[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Jesse has any regrets about his portrayal of Lex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9
File: Lex.jpg (656 KB, 1900x2396) Image search: [Google]
Lex.jpg
656 KB, 1900x2396
Do you think Jesse has any regrets about his portrayal of Lex?
>>
I don't think he's a serious actor to begin with and would not for a second consider if his portrayal of a character was good or not.
>>
>>71617670
This.

He can only portray "le quirky jew" roles
>>
>>71617618
He doesn't watch his own movies, or read critics probably. So I doubt he cares what anyone thinks about his portrayal. Apparently he really enjoyed playing the part and will be back for Justice League.
>>
>>71617618
He's supposed to be happy, so why do his eyes remain the same in each frame? It's like he's paralyzed from the nose up.
>>
I hope he knows he's shit.
>>
>>71617618
Why would he know who Clark Kent is when all he does is write the college sports columns in another city's irrelevant newspaper
>>
>>71618027
>actors that don't watch their own films

Then what do they do at premieres?
>>
>>71618300
Smile wave, as people enter. Then go home to watch HBO.
>>
>>71618149
Can only do so much when the script's big climax for your character is an inside joke about pee pee.
>>
File: Night Moves.jpg (273 KB, 1031x1500) Image search: [Google]
Night Moves.jpg
273 KB, 1031x1500
>>71617670
>>71617760
kill yourselves
>>
File: 226px-Alexluthorx.png (249 KB, 226x450) Image search: [Google]
226px-Alexluthorx.png
249 KB, 226x450
>>71617618
he was playing his son, you retards
>>
I unironically enjoyed his performance, although his character's actions didn't really make sense.
>>
>>71619380
I don't read comics lmao, so I have no idea how Lex Luthor is supposed to behave or act, but Jesse was a good villain for the movie.
>>
>>71618648

By your logic Lex Luthor Sr hated Superman and Jesse is continuing the legacy in some Norman/Harry Osborn fashion but there is no proof of this at all, all they share is the same name but his father was dead before Superman even came to Earth.

Stop saying HE'S DA SON as if it somehow explains anything.
>>
>>71618217
He already knows Clark is Supes and Bruce is Bats. He's been investigating metahumans in general long before BvS happens. So he's being excited in a nerdy way that they're literally meeting in person.
>>
>>71617618

I think he was at the top of his, his game is just not enough. He was a terrible miscast for the most crucial role.
>>
>>71617618
hacks never regret any of their mistakes, that's how you recognize a hack from some one who's just not talented yet.
>>
>>71618559
>Reichardt

Shut the fuck up you slimy little kike.
>>
>>71619476
It explains why he acts different to the lex personality that everyone knows. You stupid shitlord
>>
>>71618027
>Apparently he really enjoyed playing the part and will be back for Justice League.
He's making bank.
>>
He was fucking awful until his character became more serious towards the end, shame really.
>>
>>71617618

It might be the worst performance ever given by an Oscar nominated actor.

Even the very, very, very worst of Nic Cage doesn't come close to this.

I was dropping spaghetti every minute he was on screen.

It also doesn't help he had to work with possibly the worst screenplay ever actually filmed for a major studio release.
>>
>>71621495

>It explains why he acts different to the lex personality that everyone knows.

How does it explain it?
>>
>>71619505
wait shit, I thought metahumans was a ratfic term, not an actual word in superhero fiction
>>
>>71618128
It's obvious he's high.
>>
>>71617618
I'm astounded that the movie was made with his performance and the lines he had, it is just not enjoyable in any fucking way.
>>
>>71618648
Don't pretend like you know shit about the character. His portrayal was nothing like Alex.

He was not playing jr and he butchered it. Had he been playing jr, he had butchered it as well.

