[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMA- worked under Snyder on BM v SM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 25
File: logo16.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
logo16.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
Was on here last night for first time, answered a few questions. In London now filmingJL part 1. No, I can't show you any "proof" bc all copies of script are watermarked w. name across them.

I don't think the Bm v. SM-- DOJ gets fair play on here, so will try to answer what questions I can. Do you think it's "above" someone who works on a such a film to be a shitposter here?

Well, you're mistaken. Will answer what I can without it becoming obvious who I am on the snowball's chance in hell Snyder ever saw this. you don't have to believe me.

One thing I just saw people talking about, the Africa girl-- did you know we wanted Lupita Nyong'o and were just about set to sign her when her career blew up suddenly?

You don't believe me, fine, that's fine of these boards-- I could be a delusional person off my meds, or you could be hearing a unique story that journalists can never touch or have to credit "4chan" as a source.

Anyway, will try. I understand skepticism but don't get too vitriolic or you all can go to hell, not getting paid for this. Go ahead.
>>
how is Justice League turning out? Is it still Terrio's script? Will it be as intelligent as BvS or are they going the Marvel route with quipfest trash?
>>
>>71524522
Do you enjoy making bullshit posts like this or is this something you do just out of boredom?
>>
>>71524522
>I don't think the Bm v. SM-- DOJ gets fair play on here

Are you fucking for real? In any case can you tell me if Superman actually killed the African warlord or just hurt him badly?
>>
Why do you think you're welcome here?
>>
>>71524577
>s it still Terrio's script? Will it be as intelligent as BvS or are they going the Marvel route with quipfest trash?
It is still Terrio's script. In fact, it's ALL terrio's script, thank the gods above Goyer is completely out on his ass.

However, after how the Bm v. SM performed, the script was "Dumbed Down" considerably, and as I understand Terrio-- who was originally set to write parts 1 and 2-- has washed his hands (this is no huge news, he said so in an interview with Wash Post).

For that, you can thank fucking Goyer and the fact that even though BM v. SM terrio version was a c ompletely different version, Goyer took gim to WGA mediation and won (bc he has been around a lot longer) costing terrio half the credit and half the money for writing the film, after it had been agreed that goyer would only take a "Story by..." credit.

Goyer is fucking cancer.
>>
how big is your dick?
>>
>>71524652
>Why do you think you're welcome here?
Based on the rules, "anyone can post...just dive right in!" Am I breaking any? You watch and keep everyone posted..
>>
>>71524756
>and as I understand Terrio-- who was originally set to write parts 1 and 2-- has washed his hands (this is no huge news, he said so in an interview with Wash Post).
what do mean? what interview (i couldn't find it).
>>
>>71524600
>l me if Superman actually killed the African warlord
Don't know which you mean..the opening sequence? that turned into a complete clostr fuck, you should have seen as it was orginally written.

In Goyer's draft, Lois listens to him spout his bullshit about quality of "his" people, then points out the "rolex oyster" watch on his arm.

Were also a bunch of lines like from lois like "I don't think you'd have done this if you knew who my boyfreind was.

Also, Goyer had the entire thing originally taking place in a "mosque compound." Yes, no surer way to start riots in the muslim world than to have superman smash up a mosque. The man is clueless.
>>
Does everyone there really hate Superman's guts?
>>
>>71524756
>Dumbed Down

good, wb deserves the thrashing they got after the BvS clusterfuck. You can blame goyer as much as you want but having batman and superman slug it out in the first place is a dumb move on snyder's part.
>>
>>71524522
What's our kinogod wearing today?
>>
>>71524860
>what interview (i couldn't find it).
they interviewed terrio in the WSJ of something. I'm not giving away anything on the new movie, just gossip everyone knows from the last one.

This will never go far anyway bc d you honestly imagine any news source-- es0 for us Brits and what is going on in the UK right now00 worrying about THIS?

Think it's pretty much at ottom of their lost. Also:
>Turkish Airline had been the biggest Sponsor of BM v SM, attack on their international terminal at their home base.
>Just fuck my shit up.....
>>
>>71525036
>wb deserves the thrashing they got after the BvS clusterfuck
they really didn't. Are you honestly going to sit and tell me MArvel has been producing qullity material? This was a chance to take the genre in an entirely new direction, where the films could be "dark" and deal with genuine big philosophical questions.

Instead, audiences proved they are, for must part, slack-jawed idiots who think in terms of "Good Guy BEat BAd Guy!" (as drool comes down their cheek).

Forget the DC.MArvel fanboy war bullshit--- this movie not grossing over 1 billion was a bad bad for everyone who likes to see risk-taking in films.

I'm one of the very small cogs, it didn't cost me "big money." All it did was to ensure the rest of the movies in this "universe" will be as bland and generic as fuck with no risks taken.

If you want that, then yeah, sure, enjoy.
>>
Is Justice League mainly following the Injustice storyline i.e. Superman turns evil after he loses Lois? Thats what I gathered from BvS
>>
>>71525312

>This was a chance to take the genre in an entirely new direction, where the films could be "dark" and deal with genuine big philosophical questions.

Jesus, you're serious aren't you?
>>
>>71524578
>Do you enjoy making bullshit posts like this or is this something you do just out of boredom?
This is the great fucking irony. Proof that you people can get someone who is an "insider" for whatever that means) in this stuff, and you literally wouldn't know what was genuine if it hit you over the head....but yes, I'm completely delusional friend.....only a matter of time before they lock me up, of course...

You actually had a chance to get any questions you may have had answered by someone who was in the room when most of these decisions took place, ad ya blew it....
>>
>>71525312
Well I hope Justice League still has mythological/spirituality metaphors and it isnt just a Marvel action flick
>>
>>71525555
Hey can you please tell me if the other post from few hours ago was true about Snyder working on a Titan tv show?

Also is a Man of Steel sequel actually happening?
>>
>>71525555
>dem quads

How is Batman going to be useful in the final fight? Does he come across as a bit of a chump surrounded by super powered peeps?
>>
>>71525036
>Batman and Superman had no business doing something theyve done everytime they meet for the first time for 75 years
>>
>>71525312
I dont give a fuck about marvel capeshit, at all. gamble and taking risks is a good thing but at the end of the day bad editing, mischaracterizations, huge plot holes and shoehorned sequel baiting will never earn you a good merit

the movie didnt need the mad max plot
it didnt need any of the JL email cameos
nor the overly complicated lex setup. in fact nobody even wanted a batman superman brawl movie in the first place and most of the early negative buzz was about that. and if snyder and wb can't admit that then the JL movie is doomed.
>>
>>71524522
Movie was great, thanks bro.

But since the plebs didn't like it, I hear that Justice League is going to be "Marveled" for the plebbit audience.

