[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this life imitating art or art imitating life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: wellaintthatsomeshit.png (195 KB, 680x281) Image search: [Google]
wellaintthatsomeshit.png
195 KB, 680x281
Is this life imitating art or art imitating life?
>>
what if its both but also
>>
>>71492629
also what?
>>
File: wut.png (331 KB, 387x411) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
331 KB, 387x411
>>71492629
>>71492775
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x360
>>71492597
>>
did you fucking retards really forget the stories from fucking last year?

http://www.thesuperficial.com/louis-ck-sexual-assault-abuse-female-comics-masturbate-jen-kirkman-podcast-gawker-05-2015

>And then I had another guy who is a very famous comic. He is probably at Cosby level at this point. He is lauded as a genius. He is basically a French filmmaker at this point. You know, new material every year. He’s a known perv. And there’s a lockdown on talking about him. His guy friends are standing by him, and you cannot say a bad thing about him. And I’ve been told by people “Well then say it then. Say it if it’s true.” If I say it, my career is over. My manager and my agent have told me that. They didn’t threaten it. They just said to me “You know what Jen, it’s not worth it because you’ll be torn apart. Look at the Cosby women.” And this guy didn’t rape me, but he made a certain difficult decision to go on tour with him really hard. Because I knew if I did, I’d be getting more of the same weird treatment I’d been getting from him. And it was really fucked up, and this person was married. So it was not good, and so I hold a lot of resentment.

Nothing fucking happened
>>
File: 1465631244982.png (4 MB, 1600x1512) Image search: [Google]
1465631244982.png
4 MB, 1600x1512
>>71494882
>>
>>71494559
Season 2 of Narcos when?
>>
>>71494882
>Look at the Cosby women

Yeah, getting to be on magazine covers for being brace. Poor them.
>>
no because greg gutfeld's show is nothing like how they portrayed on Louie.

it made me REEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>71495374

Spoilers he dies
>>
>>71495374
September
>>
>>71494882

Always the left wing virtue signalling guys who are the biggest creeps.
>>
>>71495735
Gavin McGinnis hinted at it on Joe Rogan's show. That the "fake betas" are the ones who'll skullfuck a passed out chick.

There was a writer for Salon or one of those liberal rags who was a big feminist and gender studies professor. Then a couple years ago his entire past poured out. Dude tried to kill an ex girlfriend years ago and frequently "preyed on" his female college students.

You also have that Onionson fag from youtube who's both an aggressive feminist and happens to like them a bit young.

Oh, and I think the guy who was accused of rape by Zoey Quinn and a couple other women was a feminist. While he was found not guilty, people on his side still think he came off as a douche

And then there's Max Tempkin, co-creator of Cards Against Humanity. Another male feminist accused of rape.
>>
>>71496233
>Onionson
How did that guy get so fucking big recently?
>>
>>71494882
Confirmed he literally just flirted with her uncomfortably
Dude hadn't fucked in close to a decade by the end of his marriage
>>
ITT: /tv/ acts like puritans because it fits the contrarian mantra
>>
File: george-carlin-04.jpg (1 MB, 2156x2848) Image search: [Google]
george-carlin-04.jpg
1 MB, 2156x2848
so, unwanted flirtation is equivalent to drugging and raping someone. got it.
>>
>>71492775
Yes
>>
>>71496233
First example-The worst apart about that was that his past WASN'T a secret, he literally wrote about most of it but tried to play it like "I've reformed." and places like xojane published this shit, paid him, worked with him after people complained.
Hugo Schwyzer is the name btw, first result when you google "male feminist professor creep".
>>
>>71494882
>And this guy didn’t rape me, but he made a certain difficult decision to go on tour with him really hard. Because I knew if I did, I’d be getting more of the same weird treatment I’d been getting from him.

What's weird treatment here? Asking her about whether she's fucked black guys? Sniffing her shoes? Just being a fat awkward ginger cunt in general? That whole thing about him forcing people to watch him jerk off is something I entirely believe he would do if he had the balls but he just hasn't. All we've got on that is some anonymous hero who wanted to out him for it and did so by making him admit to it on the phone in a conversation that wasn't recorded despite that being all we'd need so we only have his word that it ever actually happened.

We have two situations. Either Louis is an awkward autist and her agents are basically saying, "It's going to make things difficult if people think you can't deal with that." Or Louis is a genuine sexual predator and no-one speaks up about it because he's secretly not a fat tub of cuck shit who no-one cares about and is actually very powerful. I'm more inclined to believe he is just a fat tub of cuck shit and have yet to see any solid evidence to the contrary.

