[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the digger from the 3rd Matrix film a phallic symbol? when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Was the digger from the 3rd Matrix film a phallic symbol?

when you think about it, it buried into the dock (the womb) of Zion and ejaculated millions of sentinels into it, that sounds pretty phallic to me

was the demonisation of the machines and the symbology used another Hollywood attempt to display the masculine as negative?
>>
bump for discussion

I am 14 and not very smart
>>
>>71649969
>a phallic symbol
>69
>>
>>71649969
absolutely
>>
>>71651296
>stupid post
>a retarded faggot
>>
>>71650709
Reported
>>
>>71649969
Looks more like a virus to me.
I guess it could be a virus with a dick.
>>
That's a very surface-level reading but broadly speaking, yes, it would be appropriate to view the digger as a metaphor for patriarchal technologist supremacism.
>>
It was a trap!
>>
>>71651351
Easy boy.
>>
>>71649969

Aside from OP's post being nonsense that was a really cool sequence and it's unfortunate that it was in such a bad movie. 100 or so mechs with machine guns fighting against thousands of horrifying squid robots is one of those things that you would never have thought would make its way into the big screen, but there it was. Also Mifune's death scene was some major feels.

Again shame about the rest of the movie.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.