposed to believe she can just pull that off, along with all the other shit she does.
Exactly this. I do not understand how anyone can defend Rey with the way she suddenly knows EVERYTHING about the force in a manner of hours without any training.

So what is Luke meant to teach her?
>>
>>71728289
SHES GOT PIZZA JUST SITTIN THERE IN HER MOUTH!!

FUCKING EPIC!!!!
>>
TFA was awesome

It pretended that the Prequels never happened

It restored some dignity back to Star Wars after those dreadful, sterile, soulless prequels
>>
>>71728958
>So what is Luke meant to teach her?
Nothing. She'll be able to crack planets in two with the force in episode 8, and then collapse whole star systems with the force in episode 9. She doesn't need anyone to teach her.
>>
>>71728986
Fuckin' redditors.
>>
>>71728914
>by that logic, Lucas should've skipped to the final battle with vader and assumed that we can infer everything.

You're being deliberately obtuse. The final battle with Vader was directly relevant to the story at hand. Most of what is laid out in that pic is autistic backstory bullshit that the idiot who made it wanted to SEE when it could have just easily been inferred. We know that Kylo Ren had an inferiority complex and felt isolated after being dumped by his parents on Luke. We don't need to see him being bullied at the academy and delivering a soliloquy where he says CURSE YOU FATHER AND MOTHER WHY DID YOU ABANDON MEEEEEEE

Did we NEED to see EXACTLY how Vader fell to the dark side? It wasn't relevant to the original trilogy, and most people would probably agree that seeing his "fall" in the prequels ruined the character.
>>
>>71728986
>It pretended that the Prequels never happened
It also pretended episode 5 and 6 never happened as the characters regressed into episode 4.
>>
>>71728986
this, the prequels had awful tonal issues.

they didn't feel like Star Wars at all.
>>
>>71728993
What kind of a nerd thinks Rey went to Luke to grind more levels in jedi magic? That's a video game. As bad as VII is, it is a bad MOVIE.
>>
>>71728986
Phantom Menace
>The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.
>At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have our revenge.
>Wipe them out. All of them.
>I don't care what galaxy you're from, that's gotta hurt!
>Credits will do fine.
>Are you an angel?
>Anakin, drop!
>Weesa make you bombad general
>Now THIS is podracing!
>I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!
>It's Skywalker!
>Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
>Only 2 there are, a master and an apprentice.

Attack of the Clones
>You wanna buy some death sticks?
>I sense it too.
>Boba, get on board!
>This party's over.
>I slaughtered them like animals!
>I don't like sand.
>Begun, the Clone Wars have.

Revenge of the Sith
>Always on the move.
>It's treason, then.
>Do it.
>Good. Twice the pride, double the fall.
>You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.
>UNLIMITED POWAAAAH
>Master Skywalker, there are too many of them! What are we going to do?
>Your lightsabers will make a fine addition to my collection.
>So this is how liberty dies; With thunderous applause
>Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy, and we shall have peace.
>If you're not with me, then you're my enemy.
>I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new empire.
>I know you would, I can feel your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger.
>You are under arrest, my lord.

Memorable scenes from the prequels
>Literally anything with based Sheev
>All the lightsaber battles
>The podracing scene
>Obi Wan and Anakin chasing the assassin through Coruscant
>Anakin and Padme in the droid factory
>Anakin slaughtering the sand people
>Obi Wan chasing Slave 1 through the asteroid field
>All the Tatooine scenes in Ep1
>Anakin's transformation into Vader
>The space battles
>The Geonosis arena fight
>The tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise

The Shekels Awakens has nothing, literally nothing, that's original. It's all just a complete rehash.
>>
>>71728786
When he started, he wasn't thinking of making it a brain turn off. After the success of Raiders of the Lost Ark, he started thinking that "people don't care about the plot, they care about the spectacle", and reshifted the focus of Return of the Jedi from the original idea.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2002/11/11/an-interview-with-gary-kurtz
2nd page, where the guy is asked what was the difference between the George Lucas that directed American Graffiti, and the George from the very end of Empire Strikes back. This interview was from 2002, so there are a lot of "&#Array;" mixed in there.

Bonus interview where Boba Fett was originally intended to be the main villain of Return of the Jedi, when George expected this to be 9-12 movies, but cut it when it was decided he was just going to (at the time) do a single trilogy.
https://www.inverse.com/article/15123-george-lucas-s-original-plans-for-star-wars-episode-vii-and-boba-fett-reve
>>
>>71728958
the only explanation for her talent would be if the episode vIII rumors are true and she's the reincarnation of the woman who started the jedi order, and if that's the case than fuck disney and star wars forever and ever. i'll be done with the series completely.
>>
>>71729036
>The Shekels Awakens has nothing, literally nothing, that's original. It's all just a complete rehash.
Wrong.

