[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>puts oil in pasta water I thought this guy was supposed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 1465101157341.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465101157341.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>puts oil in pasta water
I thought this guy was supposed to be a good chef.
>>
>gets beaten in a cooking contest by Captain Slow
>great chef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTOfhQ_SZEg
>>
Whats wrong with alittle olive oil in da pasta?
I do dat sometimes.
>>
Guy Fieri>Gordon Ramsay
>>
>>71654748

Stops the water from boiling over.

Even a neet like you must have cooked pasta before in your life.
>>
>>71654748
I wish his stuff was more about actual cooking instead of just yelling at people.
>>
>>71654748
#1 it stops the pasta from boiling over

#2 it slightly greases the pasta when you put it in and take it out so it sticks less. (you should NEVER rinse your pasta.)
>>
>>71655189
It adds no flavor and prevents sauce from sticking to the pasta. Only thing you should put in the pot is salt.
>>
>>71655459
Only a shit chef would let his pasta boil over
>>
File: 1003.jpg (27 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
1003.jpg
27 KB, 650x366
Ramsey is pleb tier, search for Marco Pierre White on Youtube. He's the superior grumpy English chef
>>
>>71655471
It's his thing though, his cooking isn't actually all that great compared to other so called elite chefs.
>>
>>71654748
oil goes on the pasta when you drain it, good for taste and they dont stick as bad.
never rinse your pasta fools. And btw. Ramsays technique is unbelievable good from a chefs point of view. you never have never been in a professional kitchen.
>>
>>71655523
Oh he's the superior chef is he? Has he also multiple shows on television?
If not then you can just get out.
GET OUT
>>
>>71655549
Why is he even anything then? I watched almost every episode of Hotel Hell and Kitchen Nightmares on youtube and after that I still can't tell what's supposed to be good food and what's supposed to be bad food (apart from "don't let it fall on the floor and put it back in the pan" and "don't reheat frozen shit", seriously, that's all).

I think that's a major failure of a show that's supposed to be even partially about food.
>>
>>71655594
go to bed gordon
>>
>>71655459
That's what salt is for
>>
>>71655482
>(you should NEVER rinse your pasta.)

why ?
>>
>>71656484

salt lowers the boiling point of water, increasing the likelihood of it boiling over

>>71655494

it adds virgin olive oil flavour, you clearly don't know anything about cooking
>>
oil in pasta water is kind of unnecessary, but I can understand why it is done.

how I cook pasta:

half pound at a time, 3 quarts of water in 5 quart dutch oven, 2 teaspoons of sea salt (it gives a nice smell while boiling)

don't break apart pasta, don't rinse, always heat sauce to simmer for at least 2 minutes regardless of type, add cheese to sauce while it is cooking if you want it, add olive oil and balsamic vinegar to any tomato based sauces store bought or homemade
>>
File: 1466452931073.png (573 KB, 621x672) Image search: [Google]
1466452931073.png
573 KB, 621x672
I don't watch his shows for the cooking.
>>
>>71655597
It's an american show. Of course it's not about cooking.
Cooking is just the scenery to drama.
>>
pasta in water
cook
bam out the pot drain
bam into the sauce no stick
>>
>>71654748

This is old (kek) pasta but, even still, I'll explain.

Even if he doesn't understand WHY he's putting the oil in the water, it's still sound cooking practice. The oil breaks the surface tension of the water, thus preventing a boilover when cooking at high temperatures.

Now go away.
>>
>>71657787
Thanks
>>
ITT: People from 4chan claim to be better cooks than a michelin star chef
>>
>not boiling your pasta in oil

thats where all the flavor is
>>
>Look

>LOOK

>L O O K
>>
>>71655523
He occasionally shows up on shitty Australian shows to be a budget Ramsay
>>
>>71657847
>Not deep frying your pasta
>>
>>71654748
Stops pasta clumping.
>>
>>71655494
>>71657907

No.

>>71656484

You're literally the dumbest person in here. That's saying a lot.

See >>71657787
>>
File: 401903.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
401903.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
If you need oil to stop your pasta from boiling over you need to question your ability to cook.

>>71657330
It's best to put your pasta straight from the starchy water into your sauce so it sticks better (your pasta will get a nice coating of sauce). If you keep them separated and mix them up later it might be better to oil that shit up so you won't end up with a single clump of penne.

>>71657421
Except salt increases the boiling point ya dingus.
>>
File: Huey Freeman.jpg (80 KB, 861x1080) Image search: [Google]
Huey Freeman.jpg
80 KB, 861x1080
>>71654748
>mfw plebs in this thread think they know more about cooking than Ramsay
>>
>>71658145
And can't agree on salt raising or lowering the boiling point - blind leading the fucking blind
>>
alton brown is against oil in pasta water so suck it nerds
>>
>>71655523
I remember when he said he "didn't make Gordon cry, Gordon chose to cry". What a legend.
>>
How real is kitchen nightmare? Ramsay is a magic genius on this show. Fixes families, marriages, confronts the hotheads, brings the fire out of the pussies, cures the chefs erectile dysfunction, plays catch with the managers neglected son, plugs the ozone layer. I dont care how much of it is real I just wanna know how they manage to get this footage if its even slightly legit
>>
>>71655523
Marco was a great chef, now he's a wreck of a man who repeats "I use Knorr aromat instead of salt, i've been doing it for years" ad nauseum.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.