[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this. What did you think of it? Should I like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: inherent-vice-us-poster.jpg (393 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
inherent-vice-us-poster.jpg
393 KB, 1382x2048
Just finished this. What did you think of it? Should I like it?
>>
>>71634093
Do you really need our help to know if you like it or not? Why don't you describe what you liked or didn't.
>>
File: images-212.jpg (6 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
images-212.jpg
6 KB, 320x240
>>71634093
I love it.
Now go away little hippie.
>>
>>71634093
Same. Saw it yesterday, but I need to know if you guys liked it or not
>>
>>71634198
>Do you really need our help to know if you like it or not?
I don't really know if I should tell my friends I liked it. I wouldn't want them to think I liked if it's not a good movie.
>>
>>71634383
I was attempting to get your opinion on the movie because I was considering watching it too.
>>
>>71634093
What speed did you watch it at, OP? I usually watch films at 2.5x for maximum marathoning efficiency.
>>
>>71634523
I think I liked it, and maybe you should watch it. But I need someone to confirm.

>>71634583
At normal speed, mate.
>>
File: 1466566753431.png (202 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1466566753431.png
202 KB, 600x700
>>71634790
>normal speed
Jesus Christ, are you some sort of superhuman? How did you pull that one off?
>>
I've watched it yesterday too, I didn't like it much. What's the appeal?
>>
>>71634093
Its great. /tv/ loves it.
>>
>>71636538
Its awful. /tv/ hates it.
>>
>>71634093
>What did you think of it? Should I like it?
/tv/ summed up
>>
Everyone in this thread should be embarassed , including me. Also Inherent Vice was bad , enjoy your new opinion
>>
File: 1465707153265.png (244 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1465707153265.png
244 KB, 480x368
You would only like it if you read the book, and even thats stretching it, because if you read the book then you could imagine how much better the movie could be. The vegas arc is removed, despite one of the characters, puck beaverton, showing up at the near-climax of the film. Pheonix's character even says "hiya puck" despite the two never meeting onscreen.
The desert homes arc is cut short, we don't see what Wolfmann was building or what became of it, we don't see what his dream became thanks to the efforts of the golden fang. Since the housing project was integral to the conflict it feels strange leaving it unresolved like that.
The movie is o.k. , but without prior knowledge from the book you might feel like you didn't get some things that were there, which there weren't, but it's going to feel like a waste of time.
>>
>>71637040
no u
I still love it
>>
You like it. We the collective enjoy it. I happen to love it.

When asked about it, say it's PTA's most underrated work.
>>
i like the hippie noir detective vibe
FUCKIN MANSON AGAIN?
>>
>>71634093
I don't mind it.
>>
the horrible narrator keeps it from being true kino

what the fuck was pta thinking?
>>
>>71637673
Alright. Thanks.
>>
I didn't enjoy it, but I did appreciate how it felt like I was watching a film that was actually filmed in the 70s, not just set in 70s, but actually filmed there. Unfortunately, I don't really enjoy that films from that era.
>>
>>71634093
The scene with Belladonna alone sold it for me. Oh, and need I mention the couch scene. 10/10.
>>
It bombed at the box office so I said I love it but now more and more people say they love it so I have started to say it's hipster garbage. Still haven't watched it btw.
>>
>>71634093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK8__x6ZK2Q
>>
I loved it more the third watching

It's a grower
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.