[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What streaming service does /tv/ prefer? Also does anyone use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: amazon_netflix_hulu.jpg (20 KB, 200x220) Image search: [Google]
amazon_netflix_hulu.jpg
20 KB, 200x220
What streaming service does /tv/ prefer? Also does anyone use Playstation Vue or Sling tv?
>>
>>71543608
I have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and HBO Now. Together it's like ~37 a month. Much cheaper than most cable packages. It's hard to pick one over another because they all have their areas where they shine. I recommend using them all on top of torrents/Plex and forgetting about cable altogether.
>>
>>71543689
I tried HBO Now but it was constantly freezing and buffering on my 50 mbps connection.
>>
>>71543744
That's weird. I've used it for almost a year through Apple TV and have never had an issue. I'm on 100 mbps and my provider doesn't throttle so maybe that's it I don't know. My only complaint with HBO is they don't rotate the movie selection a whole lot, otherwise they're quite good.
>>
>>71543608
Crackle is better than all
>>
>>71543608
All streaming sucks, but Hulu has better originals at least. Netflix is meh/shit. Haven't seen any Amazon ones
>>
>>71543608
Can I get sling through chromecast in australia?
>>
>>71543868
Hulu has originals? Never heard of a single one. Netflix definitely has that market cornered.
>>
>>71543608
Netflix and Hulu are a good combo they compliment each other

I also just started using Mubi
>>
I have all three because they came with my smart TV and are cheap as fuck. Watch HBO shows on Amazon and use the free shipping, watch South Park and that's about it on Hulu, watch Frasier, Cheers etc. mainly older sitcoms and a few dramas like Poirot and the like on Netflix. Pretty dank deal for less than $36 a month. I pirate and am on all the big private trackers too so don't yell at me poorpeasants. Not that your opinion matters anyway.
>>
>>71543689
>I recommend using them all on top of torrents
why when everything I want is on torrents? i prefer not to flush money down the toilet to jews
>>
File: 26510.jpg (72 KB, 952x536) Image search: [Google]
26510.jpg
72 KB, 952x536
>>71543909
A bunch. http://www.hulu.com/originals
My personal favorite is The Path. Sort of a "cults are evil", but mostly reversed
>>
File: Deluge.png (574 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Deluge.png
574 KB, 2000x2000
Torrent. Why would I even need streaming service?
>>
HBO, Hulu, Netflix in that order. But I have all 3. Have Amazon as well but only because of the shipping.
>>
>>71543608
They're all shit. I'm waiting for the spotify of film and tv-shows but until then I torrent. It's the only media I still steal because the alternatives here in Swedenistan are so abysmal. I feel pretty bad about it, though.
>>
>>71544033
It's nice to not have to download everything. More importantly it's nice to sit down and browse a shitload of content and pick something and start playing it instead of having to decide beforehand what I want to watch and find a torrent for it.
>>
>>71545511
>they're all shit

You're an idiot
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.