[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck is she even remotely next in line? She's not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: dress.jpg (26 KB, 750x420) Image search: [Google]
dress.jpg
26 KB, 750x420
How the fuck is she even remotely next in line? She's not even a Baratheon.
>>
she the mum tho
>>
>>71471431
Baratheons are dead. She obviously orchestrated the massacre. People don't know what else she's capable of so they let her take control in fear of their own lives. Not that hard to understand.
>>
D&d don't care about your nerdy "line of succession". They just do whatever they think is gonna be an awesome twist.
>>
She was married to the one who reigned before he died.
She was Queen regent just a short time ago.
All Baratheon heirs save for an illegitimate bastard who's dedicated his life to rowing are gone.
She has a powerful army and a monstrous bodyguard.
All the other rivals with strong claims and armies are outside the city.
>>
>>71471467
doesnt work like that in got sorry

they just didn't write it very well is all, i think they just wanted cersei to sit on the iron throne so they just kinda made it happen logic be damned
>>
>>71471431
Might makes right. Cersei just wiped out pretty much all opposition in one fell swoop, and left the remnants leaderless and in disarray. She's also got one of the largest standing armies remaining in the realm.
>>
>>71471431
She got rid of anyone (with actual power) who'd oppose her.
>>
>>71471458
Inheritance is passed down, not up
>>71471467
Why doesn't someone just kill her? I know of she has the zombie mountain but he's not with her all the time plus there's such a thing as arrows
>>
>>71471470
BRAVO DABID
>>
>>71471489

>>doesnt work like that

Lel
>>
>>71471574
i mean it doesn't

last time there was even a hint of the line of succession being ignore the continent exploded into war
>>
>>71471489
I'm positive George is building up to that.

Cersei fucked up immensely during her time as Queen (in the books, they don't bother addressing anything but the Sparrows in the show) and kept making mistake after mistake.

I think she will have learned a lot from her fuck ups.

Varys wanted Kevan and Pycelle out of the way so Cersei could keep fucking up but she'll put a spanner in the works by actually being able to be a competent, albeit extremely cruel and increasingly crazy ruler.
>>
>>71471614
for sure, but D&D didn't put in the brainpower to come up with a logical explanation for how it'll work, so they just did it
>>
>>71471528
So you're saying she's an usurper?
>>
>>71471431
Qyburn worked his magic to make it happen
And he's mind-controlling her to do what he wants
>>
Cersei by conquest

She has literally killed everyone that is in a position to challenge her for the throne.
>>
>>71471644
If it worked for Robert, I guess it works for Cersei.
>>
>muh dragons
>muh ships
>muh army of womyn

we can only hope that cercei wins
>>
>>71471595
>last time there was even a hint of the line of succession being ignore the continent exploded into war
And you think this won't happen now? Cersei has controll over KL, the crownlands and the westerlands everyone else is pretty much independent/in open rebellion or backing the last remaining claimant and going to war
>>
>>71471431

Who has a more legitimate claim excluding Dany?

Robert, his (children) and his brothers are dead

She is next in line
>>
>>71471704
Robert was backed by the majority of the kingdom.
>>
>>71471431
ok genius tell me, what would happen if she didn't claim the throne? go on i'll wait
>>
>>71471640
>for sure, but D&D didn't put in the brainpower to come up with a logical explanation for how it'll work, so they just did it

They really should never have strayed too far from the source material. They did a great job when they didn't stray too far from the path.

Was watching some clips from season 1 recently. Feels so long ago and like a completely different show now.
>>
>>71471540
thats like saying why didn't someone just shoot jon with an arrow? or shoot jamie with an arrow? or shoot joffery with an arrow? or shoot anyone with an arrow?
>>71471489
>doesnt work like that in got sorry
you're literally so wrong, I feel embarrassed for you
>>
>>71471766
She's not next in line. She's just unopposed at the moment.
>>
>>71471777
Succession crisis and interesting plot development.
>>
>>71471766
[S]Stannis[/s]
>>
>>71471734
it probably will but that doesn't mean there was enough thought and explanation put into how she actually usurped the crown

like she has to have more supporters than the mountain and qyburn because they both literally hold no power, but she had to have alienated a large portion of people from nearly every class of people by her terrorist attack

how did every single person involved in granting her the crown go "yes okay this makes sense"
>>
>>71471766
If Rhaegar did wed Lyanna in secret, Jon.

If not, no one.
>>
>>71471775
Doesn't make him any less of a usurper. He wasn't in the line of succession, he kicked the asses of those who were, and then boom, he suddenly was. Cersei basically did the same thing, just with less help.
>>
>>71471644
That's how monarchies work. Targaryen were not native from Westeros neither.
>>
>>71471801
after she just killed half the nobles she's gonna give a fuck about rightful succession, errrr ok
>>
>>71471787
>you're literally so wrong

cool man when was the last time in game of thrones a female unrelated to a bloodline usruped a crown with no resistance because they managed to kill a lot of people at once
>>
>>71471431
everyone else with a remotely easy to prove claim is dead so she seized power. Who's going to stop her?
>>
>>71471811
Well I'm sure almost everyone in King's Landing is against it. But it all happened so fast, and anyone who speaks out would get killed. It takes time to organize a rebellion, you know. Wait until next season for that to happen
>>
>>71471528
Lannister armies are in shambles after the war, doubt they had the money to rebuild after their gold mines dried up and financing the crown with all the money they did have.

