[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBG U_VTHEJA >Everyone f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: budlight-equal-pay-hed-2016.png (343 KB, 652x367) Image search: [Google]
budlight-equal-pay-hed-2016.png
343 KB, 652x367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBGU_VTHEJA

>Everyone from ad agencies to the U.S. women's soccer team are bringing to light the vital issue of equal pay for women, and now, it's Bud Light's turn. Amy Schumer and Seth Rogen discuss the ridiculousness of the gender pay gap in the brand's latest ads from Wieden + Kennedy New York.

>According to the latest U.S. Census report, women who work nine-to-five jobs only make 79 cents to every dollar men make. And, as Amy Schumer points out in the ad, women also are often charged more for the same goods, like cars, dry cleaning and shampoo. However, "Bud Light costs the same no matter if you're a dude or a lady," Schumer says.
>>
>>71509940
A fucking white male should stop working so hard. Try being a bum, garden, work part time, givenofucks.
>>
>>71509940
>And, as Amy Schumer points out in the ad, women also are often charged more for the same goods, like cars, dry cleaning and shampoo.
About as true as the pay gap.
>>
>likes/dislikes turned off
>comments turned off
lol they don't realize when you do this it means you're admitting what you're spewing is complete bullshit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWBXbGVyQU
>>
File: 1462163681354.png (9 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1462163681354.png
9 KB, 645x773
>women also are often charged more for cars

what?
>>
>>71510611
>Amy Schumer
Have you seen Amy Schumer? She needs twice the car, drycleaning and shampoo of a normal person.
>>
File: socialjw.png (378 KB, 506x443) Image search: [Google]
socialjw.png
378 KB, 506x443
While i discuss the gender pay gap with my Hebrew friend i like to quench my thirst with a bud lightâ„¢ .
Nothing says leftism like mindless consumerism .
Dont forget to vote for Hillary, the only candidate funded by wall street, she fights for the little people, this time the oligarchy has a vagina.
>>
File: 123412341243.jpg (26 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
123412341243.jpg
26 KB, 460x460
>>71509940
Wow,so you're telling me if I go to a shop in America and pick up a bottle of pic related, and a women picks up the exact same brand of shampoo, the store will charge her more?

WTF AMERICA??
>>
>ratings and comments disabled

it is like they knew but still want to make this shitty ad
>>
>>71510683
As with the gender pay gap stat, it's misleading at best. Things targeted towards women often cost more, for various reasons. They're not actively charging women more for the same products.
>>
>paid less
Nope. lie.
>get everything bought for them anyway
Can't address this though.

As if slutty Amy Schumer buys her own drinks in bars, hah.
>>
>>71510747
>things marketed to women cost more than things marketed to men!
>instead of just ignoring the flowers on the packaging we are going to complain about it!!!!1
its autism
>>
>>71510683
Men are more likely to engage in bartering than women. Or that's the idea anyway, I have no idea if that's actually true, I come from a family where its the opposite
>>
>>71510814
Woman are more likely to get freebie discounts on expensive objects because the dealer wants her phone number.
>>
File: 23412412341.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
23412412341.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>>71510683
>cars
"Why am I paying more for a product that has it's final price determined by how well I can haggle? SEXISM!"

>dry cleaning
"Why am I paying more to have clothes that are objectively more delicate and difficult to clean washed?? SEXISM!"

>shampoo
"Why am I paying more for fucking brand name bullshit that I don't actually need?? SEXISM!"
>>
In most industries it is fairly bad that men (on average) are paid more than women.

There are plenty of industries where it's a complete non-issue and basically just a bunch of greedy 3rd wavers trying to get more money. Actors, for example, are going to be paid on their selling power, not because they have a penis or a vagina. Jessica Chastain isn't selling tickets to The Martian (particularly when she's in it for like 15 minutes), Matt Damon may be.
>>
I always under the impression that the wage gap was a pretty murky subject due to factors such as Position, senority, etc. If the whole 79 cents to $1 was true then companies should be hiring nothing but women now since they're cheaper than their male counter parts. It seems like there's a fair few women out there that don't really know how to negotiate their salaries. I ain't saying that they're bad because of it they just don't do it for reason or another.

You know what, I wouldn't mind the idea if they introduced some classes in schools that teach kids how to barter and negotiate when it comes to money. It'd be a pretty useful skill for them to have and it'd do them alot better in the long run than just upping up salaries.
>>
File: mood.gif (353 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
mood.gif
353 KB, 200x200
>>71509940
I posted that on pol the other day

it was a good thread
>>
>>71510917
Schools are too busy teaching us truly more important things that we can actually use in life practically, like algebra and book reports!
>>
>>71510917
the 79 cents on the dollar stat is absolute trash. It literally just takes the average wage of all women and pits it against the average wage of all men. It doesn't account for job position, experience in the field, prior education, actual hours worked or negotiations for pay rises.

The only thing it tells you is that the average woman makes less than the average man. It provides absolutely no clear answers into why that is. So obviously rather than engage in the scientific process and do more studies focusing on more specific things, people just fill in the blanks with what they FEEL is correct.
>>
>>71510683
>women dont know anything about cars
>both a stereotype and absolutely true
>so dealers/mechanics spout buzzwords and shit to jack up prices
sounds fair enough to me
i probably get shafted on stuff like getting haircuts or buying shoes
>>
>>71509940
LIKES/DISLIKES AND COMMENTS DISABLED

IF YOU'RE TELLING THE TRUTH, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO HIDE, BUD?
>>
>>71510908
The wage-gap meme just comes from shit like comparing $25-30/hour you'd get working on an oil rig (male job) to a $15-20/hour as a receptionist. Extreme physical labor and greater chance of bodily harm or death vs. cozy air conditioned job filing papers
>>
>>71509940
>Amy Schumer and Seth Rogen discuss the ridiculousness of the gender pay gap in the brand's latest ads from Wieden + Kennedy New York.
Yeah it's so ridiculous it's like it's not even real :^)
>>
>>71511199
When I got fitness tested for my job, the men had to hold a riot shield up at an angle for 1 minute 30 seconds.. the women only had to do it for 1 minute.
Same job, same pay, same role.
>>
>>71511334
Women are also less likely to get the jobs you're talking about for exactly that reason.

I work in construction and in my 7 years with my company we have yet to hire a woman for any job that involves physical labour. Once when we were out of control we got some subbies in to help with lifts. One was a ripped dyke that refused to help the lads with a lift. Next day we told her to piss off. Haven't made that same mistake since.

Anyway, my point is women are far less likely to get physical jobs over men. If they do get hired they shouldn't get paid less; the employer SHOULD BE taking them on because they're the best candidate.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.