[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While everyone is caught up shitting on Ghost Busters, Sony is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 21
File: the-dark-tower-idris-elba.jpg (37 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
the-dark-tower-idris-elba.jpg
37 KB, 500x300
While everyone is caught up shitting on Ghost Busters, Sony is busy working on another abomination for next year that seems to have gone under the radar. The Dark Tower. For a movie that the fans have waited so long for, Sony is trying really hard to fuck this up as much as possible.

In the books, one of the main points is when the protagonist Roland Deschain, who is a Clint Eastwood looking white guy, helps a black woman, Detta, overcome her inherent racism. In their infinite wisdom, Sony has adapted this pivotal relationship for the big screen by making Roland Idris Elba. And the black woman is now basically a slightly tan white woman. And now someone named Tirana is a main character, cause GIRL POWER.

What the fuck is wrong with the movie industry? Do they not want my money? Let's discuss this abomination.
>>
I like Idris but as a big fan of the Dark Tower books, I just think this is a horrible decision. Rolan is white. Detta is a huge part of the books. Roland's father is black too, I assume? It was never going to be an easy series of books to film but this is going to be a mess.
>>
>>
There's a cast list out. I don't even recognize like half of these characters and I've read the books dozens of times.

Idris Elba as Roland Deschain
Matthew McConaughey as Walter Padick
Jackie Earle Haley as Sayre
Fran Kranz as Pimli
Abbey Lee Kershaw as Tirana
Michael Barbieri as Timmy
Claudia Kim as Arra Champignon
José Zúñiga as Dr. Hotchkiss
Alex McGregor as Susan Delgado
>>
>>71583294
And why the fuck is he dressed as a cheap Blade knock-off?
>>
Idris Elba is based so I'm OK with him playing Roland.
>>
>>71583346
But have you read the books?
>>
>>71583256

I like Idris a lot, I think he's a great actor but this is not a role for him. It's like making Shaft white. Roland's race is an integral part of the books that isn't easily changed without tearing apart the whole story. Worst of all is the white washing of Detta and replacing her with Tirana, whoever the fuck that is. I had to look her up, and apparently she's only mentioned by name twice in the entire book. I guess that makes her a main character.
>>
>>71583163

i like idris elba but ive spent the last 15 years praying for a dark tower movie with a roland played by a white dude channeling clint eastwood. so im pretty disappointed. Also mcconahey looks like shit as flagg, shouldve cast jeremy irons instead
>>
>>71583318
>Matthew McConaughey as Walter Padick

Shouldn't he be Roland?
>>
>>71583163
Yeah I will skip this one. Thanks Sony, saving me money like always.
>>
>>71583358
Yes, and I believe King, who's notoriously down on a lot of his adaptations, has given the ok on this one.
>>
Oh no they ruined a Stephen King book

Kubrick is rolling in his grave
>>
I'm just really dissapointed that they have chosen The Dark Tower to show how racially diverse they can be. Could have been really great.
>>
>>71583163

I kinda don't understand the whole double standard of X watching.

I like Ebla, but I just find it a bit contradictory when people go "wow we've got a minority playing a character who was meant to be white, SO PROGRESSIVE"

But when it's vice versa everyone loses their minds.

Either don't subscribe to this double standard or just stop making a fuss over it.
>>
>>71583449

I don't understand the mentality of going through years of effort to make an adaptation to just change the entire story. Why not just go make something else original? I've been waiting since I was a teenager for these books to be turned into a movie. And when it finally happens, its fucking shit.

I'll watch it, but I'm going to pirate it. They're not getting my money. Maybe one day we'll get a faithful animated adaptation. Last hope.
>>
>>71583496

*X washing
>>
the first dark tower sucks and blows at the same time, why didn't they start with the second one. and roland is white.
>>
they could still have her be racist though I dont see how this effects that plotline if they're still opposite races
>>
>>71583468

King can be fucking mental sometimes. He shits on a masterpiece like The Shining but gives this flaming piling a big thumbs up.
>>
>>71583163

I like Ebla, but I'm still disappointed with this casting.

