[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Four tours of duty >Two Silver Star Medals >Five
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 12
File: american-sniper-cooper.jpg (112 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
american-sniper-cooper.jpg
112 KB, 612x380
>Four tours of duty
>Two Silver Star Medals
>Five Bronze Star Medals
>One Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
>Two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals
>Shot in the back by a fellow American on American soil
>>
>>71504725
Why did that guy shoot him? Envy?
>>
>xXx_ChRiS_KyLe_xXx has joined the server.
>>
He was a sociopath who enjoyed killing every single person he did only because he literally enjoyed ending people's lives.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
>>
>>71504742
the dude had severe ptsd and Chris Kyle that it would be a good idea to take him to a gun range
>>
>>71504758
This. His only regret was that he "didn't kill more."

But everyone worships psychos now.
>>
>>71504783
>>71504802
PTSD is such a fucking copout. Back in the day real men did not get PTSD. They smoke and drank and fucked whores.
>>
That he had all these accolades, yet still felt the need to pad out his biography with flagrant and in some cases slanderous bullshit, speaks volumes of his character.
>>
>>71504742
Chris Kyle was trying to train him to be one of those responsible gun owners you hear Fox News talking about all the time
>>
>>71504802
well maybe if Chris Kyle had had a gun he would've been able to defend himself
>>
>>71504742

He was running a school for people with PTSD and the guy was a total headcase and thought the government was after him. They went to the range and he shot him and took off in his truck.

He was not quite as perfect as the movie showed him, he lied quite a bit, he told reporters he climbed to the top of the Superdome during the katrina flooding and was shooting looters, and he told reporters whenever he was pulled over by a cop he would hand them a card with a phone number and there would be a message from the government saying "Stop. This man is a national treasure and one of the greatest warriors to ever fight for America, whatever you think he has done let him go immediately and do not interfere with whatever he is doing".

Just random stupid obvious lies. There is a bunch of other stuff.
>>
Can someone tell me whether or not he actually shot some looters in New Orleans during the Katrina-aftermath or is that just hearsay? Or was that one of the coolguy embellishments he came up with in his stories?
>>
>>71504845
>I fall for propaganda from the olden days: the post
>>
>>71504893

No he made that up. One of his many fabrications.

He did a lot of real stuff, but he lied a lot too.

He's like Steven Segal if half of Segals stuff was true.
>>
>>71504907
kill yourself retard
>>
>>71504893
it's not something that can be proven and the government wouldn't want to uncover something like this happening anyway. who is to say though. there was a lot of murders in post katrina new orleans that will never be solved or linked to anyone
>>
>>71504845
people have suffered from PTSD since people first started fighting each other. have you been in combat?
>>
>>71504941
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_stress_reaction
>>
>>71504845
Yes they did. They called it shellshock and there have been records of it for literal millennia.
>>
File: booker t.0.jpg (27 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
booker t.0.jpg
27 KB, 720x480
>FIVE TIME
>FIVE TIME
>FIVE TIME
>FIVE TIME
>FIVE TIME WCW CHAMPION
>>
reminder that nobody posting with proper capitalization has been here longer than 4 years
>>
>>71504893
Was a lie:

His lies:
>He did not snipe looters from the top of the Superdome in the aftermath of Katrina
>He did not kill two carjackers
>He did not punch Jesse Ventura, nor did Ventura make disparaging comments about Seals
>He lied about how many medals he has receivced
>He lied about how much of his book proceeds went to wounded vets, etc.

Probably lied about kills to get more confirmed kills, too. He was planning his book and public fame before he even retired.

He is a piece of shit of the highest order
>>
>>71504750
>xXx_ChRiS_KyLe_xXx has joined the server.