>Who talks first? Do I talk first?
>>
>>71729016
>characters regressed into episode 4
>WHAAAA WHY DIDN'T EVERYONE LIVE HAPPY EVER AFTER AND HAVE BABIES NAMED ALBUS SEVERUS SKYWALKER

eat shit
>>
Disgustingly cynical rehash. Wait til you get this again and again every 3 years.
>>
>>71728993
>no yuuzhan vong
i can't wait to see rey become the most powerful being in canon
>>
>>71728119
JJ was so busy retelling A New Hope that he forgot to write a self sufficient plot
>who is snoke?
>what is the first order?
>why are the rebels still rebels?
>what planet got blown up?
>why the fuck did Luke leave?
Who cares, here's another Death star!
>>
>>71728958
Rey uses the force 3 times in TFA

The first time was to mind-trick a stormtrooper, which she only knew how to do after experiencing it herself, and even then it took a couple of tries

The second time was when she pulled a lightsaber to her, which Luke does without being trained to do it as well

The third time was when she pushes back against Kylo Ren, after finally mustering up the willpower to do so

Clearly she is a master of the Force guys!
>>
>>71729007
>most people would probably agree that seeing his "fall" in the prequels ruined the character.

that's because it did.

We were told he was a great Jedi and warrior who was seduced to the dark side, but he ended up being a school shooter from the very beginning.

and mean II.

the kid in TPM wasn't Anakin. he just wasn't.
>>
>>71729007
>did we need to see exactly how vader fell to the dark side?
wow....holy shit. you must be baiting me.
>>
>>71729082

the only people we've seen actually mind trick people are fucking jedi masters

she didn't just pull the lightsaber to her, she outpulled kylo

the third is pretty abstracted in the film, im not sure what she did
>>
>>71729072
They don't have to live happily ever after to move on from what they were before. But then you wouldn't understand since you like TFA.
>>
>>71728843
>when Kylo Ren goes "Oh, you see Han Solo as a father figure" as if the audience is too retarded to figure that one out on their own.

It's not like they did a good job of actually conveying any emotion between then, so I would be surprised if no one picked up on that being the intention
>>
>>71729110
I'm not baiting. I'm saying that Darth Vader was a better character in the original trilogy when we thought he was just a Jedi who went bad, not when he was a literal chosen one space jesus who shouted YIPEE and WHOAHHHHHHHH and fell to the dark side because "I won't let you die in child birth"
>>
>>71728119
She's a good actress but I think some parts were lazily written, out of the actors control.
>>
>>71729081
Star Wars isn't about backstory and asinine details that don't matter, it's about the current adventure happening on-screen.
>>
>>71729068
Cringe
>>
>>71729082
>Mind trick
Something only Jedi masters can do.

>Pulled a lightsaber
With no training on doing so.

>Reading Kylo's mind
Not even Obi Wan or Yoda can do that.

>Fighting Kylo
Some random scavver from a desert planet can somehow overpower a trained dark side force user who's had formal training from Luke Skywalker himself?
>>
>>71729036
5 star post anon
>>
>>71729103
The prequels are not only critical of Obi-Wan for being a liar, but also of people who fell for his trickery. What he tells in IV is a story, a story that he prefers because it explains the past in a way that doesn't conflict with his beliefs.
>>
>>71729081

>I want everything spoonfed to me in the first movie!!!

The planet one is a good point. Without actually knowing what it is or having characters on it or visiting it at some point made me not care.
>>
>>71729163
>sequel
>shouldn't explain gaps or why returning characters are doing things that contradict previous movies
>>
>>71729181
It really is a shame that midichlorians and prequel depictions of Jedi have caused irreparable damage to the brand

people STILL think the Force is DBZ power levels, and they don't understand Kylo Ren as a character so they say HURR DURR HE HAD MORE MIDICHLORIANS THAN REY AND HAD MORE JEDI SCHOOL TRAINING SO HE SHOULD NEVER EVER LOSE REEEE
>>
>>71729132
>>71729181
So you guys know more about the force than Lawrence Kasdan, writer of the empire strikes back?

He wrote this movie after all.
>>
I keep a Rey action figure on my desk to help motivate my all female staff and troll neckbeards in other deparments that I know are feelposters online.

