[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CW just signed a deal to basically cut Hulu out of all distribution/streaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 446.jpg (229 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
446.jpg
229 KB, 1600x600
CW just signed a deal to basically cut Hulu out of all distribution/streaming of CW shows and giving it all to Netflix.

Is Hulu now a dead platform? Literally nothing else streams on it besides dated shit Netflix has and Fox shows.

And before you say Hulu wasn't gaining much - you're wrong. CW had the largest presence on Hulu and like 3 of its shows are the only ones among about 9 shows that maintained a rating increase with The 100 topping the list.
>>
>>71676639
Every network and channel now uploads episodes for their shows on their own websites. Hulu is now just redundant today. I'm surprised CW even had anything with Hulu still since its free to watch new episodes of shows the day after they air on their site for awhile now.
>>
>>71676782

The problem is that most people want a centralized format.

They don't want to hunt around cw.com or cbs.com to watch shows (where they will also most likely have ad breaks).

They want to open the Netflix/Hulu app on their TV or tablet and just start watching.
>>
Bummer. I always watch CW shows the next day on hulu. Between this and Criterion pulling out I might not bother with hulu much longer.
>>
Reminder this upcoming September Disney will have all their shit in Netflix.
>>
>>71676639
Fuck CW, it's been shit from the beginning. Only good show they ever had was Supernatural and it has long since jumped the shark.

Also Hulu has tons of shit that you won't find on Netflix or Amazon Prime, so I won't be jumping ship anytime soon
>>
>>71677201
>supernatural
>good
>>
>>71676639
It's like these retarded companies want to push people to pirating again.
>>
who uses Hulu?
>>
>>71677474
Retards.
>>
>>71676639
Hulu used to be my absolute favorite streaming service ever since the streaming service meme became a thing. But with this happening, Criterion leaving, and their anime collection dwindling I don't know how they can recover.
>>
I read that is Hulu is making a Warriors (the movie for the 70's) TV show with the Russo brothers.

Could be awesome.
>>
>>71677201
>fuck CW
>Hulu is better anyways

Wew lad
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.