[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so incredibly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What went so incredibly wrong?
>>
Frank literally never loses
>>
>>71579320
He lost all the time. He just fights back to the top.

>>71579299
Season 3. House of Cards has always been better when the main couple was working together. The conflict in season 3, in part induced from uncharacteristic stupidity on frank's part was artificial, and resulted in the show losing track of it's core principle: documenting a fictional Bill and Hillary's rise to power as they team up to manipulate a nation. Key words: team up.

Now that Frank and Robin are back together, and understand each other (as they did in season 1), things are set to improve.
>>
>>71579427
Were we supposed to suddenly think Robin was a moral person that would stand against the bad things Frank did after what they had her do in earlier seasons? Seemed like a random character change.
>>
>>71579516
I think what they were going for was trying to show that Frank had corrupted Robin, and perverted her ambitions.

But they really miscalculated, because the general public is getting tired of these misandrist plots. In essence, they tried to pander to feminists, which is always a bad idea.

Robin was refreshing and interesting when she was a villainess. Not a victim. They victimized her, and fucked up her character.
>>
>>71579299
Idk but the cuck shit made me drop it
>>
>>71579427

Lol even in season 1 when he gets that union guy to punch him and thus back down, felt cheap as fuck.

Might as well have threatened to assassinate him
>>
>>71579299
They deviated too far from the source material.
>>
File: house-of-cards-frank.jpg (43 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
house-of-cards-frank.jpg
43 KB, 800x400
>>71579299
They made the show all about Claire.
>>
The show lasted too long. The British version ran gracefully and ended swiftly.
>>
>>71579299
frank went from badass master manipulator to cuck worshipping his wife and her boyfriend while the political side became boring, since frank achieved everything he wanted and the show couldn't come up with new ideas
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.