Deal with it faggarios.
>>
>>71728119
It's basically the textbook definition a safe sequel, it's not bad its just really boring. Boring is better than irritating though, 5/10 worth a single watch.
>>
>>71729067
implying she isn't that immortal woman who visited The Son, The Father and The Daughter, before becoming a hideous beast that took luke and several sith lords to pacify
>>71729132
this. obiwan could barely move his saber in TPM
>>71729147
i agree with you that he was better, but that doesn't mean that skipping backstory is okay. it just needs to be good backstory. besides, he technically wasn't the chosen one at all and he fell because his immense power makes him emotionally retarded.
what i'm trying to say is that if the prequels were good, it would make vader a MUCH better character.
unforunately they weren't but i'm still glad they exist
TFA not having any backstory, not even a few minutes bothered me
>>71729209
>he was a good friend
the only proof we need that the prequels were obiwan's point of view (no pun intended) and that the cringy bs isn't to be taken seriously because it's all made up
>>71729238
literally no one cares about rey here, no one is being a neckbeard or mysognist. we have actual arguments in this thread
>>
>>71729232
Yes. Kasdan is a dialogue man, not a world builder. He makes Star Quips
>>
>>71729232

this movie was written by a comittee of disney execs and robots for maximum market appeal and mass consumption

kasdan was there to fill in details and slap his name on it for marketing
>>
No, it wasn't good. It was filled too much with trowaway nostalgic callbacks to be good and it pissed me off more than I wanted to be

My main take about the movie is that everything action wise was well done and the CG was good.
But everything storywise was fucking horrible.
>>
>>71729273

proof?
>>
>>71729231
the only people who could actually go toe to toe with jedi are mandalorians
>>
>>71729232

kasdan wrote the screenplay to ESB, the story was by lucas like all the OT and PT, and lucas and only lucas had the last word and decided what was in the star wars universe until disney bought it
>>
>>71729229
That's not what Star Wars is about.

The prequels have poisoned your expectations.
>>
Overrated, just like the rest of the franchise.
>>
>>71729295

past experiences and pattern recognition
>>
>>71729181
>Mind trick
>Something only Jedi masters can do.

Luke does it without being one, he also pulls a lightsaber to him without training

And Rey can only read Kylo's mind because he was in her mind at the time, and we've never seen a Force user try to mind-probe another Force user before, so it's like a 2-way street
>>
>>71729313
you mean the ones that got BTFO in the clone wars?
boba wasn't even mandalorian and he did more damage
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x464
>>71729273
>>71729314
>he wrote it but he didn't REALLY write it
>>
>>71729231
>It really is a shame that midichlorians and prequel depictions of Jedi have caused irreparable damage to the brand
In what way? Midichlorians are basically explained as being an indicator that someone is strong in the force. The force is still the unknown aura that it was in the OT, the midichorian explanation is just there to explain how someone can be strong in the force while others aren't.

>>71729224
>J-just wait for the sequel, we promise to explain everything!

One of George's inspirations for Star Wars was Flash Gordon serials. He wrote each movie so that anyone can watch one out of order and understand what's going on, but they're still part of a larger saga. Disney fails to understand this, which is why they left so many unanswered plot holes in TFA so they can make money, rather than making good movies.
>>
>>71729295
He doesn't have any, he decided that TFA was going to suck when le evul jews at Disney bought the franchise. He's going to deny it, but in his mind, he knew he hated The Force Awakens in 2012.
>>
File: SWPrequelGames.png (1006 KB, 1258x474) Image search: [Google]
SWPrequelGames.png
1006 KB, 1258x474
>>71729036
This isn't even the entire picture of the prequels. You left out all the video games rooted in our memories:
>The Phantom Menace Game
>Pod Racing Game
>Obi Won
>Revenge of the Sith game
>Star Wars Battlefront 2
>Lego Star Wars

Also the amazing John Williams soundtracks which are a 10/10 for all 3 prequel films.

These movies and the prequel content will forever live on.
>>
>>71729354
>The force is still the unknown aura that it was in the OT

That's exactly the problem

By quantifying it, you turn it from "unknown aura" into "Space Diabetes"
>>
>>71729339
luke is also the most powerful jedi being in fucking canon history you mong, it's literally stated that he can learn force powers on his own because of his incredible connection to it.
>>71729354
it's a stupid explanation, if the force is an invisible power then why do human bodies have cells that react to it?
>mixing science with magic
>>
>>71729339

>luke
>not pro by ROTJ

he also barely pulls the lightsaber to him with nothing to contend with but a wampa gnawing on a tonton

rey pulled the lightsaber in a similar fashion, in that it took her effort, however she was contending with an actually trained force user who was also trying to pull it

>but he was injured
>>
>>71729261
Everyone hated the nigger because they thought he was the hero instead of the hole.
Then the movie came out and /tv/ liked the nig but hated the mary sue because they could force that peg into their worldview.

millions of little girls (and boys) look up to rey as a role model, and that is more powerful than 1000 nerds screaming out at once.
>>
File: 1465539295144.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465539295144.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
Now that the dust has settled, how would you describe the way the dust has settled in the floor?
>>
>>71729389
>luke is also the most powerful jedi being in fucking canon history you mong, it's literally stated that he can learn force powers on his own because of his incredible connection to it.

