[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of this masterpiece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Gran_Torino_poster.jpg (97 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
Gran_Torino_poster.jpg
97 KB, 300x443
What does /tv/ think of this masterpiece?
>>
Kino.
>>
Best movie I've ever seen.
>>
>>71606342
>>71606527
>>71606701
Impressionable teenagers with /pol/ tendencies overpraising with no tomorrow

To the point, it's not in any way a masterpiece, merely another good film in the long Eastwood filmography
>>
>>71606787
It was all me. I just want people to reply.
>>
>>71606342
It's a good movie, but I wouldn't even put it in Eastwood's top five.
>>
good first half
shit second half
>>
>>71606342
Refreshing 10/10 piece of cinema, especially when viewed in the context of today's degenerate politically correct dystopia. If someone tried to make this now the PC thugs would firebomb their house and have them thrown in prison.
>>
It's no Unforgiven
>>
Eh. There's something i just don't like about the films he directs. They're good, sure. But everything falls together too well in an unrealistic way. Like, in Blood Work, where the kill was his neighbor all along, and he hung around him so he could make him into a hreat detective again. Then there's Gran Torino, where he's the most racist old guy ever, but this Hmong girl won't give up on him and he gets himself killed for people he hated a short time ago.

Anyone agree?
>>
>>71607668
It's a decent point. But I would need to watch more of his films. The 'easy-clean closing' aspect isn't a bad thing in one of his best films like Unforgiven, for example. But I would agree that it weakened films like American Sniper, Hereafter and even an overall very good one like Mystic River.
>>
>>71607668
he wanted to do good by his wife
>>
>>71606342
This movie is garbage; Eastwood has no talent as a director. How anyone could think this movie is a masterpiece is beyond me.
>>
>>71609137
>>>/reddit/
>>
White savior complex horseshit.
>>
>>71609155
Yeah because reddit is known for being realistically critical and harsh on movies instead of upvoting everything and LE BEST EVER MOVIE 10/10
sure you didnt mean to hit the search bar, kid?
>>
>>71609264
>Yeah because reddit is known for being realistically critical and harsh on movies

you got me with your bait

8/10
>>
The asian kid acts like shit 2bh
>>
>>71609329
Not an argument.
>>
I'm from the Detroit area so I'm supposed to give this a 10/10
>>
>I hate niggers spics kikes jews rope them all

what did this man be this was mean his was by meant mean by this
>>
eastwood lost it after bridges
>>
>>71609333
Every actor in this was shit. Except maybe the priest.
>>
>>71609507
Priest and Blue eyes were great. All the mongs were shit.
>>
MAH GAT DERN RIFLE!

HERRGEN DERRG....

8/10 good movie.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.