[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having grown up in the 1930's, shouldn't Captain America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Having grown up in the 1930's, shouldn't Captain America canonically be a racist?
>>
>>71544252
Even in the 30's, there existed whites who were supportive of equality.
>>
>>71544292
Who would've thunk?
>>
>>71544252
Given that he was the son of Irish immigrants, he probably understood racial prejudice pretty well. If he had any reservations before, fighting alongside a slant and a darkie in the war probably made them go away.
>>
>>71544252
Ultimate Cap is like that, but I don't prefer that version of Steve.
>>
>>71544252
Bet that tracking device is right under that flag.
>>
>>71544292
Yeah, and they were all backstabbing Jew commies who didn't enlist.
>>
captain america isn't real.

his portrayal in current movies is calculated to get the most asses in the seats at the theater, not to be a realistic portrayal of anything.
>>
>>71544334
Stupid Hick, why couldn't he understand all types of love, I mean its 2016
>>
Steve was chosen to become Captain America specifically based on his personal values, not some random person off the street that statistically would be a bigot. An era doesn't define every individual within it. A majority still implies there's a minority that thinks the other way.
>>
>>71544252

You're thinking of the wrong century.
>>
>>71544498
but you dont need to be from 1944 to disapprove of that
>>
>>71544252
Even in the comics from the WWII era itself, I don't think Steve was very racist, if at all.
>>
>>71545242
>year 2000+16
>disapproving of wincest
Anon
>>
>>71544411
So what you're essentially saying is that captain america don't real and they never will?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.