Wow, what a Mary Sue!
>>
>>71729316
>>71729224
It's a golden rule of sequels: every movie should be able to stand on its own. You can watch any Star Wars movie and it has a coherent plot, just like any decent sequel. Relying on a sequel to explain important plot details is ridiculous
>>
>>71729376
>John Williams soundtracks
What happened to 7's soundtrack? Is Lucas making a secret sequel trilogy and John is saving his good stuff for that?
>>
>>71729381
The force is tree spores now with Episode 8
>>
>>71729261
The thing is Obi-Wan really did consider Anakin a good friend, otherwise he would not bother to create a biased retelling of the events. He tells himself that the good and noble Anakin was corrupted and taken from him, rather than that there was an ideological conflict that he refused to aknowledge and it set him up against Anakin.
>>
>>71728119
If you admit that rey is a shit character.
>>
>>71729431
There were memorable music in Episode 7 such as Rey's theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65As1V0vQDM

It wasn't all forgettable
>>
>>71728119
It was a shitty remake of A new hope.
>>
>>71729391
him being injured honestly makes it worse, sith have always performed better under pain and stress because it makes them angrier
>>71729421
not a mary sue because he doesn't display it, and can't summon 100% power at will.
he's powerful in terms of his connection and neutrality with the force, not just raw cool powers.
if you notice, he doesn't bring down ships or suck planets of force energy because he isn't powerful IN THAT WAY
>>71729459
that's my point, he was a good friend but still a piece of shit for twisting the story to cover his ass.
my point there was that we can't really believe anakin was an angsty idiot because there is actually no one else alive who knew him besides obiwan.
>>
>>71729341
they were just clones
>>
>>71729495
i'm talking about the cartoon, which had real mandalorians. they weren't even civilians, they were hardened soldier class mandalorians who had trained specifically to stop the jedi.
>>
>>71729457
Source?
>>
>>71728252
A reminder that this poster is a shilland posts the exact same image in every thread with the exact same posts.
>>
>>71729429
It doesn't rely at all. It's its own adventure.

If you want irrelevant plot details, that's a personal problem.
>>
>>71729491
>if you notice, he doesn't bring down ships or suck planets of force energy because he isn't powerful IN THAT WAY

Rey doesn't do any of that shit either, and if Rey is indeed Luke's offspring, then maybe she inherited his ability to learn Force powers on his own?
>>
>>71729295
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/14/lucasfilm-will-hire-a-woman-to-direct-a-star-wars-movie-one-day

>"Fifty percent of our executive team are women," said Kennedy." Six out of eight of the people in my Story Group are women. I think it's making a huge difference in the kind of stories we're trying to tell."

no wonder rey's a mary sue and the greatest jedi. she's kathleen kennedy's insert.
>>
File: angry-pepe.jpg (7 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
angry-pepe.jpg
7 KB, 236x236
>>71729457
wait wut? are you saying the entire energy of the force comes from 1 tree? please don't tell me this is what will be explained in episode 8
>>
>>71729289
this desu.

People got exactly what you always get with Disney a servicable middle of the road product made for the masses.
>>
>>71729036
>>Anakin and Padme in the droid factory
>>Obi Wan chasing Slave 1 through the asteroid field
>>All the Tatooine scenes in Ep1
>>The space battles
Okay but memorable doesn't mean good
>>
>>71729581
she doesn't do it now but that wasn't my point, i'm just explaining what kind of power luke has.
anyway, it doesn't make sense for her to learn so quick. Anakin solo had to train for years to use the force and he ended up having one of the most powerful force moments at 16 which killed him.
Rey learns a trick in two tries and successfully does it on a sith who's been trained to stop this.
admit it, she's a mary sue.
Episode III saw some of the most powerful jedi killed by mere clone troopers but no, rey survives and has skills that took them time to learn
>what if she's luke's offspring
stop. stop please
>>
File: commie-tears.png (311 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
commie-tears.png
311 KB, 480x480
>>71728119

It was good enough to make me not regret seeing it.
But it could have easily been one of the best movies of the year, had they focused more on a good story. Instead we have an emasculated villain, a main character who isn't allowed to struggle at all, a dead icon of the series (based solo would've been fun to have on their adventures), and two incompetent stooges who just serve as filler.

It's kind of sad when you think about how easy it could have been to make us drooling and screaming, trying to wait, for the next sequel. Instead we just got an okay movie, that will only be remembered by the merit of the other trilogies.
>>
>>71729491
Wouldn't it be the opposite? There's only one source of information, and it's a guy who dresses in rags and lives in the desert. Is that trustworthy? No. Why did Luke believe Obi-Wan? Because he could validate Luke's desire to have space adventures by telling he descends from a great hero who had space adventures.