Is it true? If so, how depressed is based Snyder he has to dumbdown his work for filthy plebs?
>>
>>71525549
>Jesus, you're serious aren't you?
Serious as a heat attack, anon. Devoted 3 years of my life to this project. So, you may ask, why would I come here to rant? The MSM doesn't take anything that comes from this site seriously, they see it as an "elite group of superhackers"(!!!) rather than the reality og a bunch of fat neckbeaerds nerds (including myself), some of us who just happen to get jobs sometimes.

Even now, 50% of the people reading tids still think it's a sitpost, no media outlet were dare touch it (eso after what jus happened with their polls and the signatures wit the bots).

This is as good a place as one can find.
>>
I am interested if Batman still kills in Justice League or has he now gone thru a character arc after Superman's passing
>>
>>71525738
Did you even read those stories? they were horrible. even the world's finest movie had to bail on the versus aspect almost immediately.
>>
>>71525555
>You actually had a chance to get any questions you may have had answered by someone who was in the room when most of these decisions took place, ad ya blew it....
I'm sorry, OP. Please don't leave. I'd like to hear more of your fake behind-the-scenes fanfiction. This is sarcasm BTW.
>>
>>71524522

did Zack know he was making a bad movie?
>>
You're full of shit. Snyderbot
>>
>>71525639
>Snyder working on a Titan tv show?
I have no personal knowledge of this, he hasn't mentioned in any meetings and there has been no gossip, but the idea of a director with his current schedule taking ANY time out to do any sort of "prestige TV" after BM v. SM underperformed at box office--NO.

Man of steel Sequel? No one will say it loud enough where any of his reps can hear it, but there was a real fear that Cavill is not "heroic" enough to carry another movie on his own.

He just barely scraped through by skin of his teeth on last one he had to carry by himself.
>>
>>71524522

what evidence is there that terrio is a good writer? his only credit is Argo and that was cowritten with a good writer

and there's literally no evidence of intelligent writing in batman v superman. there's some pontificating nonsense by a paranoid molestation victim, but besides that the writing and editing are amateurish
>>
>>71525754
>in fact nobody even wanted a batman superman brawl movie in the first place and most of the early negative buzz was about that.
You are so wrong anon. Almost every piece of negativity of BvS is directly aimed at Lex, the big dialogue scenes of talking, the subplots that had nothing to do with Supe and Bat's Brawl.

It was the reason for wanting to see Batman fight Superman is why so many bought tickets. The reason this movie bombed was because it wasnt a Batman fight Superman movie. We all know the actual fight only lasted 5 minutes.

This movie was a huge Lex, setting up Justice League movie. I have no problem with that; I really liked the email scene and being able to see what is to come but then I understand the Lex scenes were way too long with unnecessary lines. The movie needed to get str8 to the point.

The Batman chase scene needed to have come in quicker; it was far too focused on Lois and that bullet etc.

The Batman fighting Superman scene is what everyone wanted to see. That is not a weak point at all. It is called Batman V Superman afterall.

I actually would have liked to have seen more of Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg.
>>
>>71525312

why do faggots think that people who notice bvs was a bad movie are automatically marvel shills? plenty of people realize that most capeshit is terrible
>>
>>71525956
No please MoS was a great movie! I really wanna see his Superman progress more. There just was no room for him to do it in BvS.

Re watch the MoS scenes when Cavill is talking to Lois in the desert and in the military room - he has a great charismatic Superman voice there! That was missing in BvS.

Talk to Snyder about this. There is hope for him to be great in a sequel if you show him saving more people and just being more heroic.
>>
>>71525851
>This is sarcasm BTW.
wow, someone who feels the need to type out "this is sarcasm, btw" is a man with a great control of the English language.

You must be essayist in-between your shifts of shoveling shit.
>>
>>71525995
That's some next level delusion you got there. The reason the movie bombed is because it was a complete mess from top to bottom.
>>
>>71525960
>>71525995
lex's dialogue was fucking amazing and an absolute pleb filter.
>>
>>71525995
CONTINUE OF MY POST:
I actually would have liked to have seen more of Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and less of Lex crazily rambling or change the script and have Lex talk more about his father.
>>
>>71525811
Kek what "stories"? They fight every fucking time they meet for the first time and plenty of times after that. You have 2 huge egos and ideologies meeting for the first time. You are a dumbass. Go watch your Disney films.
>>
>>71525995
I guess you weren't around when they announced the stupid fucking title of the movie
>>
>>71524522
So these watermarks are done is such a way- what way?- that prevents you for editing it out? Or prevent you from having a copy? Please explain, I don't see the problem there..
>>
>>71526217
nice read comprehension, fag
>>
>>71526285
You said that have I even read those "stories". As if theyve only fought a handful of times. They fight all the fucking time dumbass. Making them not fight would have been untrue to the characters. Batmans extreme paranoia is one of his most defining traits retard.
>>
>>71526193
Did I ever say his dialogue was crap?

You missed my point: those normies who bought tickets did so because of Batman fighting Superman.

They could care less about artistic styled Lex script writing.

Remember that normies make a movie a box hit. Not the couple hundred who appreciate art and style.

YES I wish more movies were like BvS with art and stye but hardly the mainstream public will watch this.

Why are Marvel's films all the same with no difference? Because Marvel know thats what the dumbed down public like.
>>
>>71526193

no it wasnt. it was the plot of xmen. meta humans can't get along with regular humans blah blah war will break out you better buy my weapon I'm selling.

his philosophical ramblings werent even meant to be taken seriously. he uses it to try to sell his gun, and later it's all mixed up with his feelings of resentment towards his father. it wasn't meant to be examined by the moviegoer. but capeshit watching children are so fucking stupid they don't even understand the motivations of the character which are petty and emotionally stunted.
>>
>>71526335

>capeshit is art

do you people really believe that shit? how old are you?
>>
>>71526322
all those were terrible
>>
>>71525871
>did Zack know he was making a bad movie?
No. Everyone, literally everyone, went into this thinking they were making a amazing movie. The money was there, the script, the talent, everything,,,,btw, I'd still argue it IS a great movie, eso once people get to see the new EC.

It's meant to be...as realistic a representation as possible for how humanity would react if these elements were suddenly introduced into the world.