Even if they had the numbers, good luck feeding them in winter when the Reach is the breadbasket of the kingdoms. Plus the Tyrell armies were barely even touched by the war, they had more numbers to begin with and even more so now. Of course, D&D didnt consider any of this, they just wanted a trendy bad poosy coronation scene.
>>
>>71471595

Sure. But considering it was all of a minute of screen time at the end of the finale it's a bit premature to go off about a plot point that's literally just begun. It's safe to say that she took the throne by force, having an unkillable zombie as her personal guard as well as the loyalty of the army, the people of Kings Landing just saw her obliterate her immediate competition in equal amounts calculated and batshit fashion not unlike the mad king. They all remember what they the people did to shame her and have no doubt she'd harbour a great amount of resentment against the people, not to mention the fact that everyone knows that for as much a cunt as Cersei is, the only love she has is for her children - of which there are none left. Put all that together and I'm not surprised the people of Kings Landing bowed down out of sheer fear that she might straight up medievil-nuke the city if anyone so much and cast a stray eye at her.

Like I said before, it's only just happened and leading into season 7 for all we know her right to the throne WILL be a point of contention - and let's face it, likely will be - so there's really no point getting all rah rah about it right now. That's one way of what story is when boiled down, it's something that happens that develops as it goes on. So let it go on, and when it doesn't make sense when it's SUPPOSED to make sense, that's when people should start raising fists.
>>
>>71471766
and who was on Tommen's small council? Pycel (dead), Uncle Kevan (dead), Father in law Mace (dead). Am I missing someone? There were no officials, no Hand of the King to lead in Tommen's abscense. Cersei makes the most sense, having served as queen for, what? 14 + years
>>
File: 1459400475658.png (359 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
1459400475658.png
359 KB, 618x412
>>71471852
>with no resistance
>>
>>71471870
They seemed to be doing ok in Riverrun.
>>
>>71471811
She has the lannister forces and the westerlands, pretty much the only realm that is still sworn to the IT - she is in fact the most powerful figure in her realm of dominion who would oppose her? All the other great houses in the reach/dorne/north don't give a shit about it because they are sworn to another sovereign
>>
>>71471470
Lines of succession are retarded and you are retarded for thinking that they matter at all

Its called being conquered
>>
>>71471868
>But it all happened so fast, and anyone who speaks out would get killed

But it wouldn't happen like that. It wouldn't be like

"Fuck, Tommen died. Now Cersei has the crown!"

It'd be more

"Fuck, Tommen died. Okay, well someone pull up the baratheon family tree and start trying to track down some bastards. What do you mean Cersei wants to be queen? No."
>>
>>71471852
>when was the last time in game of thrones a female unrelated to a bloodline usruped a crown with no resistance because they managed to kill a lot of people at once
Dany?
>>
There's no sense in arguing over Cersei's claim, she was Queen Regent just a matter of months ago.

The more important question is how will she seek to consolidate her power now? She's got a potential Queen with a powerful claim, an army and plenty of support behind her. Surely when she hears that news she'll realise Dany is the beauty from the prophecy.

If she wants to solidify her spot on the throne and ward off Dany, she'll need allies and support, but who?

Littlefinger is the only one I can really see being willing to support her. Offering her the Vale army to support her in exchange for marriage to him, making him King, King Regent or King something.
>>
>>71471852
Why does it need to have happened before to make sense?

Its good BECAUSE its out of fucking nowhere
>>
if claims were worth a damn stannis would be king.
>>
>>71471886
this was meant for >>71471852
obama is impossible because there was never a black president of the USA before him
>>
>>71471932

>What do you mean Cersei wants to be queen? No.

>*Remembers earlier that day* Um...I mean...
>>
>>71471935
>>71471888
soz guys should have made it more clear i meant in westeros

i mean i thought that'd be obvious since dany's entire storyline is based around feminism and a woman conquering, and cersei's isn't
>>
>>71472003
>i meant in westeros

Dorne and The Reach are in Westeros.
>>
>>71471988
It's not like it's one dude opposing her. The entire institutional system of everyone employed to serve and manage the crown would have to okay this. This isn't just bureaucrats either. Soldiers and guards would have to be a-okay with this decision before it would even go through.
>>
>>71472003
Speaking of Dany, does anybody in Westeros besides Sand Sneks, Euron, and Olenna Tyrell know she's coming?
>>
>>71471431
Because they have to show healthy feminist values.
>>
>>71472012
>dany usurped dorne and the reach

excuse me?

anon, you know they just joined her, right? she didn't kill anyone to get them.
>>
>>71472021

There's a difference between being "okay" and "...okay".
>>
>>71471821

Jon is not public knowledge though
>>
>>71472025
They will soon enough. A massive armada can't stay secret too long.
>>
>>71471595
The continent IS about to explode into war. The North, the Iron Islands and the Riverlands are already in open rebellion. The Reach and Dorne soon to follow.
>>
>>71472057
Didn't say he was, just that if his dad did marry his mom he has a more legitimate claim, albeit one nobody, including himself, knows about.
>>
>>71472052
and they wouldn't be either. because cersei has no immediate power in kings landing. she has (with her) qyburn, the mountain and lets assume some lannister soldiers are still completely loyal to her inexplicably.

if any of them said no to her, what would she do? call a raven, tell the westerlands that its time to invade kings landing because they wont let her break the rules?

