[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>trailers and promos paint him as the first black main character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
>trailers and promos paint him as the first black main character of a Star Wars movie, think he will be the lead
>he turns out to be a bumbling buffoon sidekick and the real hero is a white Anglo Saxon woman

Why was this allowed?
>>
>>71505189
Because a galaxy far far away is actually hell
>>
File: image.jpg (349 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349 KB, 820x820
>>71505189
because Boyaga was endearing and likeable.
>>
Because no matter how much the people in charge will force niggers into leads, they will never be truly accepted as anything but sidekicks ;)
>>
>>71505358
Don't like what I don't!

>>71505189
Hey, at least it wasn't like they took a white character and turned him black for whatever reason.

Anybody see that Uncle Buck tv show, what the hell?
Uncle Buck is black now?
>>
>>71505358
This.

I really enjoyed him. Couldn't stand the bitch who played rey.
>>
He was a fun character, probably one of the best in the film, but his character arc made no sense.
>>
I really related to Finn because both of us are autistic.
>>
>>71506506
this
>>
Fucking Boyega. Hated him in Attack the Block and wasn't expecting much. He did briliantly in TFA.

Its a shame his story is going to be 'black guy frees the slaves' for the rest of the series.
>>
>>71505358
kindaa fits. he was just nigger monkey comedy relief
>>
I know I am gonna take a lot of shit for this but he was one of the only characters that was interesting, other being Kylo Ren and the only lovable character in the movie.

He seemed to be the only one who "cared".
>>
>>71506395
I could stand her, but was disappointed at how they characterized her.
She spends her life in a hellish, tortured existence and at the beginning we see her noticing the old woman scavenger, who Rey is seemingly destined to become. She has NOTHING. No friends, money or entertainment.

Suddenly she is fucking flying around the GALAXY with famous war heroes and she finds herself embroiled in the absolute most important mission in the Galaxy, but she's still whining and saying she wants no part in it. The famous Han Solo offers her a meaningful future, but she wants to go HOME.

WHY, YOU BITCH? You think in your twenties the "family" who abandoned you will suddenly return? "Oops, forgot I left Rey on that planet. Should probably go get her"
>>
>>71507425
He was really likable.

No idea what the hell you are referring to, though. Black guy frees the slaves?

Is he going to save the Stormtroopers or something?
The idea that some of them may not like what the are doing is sad, when you picture how many of them get blown the fuck up.
And if he's the only one who has the willpower to break his conditioning, it makes zero sense.
>>
>>71508803
The hope of her family returning is all she had for years. You think just because someone promises her adventure she's going to drop the one thing she believed in?
>>
>>71505189
Because even black men look foolish compared to the competence of a female
>>
>>71505189
most SJW's are white women who pretend to defend minorities because they hate white men so much
if they had to pick between a black protagonist and a white female protagonist, they will ignore the black guy any day of the week
>>
>>71508677
I liked Poe too, and they were pretty great together. One of my favorite feel-good moments from the film was when he reunited with Poe and gave him a big ole hug. A fat smile was on my face.
>>
File: image.png (714 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
714 KB, 1136x640
>>71505343
>>
>>71505189
White women are more oppresed than black men
>>
>>71505189
Did you see how apeshit people went about having females leading the new Ghostbusters? When they made Boyega the lead, people went apeshit and then when Rey turned out to be the lead people kind of went "oh it's not so bad", it was a way to get people okay with it by allowing people to pick the idea they were more okay with.
>>
>>71505189
reshoots

the internet hate machine heard about boyega before they were finished shooting.
cue all that racism, cuckoldry etc etc etc
studio freaks
turn boyegas character into star wars house nigger.

thats my theory anyway
>>
>>71508901
she behaves like a 6 year old. shes fucking retarded
>>
File: 1465851002750.jpg (74 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1465851002750.jpg
74 KB, 657x527
>>71509079

>cucks actually believe this
>>
>>71505189
whats wrong with his nose?
>>
>>71508901
No, that is fair. Very reasonable to think, but once she hits the outside world her thoughts should balance out. She can't keep thinking NOW they'll come and get me.

Although I get it- in that situation, if I suddenly left Jakku, my first thought would be "Oh shit, what if they show up now??"

That being said, if I was given a lightsaber by Fate and told I'm destined for something greater, I hope I'd go with it.

Especially after I though the thing and I get dozens of visions aimed directly at me
>>
>>71509079
And white men are more oppressed than black men.

What's your point?
>>
>>71509624
*Especially after I touch the thing
>>
>>71505358
This is a racism against wookies.
>>
Why was Rey so good at flying the Millennium Falcon if she'd never even seen it before
>>
File: Its the force.jpg (93 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
Its the force.jpg
93 KB, 720x479
>>71510219
the force
>>
>>71508866
>No idea what the hell you are referring to, though. Black guy frees the slaves?

I think he means he is going to free his fellow mind controlled storm troopers.
>>
>>71505189
He was still out of all 3 the best character, by virtue of having a lot more screen time than Poe. Poe would probably come out on top, but probably because he's so godamn good looking, and has more acting experience.

>>71508997
This. The chemistry between the two is tremendous.

Dare I say I think it's better than the Luke/Han one?

In any case, looking forward to seeing more of the two figthing together.
>>
>>71509010
Kek
>>
Because he is the niggerest nigger ever nigged

No one minded Samuel L Jackson
No one minded Lando

It's not racism, well it is I guess, but just look at him
>>
>>71510319
What? Doesn't the next movie have him doing shit with some chubby asian chick?

More likely it'll be.
>Fin goes full Rebels
>kills Stormtroopers by the hundreds
>gets a final fight with Phasma 1v1
>>
>>71508677
No, you are correct. Why did you like Kylo Ren and Finn? Because they actually had character flaws, unlike Mary Sue
>>
>>71509641
>people actually believe this
>>
>>71505189
>literally the only fun character in the movie besides the original cast
>still bitching
I'm glad he's not the jedi of this series because then he'd probably be stupidly boring. Currently he was the best new character.
>>
>>71511604
I dare anyone of you fags to go into a real irish pub and loudly state that white men have never been oppressed.
>>
File: ROFLMBO.gif~c200.gif (38 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ROFLMBO.gif~c200.gif
38 KB, 200x200
>>71505343
Oh God, my sides!
>>
>>71505189
>Expected Boyega to be blatant Gary Stu to appease BLM and Americucks in general
>Turned out to be the exact opposite and now he'll probably be gay for that Poe character

Pretty surprising desu
>>
>>71505189
He is now the "diversity" guy, so the role is going to make him rich.
>>
>>71511905
Rey is the fucking mary sue cause they don't wanna piss of feminists
>>
>>71505358
Why do I keep seeing people gushing about him here? Is it just one guy?

Boyega was fine but nothing incredible and his character was shoddily written.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.