[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Film is criticized for shallow characterization >122 minutes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
>Film is criticized for shallow characterization
>122 minutes long
>mfw when 40+ minutes of deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray, several of which would have made the film even better and fixed the criticisms.

When did Hollywood forget how to edit a fucking movie? Why are movies consistently getting cucked in the editing bay??
>>
>>71612314
movie theaters charge more for longer movies, it's a price point thing. they do studies to see whats the shortest they can released a film vs ticket sales.
>>
>>71612314
Because normies have way lower attention spans nowdays
>>
>>71612350
But it's a Ron Howard movie, and he's been no stranger to longer movies.

It's just depressing to see movies that could be better, because the material is actually fucking there, but aren't due to this ADD generation bullshit.
>>
>>71612403
This is a newer thing, mostly because movies are getting longer. I don't think that movie had a high profit margin to start with too. There are differences since this was a pseudo-blockbuster... besides it'll improve the DVD sales and give it a sort of cult/hidden gem status.

I think that's what a lot of them go for now.

Why buy the DVD if netflix has this version.
>>
>>71612314
what the 40+ minutes add to the movie so i don't need to download
>>
>>71613073
They're not added back in. It's in the special features, and some are unfinished.

Just felt like venting. Sucks when Suits are Cucking the Directors.
>>
>>71612350
>Movies theatres charge more for longer movies

Where in the world does this happen? You pay a standard price for a movie, regardless of its length. The reason most movies are 90 minutes (I'm aware this one isn't) is because that's the general length somebody will sit down and watch a movie without going full ADHD.

As for Heart of the Sea: I liked it. I think it could have been dragged out longer but the thateical cut gave just enough while not boring the fuck out of you with some shitty survival tale. Let's face it, this movie is about the Whale. It's nice that the survival stuff was included, and it obviously needed to be, but there's a good reason that crap was left out of Moby Dick. Also the Whale following them was dumb as fuck.
>>
>>71612314
What's with WB and cutting scenes?
>>
>>71612314
Could this be another kingdom of heaven, where the DC could make it amazing?
>>
>>71614016
I dont know about what the other anon said about theaters charging more for longer movies, but theaters themselves want movies as short as possible to have more showings per day
>>
>40+ minutes of deleted scenes on the blu-ray

I had no idea, and I loved the movie when I saw it in theaters. The characterization provided was fine. The issue at fault is a growing number of critics seemingly unable to enjoy a movie if it does not move along at a particular speed they've now become accustomed to. Plenty of movies that take their time in building a narrative will be repeatedly be called out for dragging on. I thought Heart of the Sea was fine as it was.

But I'm definitely going to check out the blu ray now. I'd like to see those extra scenes. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>71614204
OP here, none the less, I very much enjoyed it.

Here is the list of added scenes btw, from one of the blu-ray reviews

Deleted Scenes (1080p; 1.85:1; 36:02):
Spanish Sailor
Dockside Goodbye
Loading the Essex
Essex Sets Sail
Hard Life at Sea
Mooning Midas
Cole & Chappel Fight
Men Argue
Bump in the Night
Pollard Suicide Moment
Chase Trapped Under Mast
Catching Wind
Barz Body
Chase Rescues Pollard
Pollard & Chase Goodbye
Graveyard

Extended Scenes (1080p; 1.85:1; 7:11):
Peggy Chase House
Bringing More Whiskey
Singing Sailors
Chase, Near Death
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.