xXx_ChRiS_KyLe_xXx has been kicked
>>
>>71504725
You forgot

>compulsive liar
>psychopathic
>>
memes aside is this worth watching?
>>
>>71504932
Is Seagal a better sniper though?
>>
File: 1464183219650.webm (741 KB, 352x262) Image search: [Google]
1464183219650.webm
741 KB, 352x262
>>71505127
Did Chris Kyle ever do THIS?
>>
>>71505109
it's one of those movies that's only worth seeing in theaters if you work with a bunch of dullards and have to have something to talk about
>>
>>71505109
no
>>
>>71504725

wtf i hate muslims now
>>
>>71505109
the action is good, story is sappy
>>
>>71505145
a GOD
>>
>>71505109
its worth watch ironically
>that montage of his funeral at the end
comedy platinum
>>
>>71504725
Kyle was trying to bond with him but the other guy was paranoid and violent.
>>
>>71505109

ehhh its pretty bad, it's maybe a 5/10 because of some good action sequences, everything else is garbage.
>>
>>71505165
>>71505171
>>71505195

yeah but does it portray him correctly and without bias? or is it leaning to some side like murica and freedom, did nothin wrong etc
>>
>tfw your main man Jesse drains the widow of the man who talked shit about him
Good feels all round. Chris Kyle learned the hard way that even an untimely death isn't enough to hide you from the truth.
>>
>>71505171
note that this is only true if you're an insufferable jon stewart liberal

the entire movie is just extremely dumb
>>
>>71505109
Yeah
Interesting take on Kyle

Most neutral movie Clint Eastwood has made in a while to be honest and didn't put too many lies in just the facts(like his kill count and medals)
>>
>>71505109
I liked it, I don't understand why people say this movie portrayed him as a hero. The film shows him as deeply flawed but well intentioned.
>>
>>71505216
i don't know desu. i was just watching it in the background when it came on hbo. kind of tuned in and out
>>
>>71505243
>>71505300
cool thanks senpaitachi
>>
>>71504932

Which is bizarre, his real resume hardly needed any embellishment.
>>
>>71505109

No, it's boring and cliched and I started skipping through it towards the end because it was so asinine.
>>
>>71505109

FAKE BABY
>>
>>71505109

It was entertaining enough, and definitely well made. However, I didn't think it was worthy of all the praise it received.
>>
>>71505145
solid shooting steve
>>
>>71505395
>didnt even focus on the movie
This is why /tv/ is going down the drain
>>
>>71504758
>>71504839
Not to defend him, but he was a complicated guy. I don't believe he was a true sociopath because his book and various interviews with him seem to indicate that he loves his wife and kids, and that he generally likes people. His attitude toward the Iraq War was fucked up though. It was basically "They're evil, so it is my personal duty to kill them all no matter the cost."

He also had a very poor reputation in the SEAL Teams. He was described as a good SEAL, but a very shitty person.
>>
>>71505216
His own biography doesn't portray him without bias and the movie is a highly exaggerated version of that. If you get a copy of the movie I'd recommend watching his four tours and nothing else. Fast forward through the beginning, it isn't true. Fast forward through all of his time with his girlfriend/wife. Just go for the action scenes. All in all it isn't worth watching.
>>
>>71505702
He's like a soldier from a different era. It wasn't that long ago that gleefully killing lots of enemy soldiers without regret was considered heroic.
>>
>>71505872
That's a really good way to put it. I found his book fascinating because he was so shamelessly bloodthirsty, yet on some levels he's just a regular guy. It was a bizarre story.
>>
>>71505872
"He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him."
>>
>>71506026
He strikes me as a Mongol (I don't mean that in an offensive way). The Mongols, under Genghis, believed that it was their inherent god given right to conquer the world by any means necessary. This usually meant violently disposing of anyone in their way. However, the Mongolians got along quite well among themselves and were nice to each other. Up until Genghis died, anyway.
>>
>>71504882
>a message from the government saying "Stop. This man is a national treasure and one of the greatest warriors to ever fight for America, whatever you think he has done let him go immediately and do not interfere with whatever he is doing".
What the fuck
>>
>>71504725
Pretty sure The Intercept recently found out that he has about half the medals he bragged about.
>>
>>71505216
it's about as impartial as a juba comic
>>
>sniper gets a ton of kills
>Americans consider this impressive

It's literally just point and click. Call me when someone gets all those medals using a proper melee weapon
>>
this guy killed so many innocent people

karma got him. the movie is just propoganda to glorify this scum
>>
File: Lone-Survivor-poster-620x918.jpg (157 KB, 620x918) Image search: [Google]
Lone-Survivor-poster-620x918.jpg
157 KB, 620x918
American Sniper vs. Lone Survivor who wins in a 1v1?
>>
File: 1467202401635.jpg (9 KB, 262x206) Image search: [Google]
1467202401635.jpg
9 KB, 262x206
>>71506699
>>71506300
I don't understand these tards that watched this movie/pretended to watch it and walk away thinking he was glorified in any way.

