[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't really get it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: cuck draper.jpg (55 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cuck draper.jpg
55 KB, 800x600
So I'm watching Mad Men (really fucking gay show btw, it's boring af) and I guess this Don Draper (regardless of his flaws) is supposed to represent the ultimate alpha male (or at least what a modern man thinks of as "alpha") but really he's just a passive aggressive faggot.

>brb boss hittin' on my wife
>brb bitch to my wife about it instead of confronting my boss because i have no balls
>brb get him drunk and run up a bunch of stairs with him so he throws up hehe that will show him

I just don't get it. The guy is a protypical nu-male. Totally ruins all immersion. In reality, he'd be destroyed in early the late 50's- early 60's macho society.
>>
>DUDE WEEDBOOZETOBACCOCASUALSEX LMAO

Of course the show is about nu-males for nu-males
>>
>>71696951
It's supposed to show how "alpha males" are "dumb faggots" too.
>>
>supposed to represent the ultimate alpha male

not really

>late 50s - early 60s macho society
kek, what the fuck are you on about
>>
File: boo.gif (1 MB, 330x200) Image search: [Google]
boo.gif
1 MB, 330x200
Yeah, that's about the gist of it.

The alpha/beta/omega hierarchy is mostly bullshit and being obsessed with it makes you even worse of a human being.

Embrace nihilism and chill the fuck out.
>>
This is bad bait and you should feel bad
>>
The show was written by women.

I wrote the show off as "muh patriarchy" trash after 6 episodes.

Watch The Sopranos instead.
>>
>>71697004

>grew up in the great depression
>instead of going to college ends up on the front lines in WW2

yeah, you're right, not macho at all. These guys were total pusscakes.

Please faggot, I remember my grandad well enough to remember that he didn't take shit from lil' prissy faggots and he wasn't a passive aggressive little fuckwit. If he had some shit to say to you, he said it and people from his generation that didn't we're derided as pussies.
>>
That's the fucking point. Fuck.
>>
>>71697020

The show is bad bait and you should feel bad for liking it.
>>
>>71696951
>skinny 13 year old faggot normies won't stop posting on your boards
>ever

Just go to reddit kid, go and don't come back
>>
>>71697042
He fought in Korea and he's a deserter.
>>
File: 1384141516785.jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1384141516785.jpg
16 KB, 320x240
>>71696951
>people who look up to Don/think you're 'supposed' to look up to Don when even the first couple of episodes establish him and people like him as hollow, miserable pieces of shit
>>
>>71697046

>the point is that Don is a faggot and everyone are a bunch of weasels that do shit behind each others backs

that's generally called a "soap opera". Guess I was mistaken thinking that the show would be something with a little more substance. I guess I should know better when all the fans of the show are women.
>>
>>71697067

>he fought in Korea

literally the same generation

>he's a deserter

that makes a lot of sense actually, the dude has absolutely no backbone
>>
>>71696951

The whole "point" is that he's an alpha male on the surface but has an entire lifetime of emotional hang-ups and ptsd and family issues and a drinking problem that's bringing him down.
>>
File: b683f7509ec792c3e481ead332940cdc.jpg (374 KB, 1300x1950) Image search: [Google]
b683f7509ec792c3e481ead332940cdc.jpg
374 KB, 1300x1950
>"I don't watch Mad Men," he said. "I think it's basically soap opera, and if I want soap opera, I watch Revenge. That show is crazy, but they have great clothes."

kek MM fanbois BTFO
>>
>>71697149

>the whole point is that he's a faggot that can't handle any amount of responsibility

yes, we've established that. So why am I watching it?
>>
>>71697161
>caring for the opinions of this permapleb
ISHYGGIDY
>>
>>71697027
>he thinks Sopranos is le mra propaganda

Spoiler alert retard it's a feminist show
>>
>>71696951
Draper is just like the ads he makes. Pretty face and a looming void behind it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.