[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Disney fat shaming Polynesians? https://www.yahoo.co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 25
Why is Disney fat shaming Polynesians?

https://www.yahoo.com/style/critics-are-calling-out-disney-1460766368210998.html
>>
FREE MARKETING
>>
seems legit.
>>
>>71452980
All three men are steroid users, not exactly a representative sample pool.
>>
>>71452980
And do they care about all the fat polonesians who now have a role model to look up too, why does it matter if the character is fat if he is proud of his image?
>>
>>71452980
All three men are steroid users, not exactly a representative sample pool.
>>
Recent research suggests that weight stigma precipitates weight gain and increased calorie intake as well as other psychological correlates, such as lower self-esteem and depression.
>>
Samoans are some of the fattest people on earth
>>
>>71452980

>Roman Reigns

LOL. And what the fuck, Rock's dad is black!
>>
I refuse to believe that any Polynesians are mad about this.

1) they're way too chill
2) they're all fat as hell
>>
>Roman Reigns
>hollywood

Roman has a belly too. He has to wrestle with a vest on to hide it.
>>
>one character is fat
>for some reason this means every Polynesian is fat

not every character is a statement about a population, sometimes a character is just a character.

it would be just as dumb to say that if he was skinny they are making the statement that every Polynesian is skinny.

It's not racist to give characters negative attributes, it's realistic.
>>
File: 1464126746114.jpg (114 KB, 1577x1222) Image search: [Google]
1464126746114.jpg
114 KB, 1577x1222
>>71453076
>Hollywood should use representative sample pools

Then they should stop hiring actors after they get thin or fit and only let them lead when they're beach balls.
>>
>>71452980
If they made him skinny, people would just be complaining there were no fat characters.

Go find something else to complain about you hyper-sensitive faggots.
>>
i'm from nz and can confirm that polynesians are fat fucks
>>
>>71452980
>fat shaming
He's clearly strongfat. That is to say, actually built like the strongest men on earth; not Hollywood actors.
>>
>>71452980

He's supposed to be a shapeshifting demigod, he can be as fat as he fucking wants.
>>
That guy looks like could wrestle a great white shark and win. The fuck are they complaining about?
>>
>>71452980
They do know the Polynesian man in the middle is voicing him right? He's ok with it, why should they be upset?

I also I think its clear he's supposed to be big cause he's strong not fat, maybe they don't like how he looks but nothing in the trailer was like "lol look at this fat guy!" he's supposed to be a god, he's strong.
>>
>>71452980

>wall e
>every white person is morbidly obese

hey look it happened to us too guess you Kalua niggers can call off the race war now
>>
>>71452980
Wat, I thought SJW's wanted more fat characters in movies and shows without being pushed as negative?
>>
>>71453353
Agreed fellow kiwibro, let's shout these critics a holiday to Otara
>>
>>71452980
I saw the screening event for Moana at annecy and let me tell you: that character looks fucking good, shaming polynesians my ass, his face has lots of expresivity, his tattoos are 2D animations, he's strong as 10 Rocks.

You wish you were that demigod, broseph.
>>
>>71452980

No, people are fat shaming the character.
>>
The character is based on an actual guy.
>>
>>71452980
No idea who the dude on the left is, but the Rock and Drogo are for sure on steroids
>>
>>71452980

why doesnt this clickbait shit ever have comments enabled
>>
>>71453813
It's women making these claims. In general women don't know shit about muscle or fitness of any kind. Guys are the ones who know/care about the difference between strong, fat, and strongfat.
>>
File: squidscoob.jpg (20 KB, 317x184) Image search: [Google]
squidscoob.jpg
20 KB, 317x184
>>71452980
>two literally who's and the rock
>handsome
>>
AS A WESTERN WHITE MALE I FIND THIS INCREDIBLY OFFENSIVE AND DEMAND THAT WE BOYCOTT DISNEY FOR THIS RACIST DEPICTION #BOYCOTTMICKEY
>>
Idiots saying this aren't the problem. There are morons everywhere. The media are the problem for reporting trivial shit like this.
>>
Is he just supposed to be generic Polynesian, or from Hawaii or Samoa?

