[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck did i just watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: inland-empire.30692.jpg (212 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
inland-empire.30692.jpg
212 KB, 1000x1500
what the fuck did i just watch
>>
File: pleb filter.jpg (92 KB, 1263x763) Image search: [Google]
pleb filter.jpg
92 KB, 1263x763
>>71669477

it was a test.

you didnt pass.
>>
Can someone explain the significance of the girl watching the events all along? The one in the beginning/end who kisses Laura Dern and then embraces her husband and son?
>>
Transcendental meditation, or something
>>
>>71669577

http://xixax.com/halfborn/

good luck.
>>
>>71669477
A giant piece of shit
>>
>>71669477
A great original movie
>>
>>71669477

Lynch testing out his new digital HD camera after a grueling 36 hour long yoga session.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>71669477
>>71669833
Dubs confirm
>>
>>71669477
Lynch's best film.
>>
>>71669477
While I do enjoy surrealism I kinda find the pacing of most Lynch movies (minus Blue Velvet) too damn slow. Lots of sitting and silence with little to nothing happening. It helps with the atmosphere, but it's also hard to watch and I find myself distracted by my mobile and end up not watching the movie... Jacob's Ladder incorporated surrealism and managed to create an uneasy atmosphere without being so slow.

Just so you know, the rabbit scene at the beginning is actually a separate Lynch work titled "Rabbits". The lines they say make sense but are not in the correct order, when the lines are put in the right order it's about a murder I believe, but I can't remember now.
>>
>>71669477
My take on Inland Empire is that Lynch had a bunch of ideas for films like the Rabbits and the hypnotist one but had to put them on the backburner. So he rehashs some of the themes and plot from MD to form a sort of narrative frame to contain them in. I've never liked this one and I view it as an unfinished piece of work. Lynch seemed rushed and was improving things on the fly with this one. Which is a shame if you've seen BV, LH etc etc and stumble upon this one. I also think Lynch is taking shots across the bow at other filmmakers like Werner Herzog and Guy Maddin but Lynch would never admit to that because he is in his own auteur world.
>>
is it lynch's best film?
absolutely not.

is it lynch's greatest work, as a piece of experimental art?
absolutely.
>>
check 'em
>>
>>71670640
This is my view as well. He's definitely made better movies, but nobody else has made anything like inland empire
>>
>>71669759
Interesting read, thanks.
White letters on a black background is a terrible idea, though. Makes it a bit of a chore for the eyes.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.