[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not even memeing, even though I see this film meme'd on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: blackhat-promo-poster.png (898 KB, 1100x677) Image search: [Google]
blackhat-promo-poster.png
898 KB, 1100x677
Not even memeing, even though I see this film meme'd on here all the time

Saw this for the first time last night, and I actually enjoyed it. It's not as good as other Mann films, but I still enjoyed it.

One thing I hated was the large number of scenes that felt like they were shot from a mobile phone.

Why was their hate for this film?
>>
Alright guess this is a worn out topic and I just missed out.

Anyways, it's on HBO GO now in case you haven't seen it and have access to that
>>
File: 1464207637803.jpg (1 MB, 1676x2463) Image search: [Google]
1464207637803.jpg
1 MB, 1676x2463
it's a pleb filter
>>
It's not like other Mann films in that it has a happy ending.

Probably because Chad Hemsworth is the protagonist
>>
>>71633514
I mean I'm not nearly stupid enough to think it's great tier and definitely not kino. I just think it's enjoyable enough
>>
File: Chris.jpg (145 KB, 550x233) Image search: [Google]
Chris.jpg
145 KB, 550x233
>>71633196
You're the guy who was gonna watch it after seeing a positive thread for it yesterday? Well, I'm shocked you actually enjoyed it. Usually people shit on this movie because it's atypical. The action is used sparingly, but it's super effective.
>>
>>71633196
There's so much wrong with this movie but I enjoyed it thoroughly. The atmosphere in Mann's movies often wash over me, I feel like I'm achieving a dream state when watching them and Blackhat is no exception.

I hope they release the directors cut soon.
>>
The scene where they enter the reactor is beautiful. It got stuck in my mind, also the final confrontation in the crowd.
>>
>>71634124
I loved the scene where Viola Davis and the other FBI guy died. That was top of the line action.

I guess I really love the realism that Mann brings to action.
>>
File: 1460623792773.jpg (39 KB, 634x471) Image search: [Google]
1460623792773.jpg
39 KB, 634x471
>>71634046
>>71634124
>>71634823
>tfw life will NEVER E V E R be a Michael Mann movie
>ywn be a cool handsome loner figure who's really good at one specific thing who gets a female love interest out of almost nowhere

>ywn touch the GREAT ASS Pacino talked about in Heat
>>
File: 1466896080749.jpg (3 MB, 3200x4136) Image search: [Google]
1466896080749.jpg
3 MB, 3200x4136
It's gotten ridiculous how often masculine leads get thrashed.
Marvel is cancer but I didn't have any problem with Hemsworth's performance.
>>
>>71633514
Enter the Void is not kino. Have some self respect. Jesus anon!
>>
>>71635093
A strong masculine lead (or leads) are part of a common theme in Manns kinematografic work

Sam Hyde is a perfect example of nu males who think they're masculine, btw (he even admits as much in his videos).
>>
>>71635093
Hemsworth was in his element in this. I never considered him much of a thespian but this was a good movie because of how Mann used him.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.