[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I decided to watch Rear Window because I liked Vertigo and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: snapshot_00.44.57.jpg (1000 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_00.44.57.jpg
1000 KB, 1920x1080
So I decided to watch Rear Window because I liked Vertigo and Psycho and thought Hitchcock is so much fun. Instead what I got so far is one hour of footage that never leaves one single room depicting crippled Stewart looking in his fucking binoculars while being kissed from head to toe by Grace fucking Kelly herself who he ignores completely because hey look, I have an awesome binoculars right? I mean, I would impregnate that bitch for hours until I fucking die from heart attack, and he's just fucking like hey leave me alone Grace Kelly, I have binoculars and want to sit in this fucking room with my broken leg and do nothing! Needless to say that literally nothing happens in a movie, you don't even get to leave that fucking room. What kind of film is that? Is another hour even worth watching?
>>
>>71559145
Psycho is awful. Rear Window is great. You have terrible taste. It happens.
>>
>>71559145
You sound like a real astute aesthete and cinephile, as evidenced by your incisive literally prowess. I look forward to reading more reviews from you in the future.
>>
keep watching there is a great plot twist in the end, you'll never guess who the bad guy is

also an amazing fight scene with cgi straight from 2030
>>
>>71559145
How huge was Jimmy's boner in this scene?
>>
I finished it. No twist in the end. Did he even had sex with Kelly? That night when she stayed with him. I mean he has cast on his leg.
>>
>>71562185
No, he's a gentleman.

I can't believe you actually believed that guy about the twist ending.
>>
>>71562250
I didn't read the thread until I finished it to avoid spoilers. And I would see it's irony so it would be a spoiler for me, so I did the right thing.

Anyway Stewart looked more like an asexual rather than gentleman to me. Or maybe he's too old and lost all his hormones. Which ironically were mentioned in a film, as I just remembered it.
>>
>>71559145
Hitchcock based their relationship Ingrid Bergman's relationship with a WWII photographer.

She wanted to settle down and get married and he wanted to travel around and take pictures.
>>
>>71562675
When did she start fucking Rossellini?
>>
>>71562675
She and Kelly even have the same haircut.

Anyway I expected more twisted thriller from Hitchcock after Vertigo and Psycho. Was Vertigo actually the first twisted Hitchcock's film? Or maybe one of the first twisted films ever? Because I expected that his earlier films would be similar, but apparently not so much.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.