[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did the theatre version cut from the director's cut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
What did the theatre version cut from the director's cut ?

I'm curious, i've only seen the later version
>>
Is there a torrent for the director's cut out already?
>>
Directors cut make the first 70% of the movie even better. Problem is that the remaining 30% are simply as shit because theres no way to salvage that mess.
>>
>>71545569
Everything involving Clark in Gotham as a reporter.
Desert scene suffered a lot, most of it was cut.
A lot of the Lois bullet sub plot.
The black woman was only shown during her first hearing statement, and never shown again, her entire sub plot was dropped.
Clark helping bombing victims.
A lot of scenes were shortened.
The branded inmate's murder.
Lex contacting the alien.
Bats telling Lex he'll be transfered to Gotham.
The "he came here to die" scene.

the list goes on
>>
>>71546345
couldn't have said it better
>>
major things that come to mind
>Clark investigating Batman in Gotham
>Superman helping survivors of the Capitol bombing
>60% of the Africa sequence
>all of Jena Malone's role, including the reveal that the wheelchair was lead-lined
>the entire subplot with the African woman being bribed to lie by Lex

>>71546345
in my opinion, the only part of the movie that's subpar is the actual fight between Batman and Superman.
>>
>>71546381
>in my opinion, the only part of the movie that's subpar is the actual fight between Batman and Superman.
MARTHA
YOUR DOOMSDAY
>>
>>71546355

Oh I must have watched the director's cut without realizing it. I thought it was just a cinema rip and I was not surprised by the bad reviews.

Most of those scenes were shit, thank god for editors, theater version couldn't have been that bad.
>>
>>71546415
>YOUR DOOMSDAY
i know it's not a popular opinion, but i thought Doomsday and the final battle were great, through and through. it's not often that a CGI monster feels that physical and threatening.
>>
>>71546442
I agree. I simply feel that it wasnt necessary to shoehorn another villain into that story. I felt that it was overkill and that they should have fleshed out the Batman V Sups fight instead.
>>
>>71546487
they needed to resolve the conflict with Lex, and they couldn't exactly have him physically fight Bruce and Clark, so Doomsday exists to avert a terrible anticlimax.
>>
>>71546381
>all of Jena Malone's role
Man I completely missed that, who was she again?
>>
>>71546441
how could you miss it?
the title card literally reads ULTIMATE CUT
>>
>>71546526
she only has two scenes. blonde scientist who helps Lois identify the bullet and discovers that the wheelchair bomb was lead-lined.
>>
>>71546533
like a good pleb he was probably checking his phone or zoning out
>>
>>71546551
Now I remember, I totally did not recognize her
>>
>>71545569
>"the inside of the chair was lined with lead"
In one single sentence they cleared a retarded plot hole
>>
File: BvS are you from planet onigiri.jpg (188 KB, 1899x800) Image search: [Google]
BvS are you from planet onigiri.jpg
188 KB, 1899x800
>>71547029

>we don't need to show Superman as some what competent
>we don't need to show Clark Kent doing his job
>we don't need to show Superman saving anyone other than Lois
>PUT
>MORE
>BATMAN
>>
>>71547066
Well, to be honest, the un cut version features EVEN MORE Batman, but I can def see a bit more clearly why he hates Supes so much. From his perspective Superman is a humanoid wrecking ball. Everywhere he appears, he brings destruction and death.
>>
>>71546533

>implying I was paying attention when actors aren't on screen

My dick ain't gonna Snap itself, now is it?
>>
the movie should have gone to four hours and shown the origin of the doomsday project on krypton through luthor to build the finale a little more and extended the batman/superman fight to include a more subtle reveal of the martha/martha connection. it should have been drawn out more in the fight instead of just rammed home at the end. it's not a terrible idea, they just used it in the most terrible way.

also the soil should have just rested on the coffin in the final scene with a musical upswell, actually showing the soil being drawn up was too much.
>>
>>71546355
Extended shows it much better why Clark just turns up to Batman telling him "the bat is dead".
>>
>>71545569
All the superman scenes except last fight
>>
The Ultimate Cut actually explains some of the nonsense in the movie and actually gives Superman a reason to hate Batman.

The movie is still irredeemable shit though.
>>
>>71545569
Not enough to make batman a decent character
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.