[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sunshine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
>fucking amazing movie
>totally enthralled
>suddenly b-movie horror crap almost to the end
>just barely saved by the last few minutes returning to form

This movie would be a masterpiece, worthy of halls of fame and longevity in human memory, if they'd just axed that scooby doo monster mash garbage. Literally just chop that bit out and it's a classic.
>>
fuck you, now I gotta go watch capa's jump again
>>
>>71651291
agreed.

can anybody justify that slasher/horror crap? like, an explanation for why it was necessary and is actually good?
>>
>>71651499
My only thought was that maybe they were worried viewers would get bored, so they put in a monster to add tension.
>>
>>71651499
Man was never ment to stare at the sun
>>
>>71651291
The entire point of the movie was that the first ship didn't make it

gb2leddit
>>
>>71651822
There's no reason whatsoever for there to still be a living crew member horror thing. It would have been perfectly good with the ship being completely dead and the decay of the ship's airlock to cause the rupture instead of monster mash.
>>
>>71651291
literally just put the soundtrack on right before i saw this thread.
>>
>>71651291
It's a human nature peice. Tampering with the most primal and powerful forces of nature is enough to drive a person insane. You can see the psych officer starting to obsess with the sun as the movie progresses and even peeling his skin at parts as though he's been staring at the sun too much. If not for all the crazy distractions it's possible the crew in the movie could have suffered the same fate as the first crew. Remember it's an 8-year journey and solitude can have adverse effects on people, especially the literal isolation of being on a ship barreling towards the sun. Imagine if you and six people you are close with were making this journey: would you all stay %100 on mission? Could you imagine some of the people you know might stay wildly in though? /tv/s autistic obsession with logic and everyone doing the %100 right thing all the time is insufferable.

Learn subtext
>>
>>71651291
Well what were they going to do? Sit back and relax until they blew themselves up and "restart" the sun?
>>
>>71651499

It turns the cold pragmatism vs spirituality debate from allegorical to physical. The whole movie is about how each of these characters break down or revert to when dealing with such a crippling mission, and Pinbacker's religious madness compliments the rest of the Icarus crew and how they all fall into the spectrum of the story.

I love the third act.
>>
>>71652314
Could have done a bunch of "worst case scenario" situations that required cleverness, courage, and sacrifice to overcome, instead of the slasher monster and the crew making the same dumb mistakes as every other slasher cast.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.