The whole situation CAN make sense, it just doesn't with how they set it up.
>>
>>71471895
Sure, as one of the Great Houses they're bound to have more than the Freys and the ragtag Tully leftovers. But compared to the Tyrells, who have the largest host and are probably now the richest house with the decline of the Lannisters, theyre fucked. They also have Randyll Tarly to command their armies, probably the best living general by now. Cersei killed Kevan and likely alienated Jaime so doesnt look like the Lannisters even have a competent general.
>>
SHE'S YOUR ... QUEEEEEEEEN TO BEEEEE
A QUEEN THAT LASTS FOREEEEVAAAAH
>>
>>71471932
All the bastards were killed though
>>
>>71472045
>>71471852
>usruped a crown with no resistance

Dorne and the Tyrells especially would have been on their way to King's Landing regardless of whether Dany was with them or not. Cersei didn't usurp the crown without resistance.
>>
>>71472012
sneks murdered their own family you brick headed fool. why is no one crying at them?
you're wrong, face it, and stop posting.
>>
>>71472113
{80s Eddie Murphy laugh}
Good one.
>>
>>71472128
man i am not on the ball today. this post was meant for>>71472003
>>
>>71472117
Except Gendry, although almost nobody knows he's alive. I'm wondering if we will ever see him again. I can't really see him being important to the plot anymore.

Littlefinger mentioned him this last episode when talking to Sansa at least.
>>
>>71472128
Someone give me one reason Doran couldn't have been in cahoots with Varys from long ago? It would have been much more interesting had the snakes been becoming an increasing threat to him and the peace he desired and finally when the shit is about to hit the fan and they are trying to stage a coup, Varys steps out of the hallway and quips about not needing to resort to violence, Ellaria turns to Doran and then “I am not blind, nor deaf. I know that you all believe me weak, frightened, feeble. Your [love?] knew me better. Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes. [Oberyn] and I worked more closely than you know … but now he is gone. The question is, can I trust his [You] to serve me in his place?"
>>
>>71472180
He's probably living castaway-style on an unpopulated island somewhere
>>
>>71472180
>Littlefinger mentioned him this last episode when talking to Sansa at least.

I missed that, what did he say?
>>
>>71471431
She isn't in line, she has forcefully taken the throne.

It remains yet to be revealed how other houses will react to this. They may indeed bring up the fact that she isn't legitimate and determine themselves or someone else a more suitable ruler.

Not that hard to figure out desu.
>>
>>71472184
I would have liked that
>>
>>71472180
>Littlefinger mentioned him this last episode

No he didn't.
>>
>>71471932
>Okay, well someone pull up the baratheon family tree and start trying to track down some bastards
1-No one knows of any Robert's bastard
2-Who would support a bastard that came out of nowhere and has no proof of being the king's son other than his mother's word?
3-You're fucking retarded
>>
She took the throne like Lenin did - killing everyone who opposed her, fuck claims.
>>
File: Cersei.jpg (4 MB, 4912x7360) Image search: [Google]
Cersei.jpg
4 MB, 4912x7360
>>71471431

Femanon here. Used to love this show and almost dropped it hard but picked it up again

Cersei is the best portrayal of a female character. Bar-none. She's strong, independent and a manipulative mastermind who knows how to play the Game of Thrones like a pro. As someone who likes to self-insert into her character since I'm a total mean bitch like her, I find it stupid and meaningless the way they mistreated her in the show. Putting one of the strongest female characters into a position where she has to face humiliation and drink dirty floor water really shows how sexist and anti-feminist the show creators are. Just look at how they treated the sand snakes. They set them up as strong, pro-feminist characters with qualities setting them apart from the sheep, but in the next episode they are revealed to be submissive 10/10's here-are-the-tits-for-all-the-man-pigs-watching-the-show. Not saying that sand snakes were the best characters since I think Cersei is the by far the best feminist-friendly character in any tv show to date, but the way the creators treat female characters like pieces of meat or submissive and humiliating roles really shows the black ooze lurking in their sexist little heats. I'm glad that the writers finally listened up and put Cersei back in power as she totatlly deserves it for all the hardship they put her in the show. She's the only one that can rule King's Landing rightfully and justly.
>>
>>71472274
>>71472307
"Who should the north rally behind? Trueborn daughter of Ned and Catelyn Stark, born here at Winterfell? Or a motherless bastard, born in the south"

Couldn't have been talking about anyone other than Gendry, even if he didn't say him by name.
>>
>>71472324
Lenin was more Dany-ish though. He didn't take the throne, he "smashed the wheel" or whatever it was.
>>
>>71472351
Oh shit. I just realized he meant Jon instead.
>>
>>71472092

>Cersei has no immediate power in kings landing

You could say the same about her at the beginning of the episode as well. Nek minute...

I get what you're saying, that she doesn't in accordance to the rules, have the right. But you're assuming a psychopath with a gun isn't going to shoot you because it's by law illegal. EVERYONE saw what Cersei orchestrated when someone opposed her, why, for even a second would anyone assume she wouldn't do it again, or for that matter have a plan in waiting should anyone try to deny her the throne?
>>
>>71472289
Same. I can understand them dropping Quentyn, less so Arianne but for fuck's sake, if they were going to keep Doran why gimp the character so much and take away his best speech and moment?
>>
>>71471823
He was related to the Targs
Rhaegar was his cousin once removed
>>
>>71471489
seek professional help.
>>
File: Ellaria-S5.png (637 KB, 543x637) Image search: [Google]
Ellaria-S5.png
637 KB, 543x637
How the fuck is she even remotely next in line to rule Dorne? She's the kingslaying bastard ex-lover of Oberyn.
>>
>>71471431
In history there were kings who ruled by being grandson of the sister of the mother of the wife of the second king, it doesn't really matter when you are conquered, even the shittiest claim will do if you have the military power. The show and books make it confusing, because no matter how martin likes to sperg out about muh tax policy, his poorly tought-off medieval society doesn't have people who die naturally of age/ilness and there's little to no diplomatic acquisition of power, everything is done by sword or dagger in the dark.
>>
File: obtuse1.jpg (62 KB, 1154x648) Image search: [Google]
obtuse1.jpg
62 KB, 1154x648
>>71472351
>>
File: 1467217394395.jpg (39 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1467217394395.jpg
39 KB, 960x540
>>71471431
>>
>>71471431
>How the fuck is she even remotely next in line? She's not even a Baratheon.