It feels less like casting the actors on merit, and more on race- which is racist.
>>
>>71583557

That could be a possibility.
>>
>>71583294

>dat fade

so i guess they had barbershops on Gilead?
>>
>>71583458

only because he wants to soak up the political brownie points for defending the black casting choice for roland
>>
>>71583163
>Do they not want my money?

Indeed, /pol/, most people don't want anything from you.
>>
>>71583557

of course theyll do this. sony isnt going to miss a chance to villainize a white racist
>>
>>71583602

Well at least Free state of Jones will deliver something based.

Maybe make BLM re-evaluate themselves.
>>
>>71583611

REKT.
>>
>>71583639
Free State of Jones looks awful.
>>
The man in black follows the man in black across the desert!

Detta is going to have to be completely re-written now as her character won't make any sense
>>
>>71583163
Sony are just trying to cash in on the social justice fad by creating a controversy. They knew casting Idris Elba as Roland would piss everyone off, so then they could make a bunch of fake social media accounts calling people 'racist' for not liking the movie.

Then all the good social justice people would watch it to show dem 'ebil raysists' how progressive they are.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 443x332
>>71583665

Well that's just like... your opinion man.
>>
File: Hello I am a Racist.png (557 KB, 854x718) Image search: [Google]
Hello I am a Racist.png
557 KB, 854x718
>>71583611

Oh no! You got me dude! I'm a white supremacist who's been caught pants down by a snarky hip Chinese knitting board user! But little does Mr. Internet Cool Guy know, the poster is a Puerto Rican Jew! Oh no! The tables have turned!

I bet you're a fucking white male. BAZZINGA! Merchant wins again!
>>
>>71583639

what makes you say that?
>>
>>71583678
This is the first time on the internet I've seen people complain about this casting. Outside of 4chan, I've heard crickets, so no.
>>
>>71583666
>The man in black follows the black man across the desert!
>>
>>71583678

>fake accounts

Let's be perfectly honest here lad, when that trailer for that Shakespeare film with a black actress playing a British character was launched, /pol/ went nuts.

Same when that holocaust denier film was released.
>>
>>71583585
>implying you wouldn't get lined up after entering The Doors.
>>
Roland doesn't look like Clint at all. King even goes so far as having Eddie mention it.
>>
>>71583678

I think its a legitimate strategy at this point. There has been so much publicity created for Ghost Busters because of the fan outrage. Making a small group of people seem like sexist or racist reactionaries to progressivism makes it almost a moral duty to watch the movie. I guarantee you there would not be the wide spread support for the awful ghost busters sequel if not for the outrage created.

It seems this movie is trying to cash in on the same phenomena. The director is already calling the fans stupid racists. It's so obvious.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dark-Tower-Producer-Has-Blunt-Message-Who-Don-t-Like-Idris-Elba-105537.html
>>
>>71583704
Jesus Christ.

Why is it the alt right are the most sensitive faggots on the internet?
>>
>>71583318
>characters from book 1, book 4, book 7, and fucking comics, all rolled into one hot mess
This movie's gonna suck isn't it
>>
File: Mook Is Far Superior To Moot.png (40 KB, 921x461) Image search: [Google]
Mook Is Far Superior To Moot.png
40 KB, 921x461
>>71583611
>hating on /pol/
>current year

Why, I believe there's a certain somebody with something to say about that.
>>
>>71583294

you can already tell from this stupid fucking costume that they're not even trying. it looks like he's wearing the side of a swimming pool.
>>
>>71583723

White man frees a group of people, liberates them, treats them with a degree of respect. Enslaved people show him respect, and he respects them.

They rebel against authority and unite under the idea of Liberty.

Blacks who oppose BLM will love this film, BLM will re evaluate their movement and realise that not all white men want them dead or enslaved, and realise that they helped give them freedom.
>>
>>71583786
To be fair...if your entire complaint is "he's not white" it's at least based in racism.

As far as Ghostbusters, the "you're sexist if you don't see it" thing only ramped up when Sony realized people thought it looked REALLY bad.
>>
>>71583789

>Random faggot make makes wild accusations on a cambodian cat farming board
>Tables are turned. Gets BAZZINGAed
>"Why is the alt right so sensitive?"
>Cries
>Eats tendies
>>
File: katheryn winnick.jpg (314 KB, 1200x1803) Image search: [Google]
katheryn winnick.jpg
314 KB, 1200x1803
i just wanna know who katheryn winnick is playing so i can know if this is based or not
>>
>>71583820
Wishful thinking: the post
>>
>>71583796
SJW FAGGOT BTFO
J
W

F
A
G
G
O
T

B
T
F
O
>>
>>71583561
King likes to say shit for the sake of shocking people.

