[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: p23075_p_v8_aa.jpg (707 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p23075_p_v8_aa.jpg
707 KB, 960x1440
Is this any good?
>>
>>71643105
its fine
>>
I like it but Tilda Swinton gives me nightmares so I've only seen it once
>>
>>71643105
Are you the cat who made the thread asking for beach movies?
>>
I liked it
>>
great and great ost. Goes a bit off the rails towards the end though
>>
It's alright.
>>
Why is this so critically reviled? I thought it was good.
>>
It's pretty good but the whole movie is soured by the fact Danny Boyle and Ewen MacGregor fell out over this movie since Ewen was supposed to be cast as the lead but Leo somehow wormed his way in instead.

It would have been better with Ewen as well, which makes it even worse.
>>
>>71643105
It's not that great.

The book was really something to read, and the movie took only the core theme of a semi-dangerous secret-beach and left out a lot of what made it feel real.

And they left out the end of the book where all the inhabitants slow-stab the shit out of him in a drug-induced stupor.
>>
>>71643268
Now knowing this

This
>>
I liked it.
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>71643105
everyone hates this movie but its in my top 5. love it
>>
>>71643105
Grrreeaaaattt
>>
File: no.png (205 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
no.png
205 KB, 501x445
>that video game part
>>
I used to love it, but just watched it again the other night for the first time in years and it really doesn't hold up.

The scenery/locations are all eye candy, and there's some decent acting - Leo not included - but I feel like the director just didn't really understand the story and got the tone completely wrong.
>>
>>71643268

It would have made much more sense for the MC to be British rather than American.
>>
>>71643105
Yeah, it's pretty good.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.