[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show is amazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: chzqfpjuyaaqgpt.jpg (118 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
chzqfpjuyaaqgpt.jpg
118 KB, 640x640
This show is amazing
>>
>>71721580
Amazingly shitty.
>>
>>71721580
I remember when I was 16yo
>>
does the girl that was in the pilot of constantine do anything sexy in this show?
>>
File: Preacher s01e06 dumb cunt.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Preacher s01e06 dumb cunt.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>71721580
>>
>>71721936
that brown bitch is insufferable
>>
>>71721580
I don't hate it, not quite anyway. Cass and the angels are currently the show's saving grace. My biggest gripe is how Jesse is pretty much the villain at this point. He literally sent Arseface to Hell because he called Jesse out for abusing his power.

I mean, damn, Show Jesse's whole characterization is completely at odds with his comic version. Comic Jesse's whole arc revolves around confronting God for being a petty manipulative jackass, and here we have show Jesse brainwashing people into being Christian.
>>
File: geass nothing wrong.png (928 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
geass nothing wrong.png
928 KB, 1280x720
>>71722048
>He literally sent Arseface to Hell because he called Jesse out for abusing his power.

are they still doing the "jesse says something and accidentally uses the voice while doing it" thing?

I thought that would have stopped after the first few episodes
>>
>>71721622
Half a year ago?
>>
>>71721976
I'd fuck her though
>>
What's the point of Eugene? He lowers the tone.
>>
>>71722217
I'm more annoyed at how Jesse believes he's fucking God's chosen one when two angels told him flat out that he's possessed by a (half) demon.
>>
>>71722048
Garth Ennis, who created the comics, said that he like how we can see Jesse trying to do the right church thing before the comics events really starts to show up
>>
>>71722217
>God, wouldn't it be crazy if I told you to kill all these people you're trying to help? Oh shit I left my eye on didn't I
>>
The last episode redeemed it. The hotel scene was kino as fuck
>>
I hope the show gets darkier, even with his sense of humor, or gonna be an edgy supernatural parody.

But I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>71722621
So "Kino" means awesome?
>>
Supernatural meets pulp fiction
>>
>>71722744
Kino means "I am underage and use memes to fit in, please ignore my posts"
>>
>>71722466
>>71722466
>I'm more annoyed at how Jesse believes he's fucking God's chosen one when two angels told him flat out that he's possessed by a (half) demon.

This! fucking this.
To me Ennis is pulling a Mark Millar with is approval over every stupid change with Preacher

Even if he accidentally use the voice to send arseface to hell, the fact he can do that with the voice broke not only the rules of his power on the comics but also make him somekind of wish master wich is pretty stupid way to ruin the concept and arseface story
>>
It's alright, though held back by casting a wrong actress in the Tulip role (nothing against her, just not right for the part) and not being able to go as far as the comic in its dark humor and anti-theism.
>>
>>71723218
Give it time. Everyone was bitching about how they were going to make every thing about aliens instead of religion but they were proven wrong.

We've already seen a glimpse of it with Quincannon's interpretation of what serving God is.
>>
>>71723175
He's probably going to do something stupid at that sermon, come down from his power high, realize what he's done and go searching for Arseface in hell. There, he'll probably meet Saint of Killers.
>>
>>71723269
Oh right thats his interpretation of what God wants. I was half-convinced Odin had just somehow defied Jesse.
>>
I tapped out after the third episode. I just can't stand how slow the show is and all the dumb changes. I also can't see how Ennis would approve of this shit, other than maybe it gives the comics more exposure. He's getting money either way, I'd imagine.

Why did Jesse send Arseface to hell?
>>
>>71723303
But how he will go to hell to search for arseface?
I mean, the voice dont work in that way.
>>
>>71723800
Arseface has been like a mirror to Jesse, every one of his problems leads him to conclusions that perfectly break down Jesse's own delusions of what he's thinking of in a given episode. Arseface pointing out how it's like cheating and that choice matters, how you can't 'make' people see the light; it was exactly what Jesse needed to hear but he didn't want to. The Word kicked in subconsciously when he shouted "Go to hell Eugene"

Basically this Jesse is letting the power get to his head and things are going catastrophically because of it. Even Cassidy tried to get through to Jesse about the dangers. Fuckin Cassidy is a voice of reason in this scenario, can yeh imagine?
>>
>>71723800
>I also can't see how Ennis would approve of this shit, other than maybe it gives the comics more exposure. He's getting money either way, I'd imagine.

Ennis is falling down for a long time now.
He had an stellar run with Constantine, Preacher, Hitman and The Punisher, but since then his work become shittier and shittier. Not like The Boys, Crossed, Battlefields, Dicks,etc was on par with his previous works.