So you can go fuck yourself with the "he's da son I know right i read it on youtube comments"
>>
>>71621754

>wait shit, I thought metahumans was a ratfic term, not an actual word in superhero fiction

Metahuman has been in used in DC comics for decades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metahuman
>>
>>71621577
Because he is the son, geez, how do you marvelcucks does not know this? Jesse is Lex jr., victim of Lex sr., abusive father and Superman being 'god'.
>>
>>71617618
>>71617618
still better than marvel, full of white cis males, sluts and manlets
>>
>>71617618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AU2TaP4UGQ

Based off this interview I'm pretty sure Jesse Eisenberg was just being his normal self for half this film
>>
>>71621930
Too bad your argument falls flat when you actually know the character which is at the polar opposite of the way zuckergerg acted.
>>
>>71621930
>they actually drop the words 'lex jnr' in the film
hmmm...are you actually on to something?
>>
>>71617618
I don't see how he couldn't be. Clearly I have no idea what was going thru his head, but to me it seemed he thought he was doing a character portrayal on the level of Ledger's Joker performance - Then the movie gets widely shit on and laughed at, comes up significantly short of its box office goals, Affleck, Irons, and Gadot are praised for their acting, and while everyone else was generally considered to have been at least adequate in their roles, Jesse Eisenberg is the only one regularly blamed as part of why the movie was such a bomb.

I don't see how he possibly couldn't feel like a real asshole.
>>
>>71621930

>marvelcucks

leaping behind that ad hominen shield so quickly, ultimately you are not saying anything of any value.

At its most basic, Lex Luthor despises Superman, his reasons have been different throughout the ages and Jesse's is just another interpretation, my point is, saying it's because "he's the son" and not the "real Lex Luthor" is dumb.

>>71621998

hmmmm....are you a faggot? Are you currently stroking your chin pensively, pouring over data to unlock more of Snyder's secrets?

Stop talking like a fucking faggot.
>>
>>71619505
>supes
>bats
kys
>>
>>71622053
you get so angry discussing these films. I'll talk the way i wish
>>
>>71621989
No, you numbnuts, Jesse plays perfect Lex in cinamatic universe, not another randumb comic character. He is literally plebfilter. Go back to your kiddie marvelflicks.
>>71621998
Yes!
>>
>>71622082
>b-but he's the son
>b-but it's not the same because it's original movie version!
Just admit you were wrong already. You're just making it worse for yourself.
>>
>>71622082
>doesn't know shit about DC
>go back to your kiddie marvelflicks
Ok I got it, you're as high as eisenberg, that's why you're on the defensive for him. Fellow stoners amaright.
>>
was Lex Luthors Dad also called Lex?
In the film Bruce and Alfred are discussing the white portuguese boat and they say 'alexander luthor' if that makes any difference? (probably not)
>>
>>71619476
>>71621577

He seemed to be going for the more golden age whacky mad scientist Lex.

Which is the lex nobody wanted everybody wants to see All Star Superman/Modern Lex.
>>
>>71617618
Why did he say "mmmhmm" so god damn much?
>>
He was good.

Of course, thread is filled with tourists from /co/mblr whining NOT MUH LEX.
>>
>>71622398
If you intend to make an entirely new character just do it. Don't rob an established character's name. You're fucking cancer for supporting those shady practices.
>>
>>71617618
>>71617670
jesse eisenberg actually takes himself way too seriously as an actor for some bizzare reason even tho he mostly plays quirky wacky characters
>>
>>71622493
>Hams it up
>Takes himself too seriously
you /co/mblr autists cant even keep your complaints coherent
>>
File: yellow.gif (3 MB, 241x176) Image search: [Google]
yellow.gif
3 MB, 241x176
>>71617618
I think he did a good job in setting himself as a unique villain, just like Samuel Jackson did in Kingsman. They needed more character Development for Lex though, the best movies are when the Superhero and the villain are both fleshed out.
>>
>>71622752
>unique villain

literally a walking clone of Jim Carreys Riddler.
>>
>>71622920
if you honestly think he's a clone of the Riddler you are blind, Carry was "Goofy" Eisenburg is more "Odd/Maladjusted"
>>
He was an interesting villain and gave a solid performance

But he wasn't Lex Luthor.
>>
>>71623170
exactly. He was Alexander Luthor Jr.
>>
>>71623187
>Alexander Luthor Jr
Don't let them use that cop out, you're doing their job for them.