And then in Empire Strikes Back, Obi-Wan turns out to be a liar, and all it takes is the introduction of a second source of information.
>>
>>71729618
Yep and that is why nu-wars is a steaming hunk of shit.
>>
>>71729695
It's heavily hinted at that she's Luke's daughter m8

If she's a Skywalker then it makes sense why she's so powerful in the Force
>>
>>71728119
Yeah, is pretty good. After you hit your head 2 or 3 times with a hammer.

Hey, even BvS looks good now.
>>
>>71728119
Everything but Rey was fantastic. The movie would have been 100 times better if it had just been Po and Finn. They had great chemistry and would have made the movie amazing.
>>
>>71729801
i don't want to believe it m8, i still believe that JJ will bring back the EU and make the sequels fucking amazing
>you will never see anakin solo go supernova on the yuuzhan vong
>>
>>71729633
So you haven't read the leaks and seen the set pictures confirming the tree stuff? Oh boy.

I'm sorrh anon but the force now comes from two kids playing under a tree and one kid turned angry and killed his sister, thus the dark side was born.

The dead sister being a girl therefore good is Rey before she was reborn.

Oh yes they are retconning the prophecy, Anakin isn't the chosen one anymore, it's Rey.
>>
>>71729869
"the chosen one" is just a term for whoever has the power to stop the sith.
Anakin could've had an aneurysm or been killed in any of his hundreds of battles, the sith would've been stopped regardless. the prophecy isn't some fool proof thing set in stone, its a guideline. anakin has the most potential force power in history and a strong sense of justice so the council groomed him to be the chosen one.
in the end, he was because he stopped the sith but it really wasn't some "meant to be' kind of thing
>>
>>71729869
which makes the skywalkers irrelevant. i swear if this happens, it'll be the end of star wars.
>>
>>71729919
The council refer to it as a prophecy not a guideline.
>he was grommed to be the chosen one
You're a moron.
>>
>>71729801
It was confirmed Reys parents weren't in VII by jj. She isn't a Skywalker and even if she were that is no excuse for her Mary Sue shit, it took Luke all three films before he could face Vader and even then Sheev fried his arse and needed a sucker punch from Vader to win.
>>
>>71728367
> Reddit

Nice boogyman.
>>
>>71729869
>Oh yes they are retconning the prophecy

Good, "the prophecy" only existed in the shitty prequels and the new trilogy is going on as if those never existed
>>
>>71729919
>whoever has the power to stop the sith.
Isn't this what the jedi order believed? The same jedi order who got tricked by a guy who lived like one building over? The same jedi order who was adamant about opposing evil but did no good?

And then Darth Vader, a fucking sith, kills Palpatine while Luke was on the floor crying.
>>
>>71729962
>the new trilogy is going on as if those never existed
Except they're not. Disney never said they are retconning the prequel trilogy and in Episode VII there was even a mention of clone armies.
>>
>>71728119
best marketing i've ever seen
>>
>>71729951
>Sheev

Who?
>>
>>71729942
It's retarded because the god of Star Wars even refered to Anakin as the chosen one.
>>
>>71730007
Way to not know a character who appears in five out of seven movies.
>>
>>71729971
hence why my entire post was how they picked a random kid who had high midichlorians (thanks lucas) and assumed he is the chosen one because why not.
>>71729944
read>>71729971 to get an idea of how smart this council is.
>>71730007
get out.
>>
>>71729962
yah, the tree shit sounds much better.
>>
>>71729971
well, in the end he did have the power to overcome his injuries and turmoil inside.
>>
>>71730007
It ain't Sheev, I ain't no senators son, no, noooooo!
>>
>>71730007
How can you not know the fucking antagonist? Stupid cunt.
>>
>>71729951
>It was confirmed Reys parents weren't in VII by jj.

That's because Rey is a clone made from Luke Skywalker's severed hand
>>
>>71730073
>Auto
>i ain't no senators son, no,noooo!
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71730073
>i'll dodge the draft, that's a good trick!
>>
>>71728119
No. It was bland as hell, it was trash. Only people that like this are either retarded or nostalgia blinded faggots.
>>
>>71730107
Bra fucking vo Nolan.
>>
>>71730131
>implying mara jade won't reveal herself in a flashback to be the mother that left rey behind
Nolan ain't got shit on JJ
>>
>>71728119
rey didn't interact with poe at all. literally not a single word of dialogue was spoken between the two. considering they're supposed to be 2/3rds of the new trinity of main characters, that seem like a bad choice on the filmakers part.
>>
Only if you're a fucking retard. Not only did characters not progress they fucking went backwards. Same with the whole fucking story line.
>>
lads fuck rey and fuck midichlorians
the real question is...
does JJ have the balls to include Abeloth as a main villain or side plot?
>>
>>71730170
The novelisation has them flirting with each other , setting up their romance.
>>
>>71728119

