[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of The Americans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
Just caught up with the series
>>
>>71709182
When does this show take place?
>>
Excellent. One of the best dramas in recent times. Nuanced storytelling, powerful acting, comfy set design. This season was incredible. That time skip episode and the surrounding episodes were really exemplary. I'd recommend Deutschland 83 as a companion series.
>>
>>71709571
During the cold war.
>>
File: mgid-ao-image-mtv.com-200097.jpg (60 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
mgid-ao-image-mtv.com-200097.jpg
60 KB, 980x551
>>71709623
I've never felt worse for a character.
>>
>>71709747
Agreed, it was really affecting, Handled really well. She could have been a pathetic punchline instead of a human being in lesser writer's hands.
>>
>>71709842
Her and Sara Paulson delivered GOAT tier performances on The Americans and People v OJ, respectively. The two best dramas of the year.
>>
>>71709747
>tfw she's murdered by the pilot carrying the bio-weapons off screen
>>
>>71709842
She was actually pregnant when they were filming the season.
>>
Among the best tv shows ever
>>
>>71710125
I don't know man that is some shit they'd pull.

Martha into that kink made her my secondary waifu after Nina

Nina...
>>
>>71710272
Didn't Tatina say offhandedly say to Oleg after the extraction that there was some sort of incident on the plane? It very heavily implied that Martha was killed by the pilot to cover the KGB's tracks.
>>
File: original.gif (3 MB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
3 MB, 500x310
Mail Robot finally got his revenge this season.
>>
File: 1467763595716.gif (938 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
1467763595716.gif
938 KB, 350x200
>>71710416
I swear to god I will go nuclear if true.

I had the biggest stiffy seeing her and "Clarke" doing it.
>>
File: the-americans-4-07-gaad.png (126 KB, 490x246) Image search: [Google]
the-americans-4-07-gaad.png
126 KB, 490x246
Also thank god a show finally portrayed an accurate moment when someone bust through glass.
>>
>>71710822
That scene was like the worst case scenario ever.
>>
>>71710460
Oh shit.
Mail robot was the one who ordered John Boy killed.
>>
File: 12-11-CAR-Joe-Sola.jpg (196 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
12-11-CAR-Joe-Sola.jpg
196 KB, 1800x1200
>>71710978
Still more accurate than 90% of movies/tv shows
>>
>>71709571
America
>>
>>71709182
I actually missed an episode the one when Paige and Elizabeth get robbed. What did I miss from that? I saw the last time on and that was it. Why did they send guys after Gaad?
>>
>>71711430
They tried to recruit Gaad i think they didn't intend to kill him Gaad tried to run but tripped into the glass door
>>
>>71711751
Ahh but why though? He just retired and shit after being shitcanned. Will the Peggy storyline have more payoff next season? That black lady should have stfu else she would be around still.
>>
>>71711847
>someone forced into retirement by their government would never be disillusioned with his government and want to join the other side

Yup, I've never heard of something like that happening before. So strange they thought he might want to team up!
>>
>>71711906

The issue was phil reporting it (gaad being in thailand) and then flubbing the approach. Phil knew it lead to gaad's death.
>>
>>71711906
Gaad should have went nuclear and started his own country.

>Standing
>>
Why would anyone fight for the soviets instead of America especially when we have so any consumer goods and cash in this nation?
>>
>>71712339

Because Phil was already thinking about switching sides from day 1 and if it wasn't for elizabeth they probably would have. True believers don't operate like normal people. Which is why her character arc this season was great, especially feeling how much pressure they're under.
>>
>>71709571

I like the show, in big part because I myself live in a post-Soviet country and also because I generally like spy stories and clandestine stuff.
>>
>>71712288
>On
>>
Worst and second worst season finales ever both belong to this show.
>>
>>71713607
Disagree.
>>
>>71713607

worse than all of homelands finales?
>>
Show did the impossible in finding a great child actor, and having a plot about a child actually be interesting.
>>
>>71709182
shes hot thou
>>
File: keri in waitress.jpg (46 KB, 853x380) Image search: [Google]
keri in waitress.jpg
46 KB, 853x380
>>71717469
She is a great beauty
>>
>>71715945
they also did it with Henry.
>>
File: 1409631849011.jpg (24 KB, 419x387) Image search: [Google]
1409631849011.jpg
24 KB, 419x387
>>71709747

