[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>budget: $2 million Fucking how? It had tons of vehicles being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
>budget: $2 million
Fucking how? It had tons of vehicles being destroyed, a building getting demolished, constant set changes and dozens of people being gruesomely maimed, 50 Sharlto Copleys on screen at the same time
>>
>>71670483
no recognizable actors that's how
>>
No big actors, the thing was filmed on like GoPros or something and there wasn't any real lighting or complicated equipment necessary. They basically hired a bunch of stuntmen and strapped cameras onto them.
>>
Most of the big budgets goes on paying the stars. Destroying a vehicle costs jack shit.
>>
It was made in Russia so they didn't have to worry about safety regulations or anything

Sharlto Copley said he nearly killed one of the stunt men
>>
>>71670540
>>71670582
Cloverfield was filmed on GoPros and had no recognizable actors and that cost $25 million.
>>
It was filmed in some godforsaken Slavic hellhole and populated with godforsaken Slavs.
>>
>>71670664
It wasn't on GoPros, it was also in New York and had a big CGI monster
>>
>>71670664

It was shot with one of Sony's cameras actually. It also had a lot of expensive CGI, was shot in New York and had an expensive media campaign for it.
>>
no hollywood producers
>>
>>71670852
Media campaign is never counted in budget btw
>>
File: REMAIN_CALM.png (319 KB, 583x608) Image search: [Google]
REMAIN_CALM.png
319 KB, 583x608
>>71670664
10 million went to viral marketing and another 10 to the like director. Rest was on movie. Fuck Jews.
>>
>>71670483
>Slavs have safety standards

Oh I'm laffin
>>
Slav magic m8
>>
>>71670483
Hollywood doesn't know how to do budgets.

>Kevin Conran disputed this budget figure in a 2015 interview. “I take great issue with that [budget figure] personally and I’d like someone to show me where all that money went,” says Kevin. “I don’t support those numbers and I never have. We walked into Jon Avnet’s office that first day and he said, ‘What do you want for the production?’ and we said $3 million. We could have done a version of this film for $3 million. It would have been black-and-white and sans name actors…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Captain_and_the_World_of_Tomorrow
>>
>>71670897

Ah, that's a good point. There's probably some other stuff in there too that I don't know about that contributes to it being expensive.
>>
File: Grimsby.webm (3 MB, 1000x416) Image search: [Google]
Grimsby.webm
3 MB, 1000x416
>>71670483
How come a sacha baron cohen comedy flick has better fps-scenes?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.