Truth is, he loves The Shinning movie (he even says it's one of his favorite in the book Danse Macabre), but he hates it as an adaptation of his novel.

You can have mixed feelings about something. it's allowed.

He gives his okay to shit adaptations because money for his family and shit. But he also lets artists with next to no money adapt his stuff for a buck.
>>
>>71583346
Fuck off onyx cock slurper
>>
>>71583862

Well if nothing else, blacks will stop hating the whitey and start hating on BLM.

It's a possibility.
>>
File: 1447823643859.jpg (40 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1447823643859.jpg
40 KB, 500x335
>>71583163

Jewish Anti-white Agenda > Your money
>>
>>71583907

You first, cuck.
>>
>>71583846
So your entire post is basically "Nuh-uh, it's YOU who's the sensitive one!"

Good job man. You showed me.
>>
>>71583851
20 bucks on her playing donut steel Roland's romantic interest. Or maybe she's whitewashed Detta (can't have black people portrayed as racists) and Eddie gets keked
>>
>>71583941

>muh Jewish plot

Yes, let's blame the boogeymen
>>
>>71583851
Rhea of the Cöos

;)
>>
>>71583833

I'm so tired of this leftist bullshit that making statements based on race is racist. Do you know racism means? What is the definition of racism?

"The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

What in my statement implies that Idris Elba is of an inferior race to my own? Do you even know my race? I could be black for all you know. Stop buying into this bullshit of "lol racism". Advertiser are getting privy to this and are starting to create false racial antagonism to spark controversy.

If you read the books, you'll know that Roland Deschain being white is important to the narrative of the story. he is hated by the character of Detta because he's white, and this creates a tension between the two characters for almost the entire series. One of the biggest arcs in the story is when Detta finally lets go of her racism and accepts Roland as a friend. That's why I think Idris Elba shouldn't be cast as Roland. Not because I'm a fucking Nazi.
>>
>>71583949
At least you didn't deny being a nigger cock blower
>>
who decided idris elba was an a list leading actor anyway. nigga is wooden as fuck.
>>
>>71583163
Doesn't matter, the books got shit after Wizard and glass, so I don't think I will be watching this adaptation anyway.
>>
>>71583163
In all honesty the Charyou Tree scene makes more sense now. They burned a white woman at the stake for fucking a black guy.
>>
>>71583980

Ever consider that maybe I'm not the one obsessed with black cocks, it's you?

I never at once admitted to liking BBC, but you ad hominem'd me and brought BBC out of the blue.
>>
>>71583986
Wooden with an english accent=DEEP

He's alright though. I've seen more wooden acting from more well known A-list actors.
>>
>>71583952

BAZZINGAed! Now go eat your tendies. Grown folks is talkin.
>>
File: Welcome To Reddit.png (701 KB, 1900x2050) Image search: [Google]
Welcome To Reddit.png
701 KB, 1900x2050
>>71583970
Your friends are waiting for you.
>>
>lets skip the first book where Roland mercilessly mows down the entire town of people and lets a little boy fall of a cliff to pursue his ambition
What did the jews mean by that?
>>
>>71583163
Reminds me if when jewllywood used a black guy for I am legend instead of a white guy like in the book.
>>
>>71584036

Ahh yes, an ad hominem.

Nice one, you sure showed me.
>>
>>71583996
W&G wasn't that good. The best books are The Waste Land and The Gunlinger (the original versions). Drawing was alright, but not as good. TWL is the best.
>>
File: Marxism Is Literally Cancer.jpg (378 KB, 829x1475) Image search: [Google]
Marxism Is Literally Cancer.jpg
378 KB, 829x1475
>>71584060
You have to go back.

