[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 319x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 319x461
Is this movie good?
>>
>>71515025
yeah
>>
Nah.
>>
>>71515025
Nope, looks like an action film, is a really slow boring art film.
>>
It really isn't
eventho it looks cool as fuck, its a big waste of time.
>>
>>71515080
>>71515155
>>71515159
>>71515168

you sicken me
>>
>>71515025
Definitive Norsekino.
>>
>>71515278
Your taste sickens me.
>>
On the heels of Mads Mikkelsen playing a Sarmatian ranger in King Arthur, you think you're about to get more of the same only as an Odin-praising Viking.

Instead you get a slow-dragging arthouse film with gay Crusader boat rape and Knights in the United States.
>>
yes, if you don't mind slow paced kino
>>
What's the name of this film, though?
>>
>>71515424

its a kino, not a film
>>
File: best poster ever.jpg (97 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
best poster ever.jpg
97 KB, 500x594
>>71515278
fuck off
>>
Mads doesn't say a word, but I loved it.
>>
Not really, cool visuals but that's about it.
>>
I didn't really enjoy it until my second time viewing it. The first time I saw it was an experience though, and it felt like it only lasted like 20 minutes. My second viewing I absorbed a lot more from the visual story telling and I really appreciated it. Everyone should see it just to experience it whether they like this type of story or not.
>>
Decent. The colour grade masking is pretty bad but there the rest looks good. The shot where he breaks a guy's neck with the rope was really well done.
>>
No it's pleb bait like the rest of his movies.

>This New World-as-cesspool segment grows more abstract and more stultifying to sit through, but from the volume of the soundtrack and the amount of slo-mo utilized, one gathers that it’s meant to be the apex of the movie’s head-trippiness. Though Malick and Herzog in The New World and Aguirre, respectively, dealt with nominally similar material in idiosyncratic ways, Refn’s avowed inspiration here is Kubrick’s 2001, which perhaps partially explains his disinterest in context, not to mention whys and wherefores. He’s stuck somewhere between extended history’s-mysteries reenactment and totemic science fiction, lost in a generic no-man’s-land.
>>
>>71515025
It's a mix between Aguirre Wrath of God, Stalker and The Vikings (1958). One of my favourites of Refn.
>>
I don't do drugs anymore but I can only imagine it would be one hell of an experience to do some while watching this kino
>>
>>71515025
Shit.
>>
>>71515025
If you consider good a movie where there's like an half an hour long scene made just of people looking at each other while sitting on a boat in the dark, then yeah it's good
>>
>>71517884
that scene was NUTS. really made you feel how alone they were and just how long they were drifting in the fog.
>>
>>71515025
Not really.
>>
it looks very good, and it is a bit interesting but its one of those movies that could have been great but ends up slightly above average. give it a chance if you have nothing else to watch, its not like it lasts that long anyway.
>>
>>71515025
yes
>>
>based rwfn
>based Mads
>based weekings

What's not to love?
>>
>tfw you relate to one eye more than you care to
>>
For me its one of mads' worst movies,its fucking boring.
>>
>>71515025
It's Refn
of course it's good

>>71519543
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71515025
>movie
>cinématographie
>>
>>71515025
>Love history
>Have a fascination for early medieval period.
>Have tons of books, fiction and non-fiction on Anglo-Saxons, Vikings, Franks, Lombards etc
>All films/TV shows on them are shit

Why can't anyone make a good fucking film?
>>
>>requires gud snacks , long bong hits to really appreciate the cinematography ur gf will kill u before this movie ends.71515025
>>
>>71515025
Yes. The story is intense, but it's glacially paced. It's very well executed though, and in typical Refn style the violence is brutal. I honestly think this is his best looking film, the landscapes are gorgeous and the bursts of color are sharp. I'm not too well read on Nordic mythology, but the story of Odin is interesting. It's my favorite Refn
>>
>>71515025
True kinography.
Literally a pleb detector film. If you don't like it, you are a pleb, simply as that.
>>
>>71515336
your face stiffens me,faggot.
>>
Worse Refn kino.
>>
Hangover movie. It's great.
>>
>>71515025
Wonderful prole detector like the rest of refn's """"work""""

Only proles and stoners defend his empty tripe
>>
>>71515527
that poster is fucking awful
it makes you expect a 300-Bravehearth crossover
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.