If you think he was "glorified" in this movie, you probably think Johnny Cash was "glorified" in Walk The Line.
>>
A judge rescinded the Jesse Ventura verdict recently. Are you ready to see the body go to jail for talking shit?
>>
>>71506699
>sandniggers
>innocent
baka desu senpai
>>
I've only read one review that viewed The entire Chris Kyle mythos as bullshit. Everyone else just heaped praise on the director and the actor, what was strange is how Chris kyles "kill 'em all" attitude and phrases were given to other characters in the book, and he became this "American Pie" cowboy with a doe look in his eyes. I wonder why they left out him finding European made WMDs in Iraq (his words) or punching out Scruff face.
>>
>>71506791
Lone Survivor was much better. Clint has this terrible habit of selecting absolutely dog shit supporting characters. All the guys in Lone Survivor were really good.
>>
>>71506699
>glorified
>literally paints him as an unfeeling psychopath
>literally shows him as being useless at everything except killing
>literally shows him denying the stress he's under because he loves the attention he gets for being good at his job
>>
>>71504845

> Battle Fatigue
> Shell Shock
> Bullet Wind
> Solders heart

A rose by any other name. Becoming unhinged in war is as old as war itself. It's alluded to in fucking the Epic of Gilgamesh for fuck sake.
>>
>>71504845
Back in the days of sword and shield men got a proper nights sleep, breakfast, and plenty of time to prepare themselves. Modern combat you are constantly in danger, always worried something might happen, and you are not standing with your comrades in close formation for support.

Modern combat is much more horrifying and stressful than any combat throughout history.
>>
>>71504725
this is why we should ban guns in our country
>>
>>71504758
Sociopath here. He wouldn't have enjoyed killing anybody. He just wouldn't have had any remorse about it.

t. sociopath
>>
>>71506176
The dude was a total sociopath. There is no such thing. And the shooting civilian looters from atop the superdome completely violates posse comitatus and would put him and whoever ordered him to do it in federal prisoon for life.
>>
>>71504845
>Back in the day we were ignorant about mental illnesses and proud!
I wonder why men keep killing themselves in such high numbers.
>>
>>71504845
what a stupid fucking post
kill yourself you retard
>>
File: american sniper.jpg (824 KB, 720x5442) Image search: [Google]
american sniper.jpg
824 KB, 720x5442
>>71504725
>>
>>71505702
He was a dumb redneck psychopath that got off on killing folks and profusely lied about events for personal gain. There is nothing complicated about it. In the end, he recieved his reward, whether you believe in karmic justice or the outright stupidity of putting a loaded firearm into the hands of a PTSD ridden, paranoid nut.
>>
>>71504839
Meanwhile the White Death's response to being the greatest sniper in the history of mankind.

>When asked if he regretted killing so many people, he said, "I only did my duty, and what I was told to do, as well as I could."
>>
>>71510373
Simo a true legend.
>>
>>71506791
American Sniper and Lone Survivor vs Sniper: Special Ops.

How long can the two stay alive?
>>
>>71510400
>>71510373
It makes me sad that I'll never be as good as these people...

I don't wanna risk my life, but my ancestry was a bunch of warriors and I don't wanna spoil that in any way.
>>
>>71505063
Why would you even admit to killing looters? Wouldn't most of that stuff allow the state to arrest him for manslaughter?
>>
>>71506699

Fuck off raghead, he followed UN SOP's to the letter, otherwise he'd be in jail.

Something which all you ragheads never do btw, but your good for crying on the internet about how evil everyone else is.
>>
>>71510473
i should've saved the shoop where he had katanas and sunglasses
>>
>all this terrorists lovers

wew i bet you also hate jack bauer
>>
>>71504845
The most decorated American soldier in history ended up killing himself after a long struggle with PTSD.