Coup lead by the Lannisters.

Don't worry. Dany will kill her soon.
>>
>>71472092
>lets assume some lannister soldiers are still completely loyal to her inexplicably.

Why shouldn't every single lanister soldier be loyal to her?
>>
File: follow-the-money-......jpg (159 KB, 659x700) Image search: [Google]
follow-the-money-......jpg
159 KB, 659x700
>>71471431
>>
>>71472445
>doesn't have people who die naturally
What about the maester on the wall? The Targaryen guy.

The book is based off of a pretty unstable time in the medieval era, it stands to reason that a lot of people are dying via the sword. Jaime even mentions it at one point, about how all the heroes he looked up to are now deceased.
>>
File: 12.png (147 KB, 271x318) Image search: [Google]
12.png
147 KB, 271x318
>>71472429
Another character completely destroyed by the show.

>"Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maidenhood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end? I saw your father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?"

Why the fuck couldn't they just leave Dorne out? It was never a spectacular part of the books but I would rather it not be there at all than be so horrifically shit.
>>
>>71472445
>his poorly tought-off medieval society doesn't have people who die naturally of age/ilness

Yes it does. Robert himself died of illness. Y'know, the guy whose death started the whole conflict.
>>
>>71471431
>>71471467
>>71471470
>>71471489
>>71471793
>>71471821
>>71471932

Cersei literally

***LITERALLY***

is next in line in the (known) Baratheon lineage you fucking retards.

Her great-grandfather or something was a Baratheon. If you bothered to look at some family trees before going nuclear about muh bad writing you would know this.

Jaime could dispute her claim since he's a man but he's not going to do that.
>>
File: 1467080831889.jpg (292 KB, 1200x1130) Image search: [Google]
1467080831889.jpg
292 KB, 1200x1130
>>71472525
>>
>>71471839
>Four nobles, the pope, and a thousand courtiers/peasants
>Half the nobles
Pick one
>>
>>71472552
He died through a plot, killed by a boar.

>>71472517
That's one of the few exceptions, but generally disease is almost never shown and most of the characters aren't old enough to die naturally. The medieval society described in the flashbacks is much more fleshed out that what we have now, which is more akin to dark ages than high medieval era.
>>
File: 1467239412468.jpg (359 KB, 1188x1282) Image search: [Google]
1467239412468.jpg
359 KB, 1188x1282
>>71472586
>>
>>71472576
>being this much of a cucked gayboi
>>
>>71471956
His claim was disputed by Joffrey and Tommen and since not everyone believed they were bastards born of incest
>>
>>71471823
Yes he is a usurper, but he was a claimant. He had a valid claim on the throne, however weak it may have been. Cersei doesn't have shit.
>>
>>71472622
>The medieval society described in the flashbacks is much more fleshed out that what we have now
I agree, and I think it comes from the fact that the show writers understand that the audience prefers straight fantasy than a medieval-fantasy grounded in historic influence. It's also a lot easier to write the former.

When Ned and Robert died, it felt like the house of cards that is the seven kingdoms actually came tumbling down. Two kings have died since, and there's barely any backlash.
>>
>>71471431

I wish she'd grow her hair longer
>>
>>71471956
Claims are only worthwhile if people will support you. There needs to be some benefit for them to support you claim. If you can't offer more than the other guy, bad luck.
>>
File: 1450707370207.png (48 KB, 1248x506) Image search: [Google]
1450707370207.png
48 KB, 1248x506
>>71472576
Since you seem to know where these family tress that show Cersei has Baratheon ancestry are, would you mind pointing them out to us?
>>
>>71472777
Observe, Lord Baelish. I am married... to Westeros.
>>
As much as I want to agree with you I think Cersei sitting on the throne is in accordance with the line of sucession.

Simply because there is no one else, all her children are dead. King Robert's bastards cannot inherit the throne, Tommen didn't leave any issue. Smirkfu is dead, Stannis is dead also. So who do you suppose has the right to inherit the throne ? I can't remember anyone else and they have no concept of a Republic.
>>
>>71472818

The Lannister house has no claim or path to the throne. It was the marriage between rob and cersei that allowed cersei to become queen.
>>
>>71472576
How could she be blond then?
After all the seed is strong and gurrm can't into genetics.
>>
>>71471431
Jon being king in the north is worse.
>>
File: c6f2jyyf326wh5zpoijp.gif (1 MB, 480x407) Image search: [Google]
c6f2jyyf326wh5zpoijp.gif
1 MB, 480x407
>>71472351
>>
File: 1456569029286.png (55 KB, 1536x382) Image search: [Google]
1456569029286.png
55 KB, 1536x382
>>71472898
I know. That anon was claiming Cersei's great-grandfather was a Baratheon.
>>
You guys should play more Crusader kings 2. She has no legitimate claim to the throne. A Baratheon/Targ bastard twice removed has more claim to it than her.
>>
She took the throne by force. How are you niggers not getting this
>>
File: BaratheonTree[1].jpg (1 MB, 5289x3231) Image search: [Google]
BaratheonTree[1].jpg
1 MB, 5289x3231
>>71472818
>>71472899
>>71472688

Maybe be less smug about your retardation next time?
>>
>>71471886
how did Kevan die again? I don't even remember
>>
>>71473007
With whose support? Two men?

I can't imagine any lord anywhere supporting her.
Including any Lannister loyalists since she killed based Kevan too.
>>
>core show concept is killing people to sit in the stabby chair
>people baffled when someone does it
>>
>>71471431
King + Queen With no heirs
Heir apparent would be closest relative to king
Queen Mother is alive
Queen Mother is next in line unless King + Queen get busy with heir making.

