[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is marathoning this today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: john-adams-miniseries.jpg (62 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
john-adams-miniseries.jpg
62 KB, 435x580
Who else is marathoning this today?
>>
Why does Stephen Dillane only play autists?
>>
wtf i hate thomas jefferson now!
>>
When i was a kid my mom got me the sword that was his prop before she sold it to pay for her divorce.
She got it for free because my school was gonna auction off the sword with an autographed copy of the book but the cunt refused to sign it.
>>
This was a weird one. I grabbed it from a hole in the wall shit store years ago on a whim.

The blatant, >muh slavery >muh stronk wyman propaganda jammed in there was creepy. I didn't even 4chan back then, and I noticed it.
>>
>>71631631
But that was more or less true.

Pretty much every state north of Virginia was against slavery, but nothing happened because they had to stick with it to keep the fragile union together. Madison and Hamilton, the principal architects of the Constitution, were vehement opponents of slavery.

As for the stronk womyn shtick, again, that was more or less true. The Founders were extraordinary, but so were their wives when you compare them to how women were treated back then.
>>
>>71630650

Thomas Jefferson was an extremist but stood by what he believed.

Also as he grow older and later when he became president he mellowed out some compared to his youth and did govern a bit against he beliefs for the sake of the union.

Jefferson if you study him is an interesting guy.
>>
>>71631631
t. a retard
>>
File: 1460905926916.png (60 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
1460905926916.png
60 KB, 500x407
>>71629429
Bigger question:
Why do I always like these autists so much?
What does it mean?
>>
>>71631631

About the "strong woman" thing. They were only strong smart woman cause these men were smart an alpha enough to want to marry a strong smart woman instead of a dumb and weak person who would be boring.

Also even though woman could be strong and smart the men were the unquestioned masters of the house so it didn't matter a ton.
>>
Thomas Jefferson did nothing wrong
>>
>Your face when you realize the country is now closer to Hamilton's model who everyone hated.

Hamilton got a bad rap in some ways in this. He had good ideas but was not a good person and his good ideas made more sense later down the line. A centralized government is better than decentralized but you need have fast communication to make it work for a country that size and they didn't have it then
>>
>>71629387
>mfw they try to convince me that the ethical pragmatist statesman is the true doctrine of the people of the united states

> and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. I am convinced that those societies (as the Indians) which live without government enjoy in their general mass an infinitely greater degree of happiness than those who live under European governments.

Statists must be abolished. Praise vox populi
>>
>>71633873
Literally the Lyndon Johnson of the first republic. We're lucky he didn't fuck everything up and leave North America a savage wasteland of Caudillos and failed nations like the rest of the new world.
>>
>>71629387
literal shit film full of inaccuracies and intentional fake events

that tar and feather scene being the most glaring
>AMERICANS ARE JUST AS BAD SEE!!!
>>
>>71629387
Where can I download it from a direct link? I can't use torrents here.
>>
>>71634086
>literal shit film full of inaccuracies and intentional fake events
why don't you give us some specifics?
>that tar and feather scene being the most glaring
>AMERICANS ARE JUST AS BAD SEE!!!
Are you implying this wasn't wholly commonplace?
>>
>>71634086
Why can't you all understand that the savagery of the bass masses demands a regimental order be imposed by an junta of aristocratic men disgruntled by their lack of popularity and persuasive power over philosophically enlightened peers?

Thomas CHAD!!! Jefferson was a fucking credulous NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71629387

I saw this when it first came out. I thought it was good. That scene with George V was real good
>>
>>71634551
Thomas Jefferson was a genuine autist that would have certainly been a regular on 1770's /pol/ even down to the bizarre fetish for ethnic women.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.