He need to approve Preacher changes because he knows that The Boys adaptation is the next thing for Rogen and that means more money.
>>
File: rare ennis.jpg (31 KB, 599x443) Image search: [Google]
rare ennis.jpg
31 KB, 599x443
>>71724110
The Boys is fantastic and I'm very much not looking forward to the show version if Preacher is anything to go by. What I am looking forward to is the Born prequel he wrote being released later on.
>>
I like Preacher, the comic, but it's clearly flawed. I think the show tries to address some of them. in the long run I think having Jesse going on a power trip actually makes sense, because he is gonna do some awful shit and realize "fuuuuuck, so my God is not a benevolent one that controls everything. He is a petty jackass." in the comics, Jesse being pissed at God always seemed kindof adolescent, like he has no real reason to rebel but must do so. Maybe this fixes it.

also, i kinda love Tulip on the show. she seems like a more proactive character. and for some reason i think the actress has a lot of charisma, even when the part she is playing veers into the "strong wymen don't need no man" territory.

the show needs to move at a faster pace, though. this is not Mad Men. I don't want to spend an entire season of this before we get into the serious shit.
>>
>>71724262
The Boys is not in the same leage as his work on Preacher, Constantine or Hitman.
>>
>>71724576
The Boys flows better than Preacher and ends better than Preacher.
>>
>>71723800
he didn't get sent to hell, he just ran out of there while jesse's back was turned. what are you smoking? jesse's power doesn't work that way
>>
i cannot stand cooper's dog face and metrosexual haircut
>>
>>71724262
The Boys was fucking woeful, m8
>>
>>71721580
gilgun is the only good thing about this show
>>
>>71721580
omg. i came here just to find a thread to release my bowels into but its already full of this godforsaken shitshow AMC calls a show. They got sold the Jessica Jones script a year late.
>>
I wish we could have Preacher thread free of spoilers [code]insert sad face emoticon [/code]
>>
I missed Sunday's episode. Did they explain why Quincannon's version of serving God involved luring in some people under false pretenses to murder them indiscriminately?
>>
>>71723218
gotdammit i hate that bitch
>>
>>71722773
This description makes me want to give it a watch.
>>
>>71724987
Spot the reddit
>>
>>71724662
Agree, but as a whole, The Boys is not a regarded as a classic like Preacher
Preacher and hitman give Ennis some Eisner nominations and won 3 times.

The Boys is OK, but is pretty much the moment when Ennis works become more and more niche.
>>
File: boots.jpg (152 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
boots.jpg
152 KB, 640x984
>>71724662
>>71724576
yfw his best work never gets mentioned at all
>>
>>71721755

No, if you want that you'll have to go watch her appearances in True Blood.
>>
>>71725166
Is that Battlefields? It was so boring I barely remember.
>>
>>71725007
Nope.
>>
>>71725217
nope
>>
>>71725166

excuse me?
>>
>>71721580
Its pretty good
>>
File: Preacher 047-015.jpg (714 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Preacher 047-015.jpg
714 KB, 1988x3056
>>71725007
Quincannon is probably gonna take the place of his grandma from the comics
He'll have god with him like she did and the voice won't work on him
Then he'll shoot whatsherface in the face like the comics and bring her back cause it was god's warning
>>
>>71725798
edgy, i like it
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1467865517127.webm

Because sound. I feel Fiore has pretty great delivery in most of his lines, there's a good mix of discomfort and fatigue in that one.
>>
File: 0082 - XHykLww.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
0082 - XHykLww.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>>71726035
>>71725798
that part where the crossed jerked off into a bowl of bullets then shot people with the bullets to turn them
>>
The pacing is whack as fuck and its done the absolute worst job at explaining or introducing shit until partially, the latest episode.

But damn if it isn't entertaining to watch.
>>
I like it more and more, each episode is better than the one before, its due time we had a genuine douche for a main character
>>
>>71724110
His current War Stories run is quite good. I thought Caliban was great too.
>>
>>71726202
you mean a heel stable for a main cast
>>
>>71723218
Never mind the actress, the characterization is just plain fucked. They turned a loving, college educated compassionate woman with huge streaks of badassery into a crass, bitchy, whorehouse raised cunt with no moral sense.
>>
The actress play a better tulip

deal with it
>>
>>71721580
just read the first two volumes of the comic and boy did they change a lot.
>>
File: 1464503275610.jpg (14 KB, 245x189) Image search: [Google]
1464503275610.jpg
14 KB, 245x189
>>71722289
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.