I think terrio will end up not regretting not writing 3 of them, but from what he's said ti me he doesn't watnt to be remembered in his tombstone as "that guy who who wrote a few of the BM.SM movies after he won an Osar...
>>
>>71526362
>no it wasnt. it was the plot of xmen. meta humans can't get along with regular humans blah blah
not even close, wow. how could you misread the film that badly?

it's man vs god. you got the part about resentment towards his father right but you missed the prometheus connection and the problem of evil, god being tribal, etc.

it's more similar to Only God Forgives than x-men.
>>
>>71524522
Steve, Henry saw your post and alerted me. Goyer told me to fire you.

t. Snyder
>>
>>71526335
this is fair, i agree with this.
>>
>>71524522
Tone down the big time act. Nobody really gives a fuck who you blew to get on a movie set. If you have something to say, say it without hyping yourself for no reason.
>>
>>71526322
They fight all the time in the buildup to the real meat of any story. When the fuckin rubber hits the road, Supe keeps bats alive- after bats made the plan. flash usually pulls the trigger on that plan, and wonder woman, is just wonderful.
>>
>>71526335
>blaming the audience when you make a bad movie

this is how you don't improve
>>
>>71526125
This so much. Henry needs a man of steel sequel in a bad way, we all know he's the guy to do it! Tell Zack and warner bros to get their head out of their asses!!!
>>
>>71526489
>"improve"
>dumb it down so all of the biggest retards on the planet can understand it.
>>
>>71526420
that idea of a plot is so fucking dumb I'm not surprised why bvs got hammered. what the fuck was snyder and terrio smoking
>>
>>71524522
Do you feel ashamed for helping to make garbage movies?
>>
File: 1467405578170.jpg (169 KB, 768x1029) Image search: [Google]
1467405578170.jpg
169 KB, 768x1029
>>71525871
Sup faggot
>>
>>71525960
>what evidence is there that terrio is a good writer?
after the final version of BM v SM was done, one of the female execs said that "there should be a fraud copy of it hanging in every office in WB so people know "what a truly great script looks like."

I was never huge fan or "argo" myself...you only would see it if you could compare goyer's original draft to terrio's final draft.

bbIt's like the difference between the work of a high school darma club and their teacher.
>>
>>71526554
it's (partially) about insecure men feeling emasculated by a larger than life god-like figure like superman.

makes perfect sense and was quite fascinating.
>>
>>71526541
Justice League: Doomed
>>
>>71526584
>did Zack know he was making a bad movie?
Yes, he knew.
>>
>>71526584
>Marvel plebs are shitskins
No surprise, considering their average sub-par IQ.
>>
>>71526541
If you want it to make a billion dollars thats exactly what you do. No one going to a movie with "batman" in the title is interested in high art.
>>
>>71526362
luthor is nothing but the son of an extremely egocentric manic genius madman- who is dead. This little boy has unlimited resources with which to indulge every delusion the MAN's son could inflict on him. His idiotic rambling fits perfectly with that architecture. The kid is a completely spoiled, completely fucking warped, utter waste of time, problem is, he has all the resources of a real bad motherfucker. And this stupid shit we see in the movie is what a fuck up like that would do with it all.
>>
>>71526420

lmao holy fucking shit please tell me you people arent this delusional.

I actually watched the extended edition of this turd and I can tell you lexs motivations are simple , straightforward, and retarded. let's just forgive that halfway through the movie they wipe away his businessman motivation of selling his weapon through fear concocted by fueling fear of superman.

he later gives his speech about his father. making it clear to the audience that he hates authority figures because he resents his dad. the movie takes this monologe as a cue to drop lexs prior motivations that the movie has given us no reason to question, and accept the new motivation. he wants to make superman hated/fallible to deal with the emotional wounds inflicted by his father. after that it doesn't matter. he may pontificate about various philosophical ideas, but they're irrelevent to the movie. they have no bearing on anything because lexs motivation ends at being mad at dad. there's no reason to mention shit like "is god tribal blah blah" because none of that is examined in the movie. Clark Kents just a 1 dimensional goody two shoes who feels bad that people don't like him. the philosophical questions are asked, but not examined. but because the movie named dropped and reference some philosophical ideas retards eat it up
>>
>>71526662
didnt translate well, he was overacting and not really like the lex in the comic book. too bad we will never see superlex in the dceu, wouldve been a great character
>>
Can you give a synopsis of Goyer's original draft?

What do you estimate the movie's actual budget was? Did you ever see a top sheet?

Is Snyder as brainless as he seems in interviews?

Did you ever meet Tsujihara or any other Warner's guys?
>>
Will superman go the injustice route in justice league 1 and 2? Say it aint so please
>>
>>71524522
Tell me, were the subliminal messages and deeper meanings intentional?
>>
>>71526682
>thinks the character's monologues are irrelevant to the movie
>full retard.
>>
>>71526260
>So these watermarks are done is such a way- what way?
Name is written literally across each opage in vert big, sort of...if you really want to know what looks like, search for a page from a film just "declassified." Also, rumored that that the paper has an invisible watermark only visible in right sort of light.
>>
>>71526637
>my children's movie is better than your children's movie

kys my man
>>
>>71524522
I want to work for Snyder, how do I go about this? I'm up for anything. I'd even wash the toilets.
>>
File: abq5W0v_460sa_v1.gif (1 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
abq5W0v_460sa_v1.gif
1 MB, 360x270
>>71524522
Take picture of something unique to set or wherever you're at that anyone could have taken a picture of, any of your colleagues, so as to not give yourself away. Paste into paint and re-save to erase exiff data, also timestamp in picture.
>>
>>71526817
>t. Pablo Rodriguez Iron Man's number 1 fan
>>
I loved BvS Ultimate Cut. Was there a similar Ultimate Cut for MoS that never made it's way to blu-ray?
>>
>>71526662

exactly, so why do dc drones act like the philosophical diatribes are worth examining instead of realizing they're incoherent pontification by a paranoid autist, which is how the movie treats them?
>>
How is henry cavill not "heroic" enough for mos2? Thats the biggest load of bullshit ive ever heard, tell me youre joking please
>>
>>71526759

relevant insofar as they show lex Luther to be delusional and full of shit in an attempt to deflect from his anger and shame at getting abused/diddled
>>
the editing, especially near the end was terrible (even in the UC). example is after lois leaves camera zooms to bruce, we cut to the prison with batman and lex(tense music). then goes back to the cemetery(complete with somber music) as bruce leaves, suddenly lois is at the grave again pouring soil. all this happens in a span of only several minutes.
>>
>>71526453
>Tone down the big time act. Nobody really gives a fuck who you blew to get on a movie set
lmao, you dumb jealous shit. fucking you could be Goyer himself, who knows the entire cast and crew s furious at him for stealing money and a writing credit after he had agreed to only a "Story by..." credit...

I just really, really hope the one without goyer is the biggest hit ever. Please God? Or goes to make enough money that goyer's filthy mouth is shut and forgotten forever...
>>
>>71526867

are you braindead? all capeshit is awful. please stop destroying society by supporting it
>>
>>71526831
>how do I go about this
go to film school. meet the right (or wrong) people. Good luck.
>>
>>71524522
Was Batman always a murderer in snyderverse?
>>
File: 1459546576987.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459546576987.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>71527036
>
>>
You know what I've noticed about "Marvel," hard-core fanboys that i never had before? They are the Saltiest, most miserable human beings on the earth.

Before I got this gig, had only a passing interesting in comics. But Christ Almighty, you Marvel fanboys are SJWs incarnate.