>tfw no 'frumpy' wife into intense frequent sex

You know she's a keeper when she enthusiastically agrees to have one of the most depressing and isolated wedding settings I've ever seen on TV

And now she's... and Nina's... and to a lesser extent Liz's asian friend... FUCKING DROPPED

AND EVEN WITH SHIT RATINGS THEY'RE GETTING ANOTHER 2 SEASONS? FUCK
>>
It was a nice, strangely disturbing moment when Oleg admitted after sex that their weapons are behind american technology

They got the pedophile dad from Happiness to play a character this season lol, what is it with that actor and landing the most depressing roles?
>>
>>71713607

Fuck no.

I was let down with the one young agent who killed his parents out of obsession subplot but there was literally nothing wrong with the other finales other than the fact that they felt like regular episodes
>>
>>71718020
>It was a nice, strangely disturbing moment when Oleg admitted after sex that their weapons are behind american technology

Agreed
>>
i wish William had made it, he was pretty cool.

>>71710416
i really hope you're either mistaken or fucking with us, i want her to have the happiest ending that she can
>>
I was really hoping Pastor Tim's youth group was a second generation illegal grooming program.
>>
This is/was my favourite show. Haven't watched last season but it looks quite good.
Paige is worst girl.
>>
>>71720482
i agreed at a point but she gets better
>>
>the show is called americans
>the main characters aren't actually american
>>
>>71720503

That moment when Liz said with a stunned expression "She was reporting to me"

Also felt bad for Phil when after a nice little scene of him taking her practice driving she starts talking about the family going to some committee event sending off Pasta Tim so he would think they were well-adjusted
>>
>>71720553
Well they're acting as Americans and a lot of the main characters are American.
>>
Any shows you can compare this to? Homeland, 24, Nikita?
>>
>>71722262
it's better than all of those shows.
>>
>>71718094
>I was let down with the one young agent who killed his parents out of obsession

It's funny how they've pretty much retconned that whole "we'll get the illegals to train their children to be practically undetectable illegals to infiltrate the government" arc now
>>
>>71722498
We'll considering how the first one turned out.
>>
File: Deutschland 83.jpg (182 KB, 736x1102) Image search: [Google]
Deutschland 83.jpg
182 KB, 736x1102
>>71722262
>Any shows you can compare this to?
>>
>>71722262

I don't know, there's a lot of shows that have the "family man tries to juggle family life while having adventures involving a big secret" but usually there's the wife to be an obstacle and in The Americans she's every bit as complicit as him, if not moreso.

It's more of a slowburn than the shows you listed

>>71722677

What do you like about it?

Congratulations on your dubs btw, must be so proud
>>
>>71717605
>disgusting mole literally ON her upper lip
>great beauty

How could you even imagine kissing a woman who has a bulbous mole on her fucking lip.

Thats not even taking into account her hungry skeleton body, flat as, no existent tits, and malnourished frizzy hair, which I can only imagine makes her pubes a dried up brittle haystack that snap and crack off every time they come into contact with something.

Living with her would probably be a never ending cycle of sweeping up her brittle pubes that are all over the floor.
>>
>>71723461

Is... is this how homosexuals think?

It's a little scary
>>
>>71723660
No. This is how heterosexual men think.

Thinking skinny, no ass, no tit, frizzy haired chicks with fucking moles on their LIPS are attractive is how guys who are so hard up for sex with a female that they would actually find a chick attractive who had all of the things wrong with her that I just listed.
>>
>>71723854
yeah whatever you say gaylord
>>
>>71723916
Whatever YOU say
'I'll overlook multiple disgusting physical characteristics of a woman to have sex with her because ANY pussy is a victory for me due to the fact that it is so difficult for me to find a woman to fuck".

Some of us are actually able to procure sex from multiple women so we are able to have standards that weed out women who have disgusting features such as giant moles on their LIP and the figure of a 10 year old boy.

Frankly, if you find yourself attracted to Kerri Russell, its very likely that YOU have homosexual tendencies due to the fact that her body resembles a pre-pubescent boy more than it does a woman.
>>
Good but it feels boring now and like it's going nowhere
>>
>>71724259

I don't know what condition this is buddy but I'm glad I don't have it

Maybe you're just heavily drunk
>>
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.