Gonna tell me that Audie Murphy wasn't a real man?
>>
>be American
>get shot
That's pretty much normal though.
>>
>>71507175
555comeonnow.jpg
>>
>>71504845
Also beat their kids and wives, but I guess that's cool for you.
>>
>>71504882
he was a huge drunk and he used his street cred to get off
>>
>>71510720
but adie murfee wasnt 360scoping bitches like crish
>>
Didn't I just read that, according to the Navy, he was lying about his medal count?
>>
>>71510720
Audie Murphy didn't kill himself
>>
>>71504725
>go to america
>get shot

when will this meme end?
>>
>>71504845
ww1 had the worst cases of PTSD in history
>>
>>71507175
lindybeige pls go
>>
How can all these old men have PTSD if the internet wasn't even freely to them?
>>
>>71506791
Lone Survivor, duh. He's a survivor, no matter how badly he gets fucked up he'll always survive.
>>
>>71510373
Are soldiers the only people who benefit from being manlets?
>can hide better
>can comfortably fit inside military vehicles
>less likely to die from artillery shrapnel
>>
It's like poetry.
>>
>>71510373
bloody madman
>>
File: 1466177822325.png (68 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
1466177822325.png
68 KB, 1024x749
>>71510373
>>
>>71504882
My friend was a corps scout sniper and was posted up during Katrina, though he didn't shoot anyone.

He did see some weird shit though, like NOPD grabbing a looter and tossing him in the trunk of their patrol car and driving off, lol.
>>
>>71512974
Why did they have snipers posted during Katrina?
>>
>>71504758

Everyone who joins special forces or swat enjoys killing.
>>
>>71507745

No, edgelord. He was a psychopath. Psychopaths do enjoy hurting other people.
>>
File: No Name on the Bullet.jpg (198 KB, 745x584) Image search: [Google]
No Name on the Bullet.jpg
198 KB, 745x584
>>71504725

Audie Murphy > This cunt
>>
>>71506000

Did Kyle write it himself?
>>
>>71504742
>The official story is that he was hanging out with veterans suffering from PTSD as a means of helping them cope with their condition as he has been what they were through and can relate better than the average therapist, he took one guy to a shooting range to chill and plink for the day, apparently the guy got triggered and shot Kyle.

>The true story they don't want you to know, is that it was an assassination. You see, Kyle set up a private military company named craft international, who are recognisable by their symbol which is the punisher skull. Kyle left Craft for unknown reasons. When the Boston bombing happened, images of groups of craft members loitering around the grounds of the marathon became public, leading many to believe that the bombing was a false flag orchestrated by unkown forces, but executed by craft, who are for all intents and purposes a mercenary group. Only a few months later Kyle was killed. It's a common belief that he left craft after fearing they were becoming too shady. Craft feared he might spill the beans after the images were released, and had him killed by one of the veterans he was helping, there's a lot of eveidence to suggest he was also a member of craft.

Bradley Cooper met Chris Kyle many times before the bombing and the movie. Cooper also gave a speech after the bombing. Many people believe cooper is intrinsically tied to the conspiracy, and the movie was made to spread the story of Kyles death being a freak incident.
>>
>>71504873
Everyone had guns. It was a gun range.
>>
>>71504725
Good. Dude was an idiot.
>>
>>71504845
confirmed for ignorant civilian
>>
>>71504802
>Everything I know about PTSD I learned from watching Rambo
PTSD doesn't make people flip out and try to kill everyone around them. That's a very extreme case of PTSD probably coupled with some other mental issue. There's no reason to think that taking your average PTSD sufferer to a shooting range will turn him into a psycho.
>>
>>71504882
Not to mention he said that he knocked out Jesse Ventura, when there is zero evidence that Ventura was even where he said it happened.

Ventura's a looney tunes faggot, but I call bullshit. Kyle was a massive compulsive liar.
>>
>>71504725
He was a drunk lying piece of shit, many of his ex SEALs teammates called him out in his lies about how many people he killed.
And that story about climbing up the superdome and shooting looters was confirmed a lie since no one was killed with high caliber ammunition during katrina.
That finish sniper and that guy who killed vietcong snipers with a scope equipped machine gun deserved a movie way more than this guy but Clint always falls for the NRA propaganda.
>>
>>71504725
probably knew too much
>>
>>71510524
Such is life in 21st century
>>
>>71504853
xD great post!
>>
You couldn't dare criticize him without the blanket of anonymity. No matter how much of a piece of shit he actually was, the general public will forever see him as a hero because of mass propaganda.
>>
>>71507175