He was THE Lex Luthor and he was a shitty version. It's okay to admit that.
>>
>>71623247
but that was his actual name. I know they didn't emphasise it but even Bruce references him as 'junior'
>>
Christ, is that actual dialogue from the movie? Cringe-worthy as fuck
>>
>>71623266
Not him but even if he's supposed to be jr then he's absolutely nothing like he should be, therefore still shitty regardless.
>>
>>71622607
i have no idea what a combler is but seriously, watch interviews with him, he thinks he's like a legit great actor to be remembered in years to come
>>
>>71623346
>>71623247
>>71623170
>>71623304

Why do you people call people Hacks but then want them to strictly follow the comics

Give Judgment of how he is as a antagonist not as a comic book adaption
>>
>>71623389
I don't read nerd comic books, that doesn't make the movie not shit
>>
File: fuckyou.png (807 KB, 1938x793) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.png
807 KB, 1938x793
>>71623413
tell me how the director's cut is shit.
>>
>>71623389
>Give Judgment of how he is as a antagonist not as a comic book adaption
That's fucking retarded. When you buy an ice cream you're not supposed to get a pie out of the package. You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>71623463
so you went to watch your favorite comic be on screen, meanwhile some of us are tired of the tropes that existed in the comic book era and would rather like creativity on the scene.
>>
>>71617618
No. And I think his portrayal was GOAT.
>>
>>71623389
Strictly follow the comics?

God no.

Actually be the characters?

Yes, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>71623508
Then go watch some of your pretentious artsy shit instead of ruining mine.
>>
>>71617618
Bruce Wayne, meets Clark Kent

*sigh*

I love it

What a fucking douchebag
>>
Eisenberg carried that film with Affleck.
>>
>>71617618
>Takes a deep breath and shakes his head disbelievingly
>I uh, I love it, what can I say?

:^)
>>
>>71624188
He was perfect. He knew their identities, he was obsessed with metahuman Superman and he knew something Clark and Wayne didn't and all he could see was his endgame planning out when he saw and could barely hold his shit in
>>
>>71622752
He was clearly acting like the Joker for Lex Luthor
>>
>>71617618
I think the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor to be vaguely anti-Semitic.
>>
>>71619380
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
>>
>>71619427
Hell yes he was. Seemed to be having a legitimately good time doing it, too.
>>
seems like the typical performance when someone knows something is shitty and stupid and they got over the top
>>
>>71626004
Too bad he's paid millions to give ME a good time. And not only failed but also seemed to try making me angry me on purpose.
>>
>>71617618
i would regret starring a a cartoon fail...
>>
Somehow I doubt it. Whenever anyone says anything good about the movie it's usually Ben's performance as Batman and when it's not it's just Jesse's performance as Lex. Ben gets a lot less hate but many still think Jesse should get an Oscar for this.
>>
>>71627720
On his fan sites I have no doubt about it.
>>
One-note as fuck. This and Gadot made the movie a lot worse than it had to be, whoever is in charge of casting should be shot and then thrown out of a plane.
>>
>>71628010

They didn't fly so good.
>>
>>71623456
kek that pic
>>
>>71617618

You can't blame him, it's Snyder's fault.
>>
File: Lex Luthor.jpg (379 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Lex Luthor.jpg
379 KB, 1200x1600
He's literally me
>>
File: kike2.jpg (294 KB, 610x800) Image search: [Google]
kike2.jpg
294 KB, 610x800
>>71628010
I didn't understand anything that came out of Gadot's mouth. I only caught the words "encrypted" during the party scene and "why'd you bring it here" in the end fight.

I have no idea how they plan on making a movie solely focused on her. DC just cant seem to catch a break. Of course, the jewish nepotism is to blame for this
>>
File: tumblr_o8qvagdzo71twa7huo4_540.jpg (104 KB, 456x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8qvagdzo71twa7huo4_540.jpg
104 KB, 456x810
>>71617618
Looks like a trap. That being said he isn't a good actor. He's right there with Jessica Alba, Megan Fox and other mediocre actors.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.