(*upvote*)
>>
>>71583996

I won't say they last 3 books are good. But there was always hope a movie would make it slightly bearable. It just felt so rushed. the 7th book was the shortest 1,000 page novel I'd ever read.
>>
>>71583294
Did he pee his pants?
>>
>>71584050
Made sense. In The Omega Man, they already blacked a few characters. IAL was always about portraying the sociological aspects of The Current Times.
>>
>>71584061
It was last good book in the series, last three books were horrible. Drawing of three is my fav tho.
>>
>>71584076

Ahhh yes m8, you sure showed me...

HOWEVER I HAPPEN TO BE OF NORDIC BLOOD AND HAVE THE WHITE ARYAN RACE COURSING THROUGH MY VEINS!

What've you got to say about that now? You wouldn't betray one of your fellow whites, now would you?
>>
File: 1454643676923.jpg (125 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
1454643676923.jpg
125 KB, 960x639
>>71583970

There are four screenwriters for the show, a.k.a people responsible for any major changes, THREE of them are Jewish.

Now that you've been presented with these FACTS will you join my line of thinking, or will you shrug off yet ANOTHER "coincidence" like the liberal scum you are?
>>
>>71584050

I'm not a fan of race bending. It just makes the new version a token that piggy backs on the popularity of established characters. Most of the time I will say if you want a minority character to be in a certain role just make a new character. The problem is that then you can't piggy back off of an established fan base.

While I generally say that, there have been some cases of good race bending. Samuel L Jackson was a great Nick Fury. He was perfect, so much people have forgotten that Nick Fury was ever white. It depends on the source material and the actor. Fury didn't have to necessarily be white. That is not the case with the franchise.
>>
File: 1455765629153.jpg (46 KB, 425x440) Image search: [Google]
1455765629153.jpg
46 KB, 425x440
>>71584010

But you just can't stop thinking about it can you?
>>
File: Gawd.jpg (19 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
Gawd.jpg
19 KB, 239x211
>>71584135
That was beautiful.
>>
>>71583786
yep, Sony only cares about money

they have identified the current progressive trend and they're just cashing in on it, same reason why they were talking about casting Elba as bond, to create controversy
>>
>>71584155

You brought it up lad, not me.

I think you're the one whos obsessed with blacks corrupting the white race.
>>
>>71583975

Dude, it's 2016, I mean COME ON!

The word 'racism' has been redefined so many times in the last few years that it's basically anything that you say if someone doesn't like what you're saying.
>>
>>71584077
King got scared that he would never finish the series, so he rushed it. It was okay, but I think it would have been better with more time between books so that King's age and maturity/life experience was different.

A big deal of the appeal of the first books is that they feel written by a different man. From the young buck full of hope and anger (and drug and booze lol) to a more mature and level-headed family man.

I would have liked to see the last book written by old as fuck grandad King.
>>
And they say /tv/ isn't /pol/
>>
>>71584135

Or maybe they got in via hard work and determination?

Jews have been in Hollywood for quite a while pal, does it really surprise you?
>>
>>71583975
seems like the racism part of that is important not the actual race of the people
>>
>>71584117
Different anon here. I've read through the series two or three times now, and I still have trouble getting through W&G because I just can't find it interesting.

Normally I'm all about learning the back story to things, but the main quest was so much more intriguing than learning how Roland partially came to be.
>>
>>71583369

It's not an adpatation, it's a sequel. There's no reason that Detta will be as important
>>
>>71583517

It's not an adaptation, it's a sequel. Characters who were important in the books may not be in the film

Last time around.
>>
>>71583833
>To be fair...if your entire complaint is "he's not white" it's at least based in racism.

So if they cast Roland as a transgendered woman and you protested, you'd be transphobic right?

There is a legitimate argument to be made that fans want an actor that resembles the character in the book as much as possible. If you're just going to call them 'racist/bigoted' for that, then you really dumb and immature. This is actualy the reason why people aren't taking the left seriously anymore, because they just call anything they don't like 'racist' or 'bigoted', without coming up with a logical argument.
>>
Black man against the man in black

POETRY
>>
>>71584211
A sequel?