MEDIOCRE
>>
>>71728367
Quoting more than 5 people should result in a permaban. It's the only thing that truly ruins threads, worse than any kind of shitposting
>>
>>71730131
It makes sense

The orange granny alien seemed to know exactly who Rey was, and it also explains why she had Luke's lightsaber, and why Rey has such a huge flashback when she touches it
>>
File: 1384951255919.jpg (7 KB, 267x323) Image search: [Google]
1384951255919.jpg
7 KB, 267x323
>>71728119
How do you know all this?
That... is a question for another time :^)
>>
>>71730241
Except the orange sphincter eyed creature asked "who's the girl" to Han before the scene cut away so we couldn't see his answer. Han probably knew, but that just raises further questions.
>>
>>71730302
Oh god, I forgot abot that masterpiece of a middle finger to the audience.
>>
>>71729017
>tfa was awesome
>the prequels didn't feel like star wars movies at all
Switch those two around mate
>>
>>71729869
>I'm sorrh anon but the force now comes from two kids playing under a tree and one kid turned angry and killed his sister, thus the dark side was born.
>The dead sister being a girl therefore good is Rey before she was reborn.
So this is some ancient mythological yin yang/Cain and Abel thing?

>Oh yes they are retconning the prophecy, Anakin isn't the chosen one anymore, it's Rey.
NO PLEASE NO!! Anakin was always the chosen one from the start!

Can't they just say that since Anakin failed; Rey is now the chosen BUT originally the Gods of the universe (or whatever is behind everything) DID want Anakin to be that one until he fell to the dark side.

That would make more sense
>>
>>71730302
>using the smiley with the carat nose
>>
>>71730302
THAT FUCKING PART OF THE MOVIE...
>>
the good and bad come from that it's exactly like JJ Abrams' other films. The good is excellent casting/directing of actors. The bad of it... is the complete lack of storytelling, at every level. Now it must be said that this comes from a place of love for JJ. He set out to make a film that 'delights' audiences. And he largely achieved that. Individual scenes do 'delight' in that sense, and he has clearly constructed each scene such that it placates and satisfies. But when you put those scenes together, there is no narrative, no story and no character development.

It must be said first that Star Wars did this extraordinarily well in 1977. Structurally formulaic, sure, but Luke has a very clear narrative. He wants to leave home and be a part of something. When given the chance to, he refuses the call initially but takes it. He then struggles with his task, culminating in his blowing up the death star without the targeting module, a heroic moment that was truly earned by his lack of confidence in the past. Han too has a very clear, though shorter, journey from rogue who's only there for the money, to hero. His journey was perhaps too clearly signposted, yet when watching the trench one sequence every time the audience forgets about Han until that moment where he flies in,guns blazing to help Luke save the day. Luke and Han's final moments are clear, concise and were fully earned by the narrative preceding them.

What exactly does Rey want to do? We are told she wants to find her family. Okay, but then in the next scene she's all too eager to help out Finn and help Han Solo, for seemingly no other reason than 'you're Han Solo!', 'you know Luke Skywalker!' etc, which are very obvious moments to play into fans' nostalgia and feel out of character. She has no major flaws and has no journey to some end goal. All her potential decisions (to leave or stay Jakku) are made for her by the First Order arriving.
>>
disjointed, awkward, produced in comittee grade a shit.
>>
>>71728119
Nope. I don't even consider Disney Wars canon.
Won't be going to see anything put out by them.
>>
>>71728770
>When first released in 1977, this movie was simply titled "Star Wars," as it was intended to be a stand-alone film

That's bullshit.
There's a Star Wars novel called 'Splinter of the Minds Eye'. It's one of the first (if no THE first) pieces of Expanded Universe media.

While George Lucas is listed as the author, it was actually ghost-written by someone else, but based on Lucas' own idea.
Said idea was for the sequel Lucas had planned to make if Star Wars was not the hit it turned out to be.
>>
>>71728119
dumb /v/ crossposting memer
>>
>>71731151
Ditto.
>>
>>71730007
Yikes
>>
>>71731151
The prequels aren't cannon
>>
>>71731580
No, they aren't cannon. But they are canon.
>>
>>71731592
Well they are neither canon not cannons.
>>
>>71731646
Nor*
>the city of my
>>
>>71731666
>>71731646
Whatever satan
>>
>>71731666
*my typing
I'm just gonna go now before I embarrass myself further
>>
>>71728517