What is it with you people? I may quietly think R. Downey Jr sucks and he and and palthrow have-- together-- managed to ruin this genre films,,,but I don't rant likr
>>
>>71524522
How is the relationship between Snyder and Affleck?
>>
let me tell you something op, even if snyder makes a good JL movie, its going to bomb with critics because its either too dark or is copying marvel. there is no winning you should might as well give up.
>>
why would you risk your job to post on an imageboard?

what pleasure do you get out of pretending to work on films?
>>
>>71524522
Why do you keep calling it BM.SM and not bvs? Why do you call it justice league part 1 while it was confirmed to be titled "justice league"?
Will snyder direct the 2nd justice league movie?
How involved is geoff johns?
Give us some juicy behind the scenes drama between actors or something
>>
Bump
>>
Did henry cavill and amy adams ever hook up during filming? Im sure she was craving for his super dick
>>
>>71527168
>always a murderer
There were hours...and hours and hours of discussion around this, including meeting with the man alive most suited to have an important voice.
speaking of which, if you watch film carefully...you'll find easter eggs--- find out how much krane was forced to sell off BM for....get the exact number, the watch carefully looking for the number in the film....that's probably biggest easter egg in whole film,,,
Well lads, it's 22:30, am turning in...this film is...you owe it to yourself to see it. Yes, the entire blue ray from packet from Amazon, though I hate Bezos...you won't regret it.
>>
File: 1467318495387.jpg (855 KB, 1045x1600) Image search: [Google]
1467318495387.jpg
855 KB, 1045x1600
>>71527806
Please answer more questions to superman when you have time. I and many others want to know more about the man of steel's fate in the DC cinematic universe.
>>
>>71527443
>why would you risk your job to post on an imageboard?
I'm a black European, anon. They'd never dare accuse ME of all people of posting on a "vicious, pro-Trump, racist hacking site."

Such is the beauty of it. I know most of you still hate me, but I'd argue that given my skin ton, I call into what South Africans would call a "Cape Coloured."

Do you really think they'd risk accusing me of posting on a site known for "racism?" :>:)
not bloody likely.

You are rigth though, I shall shut up now. But even if you hate me I think I got job due to AA/BEE, I did provide so,e good material for board, did I not? I know, no timestamped photo, but take what you can get,,,,
>>
>>71528164
Can you answer some more questions? This thread got derailed to marvel vs dc again without actual interesting behind the scenes stuff.
On another note why would you say you are black? Wouldnt that risk you getting caught doing what you're doing?
>>
>>71527996
>I and many others want to know more about the man of steel's fate in the DC cinematic universe.
lol, that, my friend, I cannot do. That's the point at which even I believe DC hires assa sination squads if anyone anyone began blabbing about that,
>>
>>71524522
No questions here. Just want to tell you that the DCEU shouldn't be Marvelized.
It deserves much better after so much of Snyder's great vision has already been accomplished.

I understand that a lighter tone for JL was always the focus, but don't overdo it and fall for cynical tone-breaking cheap quips.
>>
>>71527806
So was he always a murderer?
>>
>>71528345

I understand. It seems that warner bros and dc has been really tight lipped about supermans place in the following films. Must be something big! I just hope he doesnt go the injustice route, thats all I ask for. Thank you for your time sir.
>>
>>71526889
no one does this

the point of examining him is to prove that he does have a place in the narrative, and that he does have a coherent characterization.
no one examines him so as to take him seriously, but to prove that this is true to lex luthor, with some slight twists
>>
File: 1467249953113.jpg (18 KB, 326x272) Image search: [Google]
1467249953113.jpg
18 KB, 326x272
>>71524522
>was here yesterday for the first time
>already knows what shitposting is
>>
>>71524522
More details OP please
>>
>>71524756
>>71524522
is there ANY chance they could still shoot terrio's full vision of justice league?
>>
>>71525312
This was a chance to take the genre in an entirely new direction, where the films could be "dark" and deal with genuine big philosophical questions.

Fuck you. Chris Nolan grit is cancer when it's not him doing it.
>>
>>71526246
What some fat neckbeards on /tv/ think is not representative of how most of the world thinks. When it was announced normies ate that shit up, because it was a move very few expected. The idea of a Batman vs Superman movie has been around for a long time.
>>
Are warner worried about wonder woman release window clashing with spider-man homecoming and also transformer 5
>>
>>71524522
The first scene of BvS is so weird, you have all of this chaos happening and it looks like only Wayne is actually giving a fuck about it:

>there's barely any panic in the streets, traffic is normal, people are just looking at a giant spaceship shooting death lasers at the city
>Bruce having to call Jack to "evacuate everyone out of the building" to actually get him to start moving his ass, like what the fuck nigga, there are buildings getting destroyed in front of you, do you need a call from your boss to start the evacuation?

The whole thing is already a disappointment.
>>
>>71526837
He should leak the Flash's suit so the internet can explode.
>>
>Want to buy BvS: UE to support Snyder-san
>Google & Amazon don't let you download to your computer, and even limit HD to 2MB stream

What the fuck is this shit? The one fucking time I want to buy a movie, and you essentially get fucked in the ass doing so....i'm better off just fucking torrenting it
>>
>>71531637
buy the physical release, and also torrent it.
ezpz
>>
File: 1417488095952.jpg (38 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1417488095952.jpg
38 KB, 399x388
WHY GAL GADOT IS WW PLEASE ANSWER ME
>>
File: superman fail.gif (203 KB, 606x557) Image search: [Google]
superman fail.gif
203 KB, 606x557
>>71531688

I want to, but the Blu-Ray isn't out yet....i'll probably just buy the Blu-Ray later, but i'm torrenting it now.

Its fucking asinine though that its been 20 fucking years of so since Napster and studios still haven't figured out how to properly distribute digitally
>>
>>71526159
You sound legit as fuck, and so professional.

Fuck you.
>>
If OP is still here, how much can you say about the whole runtime debacle/the film essentially getting hacked to bits for theatrical release?
>>
>>71531945
>You sound legit as fuck, and so professional.
>Fuck you.
Thank you! You're welcome, btw, for me risking my black ass to being this fucking board (in a thread last night and tonight) some behind the scenes info that the general public could never dream of having, out of loyalty to this board-- which is itself retarded given that anyone on this board would sell me out for a nickel.

But the beautiful part? This place has such a reputation for racism, pranks, and general shitposts and that one one will take it seriously in the MSM.

So either I'm for real, or I forgot to take my thorazine. I'll eave it for people to decide. :D :D
>>
>>71524941
>Also, Goyer had the entire thing originally taking place in a "mosque compound." Yes, no surer way to start riots in the muslim world than to have superman smash up a mosque. The man is clueless.

Based Goyer
>>
>>71531780
>buy the Blu-Ray
n I get no extra monies obviously if blue ray sells well or does not, but this is first blue ray in a very long time I can say is definitely worth buying.

The entire...if you're a fan of these 2 comics, you'll get to see a lot fot he work that went into it but just could not fit into a theatrical release time.

If you have a 4k TV, esp., OLED, you will be blown away, esp if you don't live in LA and didn't get to see it in a "4D" theater as I did. Also, has been talk of having this movie available on the Oculus-type devices very soon.

I know, people want more info, but I think I've given out as much as I can while still keep job and any future prospects. Get a 4k TV and a 4k blue ray player if you have the monies for it.