Wait... if it's a sequel how the fuck did Roland turn black?
>>
File: Jewtopia.jpg (729 KB, 1712x1338) Image search: [Google]
Jewtopia.jpg
729 KB, 1712x1338
>>71584203
>hard work and determination

Oh I'm laffin'
>>
>>71583975

>If you read the books, you'll know that Roland Deschain being white is important to the narrative of the story. he is hated by the character of Detta because he's white, and this creates a tension between the two characters for almost the entire series.

Gee... it doesn't take a Mensa member to figure out that this dynamic will be present in the series as well. Only with black man and a white woman, makes fit better.

And people say that there's aren't any agendas being pushed.

>inb4 /pol/ boogeyman meme
>>
>>71583975
>If you read the books, you'll know that Roland Deschain being white is important to the narrative of the story. he is hated by the character of Detta because he's white, and this creates a tension between the two characters for almost the entire series. One of the biggest arcs in the story is when Detta finally lets go of her racism and accepts Roland as a friend. That's why I think Idris Elba shouldn't be cast as Roland. Not because I'm a fucking Nazi.

It's a sequel, not an adaptation. Detta will probably hardly be in it
>>
File: 1445925101133.jpg (58 KB, 735x688) Image search: [Google]
1445925101133.jpg
58 KB, 735x688
>>71584203

Jesus fucking Christ dude...
>>
>>71584242

Last time around.

We don't know what happens when the Tower resets the timeline
>>
File: AYYHOLUP.jpg (160 KB, 736x1105) Image search: [Google]
AYYHOLUP.jpg
160 KB, 736x1105
Thanks for the culture, white bois, we'll be taking it
>>
>>71584267
>>71584224
>>71584211

Liar.
>>
>>71584267
Where the hell did you get the idea that it is a sequel?

Stop repeating it as a mantra without providing source.
>>
>>71584310
>>71584316
Its on King's twitter, in-between libcuck political comments
>>
>>71584279
While the idea of this being the last go around is neat, that's a pretty cop out answer on why he would turn black.

I'll be excited if he's carrying the Horn of Eld though.
>>
>>71584244

Ahh yes "an info graph".

This is in no way made up, biased or based on conspiracy.

The feminists believe in whites controlling the world, and the alt right blames the Jews.

You are in no way similar to each other!
>>
>>71584279
Time can't change Roland's race, or he wouldn't be Roland anymore. Alternate Dimension, I could buy, but not Timey Wimey.

Anyway, the sequel shit is just fanwank. The truth is that they're making an original movie using parts of the DT mythos from the comics, the books, and the short stories.
>>
>>71584190

Thing was the story just completely changed by the 5th book. King becoming a character in his own book was border line silly, and characters were just massacred left and right with little thought. How Mordred's story ended was such a let down after how much hype he was. The final confrontation with the Crimson King was anti-climactic as well. It just fell flat in so many places, especially with the LOST level cop out ending.

I really do wish he had spaced them out. King fearing his death ruined the series. For a while there was talk that he was going to rewrite the last 3 books, but it never happened.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 496x718) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 496x718
Best case scenario would have been: Movie then tv series then movie then tv series etc. by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer starring Viggo Mortenson.
Worst case scenario is what we're getting.
>>
>>71584248

>ITS THE JEWS I SWEAR

Lol

>>71584296

This triggers the stormfag. GIT gud whites.
>>
>>71584370

It's King, shit doesn't have to make sense

Yeah that's true, but it's a clever way to get around the inevitable changes when adapting anything
>>
>>71584346
This. He goes back to walking in the desert following Walter, not before his birth to change the race of one of his parent.
>>
>>71584224

Well that makes it even worse now.
>>
>>71584373
I don't mind characters having anti-climactic ends or short meets with the protags if they have their own arcs and character moments on their own during the book(s). Mordred was okay that way, but the Crimson King wasn't.
>>
File: 1466376693936.jpg (264 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466376693936.jpg
264 KB, 1600x1200
>>71584357

Okay. You had me for a couple post but I can detect a "slow-burn" troll here. Hello Australia, I hope you're having a pleasant day.
>>
>GUYS
>GUYS LOOK
>GUYS
>WE CAST A BLACK GUY IN A TRADITIONALLY WHITE ROLE AGAIN GUYS
>GUYS LOOK
>LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE
>BUT RACE AND APPEARANCE MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, RIGHT GUYS?
>RIGHT?
>>
i'm guessing this won't be very dark towery, just some western style action vehicle for elba to shoot bad guys in. 100 percent chance of no sequel.
>>
File: Stupid Town.jpg (37 KB, 479x349) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Town.jpg
37 KB, 479x349
>>71584248

So we just replace an entire main character in a book... with a made up one. And then its the same. So it can be different.
>>
>>71584399
Well, I think it repeats everything in Roland's life, hence him having the Horn of Eld which he had left behind the previous time, but we as the reader are brought to where we were introduced to the story in the first place. It's just a nice little way to end the series the same way it started.

