[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, this was fucking boring.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ThingPoster.jpg (23 KB, 223x350) Image search: [Google]
ThingPoster.jpg
23 KB, 223x350
Well, this was fucking boring.
>>
>>71547694
B8
>>
for me it only got boring on the 2nd viewing because I knew all the jump scares and who was and wasn't infected
>>
>>71547713
>the thing
>jump scares

baited me.
>>
File: hr-1.jpg (18 KB, 401x357) Image search: [Google]
hr-1.jpg
18 KB, 401x357
>>71547713
>Watching horror movies for jump scares
>>
>>71547729
there are like 5 scenes when things are quiet and the Thing creeps up on people you tard
>>
>>71547713

I've seen it 200 times and I still can't decide exactly when everyone got infected, so this is bullshit.

example: exactly when did Norris get infected? i have my own theory but it's unverified.
>>
>>71549177
Whenever the dog walks into the room with the jew-fro silhouette. Granted, it could've been Windows or Palmer. It was most likely Norris.
>>
>>71549177

what happened to fuchs anyways?
>>
>>71547713
The dog in the cages scene still gets me every time. Fuck ya'll
>>
>>71549437

i think that was palmar personally. I think Norris was infected slowly--when they unveil the smoldering remains he starts coughing, so perhaps that way.

Then his "heart attack" is him finally succumbing. It's the only thing that makes sense as the Thing would have no reason to pretend to die and no longer be able to infiltrate the group.
>>
he burnt himself before it could get to him didn't he?
>>
>>71547744

the only proper "jump scare" i can think of are:

>shadow passes behind fuchs
>defibrilator
>blaire appears behind cooper
>climax when floor explodes
>>
>>71549534

oh and the dog scaring the red haired guy at the beginning but that's a false jump scare
>>
>>71549534
>>71549574
Nobody "jumped" at these.
>>
>>71549534
The bit when they are testing the blood is one of the best jump scares in cinema history.
>>
Why even bother figuring out who got infected when when the process itself is really inconcistent I mean they catch the Thing offguard and it seems like it has to entirely cocoon it's victim, a process taking 15 minutes atleast, leaving the copy soaked in wet goo so it makes no fucking sense in the bigger picture because few if any of them are ever allowed to go off screen for that long.
Hate me all you want but the prequel made more sense of it.
>>
>>71547694
>>71547713

t. plebs
>>
>>71549460

Flare, maybe he tried to burn it
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.