[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the one movie you wish you could watch for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1464241124001.jpg (69 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1464241124001.jpg
69 KB, 540x405
What is the one movie you wish you could watch for the first time again?
>>
not another teen movie
>>
The Fifth Element.

I recognized having seen it before, while I was "watching it for the first time".
>>
Probably something with a good twist. Memento or something that is unwatchable a second time because of the twist. For pure love, either The Iron Giant or Pan's Labyrinth.
>>
File: niceguys.jpg (31 KB, 568x534) Image search: [Google]
niceguys.jpg
31 KB, 568x534
this
>>
>>71713586
Empire (1964)
>>
The BFG
>>
>>71713586
In terms of subjective enjoyment Fight Club.
>>
>>71713619

No chance. I've seen the movie probably 75 times and I still pick up jokes that I didn't notice before.
>>
>>71713586
The Usual Suspects. I haven't even watched it once because I know the spoiler and it totally demotivates me from seeing the film.
>>
>>71713675

You're not missing out on anything. The movie is literal shit besides the ending.
>>
>>71713660
I saw it for the first time last month (spoiler free for 20 years somehow) and I agree.
>>
>>71713586
The Dark Knight Rises
>>
jennifers body or batman returns in theater
>>
>>71713586

Borat
>>
File: thumbs up NK.jpg (187 KB, 598x465) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up NK.jpg
187 KB, 598x465
>>71714021
I was thinking Return of the King, but I think this might be the best answer here. Probably the best first-time viewing experience I've ever had.
>>
>>71713660
Goddamn, this movie blew me the fuck away when I was 15. This, assuming I could feel that same way again
>>
>>71713586
Holy Motors
>>
Ace Ventura
>>
File: Repofinalposter.jpg (150 KB, 750x1098) Image search: [Google]
Repofinalposter.jpg
150 KB, 750x1098
>>
L'Ascension du Chevalier Noir
>>
The Crying Game. In the theater.
>>
The Shawshank Redemption.

It was a fantastic movie, but first time around, I never realized that you're supposed to assume Andy hung himself in his cell, Red and the other guy talking about the rope Andy borrowed kind of slipped by me. I'm sure the ending would've been that much better having realized that twist.

That or Empire Strikes Back, both Yoda being the small green guy and Vader being Luke's father both would've been pretty cool to watch, but part of being iconic means the twist gets spoiled for you pretty much as soon as you get introduced to the series by someone today.
>>
File: blade runner.jpg (265 KB, 998x1500) Image search: [Google]
blade runner.jpg
265 KB, 998x1500
knowing what i know now, final cut on the big screen.
>>
>>71713586
The Prestige
Interestellar in theaters, I watch it on my pc
Gladiator
Waterworld with the alternative ending
I am legend with the alternative ending
Maybe The Matrix if I can also travel back at that time as it would be lame today.
Definitely Alien if I can also travel back at that time, as it would be lame today.
>>
Crank for sure. Also saw
>>
>>71715269
That'd be awesome.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.