Can it be that jedi always get fucked by traitors because of their dogmatic and inflexible teachings?
>>
>>71728119
Honestly, no memes or anything, I just didn't enjoy it, I get that you can't stray too far from the originals but it was just way too similar to A New Hope, the characters weren't exactly bad but nobody noteworthy that really stayed with me, they all seemed pretty similar to each other except for the villains I guess. The relationships seemed a bit forced, the way Finn and Poe become immediate friends and speak like teenagers was too much Disney for a SW movie. It definitely wasn't as bad as the prequels, though.
>>
File: 1465661075504.gif (1 MB, 217x224) Image search: [Google]
1465661075504.gif
1 MB, 217x224
>>71728289
>clipper fan
absolutely patrician taste
>>
I still haven't seen it, and no one has spoiled it for me. That's how i know it sucks.
>>
>>71728119

It was maybe a bit better than Jurassic World in terms of sequelitis but still hideously flawed, but then again every Star Wars film since 1983 has been
>>
>>71732960
>>
>>71728119
My only complaint about this movie is that female lead being overly portrayed independent, it's like beating a dead horse, we fucking get it, she's a neo-feminism power fantasy. She basically takes every fucking chance she can get to badmouth that poor negro, and establish dominance. It's ridiculous, you can make strong female leads without having to CONSTANTLY remind the audience that "hands off", "i can do this by myself", "i don't need your help" blablabla "insert muh strong womyn statement". Completely put me off. Show that she is strong, show it. It's a fucking movie isn't it? SHOW it. If they had downplayed the obvious shilling, and stopped hating on that negro, I might have enjoyed this.
>>
File: ironic.jpg (146 KB, 1456x816) Image search: [Google]
ironic.jpg
146 KB, 1456x816
>>71728986
>>
>>71728119
While I was watching it I thought it was OK.

The more I think about it, the more it was a garbage film.
>>
YOR HON SOLO
>>
>>71728321
This
>>
File: 1379648694836.jpg (37 KB, 427x190) Image search: [Google]
1379648694836.jpg
37 KB, 427x190
>>71728119
>/tv/
>admitting that a popular movie less than a decade old is good
kek
This a board 50% consisting of edgy contrarian teenagers with the other 50% being memeposters who don't even care about movies. God forbid they ever agree with the general audience.
>>
>>71733967
>it's impossible that a popular movie isn't actually good
>if you don't like something that most people like you're only pretending
>>
>>71729869
Pls no senpai God I swear if that's what happens my childhood will be finally dead
>>
>>71728157
I think Episodes 1 and 3 are better (which isn't saying much). The thing is though, when I think of Episode 1 especially, I think of the Pod Race and the lightsaber duel. Clearly that movie did at least some things right. Great score too. I don't care much for episode 2, but 3 had some great scenes too, with Palpatine, but I also thought Anakin had a few good scenes (also some bad ones, like the balcony scene).

I just can't think of anything memorable from Episode 7, except for the ending moment with Luke. Hamill looked perfect and the music fit the scene well, but it's literally 2 minutes or something.
>>
File: rt-tfa.jpg (37 KB, 517x205) Image search: [Google]
rt-tfa.jpg
37 KB, 517x205
>>71734003
>isn't actually good
Right. The critics are all payed, audience has shit taste, you are the only one enlightened.
>>
>Tacked on black and female MC
>Ep4 Remake
>Full of shitty "jokes"
>Han Solo, Leia and Jewbacca only because 'muh nostalgia'
>Ugly as fuck villain, like HOLY SHIT

no it's fucking garbage
>>
File: 1458541262442.png (42 KB, 300x146) Image search: [Google]
1458541262442.png
42 KB, 300x146
>>71728289
>>
File: 1458498174685.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1458498174685.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
>>71733760
I thought he was a milf?

God her lines were so overly dramatic. Reminded me of Emma Watson's annoying portrayal of Hermione from Harry Potter. Sad!
>>
>>71728119
Episode VII was actually pretty good
>>
>>71728252
I didn't hate it, but it was very hackneyed and the characters weren't very innovative.
>>
>>71728556
Shame about her chest though.
>>
>>71734643
DFC is best C
>>
You know I loved the action, the stormtroopers and lightsaber battles were cool and that was what I was worried about, when I rewatch it i'm pretty happy

I didn't like poe, finn, kylo ren and starkiller base
>>
>>71728119
I want to hug her :3
>>
>>71728119

Of course it was good, never fucking listen to /tv/

Good movie other than the death star shit that was shoehorned in
>>
>>71734840
I want to __________________________very detailed description of a lewd act____________________________________________ her :3
>>
>>71734131
The critics and audiences are dumb as shit, as usual

The only reason they didn't like the prequels is because they're comically bad, like to a ridiculous degree

The first two Star Wars movies are incredible, but of course they'd settle for pleb bait if that was all that was on offer
>>
I loved it.