Don't think it would change his race though.
>>
>>71583163
>In the books, one of the main points is when the protagonist Roland Deschain, who is a Clint Eastwood looking white guy, helps a black woman, Detta, overcome her inherent racism.
>detta
>overcoming her racism
>a main point

you fucking homo didn't even read the books lmao. but yes, having a nigger roland is bs.
>>
>>71584469

>you can't be serious
>gets triggered when someone calls out his bullshit conspiracy which in no way bears similarity with third wave feminists

FUCKING

KEK
>>
>2016
>still being racist
/pol/ is leaking again

I feel sorry for you people
>>
>>71583318
>Alex McGregor

BLACKED
>>
>>71584547

Don't be. They're fun to trigger.
>>
>>71583163
there is literally no reason at all that they picked Idris Elba other than to be controversal, with the number of white actors that are more similar to the character of Roland out there that they could have chosen from

gotta make dat social justice money
what better way than to create controversy like this
>>
>>71583163
fucking niggers, man. this could have been great but now it's ruined before ti's even out
>>
>>71584547
>>71584566
reddit tier posts
>>
>>71584466

I agree anticlimactic can be interesting if set up right. The problem was all of the characters had a shitty anticlimactic end. Randall Flagg was written off as almost an afterthought after an entire series of set up. His conflict with Roland was never resolved. Even that would have been fine though if Mordred lived up to expectations and didn't die of horse aids.

It was such a let down man.If anything this is just one more in a long string.
>>
>>71584547
>>71584566
>everyone who doesn't share my opinion is racist

liberals everyone.
>>
File: 1467509363045.jpg (38 KB, 480x472) Image search: [Google]
1467509363045.jpg
38 KB, 480x472
>>71584529

Sorry Australia, the ruse is over. Go shitpost elsewhere ya cunt
>>
>>71584583

Gotta admit, it's a crafty plan.
>>
>We have Idris Elba and Matthew Mcconaughey for this movie sir!
>Good, give him The Man in Black and Roland Characters
>But sir, if Elba plays The Man in Black would be racist because he'll be The Black Man in Black
>Shit, ok just exchange the roles, nobody will notice.

That's what happens.
>>
Lynch would have been a good director for an adatation of The Gunslinger. There's something very weird and surreal in TG, more than in the other books. The last chapter is pure Lynch.

I'm going from the original book, not the revised edition.
>>
There's no point in discussing Idris Elba or any of this. Stephen King has gone completely insane some time ago.

Tweet after tweet after tweet after tweet about how evil traditional value christians are. Constantly fucking tweeting about Trump and those "greedy republicans" that are wrecking everything. Putting all this propaganda into his work, he's the type of cuckold Quentin Tarantino wishes he could be.
>>
>>71584611

Yup keep on being a delusional faggot you seppo
>>
It's a meme magic at work.
You memed that no one is truly white so hard, that now everyone is black.
>>
>>71584608

case and point.

You mad, goyim?
>>
>>71584586

Another case and point
>>
>>71584672
Meh, I still like the guy. You don't have to agree with what someone says to enjoy their work. Even if the propaganda is in the work, it's still just a book of fiction. You don't have to agree with it to enjoy the ride.
>>
>>71583846
>>71583704
Jesus dude I'm sorry this guy did such awful things to your boy pussy but you sound very upset
>>
>>71583163
As soon as ghostbusters flops hard, Sony is gonna make big changes to this movie.
>>
>Sir! I read on the interwebs that people really want Idris Elba to be the new james Bond!
>People want to give money to see Elba in a white role? Bond is too profitable right now, but let's see what other franchise we can give him.

Bravo Memesters.

