[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is tv opinion on Deadwood? I just finished watching the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: post-9195-0-40175000-1416405338.jpg (95 KB, 1200x796) Image search: [Google]
post-9195-0-40175000-1416405338.jpg
95 KB, 1200x796
What is tv opinion on Deadwood?
I just finished watching the last season and I think is the best show i've seen.
Doc is the best character.
>>
>>71564316

We hate it. It's boring and everyone talks funny.
>>
I think it's pretty good OP
>>
>>71564316
It's for cocksuckers.
>>
>>71564316
How is the last season? Never got around to watching it (and I liked Deadwood)
>>
>>71564640
>and hoopleheads
>>
Deadwood is a show for adults. It doesn't get much discussion on this board because these days this board is made up primarily by video game players who can only appreciate shows for teenagers like True Detective and Fargo.
>>
Deadwood is a perfect show sans the abrupt ending and the acting is top notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAl2fCYgCQ
>>
>>71564758
it's really good. I don't understand why this show was canceled. Good they will make a movie now.
>>
I just watched the first season, and it was incredible. I think it's a show that benefits from repeated viewings. Do the remaining seasons drop in quality or does it amp up more? im still gonna watch the rest of it, but i was just curious if gets much different or something. also wasnt there talks of doing more seasons or a movie or something?
>>
>>71564864
One of my favorite scenes. Dourif it's fantastic.
>>
>>71564889

because it was expensive to make & executive changes and fighting for power at HBO
>>
Deadwood is the thing of wonders, but contrarian faggots around here will tell you that it is feaux smart with a plot that never goes anywhere even over the course of a 10 episode season, despite there being a clear beginning and ending point for each season (even the rushed season 3 ending)

I can't wait for the movie, but dammit they need to get shooting that shit.

Richardson is goat.
>>
File: dan.jpg (41 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
dan.jpg
41 KB, 600x337
>you will never have a friend like dan
>>
Deadwood is GOAT.

Anyone who disagrees sucks cock by choice.
>>
>>71564316
those who dislike Deadwood suck cock by choice. ad fucking hoc, free fucking gratis. and this: >>71564846
>>
>>71564936
the second season is some of the best television i've seen.
>>
I think it's the best show HBO ever produced but it gets too vulgar for at times.

Characters giving soliloquies while getting their dick sucked and prostitutes flapping their skirts so characters can take a whiff. It's too much.

However, the writing is always on point. The characters are NOT one dimensional sociopaths like in Game of Thrones.
>>
>>71564936
the quality of the show doesn't decline. some people aren't too fond with the inclusion of several new characters and plot lines, but they're all intriguing in their own way. Deadwood really is a special show.
>>
>>71565101
second season is the worst of that. al has dolly giving him head and he's having some insane profound monologue about shit and it's just hard to watch.
>>
>>71565195
i think the monologues outweigh the fact that he's getting head. especially the one where he recounts his youth. i could be misremembering if that was a monologue with head or one with Trixie.
>>
>>71565006
"You never learned to be around the towns"

I say this to my redneck friends when the get too drunk
>>
>>71564316
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mB1l-V8yNc
Doc really is the best character.
>>
File: 29.jpg (42 KB, 599x475) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
42 KB, 599x475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAl2fCYgCQ
>Its a doc calls out god for being a sick fuck episode.

Brad Dourif is so damn good in this show, this scene is just devastating
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.