Queen Dies
King An Heroes

????
Profit?
>>
>>71472451
he looks like the worst kind of person; like the high school jock who hates nerds out of insecurity because he knows he's dumb
>>
>>71473045
>>
>>71473022
That says nothing about Cersei's ancestry though.
>>
>>71473045
I wouldn't be baffled if it actually made sense. She has no support of anyone in the kingdom, yet she somehow managed to get crowned? The Tyrells might even have a better claim, since their house is arguably the strongest in the region and they could claim the throne to "safeguard it" until a rightful heir arrives.

Cersei is a literal nobody in terms of power.
>>
>>71473045
>stabby chair

pls make this the meme
>>
>>71473022

You're the retard. Where's the supposed ancestor of cersei ?

what you're seeing is the marriage between robert and cersei fucboi
>>
>>71472491
She killed Kevan - the head of House Lannister.
>>
>>71471431
Well if they don't crown her they have to crown Dany but Dany is some weird foreigner on the other side of the world.

So they crowned her.

Granted, Cersei still makes no sense since she's a woman and she has no heir.

I imagine she just forced her hand at sword point otherwise the lords of Westoros would have probably held a council to choose a new king (one who has actual heirs)
>>
The only reason Cersei got the crown is to legitimise Dany's invasion, otherwise it's morally ambiguous.
>>
>>71473190
Well Jaimie is the head of the house now.
>>
>>71473022
>>71473121
>>71473168
Also this important bit of information.

>These family trees are of my own creation, and I will admit that I have taken some liberties with them. A number of relationships are assumed, and information from the Blood of Dragons MUSH is included. For House Baratheon, information from the Lineages book prop from the TV series is also added, though it is in no way canon (and only added to 'flesh out' the tree a little more). Despite this, I have attempted to make them as accurate as possible, depicting the families from the time of the Conquest through to the War of the Five Kings - with the exception of the Targaryens, whose tree reckons from their leaving Valyria
>>
>>71473190
Kevan isnt the head of House Lannister. Cersei was after Tywin's death.
>>
>>71473208
Dany still would have a better claim than Robert though. One is a usurper, the other the result of centuries of royal inbreeding.
>>
>>71471431

Roberts claim was basically that her great grandmother or some shit was a targ but that was just a PR thing. Whoever is the strongest or believed to be the strongest takes whatever the fuck they want.
>>
The right of succession!
What's that mean?
The proper progression!
What's that mean?
>>
From what I understand, Aemon Estermont would be next in line. He is either Robert's cousin or uncle

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Estermont/Theories

Not technically a Baratheon but every other Baratheon is dead
>>
>>71473260
Robert had the support of the most of the seven kingdoms. Cersei has the support of one zombie giant.
>>
>>71473241
I don't think they have applied absolute cognatic yet in Westeros. It probably is agnatic-cognatic.
>>
>>71473292
STANNIS
T
A
N
N
I
S
>>
File: cer.jpg (45 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
cer.jpg
45 KB, 500x250
shes the alien overlord clearly.
>>
>>71473241
No she wasn't. A woman would only inherit if there are no male heirs. Jaime and Tyrion couldn't inherit so it fell to the next closest male relative of Tywin which was his brother Kevan.
>>
>>71471905
>she is in fact the most powerful figure in her realm of dominion who would oppose her?

How about her own vassal lords? Cersei murdered members of her own family, dozens of other lords who had done nothing to her, and she blew up the equivalent of the Vatican in a world where most people are catholic.

She should have been dragged off that throne and ripped apart by a united crowd of peasants and nobles alike.
>>
>>71473253
It's not about the claim, though. The point is about the moral justification for Dany's actions. Invading KL, setting soldiers on fire who are just defending their homeland, and imposing de facto rule is actually pretty villainous. It's literally the same thing ISIS does.

By making Cersei into a bad guy with her recent actions, sets both the audience against her, and gives Dany the ethical justification to depose her.
>>
>>71473324
No one gives a fuck about Kingsguard. Jaime is the heir.
>>
>>71471431
Robert Baratheon (dead) > Joffrey, Tommen, Myrcella (all dead) > (if no kids from any of them) > Cersei

It's pretty simple. If you want to argue for a Baratheon line, Stannis/Renly are dead so fuck that.

Cersei is technically the rightful ruler at the moment, ignoring of course the broken succession after Joffrey became king, since none of Robert's kids were his. But only the audience knows that for sure and it's just a rumor to the characters on the show.
>>
File: z.png (24 KB, 369x84) Image search: [Google]
z.png
24 KB, 369x84
>>
She killed all the people that would oppose her.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>71473368
Her own vassals are either blindly loyal to house lannister or can't match house lannisters power
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 201x251
>tfw Shireen should be queen
>>
>>71471431
yeah you're right OP I mean look at history, rulers always took power through completely legitimate 100% solid claims
>>
>>71473311
>that CK2 terminology
Don't you have an Abbasid blob to crusade against?
>>
>>71473368
>her own vassal lords

Don't seem to exist in the show.

See how Doran was murdered and no house in Dorne vassal to the Martells gave a shit that Ellaria and the sneaks took over.
>>
>>71473377

Margaery would also precede Cersei in succession. But alas.
>>
>>71473377
That's not how succession works. Cersei has no claim to the throne. She's just killed anyone who could oppose her.
>>
>>71473391
Are YOU retarded? How many great houses are there in Westeros?