I'm sorry, but marching in a straight line as cannon-fodder, getting your arm chopped off and bleeding out, or contracting a myriad of horrible foreign diseases without ANY of our modern cures is much more terrifying than dying instantly by an unexpected explosion or bullet in the brain. Modern military strategy has become more about protecting individual soldiers than it ever has in the past.
>>
>>71504725
this movie sucked
>>
>>71516312
But modern warfare is much more consistent in how much danger one is in. Right up until the mid 18th century a soldier could march for a hundred days and only fight one battle. At all other times he'd be relatively safe, at least until the next battle or skirmish. Moreover these battles would be fought with large bodies of men much closer to one another than the firing lines of modern combat, so one felt as thought they were simply another part of a larger body than an individual. Lastly these battle would last for a couple of days at most, assuming it wasn't a siege, whereas modern combat doesn't really stop. That's not to say that people are literally always fighting, just that one is never quite safe, even when not being directly shot at.
>>
>>71515358
>what is paranoia
>>
>>71504845
You're an arrogant little shit, but there are actually confirmed psychos who fought out of Nam and WW2 that flat out deny shellshock. Had a fucking blast shooting up Europe and Asia.
>>
>>71517290
Paranoia doesn't make you shoot everyone around you.
>>
>>71517786
it's literally what it does. a fucking google search would make that clear but apparently you're unable to do one
>>
I know a vet who cleared buildings for this guy. By his account, Chris was a massive asshole who put the men he commanded in danger for no reason whatsoever while he sucked up all the glory for taking potshots at children from concealed overwatch positions.

I have 1000x more respect for any of the marine grunts he sent to clear buildings; they had to put up with stress and danger far in excess to what Kyle had to experience. They weren't murderous psychopaths either.
>>
>>71516901

You have a point. I guess the constant fear and paranoia would be a subtler sort of attack on the psyche than open combat. My cousin wasn't even off his base when they were attacked by an RPG. Thankfully, he survived.
>>
>>71517990
Holy shit are you fucking retarded? You think it's literally impossible to be a paranoid person without going Rambo on everyone?

Why the fuck am I even talking to you you're obviously trolling or autistic. And no, before you say anything, autism doesn't make you sperg out and start shooting people like you seem to think every mental illness does.
>>
>>71518740
>And no, before you say anything, autism doesn't make you sperg out and start shooting people like you seem to think every mental illness does.
classic 4chan mind reading. Beautiful.
>Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.[1] Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me").
remember when I said it literally means they'll shoot everyone? because they will at some point. I think your retarded mind assumed I said they just attacked people 24/7 like a potato. But I didn't. I've known paranoid people. People that start throwing fists out of nowhere because someone bumped them and they thought they were trying to stab them. Imagine that coupled with casually walking around with guns in a gun range with a former seal while thinking the government is after you. I just wasted 5 minutes typing this shit for you retarded ass but I hope it will bring some clarity
>>
>>71504725
I don't understand why this movie triggers american leftists so much
>>
>>71504725
Who cares he lied about Jesse Ventura. Fuck him.

Though I was moved at the end of the movie when they showed all those people watching the funeral motorcade. I like when based on a true story movies end with real life footage.
>>
>>71519249
Americans shooting poor terrorists, they dindu nuffins :(
>>
It seems to trigger left and right everywhere, even here on /tv/, who supposedly should be smarter. People see the most different things depending on their own biases and proceed to sperg.
Me, I see another good film in Eastwood's filmography. Perhaps it helps not being american, and then not giving a fuck about the guy himself, but only the character and the film.
>>
>>71512995

chimps broke out of their cages and were breaking stuff and attacking white women.
>>
File: MotherfuckingSimo.png (114 KB, 358x546) Image search: [Google]
MotherfuckingSimo.png
114 KB, 358x546
>>71504725

>Killed over 500 Russians
>Is known and feared worldwide
>Celebrated marksman with dozens of trophies
>Lives on to become farmer, has peaceful life
>Isn't betrayed by anyone or anything
>>
>>71519602
>half the face blown off
looks like a russkie almost got him
>>
>>71519602
>feared worldwide
Yeah, everybody is afraid of a dead faggot
>>
>>71514061
Super Manlet was a fooking legend though. Comparing anyone to him isn't really fair.
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.