Not giving him a distinct ethnicity seems like thee thing that people would be getting mad about, like with Aladdin.
>>
>>71453981
Aside from that though isn't the Rock doing his voice? That's the guy in the middle of that picture no?

So what the hell they're "hot Polynesian man" is totally cool with it but they think they can say no this is wrong? Pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>71454064

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C4%81ui_(Hawaiian_mythology)
>>
1. Pacific Islanders are some of the fattest people on Earth

2. The Rock and Roman Reigns were born in America (not sure who the other guy is)

3. The Rock had titty surgery in 2003 because he was developing fatty man breasts
>>
>>71452980
Polynesians that were raised in American and in some cases not even full Polynesian. They're obviously cherry picking too. 90% the Rock and Roman's relatives are fucking huge dudes. They're the outliers.
>>
>>71454248
Apparently he's not only from Hawaii, anon, he's in the mythology of many other islands.
>>
>>71454248

So he's supposed to be the Hawaiian Superman?

I always figured from his build and tattoos that he was supposed to be Samoan.
>>
>>
>>71452980
>Reigns
>hollywood
Did I miss something?
>>
>>71452980
>critics/sjws not considering he's fat which means even when people shame him, he doesn't let it get to him

Get a fucking spine you pussy willows.
>>
>>71454421
iknowrite?

Miz>Reigns
>>
>>71453172
>It's simple...we eat the iRex.
>>
>>71454418
From what they told us at the Annecy screening, he's supposed to be a legend from all around the Polynesia, changing from total hero to trickster/hero depending on the place.

I'm 100% sure it's not only based on Hawaii by any means.
>>
I don't think I've ever seen a Polynesian in real life that wasn't obese, including their children
>>
In the same trailer there are other characters showed, they aren't all fat.
Another non-issue blew up by the media.
>>
>>71452980

Who is Rikishi?
>>
>>71452980
Samoans are extremely fat, many polynesians are, we have huge family dinners several times a year, food is a big part of the culture and you eat a lot of it. People like the Rock and the other guys in that image are extremely rare. And would these people call the character fat and ugly if it was a female instead? Or would they applaude the studio instead?
>>
I honestly thought that was all muscle not fat. Am I the only one that thought that?
>>
>>71453172
I'd still fuck her
Also leave Chris Phat alone!
>>
http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/29-most-obese-countries-in-the-world.html

Hmmmm. I wonder why they made him obese.
>>
>>71454511

Most Hawaiians aren't obese, and many are actually really attractive. It used to be considered a sign of wealth and nobility in Hawaiian culture to be obese, but it's not the norm.
>>
>>71454418
polynesian/pacific islander is the largest distributed ethnicity in the world. Anthropologists agree they pretty much invented navigation by stars back when everyone else was busy re-inhabiting Europe and Asia. All of Polynesia is pretty much one cultural continuum.
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358371/American-Samoas-battle-obesity-95-cent-nation-declared-overweight.html

>95% obese

Huh, I wonder why they'd depict a polynesian as fat.
>>
File: fat mac.jpg (207 KB, 426x639) Image search: [Google]
fat mac.jpg
207 KB, 426x639
>mfw people think he's fat when he's clearly just cultivating mass
>>
>>71453353

nzfag here.

can also confirm that polynesians are fat fucks. polynesian families have been known to put buffet style restaurants out of business.
>>
>>71452980
christ the woman isn't fat and the rock character is just builtfat, and what the fuck happened to fat acceptance. Whatever, I would actually be glad about this controversy if it hurt disney in any way which it won't
>>
He has a good, interesting design.