Fucking Tyrells don't go away because smirkfu and that fat guy got killed.
>>
>>71473410
>Her own vassals are either blindly loyal to house lannister or can't match house lannisters power

House Lannister is weak right now. Why would they fucking follow some woman who is not even in charge of their house to pertain death?
>>
>>71473305

Well cersei is fucked. She only has the lannisters backing her, but she'll rule for now until dany shows up and the tyrells and sneks back her

But nobody really gives a fuck about muh rights if theres someone strong enough to just take the throne from you
>>
>>71473391
Yes the Sparrows are only a dozens guys all in the sept together, also the complete small folk, every lord that looks down on kinslaying and/or blowing up random people, all of Dorne, ...
>>
>>71473431
>that CK2 terminology
It's just terminology you vedditor.
>>
>>71473467
who is actually in charge of the Lannisters now?
>>
>>71473453
>See how Doran was murdered and no house in Dorne vassal to the Martells gave a shit that Ellaria and the sneaks took over.

This is what gonna happen in next season. Just like when Ramsey killed his father and his brother no one even gave a fuck. They won't give a fuck in next season Lannisters gonna follow her like dumbfucks even when she does not command them
>>71473497
Jaime obviously
>>
>>71473457
I'm going by how Intestate succession works. That is, dying without a will in modern times.

That's how it would work for that, but I guess Royal Succession has some fucking retarded inbred rules since it was created by mentally ill faggots from countries no one cares about?
>>
>>71473372
yep this is my point. Tommen or thr Tyrells would still resist Dany -no ones gonna bend the knee to some targ brat on their say so. Only Cersei gives Dany the simplistic gud n eebul scenario that makes it okay in the minds of the viewer.
>>
>>71473497
It should be Jaime.
>>
>>71473410
>blindly loyal
This isn't a fucking thing. Jon had immense difficulty rallying support from the northern vassals who were the most devoted out of anyone in Westeros. They spat in his eye and told him to fuck off.

It's retarded that we have to watch some characters struggle with some of the most basic elements of medieval rule, like earning favour with helpful lords and ladies (Jon, and Robb Stark). But then we're just meant to ignore that with someone like Cersei, who as a woman, as a kinslayer, as a usurper, as a brother-fucker, as a pope-slayer, as a regicidal, zombie commanding lunatic would have infinitely less support.
>>
>>71473537
>>71473526
he's a Gold Cloak though
>>
>>71473463

Uh, actually they do anon, Olenna is the only one left. And she IS opposing her already.

So you're like, a triple retard.
>>
>>71472491
>Why shouldn't every single lanister soldier be loyal to her?

She murdered the brother of Twyin Lannister, she blew up the Vatican, she murdered dozens of high born nobles.

Roman Emperors were stabbed to death by their own body guards for doing far less.
>>
>>71473488
>google 'absolute cognatic'
>the entire front page is relating to a video game
>>
>>71471431
Who else would be next in line?
>>
>>71473377
This is objectively wrong if you take royal inheritance laws into account. At best she could be a steward of some kind to the throne, which could eventually lead her family to rule if backed up with enough power. See for instance the move from Merovingian to the Carolingian dynasties.
>>
>>71473572
Olenna was the lords mother. She isn't a real Tyrell, and is completely outside of the line of succession.
>>
>>71473564

Gold cloaks are the city watch, not the kingsguard. But you can just dismiss people from the kingsguard now that it happened to barristan
>>
>>71473564
Not anymore
>>
>>71473575
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primogeniture#Absolute_cognatic_primogeniture
>>
>>71473467
>House Lannister is weak right now.
[citation needed] they have still a huge army that can just invade the riverlands and end ongoing rebellions we know that the Westerlands aren't as rich anymore but we've seen how big their armies still are.
Where is it stated that Cersei isn't head of house Lannister? I don't recall it saying that Kevan was? We see the Lannister Soldiers in the throne room
>>
>>71473564
How often do kings guard lead armies?
>>
>>71473572
Why are you calling me a retard if you agree with what I said?

Or do you have problems with reading comprehension?
>>
>>71472855
>So who do you suppose has the right to inherit the throne ? I can't remember anyone else and they have no concept of a Republic.

HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY WHO IS NOT A WOMAN AND WHO ACTUALLY HAS CHILDREN!

Hell, JAIME would make WAY more sense than Cersei because he's male for one, and 2 because he can quickly knock up some lady and produce heirs.

A King without an heir is no good because you are merely delaying another crisis.
>>
>>71473572
>Olenna is the only one left

No she isn't. But the show cut out entire houses to the point that the story is pretty nonsensical.
>>
>>71472991
>You guys should play more Crusader kings 2

>be playing CK2
>Edmure rebels against King Aerys
>Tywin Lannister and Brandon Stark swear fealty to him

WTF
>>
>>71471431
She was the queen to the Baratheon king you fucking moron.
>>
I hate how all the normies just make up excuses like they are tired of war and no one cares.
Do you know what the Hundred Years war is? People always care, and this shit is important.
>>
>>71473648

With Kevan dead and Jamie removed from the Kingsguard, Jamie is now the head of House Lannister.

But since he does whatever Cersei tells him to do she may as well be the head of House Lannister any way.

>>71473652

They did it in Robert's Rebellion. Granted that's not what they ordinarily do but if the King tells them to do something, they do it.
>>
basically cersei walked up, sat her ass down on the throne and said "anybody got a problem with this can fucking try me"

nobody in kings landing is left who would mess with the crazy bitch.

she is calling herself the queen of the seven kingdoms. Dorne obviously won't acknowledge her rule, the north is still in open rebellion so they won't either.

looks like the vale is currently sided with the north (but littlefinger is always a wildcard) so they won't respect her claim either.

Cersei is currently the queen of the westerlands, riverlands and crownlands.

