[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are many religious mythological layers in Batman V Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
There are many religious mythological layers in Batman V Superman & Man of Steel. The most obvious is Snyder’s Superman being a type of Christ-like figure. Superman grew up and tried to live an ordinary life: until he found a spaceship from his home world and was “baptized” by the Ghost of his Father and from that moment, his soul was opened to the truth of his identity.

This mimics the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist. As soon as Jesus stepped into the waters, God’s voice let Jesus know who he really was:
>“This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Batman represents Saul (Paul the Apostle). Before he became a follower of Jesus, Saul lived a cruel and menacing life: wanting to torture Christians and wanting to kill Jesus. Saul was a disbeliever, believing that Jesus was a false God (just like those in Batman V Superman believe that Superman is a false God) before Jesus showed himself to Saul and convinced him.

Acts 9:1-2
> Meanwhile, Saul continued to oppose the Lord’s followers. He said they would be put to death. He went to the high priest. He asked the priest for letters to the synagogues in Damascus. He wanted to find men and women who belonged to the Way of Jesus. The letters would allow him to take them as prisoners to Jerusalem.

But as he was walking one day to Damascus: the Bible states:
>“Suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
>“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.
>“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

Saul eventually realizes the true power of Jesus and begins to worship him; joining forces to unite against evil.
>>
File: Lex.jpg (891 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
Lex.jpg
891 KB, 1500x844
In a similar way Batman begins to realize that Superman is not the real threat; that he has a mother just like Batman did, that both of them deep down want to destroy evil, but Batman in his blind ways just like Saul: had heaps of vengeance and anger that he believed Superman to be the true enemy, “wanting to destroy him” just like Saul wanted to destroy and kill Jesus.

Lex Luthor is symbolic of many of the Ancient Pagan Demi Gods who wanted to rebel and take with them secret knowledge: such as Prometheus who wanted to rebel against Zeus and take the knowledge of fire, The Islamic Jinn (inter dimensional spiritual beings) that hold the keys of knowledge and wanted humans to bow down to them and reject the true creator, Satan from the Bible who rebelled against God and wanted to give secret knowledge to Adam and Eve so they would discontinue in following God.
Lex Luthor wants humanity to reject Superman, his secret knowledge being Kryptonite which he uses to create Doomsday – symbolic of the Bible Revelations passage about “the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit”.
>>
File: 1459211501791.jpg (49 KB, 450x640) Image search: [Google]
1459211501791.jpg
49 KB, 450x640
Welcome to /tv/'s daily pseudo intellectual Snyder thread for every edgy 12 years old

>You are here for ever
>>
>>71467875
>>71467891
something that is key that no one comments on is that superman's divinity is flipped in comparison to jesus

whereas the common interpretation of jesus is one of worship and subservience to an extent superman proves that he is not a figure to be worshiped, to be bowed down to, he effectively becomes completely one of us
the symbol of hope in this case is the good news with the holy spirit being the community of believers, or more aptly those who carry hope within them just as the bat now caries the symbol of hope within it
of course the thing that's total bullshit about this is that the justice league synopsis have proven me and others absolutely right yet there's still people who talk shit. i don't care whether you liked it or not you can't fucking tell me i was wrong about the messages and meanings in the movie

and yeah doomsday chaos monster unholy use of fire of the gods etc etc etc
>>
>>71468946
Mmm I love heretic salt.

Thanks for sharing OP.
Here's more religious imagery discussion.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69361178/
>>
>>71468946
>implying that edgy 12 year olds care about religion and mythology
>>
File: 1462928611451.jpg (105 KB, 984x957) Image search: [Google]
1462928611451.jpg
105 KB, 984x957
>>71469568
thanks for the link, this image is so powerful with pure poetry
>>
>>71469631
Also to notice how much more black and grey his costume is in Man of Steel and then how much more colorful it is in BvS
>>
Lex literally performs a blood ritual in a pagan temple (Kryptonian scout ship) and gives birth to the Anti-Christ (Doomsday) and later performs Communion with Satan himself (Steppenwolf or Darkseid).
>>
File: tmp_1744-1467246371744428461338.png (146 KB, 761x824) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1744-1467246371744428461338.png
146 KB, 761x824
>>71467875
>>
fuck you op
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.