>it’s not worth it because you’ll be torn apart. Look at the Cosby women.
Absolutely no-one gave a single shit about them before the Cosby thing. No Jen don't get famous and be on news covers and make us money, that'd be bad.
>>
>>71498379
>That whole thing about him forcing people to watch him jerk off is something I entirely believe he would do if he had the balls but he just hasn't.
Would you have believed Cosby or any other harmless seeming dudes would "have the ball" to do the things they did? Public appearances can be deceiving, especially if someone is hiding a violent or literally criminal part of themselves. Not saying he 100% did that, but have you ever heard of abusive boyfriends being wonderful, "harmless", and charming in front of everyone and then beating their partner? Don't believe too much in personas.
>>
>>71498552
I would have believed it about Cosby, yeah. He's Mr. Man, he's in control. Louis isn't just harmless, he's a cuck, not harmless but powerless. He's clearly a creep, not at all wonderful or charming, but not the same kind of creep.
>>
Wasn't there a scene in Louie where he tries to kiss the Hungarian woman and physically blocks her from leaving his apartment?
>>
>>71498379
You went full retard. You forget why most people love him and why he's reviled on this site. His public persona is that of a super progressive left leaning person with an open mind that *gosh darn it* just tells it like it is at the same time. So the general public will automatically be skeptical if you say negative things about him on the level of stuff like him forcing you to watch him masturbate. Even people like you that sound like they hate him have a hard time believing it.

Add that to the part where you're claiming he's not very powerful in show business, which he very clearly is. He self funded his stand up special and released it on his website and made millions, and has the ability to have multiple shows where he has full creative control. This man is connected. Just listen to him talk about the insanely big stars he was able to get for his latest self funded project Horace and Pete and how he was able to call people like Joe Pesci and Alan Alda and Steve Buscemi at home and get them to agree to a tiny web series that very few people would see. And that's the part that's public. So yeah, I can totally believe that you would be intimidated and worried about speaking out about a guy with that level of popularity, and power and influence in the industry and the world in general.
>>
>>71498888
Yes, there were a bunch of articles written about it.
Also in the first season he follows home, at night, a young black women who was working at the check out of a grocery store. But that was at the peak of the genius Louie male savior deal a few years back so I don't think anyone cared at how creepy that was of his character.
>>
>>71499118
>So the general public will automatically be skeptical if you say negative things about him on the level of stuff like him forcing you to watch him masturbate.

Bill Cosby was a pioneer for black people and black relations in America and it took all of two seconds for people to burn effigies of him in the streets.
>>
>>71499345
Are you high? It was brought up in court for decades. It took years of people yelling about it and for his power in the industry to wane before anyone wanted to even entertain the idea.
>>
What kind of a weirdo faggot enjoys just jerking off in front of women (and not even on them)? It's like he's too beta to even rape properly.
>>
>>71499345
No, there was a lawsuit years ago and no one cared. Gawker published an article going "why does no one talk about these accusations" years ago and it didn't get traction. A book is published and people were like "hm why are is that lawsuit not in it" and still not much traction. A few months later there were the jokes Hannibal made about it and it finally caught on and then more women came out about it. It wasn't until the accusers hit double digits that most people stopped defending him or saying it was made up.
Also note that part of why he wasn't turned on before probably had to to do with him still being able to make money (look at all the people who prey on children still given a pass) and could die any day. Comedians who met him all said, after this came out and with hindsight, that it was an open secret and he was an asshole and cruel to everyone. I don't see why it's hard to believe there aren't more people like that who the dam of evidence or public opinion hasn't broken yet.
>>
>>71499626
So is there any actual proof, or is "well everybody knows" it? Cause I'm not buying it. Saying it doesn't make it true.
>>
>>71499587
I'm hesitant to ask, but what do you think is the proper method of rape? Are you seriously giving him notes on his rape technique?
>>
>>71499864
Idk, there's been people saying that it's an open secret about Louis being a creep, but I'm not in the comedy scene. Could be rumors, could be true, truth could come out tomorrow, could not come out for years.
Just giving a more accurate timeline of how the Cosby situation went down.
>>
>>71499626
After Bill's "pound cake speech", the powers that be wanted to take him down for trying to disturb the status quo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_Cake_speech

Notice how another black man was used to take him down. Now The Cosby Show, the most positive media representation of a black family in the history, has zero syndication value.

Funny, that
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.