A few decent ones for close to £100
>>
Thank you based black studio guy for the scoop on bvs, seriously I mean it
>>
>>71526125
Fucking A right, he's a great Superman. I loved him in both films and I know he'd be great in a straight up MoS sequel.
>>
>>71524522
Please

Why didnt they be more faithful with doomsday design instead of fucking ninja tollbination?

Why was the fight so short? Why wasnt it more brutal?

Why was it so void of snyders style, watchmen is comfy but ifeel like these films fell short specially in showing superman
>>
>>71524522
PLEASE GET SNYDER TO RELEASE THE MAN OF STEEL EXTENDED CUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DrtXthS7bA
>>
>>71534813
Yes! I want this 3 hour version where the fuck is it?
>>
>>71524522
>no tripcode
why?
>>
>>71524522
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>71526682
Fucking this. Well said, anon.
>>
>>71535191
either samefag or retarded.
>>
>>71534936
it's probably nowhere :( all the raw footage has probably been deleted off WB's computers
>>
>>71535191
>you're samefagging
>you're retarded
pick one
>>
Just finished watching this movie and it was awful. Feel like I wasted 4-5 hours of my life, sure the movie was 3 but I need at least 90mins of procrastination half way through to finish it off
>>
>>71535382
have you seen Man of Steel?
>>
>>71535413

Nah, not really a superman fan
>>
>>71535382
>he didn't watch the movie
>>
>>71525960
Not a DCfag but watch the ultimate edition. There's a couple of subplots going on that spell out Superman getting set up as time goes on. The lying niggeress, leglessman, flame thrower guy, branded slaver, they all have a few more moments that flesh out the characters and tell a little more backstory and hint at what's going on. They also add relevance to Lois Lane being such a big part of the beginning of the film.

The theatrical release tosses almost all of this out for Luthor's "hurr durr i set you up and i haev ur mum." moment.

Also Luthor's casting is perfect. His voice, his tone, that empty look in his eyes when he's flipping picks of witch martha. I don't think DC could have cast that one better if they wanted to.
>>
File: Untitled.png (43 KB, 497x332) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
43 KB, 497x332
>>71535452

I really wish i hadn't

going to have marathon the nolan trilogy a few times to wash the memory of this shit out of my mind. BvS is as bad as every Marvel movie, all it's missing is the quips
>>
>>71524756
Tell us about the 100% Terrio version of BvS.
>>
>>71535596
>he thinks DKR is better than BvS
Holy shit no it isn't
>>
>>71526726
Seconding this.
>>
File: 1404743668287-3.jpg (19 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
1404743668287-3.jpg
19 KB, 300x279
>>71530088
Snyder’s thrillingly intelligent use of interior conflict and political antagonism vastly outclasses Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises — all noxious — which were bellwethers of our culture’s decline.

It takes just such dreamlike moral clarity to reprove the Nolan trilogy’s chaos.

Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism. Snyder counters that cultural crisis and (through the script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer) visualizes the millennial moral struggle as pop myth. His essential subject is mankind’s struggle to discover compassion as well as common obligation — or dare I use the non-political term: brotherhood?

The pain of post–9/11 as reflected in Nolan’s Batman films was a paradigm shift. But fantasy cannot conscientiously be enjoyed Nolan’s way, without any sense of social, historical, or moral consequence. Snyder manipulates this new paradigm so that mankind’s sense of mortality is embodied by Batman, Superman, and their arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. (All three characterization performances are, well, perfect.)
>>
>>71526682
You didn't get it.
You're a dimwit if you thought Lex was interested in selling weapons, it is even addressed in the film itself through a conversation between Bruce and Alfred.
It's because of loud imbeciles like you that cinema is being dumbed down.

I could explain you Lex's motivations but you're simply not worth it. I'm simply going to share with you this link that probably won't read and you'll continue spouting your idiotic opinion.

http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
>>
File: images-237.jpg (14 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images-237.jpg
14 KB, 511x288
>>71526726
>Snyder doesn't "get it" like I do
>>
>>71525312
I think that people are dumb, but not in the way you see it.
Most Americans rely on review sites nowadays, they're simply uncapable of forming their own opinions.
If the Ultimate Cut would've been released in theatres untampered reviewers wouldn't have complained about editing and pacing issues, so reviews wouldn't have been as harsh.
Not seeing a 27% aggregate Tomatoscore would've prevented the hate circus on social media sites that the movie provoked.
Internet herd mentality: the 'Snyder is dumb' opinion is simply a meme.
Things are changing now that the UC was released and people are seeing his full vision. Let's hope it's not too late for his JL vision to be dumbed down, seeing the reception of the UC.
>>
File: images-2.jpg (19 KB, 764x401) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
19 KB, 764x401
>>71524522
Two questions:
1. Was there an alternate take of the "MARTHA" scene that, in your opinion, played a lot better?
2. Does Henry browse 4chan?
>>
File: 1451258938582.jpg (61 KB, 634x634) Image search: [Google]
1451258938582.jpg
61 KB, 634x634
>there are people RIGHT NOW on /tv/ who actually like BvS as some intellectual superhero film who ARE NOT ACTIVELY SHITPOSTING at this very time on this current date

I never would have thought that the general population of this board would ever swoop this low. What has this board even come to?
>inb4 LE EVANS POSTER/MARVELKEK IS BACK AT IT AGAIN
I have never claimed and will continue to claim that those films are not "good" movies; they're effective at making money.
>>
>>71531755
Why is the Flash a spic?
>>
File: 1429287625442.png (232 KB, 448x360) Image search: [Google]
1429287625442.png
232 KB, 448x360
>>71536737
maybe you're intellectually inferior and in denial
Either way it'd be better for both if you kindly leave.
>>
File: 1449262130656.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1449262130656.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>71536939
>yes, murderman bashing captain hypocrite with a toilet raises so many incredible points about the nature of life, the role of power, corruption, the loss of innocence, and the aspect of death
>>
>>71537108
no u
>>
>>71536939
"He [Batman] doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go."

-Zack Snyder
>>
File: 1466828385726.jpg (47 KB, 960x733) Image search: [Google]
1466828385726.jpg
47 KB, 960x733
>>71537552
What does that have to do with anything?
Are you seriously considering that your argument?

Maybe too much memeing fried your brain.
>>
Lill yourself to be quite honest
>>
>>71525770
so are you mexican or a sudaca faggot?
>>
>>71537662
wat
>>
>>71537681
so are you a NEET neckbeard or a nigger?
>>
File: both.jpg (42 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
both.jpg
42 KB, 480x336
>>71537739
Does it have to be one or the other?
>>
Is there a cut scene where Lois gets cpr after drowning or something because it's kinda weird how she just wakes up
>>
>>71526637
That's DC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM2b_HBhrps
>>
>Cavill isn't heroic enough

Everyone I know likes Cavill as supes also have u seen the guy in interviews and shit charismatic as fuck if they are that worried write a script where superman is happier
>>
>>71537739
Nice one shitskin,stop pretending.
>>
>>71536407
>Let's hope it's not too late for his JL vision to be dumbed down, seeing the reception of the UC.