>Elba will never have another Luther-tier role, he'll keep getting typecast as the Blackwashing Actor

FUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>71584762
Nah, they'll just cancel it
>>
>>71584713
Wrong. It's not a book of fiction when the narrator is constantly injecting his personal opinion into the setting. Read the first 100 pages of Under The Dome.

What kind of a faggot fucking hack of an author breaks immersion to rail on about Fox news? Stephen King does. Then he makes these characters that are comic-book tier religious fanatics that are always up to their evil cult-like shenanigans.

That's not supernatural horror fiction, it's political commentary in King's comfort zone cash cow.
>>
>>71584842
He should hop on alcohol and drugs again, maybe he still got time to write another good book.
>>
>>71583294

this whole look is just fucked. roland is sun baked, idris looks exfoliated. he should probably have his hair grown out too, why the fuck does he look so tidy? this is actually really annoying me now.
>>
>>71583163
They don't give a shit about your eight bucks. They care more about appeasing the vocal minority that will pitch a fit if another white male lead gets another movie.
>>
>>71584783
Yeah admittedly that's more likely, since making changes would cause an outrage.
>>
BLACKS CAN'T BE RACISTS
>>
>>71583975
dis
>>
>>71584739

What do you expect? He's another underage Neo Reactionary from /pol/
>>
>>71584981

Yes, yes well done anon, well done

HOWEVER

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bTgjFFWOaWE
>>
>>71583318
Fran Kranz?! Look at that, and here I though his career went to shit when he started starring in youtube webshows.
>>
>>71583318

>Alex McGregor as Susan Delgado

yes, YESSSS!!!
she's gonna get idris BBC right into her tight white pussy
>>
>>71583163
I'm not watching this shit,I'm not watching anything the director or producer ever makes again,forever.

I'm fucken sick of this shit

>RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71586122
could you be more of a faggot?
>>
>>71583585
I hate his hairstyle altogether.
>>
>>71583458
Meanwhile Rowling's trying to convince everyone Hermione was never supposed to be white...
>>
>Dark Tower
>a "Dark Tower" is a "Big Long Thing"
>casts Idris Elba
>Idris Elba has a "Big Long Thing"

Literally no problem.
>>
>>71584863
This
>>
>>71583294
>Roland reaches the tower.
>Calls out the names of his loved ones.
>Raises The Horn of Eld to his lips..

>It ain't me starts playing.
>>
>>71584296
Of all the knights they could have picked they picked the one who cucks King Arthur.

What does Sir Percival look like in this by the way, is he a trap?
>>
>>71583163

>Hollywood shitting up already bad series
>>
>>71583557
Of course they will still have her as a racist, most likely the reason they cast Elba as the gunslinger and a white chick as le evil racist. Hollyjew won't miss a chance to push the "whites are evil" narrative.
>>
>>71583294
>Muh all black leather and belts and shiz
Everything about this is completely awful aside from Matthew. None of this could have turned out any worse pretty much. It will be total shit as well as a complete failure.
>>
>>71583318
Daniel Day Lewis as Roland
Shia as Eddie
Halle Berry as Detta/Susannah
McConaughey as man in black
Clint Eastwood as Father Callahan
Fat Pussy from True Detective S2 as Jake
Mickey Rourke as Cort
Margo Robbie as Susan Delgado in flashback
Goose as young Roland
>>
>>71583724
That's only because they're scared of being called racist.
>>
File: darktowermm23.jpg (236 KB, 1280x2082) Image search: [Google]
darktowermm23.jpg
236 KB, 1280x2082
What emotion was Randall Flagg trying to convey here?
>>
>>71583163
>Let's discuss this
This is the only part of op's post that is honest.

This is a shill thread, faggots. Even if the intent is to bash, you are still discussing and thus promoting this turd.

Want this to fail? Ignore these threads.
>>
>>71591130
Okay, racist shitlord.
>>
>>71591030
>Rub-a-dub-dub. Thanks for the grub.
>>
>>71583294

Dada chum, dada chee, who's this nigga supposed to be?
>>
File: kekkles.jpg (78 KB, 471x211) Image search: [Google]
kekkles.jpg
78 KB, 471x211
>>71591484
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.