If some other house makes a vie for power in the reach and makes an alliance with cersei then she'll have that too, otherwise the tyrells will also never recognize cersei as ruler
>>
>>71473731
Spouses don't inherit the title, you fucking moron.
>>
>>71471766
Stannis
>>
>>71473648
>they have still a huge army that can just invade the riverlands
It was said before that they went to Riverlands with like 7 thousand

>Where is it stated that Cersei isn't head of house Lannister
You inbred fuck I know that you are dirty fucking redditor with no fucking clue how succession should go, it does not Cersei
>>
>>71473759
All she has is one zombie.
The KL people alone could easily take her.
>>
>>71471766
Dany has zero claim whatsoever.
>>
>>71473674
Jaime has nothing
>>
>>71473576
Assuming House Baratheon is extinct and since Gendry has no chance of being legitimized, Dany is the rightful heir unless Jon Snow gets legitimized and recognized as a Targ. At which point he'd be the rightful heir.
>>
>>71473776
She never inherited the title, nonetheless she was the queen to the baratheon king. That stands for something. When one weds they forsake there family and join a new.
Any dickhead with common sense understands that.
>>
>>71473815
you and 5 friends could probably take on a trained MMA fighter but you're too pussy to try
>>
>>71473830
>gets legitimized
How? There's no king to do that.
>>
>>71473372
>It's not about the claim, though. The point is about the moral justification for Dany's actions. Invading KL, setting soldiers on fire who are just defending their homeland, and imposing de facto rule is actually pretty villainous. It's literally the same thing ISIS does.

Would have been interesting to read/watch. You know, to see Dany and the audience actually feel challenged and forced to confront the moral ambiguity of her quest.

Nah... can't have that.
>>
The entire small council, minus Qyburn, has been wiped out, so there was nobody in KL who could even suggest someone else for the job.

The show should have done a scene explaining it, but it probably went like this: Cersei, being the only Lannister left in the city, rallied the Lannister garrison in the city around her and quickly ursurped the throne before anyone had a chance to really react to it. She most likely only controls the city and nobody outside of it even knows what's going on at that point, considering Jaimes reaction.

At the end of the day she most likely has a weak grip on KL, the Crownlands and the Westerlands. The Stormlands are probably under Tyrell control since they occupied much of them after Blackwater and who the fuck even knows what is happening in the Riverlands now.
>>
>>71473815
they don't seem to keen on the idea

As far as the rabble know she just made a fucking giant building explode, they probably think she's capable of all sorts of crazy shit
>>
>>71473830
So until dany arrives the autistic nitpickers can rest easy?

Not that dany has any claim, she can only challenge Cersei and hope she wins
>>
so does the title pass to the closest Baratheon or what
>>
>>71473776
Why won't my mum tell me she loves me you fucking moron?
>>
>>71473852
What if the fighter just strangled the pope in front of us and we were devout catholics?
>>
>>71473784
>It was said before that they went to Riverlands with like 7 thousand
So? It's not all their forces when Jaime talking with Tyrrels he said that Reach have second large army in Westeros,
>>
>everyone with even a hint of legitimacy towards the thrown gets wiped out
>the ex-queen steps in

how can people be so daft or are you lads really that desperate to pick the show apart because normies like it?
>>
File: what the hell is this plot.jpg (138 KB, 1593x791) Image search: [Google]
what the hell is this plot.jpg
138 KB, 1593x791
>ITT: People trying to make sense out of Dumb&Dumber's shitty writing.

The show stopped being consistent and coherent a while ago. If you're going to keep watching just embrace the plot holes.
>>
>>71473859
No idea.

>>71473886
Why wouldn't she have a claim? She's the only legitimate heir left.
>>
Well who is next in line then, smart guy? She's a Baratheon by marriage and all other Baratheon's are dead. This is a lot less complicated than you're making it out to be.
>>
>>71473893
were we though? The pope doesn't employ bodyguards to beat the fuck out of people. The sparrows just kinda showed up and started giving orders
>>
>>71473843
No, it doesn't stand for anything. You do not get a claim by marrying someone. Your children inherit their claims, and vice versa. You do not become part of their family and inherit as a member of their family would. She was crowned Cersei Lannister, not Cersei Baratheon.
You are a dickhead with no common sense, and a fundamental misunderstanding of feudal succession.
>>
>muricans trying to understand how monarchy works

Shit like this happened all the time.
>>
>>71473674

- Jaime is a Lannister and was lord commander of the guard, he has no claim to the throne.

You still don't get it do you ? it's inherited until someone steals it from you !

No one and I mean absolutely no one in the Great Houses of Westeros has a viable claim to the throne.
>>
>>71473936
>dany having any claim

you do realize all she's be doing for the past few years is amass an army with which she can FORCEFULLY take back the throne because no one recognizes her inbred targ ass as anything but sword bait, yes?
>>
>>71473945
>all other Baratheon's are dead.
that can't be right
>>
>>71473022
Holy shit senpai kys asap
>>
>>71473324
Thats royal succession. Daughter comes before a brother for lordship
>>
>>71471431
Actually funny enough, Cersei (and Jaime) are the closest living, legitimatized relatives of the Baratheon. So if you are going by the fact that the Baratheons rule by right of conquest Jaime should be King, assuming he was removed from the Kingsguard, otherwise Cersei should be.
>>
>>71473956
He clearly did have the support of the small folk.
>>
>>71473973
no one recognizes her but she's still the rightful heir if you ignore muh conquer rights
>>
>>71473945
SUCCESSION CRISIS / WAR

HIGH LORDS SHALL STAKE THEIR CLAIM AND OR SUPPORT
>>
>>71473956
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Guard
>>
>>71473973
You do realize she's literally the last legitimate relative of both Robert Baratheon and the Mad King?
>>
>>71473973
by your fucking logic Stannis or Renly had no claim on the throne because they were trying to forcefully take the throne
>>
>>71474011
I'd say "smallest folk", certainly not anyone with any money. They didn't even intervene when the tiny Tyrell force showed up to threaten him
>>71474028
not even close to what the sparrows do. Also much better uniform
>>
>>71473866
It felt like they were so close to doing something similar too. After she took Mereen, we saw how awful she is at ruling - after living with Khal Drogo, no wonder. She imposes her way of life and beliefs immediately on a people who were happy before, and murders those who disagree.