Too late. Read the the set visit reports.
>>
what was the moment everyone on the project realized you were working on a slow motion trainwreck?
>>
>>71525312
>This was a chance to take the genre in an entirely new direction, where the films could be "dark" and deal with genuine big philosophical questions.

You are not part of the problem, you ARE the problem you tie-smelling coprophage. The original medium already did this thirty years ago to the eventual detriment of the industry and you're PROUD of being this ignorant of why "realistic" capeshit is an artistic failure.

If you said the same thing about any other genre you'd be told to shut up and go back to craft services before they called security. You are no less deluded than Goyer and Snyder, you complete waste of a nigger. Take your fingersnaps and your problem glasses and get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>71538453

That's what I'm saying!
>>
>>71524522
>AMA
Why Snider hired a anorexic bimbo to play Wonder Woman?
Snyder hate ass women?
He's gay or something?
>>
Why the hell did they think that the "Martha" thing was a good idea?
>>
>>71536710
Not OP but it's obvious he does browse due to that interview when he calls himself a big man at 4:38 kek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDskO7ZrfAA

Very based man
>>
File: 1457731631193.jpg (64 KB, 349x550) Image search: [Google]
1457731631193.jpg
64 KB, 349x550
>>71525036
>wb deserves the thrashing they got after the BvS clusterfuck.

Warner really deserves, why they agreed to hired this ugly skeleton to play Wonder Woman?
>>
File: 1467158300387.jpg (172 KB, 1821x910) Image search: [Google]
1467158300387.jpg
172 KB, 1821x910
>>71540432
so ugly
>>
>>71526414
>No. Everyone, literally everyone, went into this thinking they were making a amazing movie. The money was there, the script, the talent, everything,,,,

You are fucking delusional?
Snyder was the worst name to make this film. And the awful cast, Gadot, Eisenberg, Mamoa
Nothing good could get out of there
>>
>>71526414
>I'd still argue it IS a great movie

If you believe that this movie is great, you are in the wrong business
>>
>>71540791
Mamoa ruined the movie.

3 hours in a row of Mamoa??!?!!?!

FOR WHAT PURPOSE
>>
File: 12557886544.jpg (38 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
12557886544.jpg
38 KB, 570x855
>>71528164
>I'm a black European, anon.

If you are a real black male, what you think about the negative Gadot ass?
>>
I think bvs should be seen as an opera. seriously, some films are so melodramatic they might have more impact if set to opera style singing. I think Night Breed would make a great stage musical. bvs the opera: i would buy a ticket to see that. Can you pass on this observation to anyone, and do you think there is any value in seeing the new film through this lens. will it be operatic, even if less dark?
>>
>>71526426
snyder, head of WB here. we need 4chan to make the movie work. God told me to fire you

thats all folks
>>
>>71526837
sneak into henry cavill's dressing room, take a photo of his underwear. i bet they are superman undies!
>>
>>71533066
The only good thing that Snyder can do well are the extras of his awful films
>>
>>71534936
>Yes! I want this 3 hour version where the fuck is it?

3 hours with more hungry skeleton
>>
>>71536710
I AM NOT THE OP, BUT GADOT SOMETIMES WROTE IN COMICBOOKMOVIE

YOU CAN EASILY FIND THE POST ON WW THREADS
>>
>>71540476
Exactly, to much skinny
thank you
>>
>>71524522
did cavill got to fuck any chick in the production team? is she a qt?
>>
>>71540476
Hot legs desu
>>
>>71541571
Holy shit, really? What would she say? What name would she poster under?
>>
>>71524522
I enjoyed BvS very much. Thank you for your contribution to its creation.
>>
>>71530088
>Fuck you. Chris Nolan grit is cancer when it's not him doing it.

Truer words have never been spoken.
>>
>>71541917
a lot of bullshits
"why you guys not complain about the ww not have only one breast"
"you guys have a small mind" or something like that
curious that "she" wrote in cbm and after a few weeks she gave interviews talking exactly the same things, exactly the same words
>>
>>71526682
>businessman motivation of selling his weapon through fear concocted by fueling fear of superman
that was fucking smoke and mirrors you goddamn idiot

this is fucking address in the relationship between lex and the senator, its the reason she gets blown up because she sees through him

and you're not supposed to drop anything about lex, there's no reason to. lex hates anyone more powerful than him. and how the fuck are any of the ideas he says irrelevant? just by the fact that they show his mindstate they're relevant, and as has been noted, a lot of his dialogue comes back in physical action ie grannys peach tea, "nobody saved me from dad's fists" <superman blocks doomsdays punch
and clark is troubled by the way people are reacting to him, its only after the bomb that he really gets doubtful of his place in the world, which is completely reasonable.

how the fuck do you get off talking about delusion when you can't even connect the dots in the movie

if you want to pseud this hard, /lit/ is just a click away. no movie is obliged to hand a nicely tied package of philosophy to anyone. if if this movie made a point of the selfless sacrifice of clark
>>
>>71524522

how young are you little nigger? having a good summer? fingerfucked any girls yet? how about boys?
>>
>>71530088
>Chris Nolan grit
>chris nolan
>grit

you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>71535497
>His voice, his tone, that empty look in his eyes when he's flipping picks of witch martha
amazing villainous moment, from eisenberg no less
>>
>>71536407
anon, the problem wasn't the 'editing' and 'pacing',

it was people shouting about 'darkness' and 'joyless' 'incomprehensible' all over the place

and yeah, fucking priming and hindsight sight bias twisted the shit

if there's any hope to be had for justice league, social media has to talk about this in a big way "don't hold back on justice league"
>>
>>71542069
Is that what made poeple there suspect it was her? Anything else?
>>
>>71524522
Who came up with the piss scene?
>>
>>71524756
>after how the Bm v. SM performed, the script was "Dumbed Down" considerably
But B v S did very well considering everything.
>>
>>71525995
It's batman V superman not VS, it's supposed to show a fight of ideologies not a physical brawl you idiot.
>>
>>71525995
>lasted 5 minutes
most fights do last around that time, yes

and it was not focused on lois' subplot
it was three less than a minute scenes throughout the theatrical cut
definitely not 'too focused'

and the fight itself was done well from many standpoints, if it fails, it's because the movie prior didn't set up enough tension to be relieved in its resolution

the movie actually did a good job of including everything on the periphery and sometimes focussing on it before making it peripheral again. people criticize this movie for having narrative peripherals which isn't valid
>>
>>71543252
>people criticize this movie for having narrative peripherals which isn't valid
People criticize this movie because you have to use some of your brain while watching it, they were just expecting braindead action scenes all the time.
>>
>>71543319
this is something that irks me as well,
instead of directly stating the subtext of how people 'criticize' the movie,
people just stick to just throwing smart and not smart

