[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: filmcore.png (3 MB, 1350x2700) Image search: [Google]
filmcore.png
3 MB, 1350x2700
Thoughts?
>>
Have not watched a single one of those films, will definitely do so though. Thanks anon.
>>
ZINGA
>>
>>71618435
yw
>>
>Tsai's final film, where you have to have seen the others
>Marker's worst
>>
>>71618508

What's the most timeless film out all of these for you personally? Which one can you always come back to and enjoy watching all the way through every time?
>>
>>71618547
>Tsai's final film
not his final film
>where you have to have seen the others
no you don't
>Marker's worst
ok you just have shit taste lol

>>71618566
hmm walden i guess
>>
>>71618591
his final feature. And having seen the rest of his films or even some of them greatly enhances the emotional payoff
>>
>>71618618
>his final feature
no it isn't.......
>>
>>71618625
... yes it is
>>
>>71618701
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tsai+ming+liang+latest+film
>>
>>71618730
check again - the director
>>
>>71618816
Wow, I have to hold your hand even more
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4914552/
>>
>>71618845

Man if you want to be pedantic, Afternoon is fun but it's clearly not a narrative film like Stray Dogs
>>
>>71618941
you said film, then feature film, now fictional feature film? Lmao gtfo
>>
>>71618410

Only seen three from the list.

>La chinoise
Godard is not my cup of tea. I found this a bit boring.
>Vampyr
This is great. Very surreal and striking to this day.
A Visitor to a Museum
This is some first grade top 10 material and one of my personal favorites. I cannot recommend this enough - guaranteed to appeal to both genre and arthouse fans
>>
>>71618960
>understanding context
>>
>>71619083
the context doesn't even masks sense. you shouldn't rec stray dogs because it might be his last feature length fictional film? what?
>>
>>71619118
exactly. It's a terrible introduction to his work
>>
>>71619250
...because it happens to be his last feature length fiction film?
>>
File: zippywater.jpg (47 KB, 825x540) Image search: [Google]
zippywater.jpg
47 KB, 825x540
Godard unironically
>>
>>71619277
go back go imdb
>>
>>71619271
because it's a culmination of everything he's before. Watching it you can tell it's clearly a 'final film'
>>
>>71619344
>because it's a culmination of everything he's before
How?
>>
>>71619356
The pacing, themes, grief and character of Lee Kang-Sheng, the exaggerated extended two final scenes.

It has that vibe of a last work (which Face definitely does not, for instance). I really don't think it's the best introduction to his work.
>>
>>71619439
Those make the tone of the film much more somber but there's nothing contextually that requires having seen tsai's other films. there was no conscious effort by tsai to reference his past works. the reason for his maybe-retirement is that he's "tired" and that is what is communicated in the film and that is something that does not need to be communicated by watching his past films.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.