[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadpool w/R rating >Box office: $775.7 million X-Men: Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: deadpool apoc xmen.jpg (52 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
deadpool apoc xmen.jpg
52 KB, 600x400
Deadpool w/R rating
>Box office: $775.7 million

X-Men: Apocalypse w/PG-13
>Box office: $484.7 million

Why do Americas only like movies with memes now?
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>71534867
The former was a good movie which knew how to use its core demographic to advertise it and spread out to a larger and more general audience. The latter was just another in a long line of shitty movies for a series that has no coherence anymore.

Also if Americans like movies with memes, then the new Ghostbusters movie should do smashingly well, especially when they are doing the opposite of what the marketers for Deadpool did for advertising.
>>
>>71534867
Apocalypse ended at 550m m8.
Not much but certainly not 484m.

That being said, the comedy of Deadpool appeals to larger audiences. It was the MCU mold with an edgier tone. It was made to make tons of money. And Im glad it did. Because the success of Deadpool will keep paying for more patrician-men movies.

Apocalypse best villain of the year. There, I said it.
>>
Deadpool had a bigger viral marketing campaign. And it had more appeal to the normies who don't like superheros. Everyone gave up on X-Men a long time ago, only the fanboys are still watching them.
>>
File: ms.jpg (43 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
ms.jpg
43 KB, 625x415
>>71534867
>yfw Jennifer Lawrence centric marketing
>>
a whole lot of guys tricked their girlfriends and wives into thinking they were going to see a romcom and doubled sales
>>
>>71535734
Problem is PG-13 movies ALWAYS make more money than R rated films because they by nature will have a larger demographic they can target.

The only time turning a movie into a PG-13 one is when they completely water down the original elements of the character in the process. Like that Jew producer at Fox who forced Die Hard to be PG-13. That just doesn't work.

Deadpool would have been in the same boat because of the nature of the content.
>>
X men is getting shittier and more boring by the year

all their tired cliches have been played out and they have nothing left.
>>
>>71534939
They act like that's a bad thing though.
>>
deadpool is such a shit movie. I didn't laugh once during the entire film and comedy is apparently the strongest thing about the film.
>>
Fox is probably happy it bombed now they have an excuse to talk with Marvel about a crossover
>>
>>71537258
how old are you?
>>
>>71537534
>>
>>71534867
the difference is that apocalypse was shit and deadpool was funny.
>>
>>71536085
I doubt any girls actually thought a movie called "deadpool" about a guy in a spiderman costume was a romantic comedy.
>>
>>71538468
you are not that old, I was just checking if deadpool's comedy only appeal to younger audiences, my father didn't like deadpool either, despite he likes most of the capeshit movies and series
>>
>movies with memes
what did he mean by this?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.