i at least try to sort of point out an aspect of the movie, and say that criticisms that just say "bad" "that is not allowed" aren't valid

because that is what the vast majority of the criticism of the movie has been, simplistic and vague adjectives that people have thrown on the movie

its infuriating and also hilarious that people who dive into the movie and dissect it are dismissed while their claims are never challenged with proof

even here, i've only seen one guy ever try to actually study the movie and say why its bad. i didn't agree with him and countered him, but i respected the at least somewhat 'sincere' effort
>>
>>71543495
>because that is what the vast majority of the criticism of the movie has been, simplistic and vague adjectives that people have thrown on the movie
You have been on 4chan for too long, I gave up of talking with normies because whenever they give their opinions it's the worst vague unbacked shit you could ever think of.
>"hey dude ahhh, your hair is weird"
>"why?"
>"I dunno man cause it is"
>"Hyyyy anon look at this new car of mine he's so "reliable" and "economic""
>"really why is that so?"
>"I uhh, well you see because it's economic and smart"
People don't know how to either argument or understand why their opinions are the way they are, they rarely even form their own opinions and just "copy+paste" whatever everyone else is saying.
>>
I'm watching your pretentious piece of shit right now. You think this is any more philosophical than a Marvel movie? It's not. It's just not as well made.
>>
>>71538522
answer the question neckbeard
>>
File: 1396742257109.png (293 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1396742257109.png
293 KB, 848x480
>>71525312
>Are you honestly going to sit and tell me MArvel has been producing qullity material?

Civil War
Iron Man 1
Winter Soilder
>>
>>71525995
>Almost every piece of negativity of BvS is directly aimed at Lex

I really like the movie but Eisenberg really grinds my gears.
>>
>>71544421
>Civil War
>good

Only nerds think this.
>>
>>71525312
whatever, its fine if DC wants to as philosophical shit, but BvS was pretty fucking stupid in its own write, and more pretentious than anything really thoughtful.

The Dark Knight was able to be thoughtful without being up its own as, and it made the action intense, believable, and yada yada yada. That was a risk taking movie. Batman v Superman wasnt a risk, it was fucking guaranteed money. the fact it didnt make money was because it was shit.
>>
>>71525995
Most of the reviews I read enjoyed Lex. I thought he was god awful
>>
>>71526159
People are genuinely retarded online. you have spell shit out for them.
As someone who's said that most of the general moviegoig audience is stupid, I would think youd know this ;^)
>>
>>71532623
You sound like such a deluded dickhead anyway that you pretty much belong on this board.

Oh we should be ever so thankful to hear some lowly crew member jerking off Snyder like so many others on this fucking board.
>>
>>71540351
TROLLING HAPPENS. LETS GET IT GOING LADS
>>
File: bvs.jpg (162 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
162 KB, 600x600
>>71525312

Hey /tv I just took a shit. But wait!
I've thrown in some religious symbolism and reference to old english mythology and made it dark and contrasted so I guess it's not shit now!

>inb4 it's shit
You are just too pleb to understand it.
>>
>>71546020
nice. nevermind all the interconnected ideas of the fall and angels and demons and public perception.

i don't understand why we can't take these things at face value and accept that the movie does play around with certain ideas, for some reason, its threatening to people on this board
>>
>>71546106
No it's not threatening. It's just the reasoning of people who liked this shit revolve around only the symbolism.
The movie was objectively bad. It had bad acting (except maybe Affleck), it was rushed and badly paced and it tried to grab much more as it could handle.
And everyone praising it here because muh symbolism which is so fucking obvious even a 9th grader could understand it. But that's not even the point. Symbolism can be bland and for a capeshit movie it is understandable that the symbolism is obvious.
But symbolism doesn't magically make it a good movie.

The whole movie is about these bland symbols. It's not about the characters or motivations but references. And that's the main reason it's shit. It doesn't tell a proper story, it doesn't display characters.

It's just moves from symbol to symbol. Moves from one philosophical question to another.

You can add symbolism to a Batman&Superman flick because fuck the comics are full of symbolism too. But you can't base your WHOLE movie around them.
>>
>>71546841
none of what you're saying is accurate outside of a bunch of memes and pasta

and don't pull that 'obvious' symbolism bullshit. people keep saying muh superman=jesus when that's not the case at all, clark even has a priest say a few lines at his burial

the fact that you single out the symbolism shows how little thought you've put into this, as that one macro is supposed to be a collection of references and a little explanation for their inclusion in said collection, nothing more.

the movie is about the characters. synder himself said that no one needs to know or notice those things to go along with the narrative of the movie

this symbol to symbol thing you're saying is complete bullshit as well, as few scenes in the movie tip the scales in regards to their focus to visual meaning

none of what you're saying is accurate, save for the acting, but even then there's no way of telling whether you can actually criticize the acting or just say the usual "i don't like this because it fucks with my self insertion so its bad"
>>
>>71547114
>the movie is about the characters. synder himself said that no one needs to know or notice those things to go along with the narrative of the movie

How the fuck can you write that down with a straight face and without cracking up?
It clearly seems the movie put much more work into making visual symbolism than creating relatable and deep characters.

If what you are saying was accurate then people wouldn't constatlyn talk about the symbolism in the movie and would talk about the plot elements or the characters.
But hell even the characters are just symbols in this flick they serve no purpose other than being symbols. Even fucking Luthor says so in the movie.
>>
>>71547241
no one talks about the symbolism as much as you're implying. the only reason people bring it up is to counter the claim that the movie is meaningless
as far as the characters, people do talk about them. but really, what is there to say. even on this board i've never seen anyone really go in on anyone's performance. at most people only talk about moments in general, this movie included. but people do talk about different character interactions

relatable characters is meaningless. no movie should be judged by how relatable any or all of the characters are

luthor doesn't say anything like person = symbol. the only person he somewhat does that with is superman, and even then its because superman's sin 'is existing' as luthor put it
>>
>>71526414
To me (and the people on the production company i work for) MoS was a masterpiece with tons of Nolan's ethos.

BvS was good if seen right after MoS (as it was my case), my question is how influencial do you think the lack of having C. Nolan involved reduced the quality of the editing/pacing and the quality of the story for BvS?

Also, the fight with Zod and the fight with Apocalyse were boring as fuck, we getting more of those?

Finally, how does superman gets revived?
>>
>>71547663
>Finally, how does superman gets revived?
not that guy but it depends on the commentary/meaning they want to play with

the leaks describe a 'journey back' type of scenario but will he brought back to life or put back to life or come back to life. those all are distinct. i suppose someone who knows this shit more than i do and has a better eye could guess what move they pull, although the bvsanon is suggesting a heavy watering down which suggests doing just the bare minimum to connect logistics between both stories
>>
>>71524522
>>>71525036
>>wb deserves the thrashing they got after the BvS clusterfuck
>they really didn't. Are you honestly going to sit and tell me MArvel has been producing qullity material? This was a chance to take the genre in an entirely new direction, where the films could be "dark" and deal with genuine big philosophical questions.

