[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest question, what the fuck was his motivation? I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 3741871-6470141028-IM-WI.jpg (1010 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3741871-6470141028-IM-WI.jpg
1010 KB, 1920x1080
Honest question, what the fuck was his motivation? I feel like people have this rose colored fondness for Raimi's Spider-Man, but all told it wasn't very good. It's just a series of things happening for no particular reason.

You have Spider-Man, who doesn't start fighting crime until 40 minutes into the movie, and when he does we never really know why. Of course we as an audience know it's because he feels guilty about Uncle Ben, but he never really demonstrates that guilt and the film doesn't do a terribly good job at communicating it.

Then you have the Green Goblin who goes crazy after taking the super soldier serum and then starts wreaking havoc for no reason. That in itself would be fine, but then he starts soliloquizing about getting Spider-Man to join him, but we're never really told what he's joining him in. Being generally crazy, I guess? Then he starts telling Spider-Man that eventually people will start hating him for doing the right thing, but that doesn't come off as the ramblings of a crazy person. The whole thing has this very Palpatine seducing Vader feel, but Palpatine actually had a goal. It's just weird because it feels like he's working toward some specific end but we're never told what that end is.
>>
Watch it again and pay attention.
>>
>>71659357
they had to go back to formula jesus christ raimi
>>
>>71660043
BACK TO FORMULA?
>>
>>71660147
OUT, AM I?!
>>
The truth is that there has never been a good capeshit movie. The praise for films like Raimi Spider-Man and X-2 literally just boils down to "you watched it when you were 12 and had no standards and now it is instrinsically tied to "le based comfy times" in your reddit sensibility mind".
>>
>>71660147
>BACK TO FORMULA? I'LL TAKE YOU BACK TO AUSCHWITZ, KIKE!
Raimi went too far in a few places
>>
>>71660191
blade still holds up, dredd and iron man 1 are good
>>
>>71659357
Actually watch the movie. Everyone's motivations are crystal fucking clear.

Wew lad
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>71660194
Arguably he went just far enough in the right places, it was a different time remember

>Come here. Parker, what do you know about high society?
>Oh... well, I...
>Don't answer that. My society photographer got hit in the head by a polo ball. You're all I got. Big party tonight for an American hero, my wife's son the astronaut.
>Could you pay me in advance?
>[Jameson laughs hysterically for a few seconds]
>You serious? You don't think I see what you're trying to do here, Parker? You think I'm gonna sit here and smile while some fucking kike tries to fuck my mother? It's never gonna happen Parker, fucking forget it, not on my watch, not while I'm in this building. I will fucking cut your Shylock nose off and stick it up your ass before I let that happen. Coming in here and poisoning my workplace with your Jewish, nigger-loving, hippie bullshit. Fuck you! Fuck you! Yeah, walk out, asshole, fucking Kabbalah reading motherfucker. Get the fuck out of my office
>>
>>71660208
>blade still holds up
Blade is fucking terrible unless you never grew out of your edgy 13 year old mindset.
>>
>>71660191
spiderman 1 was critically lauded earning perfect 10's everywhere.

it was only when disney shills started posting their reviews to the internet that the scores started slipping, however back then their grip on the industry wasn't as strong so the slide wasn't as drastic
>>
>>71660237
>that scene where he calls Parker "a hook nosed oven dodger" and then throws a glass at the black guy that walks in

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71659357
The Rami Spiderman flicks are garbage.
>>
>>71660280
>spiderman 1 was critically lauded earning perfect 10's everywhere.
And they were wrong. I enjoyed it by the time but at least I had the excuse of being 10. Any adult who gave a pass to this movie shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near film criticism.

The millennial fanboy cancer had already taken grip within the critical community at that point.
>>
>>71660322
So truthful I knew it was dubs before I looked.
>>
You're the one who's out gobby, out of your mind.
>>
>>71660359
uh oh everyone, looks like THIS guy disagrees with critics!
>>
>>71660191
Darkman is OK, The Tim Burton and Nolan Batman movies are good in places (The Adam West one is amazing, for different reasons), Dredd is pretty good and would've been more appreciated if it hadn't been for The Raid, for sure. The first X-men movie was kind of OK.
>>
Back in the 00's we didn't care if Superhero movies made sense as long as they were fun.
Spiderman was the first of its kind so it got a lot of free passes.

Dr Octopus from the sequel has no real motive either and people still loved that movie last I checked. But since /tv/ hates all superhero movies now because they're seen as cool that's probably changed too.
>>
>>71660440
The critics are pawns of the jew used to encourage infantilization in white males. At first they were just paid shills made to direct white audiences towards content that would give them autism, but now a few decades down the line that original generation of autistic kids have all grown up and now make up most of the critical community. They don't even need to pay critics to praise capeshit anymore because the the autism they gave those same critics in their childhoods.
>>
>>71660523
You need to get out more, and possibly read a couple of books.
>>
>>71660577
>You need to get out more
The fight for the future is a digital one.
>>
>>71660523
capeshit has become prevalent due to the rise of chemicals present in our food and various other injection methods utilised by governmental agencies (official or not) it has nothing to do with media or jewish people the fact is that our entire developmental and cognitive abilities are being manipulated from a very early age there may be some elements of media that young males are more susceptible to due to a more malleable psychological makeup but more studies would indicate that what we are surrounded by in terms of screen content is less likely to effect someone than actual physiological changes will
>>
>>71660516
>Dr Octopus from the sequel has no real motive either and people still loved that movie last I checked.
And he sucked too. Even as a teenager I recognized those were terrible villains, so it amazes me that people still defend this shit in their 20's and 30's.
>>
>>71660416
>You're the one who's out, cock-gobbler, out of your goddamn mind.

Say what you want about Raimi's Spider-Man, the dialogue really packed a punch.
>>
File: rent.jpg (41 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
rent.jpg
41 KB, 600x300
>>71659357

>You want door fix, Man of Spiders? Yes, I know these things you do, I learn how to find many secrets in old country. You will not pay rent? This is fair. We will take rent in other ways. When I was in old country, in Bosnia, my friends and I... we do things to women. Terrible things, make them ugly women who will never be loved. Your friends, redhead girl and science girl... they will beg me to stop, as my men and I rain alternating blows of ejaculateing and fists upon them. And when they are broken, Man of Spiders, when they are nothing more than shells... you will know the rent is paid.

>For this month
>>
File: 1870_1_HJ-galeri.jpg (390 KB, 976x644) Image search: [Google]
1870_1_HJ-galeri.jpg
390 KB, 976x644
>>71660191
Technically there have been loads of good capeshit films. If you're comparing it to the source material they are better realised than half the dreck that is printed. Also compare them to the average film, they're usually more watchable. Predictable to a fault and get boring after the first hour when they lose all sense of individuality. But probably fall on the good side of films made.
>>
You're out of your mind, Gobby! Out, out, out!
>>
>>71661206
>Technically there have been loads of good capeshit films
Not even one. The fact you posted X-Men meme man in a post about the merits of capeshit lets me know not to take you seriously. Even the best X-Men film is around a 3/10 by real standards and several of them are a flat 1/10.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.