[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BvS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-03-21h25m58s115.png (520 KB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-03-21h25m58s115.png
520 KB, 1280x532
just saw pic related and i didn't find it to be as bad as everyone was claiming. the only thing i didn't like was that superman didn't have enough action scenes and the fight parts that he did get were pretty fucking lame. the main BvS fight was also hamfisted as all superman had to do was not fucking fight and explain to bruce the fucking situation. thoughts?
>>
(You)
>>
>>71591466
>Words don't stop a man like that. You know what does? A fist.

Clark was pretty pissed for everything Bruce had been doing in Gotham at this point, and desperate to save his mother. That is the point. A central theme of the movie is showing Clark and Bruce grow and realize that they need to cooperate.

Also, nothing is hamfisted. But there are many finer points in characterization that understandably you might miss on your first watch.
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained
>>
good, now watch it with Snydervision.

http://vmashup.com/ONk4QdzT
>>
>>71592872
he literally stoped batman by saying ONE word
>>
>>71593140
The Martha scene is very important and also very misunderstood.
Read this thread for explanations.
See: >>71569439
>>
>>71592872
>http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained

who the fuck needed someone to type this

eisenbergs lex is still a shit characterization
>>
File: 1467324888935.jpg (109 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1467324888935.jpg
109 KB, 640x960
>>71593601
At least read it or give it a little more thought on your own other than "WAAA so cringy".
>>
>>71593708
i am reading it and i understood lex's motivations just fine, that isn't the problem with BvS lex. i've been reading comics for years.

his characterization is still shit m8. twitchy tech giant lex is lame as hell.
>>
>>71593971
>his characterization is still shit m8. twitchy tech giant lex is lame as hell.

Oh, so it's only your opinion.
Agree to disagree then.
I don't care much for comicbook canon.
I think this modern Lex is very interesting because he reflects the millenial cynical psyche.
>>
>>71594049
The new money tech giant Lex is alright, but I would rather they made him like in the comics, where he's a buttondowned psycho who's always been so superior to others that he can't bear the thought of another man more powerful than himself.
>>
>>71593314
you mean that explanation with seeing superman as human? then why he says seconds before 'I bet your parents taught you...' speach? and still, that doesn't change the fact that superman stoped batman with words not fists
>>
>>71594459
He stopped him with words. Both were proven wrong.

Kryptonians also have parents, but Bruce doesn't see them as people either way.
>>
>>71595143
>Good is a conversation
>We talk to each other

It makes sense thematically and has internal logic
>>
>>71591466
I just saw the extended cut since I missed it on the theaters.

I felt it was pretty solid and it had the dark tone the comics I like have. My only criticism is on the lame romantic scenes between lois and Clark minus the last one maybe.
I suppose that the hate exists because generally people dislike movies with such a dark tone where almost everyone is a douche of some sort.
>>71594389
Luthor was over the top on some scenes, specially the last one, but overall eisenberg is a fine actor and I've always felt luthor was boring on the comics.

overall I'm still trying to figure out why this resonated so bad with the audiences.
>>
As a young, neurotic, psychotic, and autistic millionaire Lex Luthor Eisenberg was very good. His off tempo character, I also appreciated. His small glimpses of breaking his public persona, I liked.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.