Wow its like Nolan's Batman suddenly never existed. Even fucking XMen did that darker philosophical shit to an extant. If anything Marvel just alleviated the serious tone comic book movies took to try to make themselves seem legit after Batman and Robin.

There's room for both types of movies, it's just that BvS was bad. Just on a bones bare cinematic standpoint. Every scene that was supposed to be dramatic but had no substantial dramatic setup from the writing was shot in slow motion. It's like an author writing everything that's supposed to be dramatic in italics. So many dumb cliche dream sequences where the person (Batffleck) wakes up in the end. So much ham fisted symbolism. Oooooh, the stained glass window in Thomas and Martha Wayne's mausoleum has an angel with red and blue robes, so deep. Everyone randomly starts talking in prose and making these convoluted metaphors for no reason other than to make the film seem brainy.

It's basically Snyder trying to construct this cerebral thriller while not being a very cerebral guy. He's good at "how can I make this look awesome" but not "how can I make this feel awesome"
>>
>>71526007
>why do faggots think that people who notice bvs was a bad movie are automatically marvel shills?
He explained already, it's not about you being a marvel shit, it's you being an idiot preferring quips over anything else.
>>
>>71547918
if i remember right all xmen did was the gay metaphor, never exploring the higher power element
marvel didn't alleviate anything, their approach is all about mass appeal. there's nothing wrong with that

you have no argument. and how are the dream sequences cliche? when was the last time someone had an apocalyptic vision? or dreamt of a monster attacking them from their mother's grave?
and what is he supposed to do? not wake up? are you can't be serious. not of the images are 'ham fisted' either. it's all background stuff that no one is obligated to notice.

and no, everyone doesn't randomly talk in prose. in fact, no one does. lex says some shit about gods and god only because that's the shit going through his head, and it makes sense considering everyone now has a godlike figure among them
>>
>>71525312

Jesus dcuck, at least pretend a little
>>
>>71548132
> how are the dream sequences cliche? when was the last time someone had an apocalyptic vision? or dreamt of a monster attacking them from their mother's grave?

>Seems like a real thing taking place
>All of a sudden something weird and scary happens or someone important gets hurt
>HUUUUUUH person wakes up in a cold sweat
>phew it was only a dream

repeat ad nauseum

> not of the images are 'ham fisted' either. it's all background stuff that no one is obligated to notice.

and yet, plenty of people noticed it. Because it's everywhere.

>and no, everyone doesn't randomly talk in prose. in fact, no one does. lex says some shit about gods and god only because that's the shit going through his head, and it makes sense considering everyone now has a godlike figure among them

Watch it again and every time someone talks ask yourself if anyone would speak like this in real life. Alfred makes this really convoluted mini-speech in the beginning when him and Batman are talking about the concept of Superman. When people refer to Batman or Superman they refer to them in the most roundabout fucking way. There's a scene in the Ultimate Cut where Clark asks a black guy about Batman. He mentions him and yet manages for a full conversation to not call him Batman, instead using metaphors to refer to him and then scratches off a bat-symbol on a scratch-off card to show Clark. It's so goofy. And there's the stilted "Granny's Peach Tea" colloquialism the senator blurts out even though it only sort of had to do with what she was responding to. There are so many examples of this.

And Lex's god/devil speeches drive home the overdone and not so subtle SUPERMAN IS PROBABLY JESUS theme rammed down your throat. It's fucking worse than Matrix Reloaded/Revelations with that shit
>>
>>71540845
If you actually think he's in that business, you're the one that's wrong.
>>
>>71524522

I loved the movie, especially the extended edition. I think it gets a lot of undeserved flak and should have done better than it did.

My question: what the fuck were they thinking casting Ezra Miller as not only the Flash, but with a mustache and ponytail?

Also, why did they portray the Flash sequence as a dream? He can only go back in time to people's dreams? It just doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>71548417
the guy is depicted as someone who's fucked on the inside, presenting him as someone who has dreams and pops pills when he wakes up is reasonable

who noticed it? only the people interested in the movie, and everyone only noticed it after to talk shit.
that line by alfred is reasonable. he succinctly gives his observation of bruce. people say that kind of thing, yes, depending on context circumstance, background, and demographics. that's the only line alfred has like that

people refer to batman and superman in different ways because they don't have public identites. that is to say, they don't present themselves with nametags that state the name they want people to use. its a way of playing with the way the public would interact with those two figures. 'superman' is what the public names clark, 'batman' 'the bat' etc etc is how people refer to batman. complaining about this is a nonargument. and about that old dude..... i mean shit i've experienced weirder things. i don't know. i don't know whether or not people in kentucky actually use that saying. 'only sort of' she directly ties it up to what's happening, directly telling luthor that she sees through his shit. how is this an argument.

the movie is not saying superman is literally jesus. clark's mom wears a cross necklace even though she's had a literal alien son for more than thirty years. the comment the movie is making is selflessness = divine good.

it's a parallelism, not a moment of equating one person to the other
>>
>>71524522
how satisfied is terrio with the way bvs turned out?
>>
>>71548417
>> not of the images are 'ham fisted' either. it's all background stuff that no one is obligated to notice.

There is stuff like the shot of Superman, with the sun behind him, floating above as the woman reaches out to be saved. Its a reference to savior imagery but in context of the movie he is not saving her quickly, just floating there while she begs.
>>
OP write a lot of shit and never proved who he claims to be
>>
>>71551509
if someone would look through any bts shit for any male with the semblance of humans descended from modern africa
lol why the fuck did he drop that info while being all paranoid
>>
>>71525995
>>71525995

why did you hire fucking Jesse Eisenberg as Lex?
>>
DCEU started on the wrong foot
with the wrong director
the wrong cast
with the wrong view
an event like crisis could reset this poor and awful universe the way the fans want
>>
>>71551734
i'm fine with what is going right now. it has all favorite elements of vol 1 of ultimates but of course, dc and live action
at most i'd tweak it
i do think they're on the right path but not there yet as far as the potential out of the combination of setting + storytelling.
>>
>>71524522
god this movie fucking sucked.
>>
>>71551975
Dude the Ultimates was utter shit. The only good thing to come from the Ultimate universe was Ultimate Spider-man.
>>
>>71552368
yeah i guess. portrayal of early 2000s teen life is cool i guess.
oh wait, i know:

i disagree, and i think i'm right so i hope my point of view is reflected by the future movies

yeah..... yeah that's it
>>
File: Ultimates_2_Vol_1_1.jpg (131 KB, 500x776) Image search: [Google]
Ultimates_2_Vol_1_1.jpg
131 KB, 500x776
>>71552368
Ultimate Volume 1 and 2 are classics

The Marvel universe movie was created from there
>>
>>71541073
A universe that begins with this can not work
>>
Is OP still here?
>>
>>71553610
>those comics are above and beyond what came to be in the mcu
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.