Rogue One looks pretty fucking soulless though.
>>
>>71728119
I thought it was good in a vacuum, but I wanted something more than "A New Hope now starring: a girl".
>>
Can we all at least agree that EpII is the worst by far?
>>
>>71728119
It's absolutely atrocious dude, what are you talking about?
>>
>>71728119
DUDE LETS GIVE HER LIGHTSABERS AT THE END BECAUSE STAR WARS LMAO

nothing original about this hack hack jewbrams productions.
>>
>>71728119
It was good, but flawed just like the original
Best bits
>Finn
>Poe the Bro
>Dem effects
>Great acting from old and new (Expect Rey who really needs to interact and buddy up more with Finn where she at her best)
>The twist on Han's death
Worst bits
>Rey going full Mary Sue around the middle, you never go full Mary Sue especially in a series as popular in Star Wars, she got two movies to give her some flaws and character development
>The recycling of Episode 4 plot and the need to set up the other two episodes
>Rey hugging Leia despite never meeting before instead of Chewie will always be the worst scene in the franchise
>No more fucking mystery box JJ, glad he's not directing the next two episodes
>>
>>71728289
looks like a 40 year old meth mom
>>
>>71735188
The next two movies are suppose to freaky ass shit, I hope they don't just repeat Empire and Return. If they next new planet we see is another ice planet I will go to JJ's house and slap the fucker silly.
>>
>>71728156
>but the more I see /pol/ hates it the more I hate it
fixed for you, friend
>>
>>71730620
>Anakin was always the chosen one from the start

You mean since 1999 when George Lucas retconned Vader into space Jesus because he sold the most toys

The idea of a literal chosen one is so antithesis to what Star Wars is supposed to be about, I hope they don't make Rey a female space jesus in episode VIII
>>
>>71735398
Fuck you, some of us waited decades to see that girl power shit, and it was worse than we thought.
Because when it comes to girl power and Disney Princesses, you don't need to train or practice or be taught because it's all magic.

FUCK YOU, FUCK DISNEY AND FUCK J J ABRAHAM AND FUCK THAT FUCK MIKE FROM RED MEDIA WHO SUGGESTED J J ABRAHAM.
>>
it was okay but not worth a second viewing imo
>>
>>71735888
The part what really fucks me up is of how everyone says Kylo Ren was such a fucking loser for having lost to maRey Sue, but Luke trained with Yoda for a year and continued to train all between episode 5 and 6 until he was able to make a green saber. maRey sue didn't train, AT ALL. Didn't believe in the force, at all and was beat at the end until Ren says, force, she goes, oh yeah, the swartz and then she trumps him. Fuck j.j and fuck disney.
>>
File: Moon.jpg (74 KB, 825x825) Image search: [Google]
Moon.jpg
74 KB, 825x825
>>71728119
It's alright, despite what /tv/ children will say in between "muh BvS is art" threads it is not anywhere near as terrible as the prequels.

The main issue with it is unoriginality.
>death star mk 3
>despite being an interesting character, villain is still just sith in black robes with mask and red lightsaber
>obligatory millenium falcon
the prequels had it way beat in cool original content that made for lots of great stuff in Star Wars Battlefront but they are just awful, unwatchable films.
>>
just a rehash of a new hope

I get the impression the movie was initially going to involve rogue squadron and have an original plot, but JJ Abram insisted "naw dude, let me butcher it like I butchered star trek"
>>
>>71728119
Sure.
I loved it.
>>
>>71734131
>it has good ratings so it must be good
>the majority always knows best
just kys
>>
File: JJA.jpg (209 KB, 1456x816) Image search: [Google]
JJA.jpg
209 KB, 1456x816
>>71733607
JJ could have added soul to episode 3
>>
>>71736045
don't forget Disney's new Tiara Princess who has to beat the bad guy by the final act. Even if the bad guy had years of training and displayed two of the most potentially powerful force moves ever seen. Until this never trained Disney Princess for Disney princess reasons, out force performed a veritable force master.
>>
Isnt there a sw pleb containment board alredy ? Were here for Cinema
>>
>>71738516
If by soul you mean shit, then yes, he could have added lots more shit to episode 3.
>>
>>71729231

It's not a "power level" thing. But we DO know that practice does improve a Force User's ability to use the Force on average.
>>
>>71738695
it's already nothing BUT shit
>>
>>71728157

fuck off with this memery, the prequels were great
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-07+at+08.19.48).jpg (94 KB, 775x377) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-07+at+08.19.48).jpg
94 KB, 775x377
>>71728252
You plebs are still looking at the fresh % score, you have to look the average rating
>>
I actually enjoyed it when I watched it in the theater, it was pretty, well directed but when I think back on it I realize that the script and the characters, were unacceptable.
>>
>>71730643
George Lucas was actually influenced by comparative mythology and the "monomyth" when he created the first Star Wars movies. People who liked VII reflect criticism by saying that Star Wars was all about "fun action" or "fun adventure".
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.