It lead to a pretty big rebellion, but instead of Dany confronting the reality that there's more to leadership than conquest, she just imports Tyrion like some Indian IT technician to handle it for her.

Now she'll conquer Westeros, justified by her claim and that she's deposing a tyrant, and become the sole dictator of half the world. But it will be actually viewed positively. I wonder if DnD are secret fascists?
>>
>>71473607

Tell that to Cersei.
>>
>>71474035
Legally Stannis had all the right fool.
>>
>>71473776
So how do you explain Barbrey Dustin and Donella Hornwood?
>>
>>71474078
And now Dany does.
>>
>>71474019
you're only rightful if people recognize you
>>71474030
and?
>>71474035
that's just because everyone went ahead to fight for the throne so legitimacy went out the window, but EVERYONE would turn against dany because she's a fucking inbred, mad, crazy batshit targ whore who no one wants on the throne, she's literally KL peasent tier when it comes to legitimacy
>>
>>71474089
No fool, Targaryens have been deposed.

She can conquer Westeros and place herself upon throne but that's different matter entirely.
>>
>>71474089
But she doesn't.
Targs lost their claims
>>
>>71474093
no you're only rightful if the law says you are

of course in certain cases that means fuck all so then you go to the muscle option
>>
>>71471431
Cause she made it fucking happen. Robert wasn't a tygaryen, how did he become king? Cause he made it fucking happen. Plus, I don't think there are any baratheons left, so she's the closest living relative to tomen, especially since everyone thinks Jaime is just the uncle
>>
File: 1467119462464.jpg (24 KB, 421x448) Image search: [Google]
1467119462464.jpg
24 KB, 421x448
>>71471431
She's an usurper.
>>
>>71473945
She's not a Baratheon, she's a Lannister, marrying Robert doesn't give her Baratheon blood. Succession isn't merely a name thing, it depends on blood ties and Cersei doesn't have any royal blood inside her veins. Even a distant cousin of Robert would be more legit than her.
>>
>>71474115
they lost the throne not the claims
>>
>>71474120
Robert had actual support from powerful houses.
Cersei got jack shit.
>>
someone please answer me cuz this is confusing

there are absolutely no Baratheons left? Stannis, Robert and Renly were literally the last 3 Baratheons on Westeros?
>>
>>71474093
You said she had no claim. She clearly does. Being the rightful has nothing to do with being recognized, just that you're the rightful heir by law.

>>71474109
>>71474115
You missed the part where she's also the closest surviving relative of Robert as well.
>>
>>71474141
That's not what claim means. Claims are rights within the succession line.
>>
>>71474093
In the first book they talk about how Viserys and Dany received free accommodation due to being the rightful heirs of the throne.

People did recognise their legitimacy, and some still do (Viserys).

>everyone would turn against dany because she's a fucking inbred, mad, crazy batshit targ whore
She has a massive army, the best cavalry known in the world, the strongest fleet and sailors in the world, a prestigious band of mercenaries, and the unsullied, some of the best foot soldiers in the world. She has plenty of support.
>>
>>71474088
A tiny, dead family with absolutely no one to inherit, and an ensuing clusterfuck of claims, trying to figure out who will take the lordship.
>>
>>71474175
>You missed the part where she's also the closest surviving relative of Robert as well.
That's completely wrong, only relation by blood matters.
>>
>>71471540
Someone is gonna kill her. The people will never accept Cersie as queen, and that's why Jaime gave her that concerned look. Also, right after she was named queen, everyone said "long may she reign" and that was the end of the scene. I saw that as a nod to the idea that she may not reign that long at all. Almost like irony or something.
>>
>>71474177
Danny is the only living relative of Aerys so she has every right as successor. Robert swinging his massive hammer doesn't erase the law. People just agreed to ignore the law because they hated the Targs
>>
>>71471801
>No one left to succeed the crown
>One of the most manipulative and spiteful characters in the show swoops in and takes the crown
>need more succession crisis though.
>>
>>71474175
>You missed the part where she's also the closest surviving relative of Robert as well.

That's not how it works dude. She's a member of the house that has been deposed.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EVEN EXPECTED FOR THE PEOPLE TO DO?????
>>
>>71471472
>All Baratheon heirs save for an illegitimate bastard who's dedicated his life to rowing are gone.

That guy is gonna be so jacked by the time he is done rowing.
>>
>>71473945
>Well who is next in line then, smart guy?
Any young man who has blood relation with King Robert

Which means anybody descended from an aunt or great aunt or an uncle of King Robert
>>
>>71474221
You do not know what succession means in this context.
>>
>>71474236
To revolt?

They were already close to revolting before Cersei decided to blow up a whole chunk of the city, killing every popular leader and escape justice.
>>
>>71473674
Jaime and Cercei are the two sides of the coin the gods flip when siring targaryens.

One for glory, the other batshit insanity.

Targaryens are genetically attracted towards one another.

I don't think I need to explain Jaime and Cercei.
>>
>>71474263
you're not putting forward any argument
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.