When you put him side by side with other characters in the movie you can also tell that he's not all the way there on the human side, he's kinda massive. The rest of the people shown in the movie are way more fit than actual polynesians, I'd bet.
>>
File: mark-hunt_8925_right70.png (517 KB, 504x755) Image search: [Google]
mark-hunt_8925_right70.png
517 KB, 504x755
Polynesians are thick af.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6WKfhj1lE0

where was the controversy here?
>>
>>71453076
Steroids don't make you thin
>>
>>71453113
it's true. Even fucking Somoans know this. I literally saw a dude wearing some fucking Polynesian clothing line and apparently their mascot is a silhouette of a dude with triple neck-back chin. I can't find the picture but I swear to God, these people are proud of their fatness.
>>
>>71454758
It was like that in pretty much every culture in the world, because it used to be that only rich people could get fat.

These days being fat is a sign of being poor and stupid.
>>
>>71454983
They do tho

Or at least, significantly increase your fat burn percentage, instead of muscle
>>
God pacific islanders are the most eternally assblasted race in existence. Not even niggers are this sensitive.
>>
>>71454712
Chris Pratt went from being a chubby 2-bit actor in a TV show to a cut A-lister. He literally does not need some NEET defending him online. He's fucking supermodels, right now.
>>
>>71455053

>eternally assblasted
>live in literal paradise and are know for being laid back as fuck

What are you on about now?
>>
>>71454813

i never even considered the character as fat until i saw this thread. thought he was just some big fucker. whatevs.
>>
>>71455053
It's white suburbanite womyn getting offended, as per usual.
>>
>>71455187
>paradise

all the good land is full of hotels and tourist shit. The actual natives live on the crap land

also everything is expensive because they live on an island and have to import everything
>>
>>71452980
>roman reins
>hollywood
Bit of a stretch
>>
>>71455056
I'm guessing the "leave ______ alone !" Meme is a little before your time.
And Pratt is probably fuckin his wife right now, considering his strong family values.
>>
>>71452980

>According to New Zealand politician Jenny Salesa, the body shape of Maui is cause for concern.
>New Zealand politician

oh, for fuck's sake, this country is so embarrassing.
>>
>>71455284

I grew up in Hawaii, and while everything you said is true, it's still paradise, unless maybe you live in some Honolulu ghetto.

>hawaiian people don't live on beach front property so it must be crap land

Only 1% of people live right on the ocean.
>>
>>71452980
I'm guessing a white person made this image right? Do they know that Samoan men are big as fuck?
>>
I can pretty much guarantee you that there are about five actual Polynesians who give a fuck about this
>>
File: jenny salesa.jpg (144 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
jenny salesa.jpg
144 KB, 1252x1252
>>71455466

that fucking hairline is for concern.

she looks like a boring fuck.
>>
>>71452980
Retarded tumblr whales don't know what strongfat looks like. This dude has magic powers, but even without them he'll fuck your shit up.
>>
>>71452980
have you seen Hawaiians in real life? The obesity epidemic is far worse among native Americans.
>>
>>71455654
Native Americans are the original niggers. They were in the ghetto way before niggers were. It's no surprise they have terrible health.
>>
>>71454418
>So he's supposed to be the Hawaiian Superman?

Exactly.

I'll be slightly pissed if this song isn't in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hszzs8BwqLc
>>
>do a film about one of the smallest populations on Earth
>people still complain
>>
>>71454967

I'm going to have a good laugh when he knocks out Lesnar.
>>
>>71455715

I don't get what the problem is if he's literally supposed to be a strong god character. Of course he's going to eat a big boy portion of poi and not give a fuck what anybody thinks.
>>
>>71452980
Reminder al Pacific islanders get fat because they were supposed to starve in the winter and fatten up in summer. I'd hate it if my metabolism was like that
>>
>>71453125
Of course not. It's patronizing white people who are getting offended on their behalf.
>>
>>71452980
I live in south auckland and Disney's pretty accurate
>>
>>71453033
Fucking this. How stupid is the internet (this board included) in continuing to further this irrelevant shit under the pretense of having their SJW/Anti-SJW circlejerk.
AND THEY'RE DOING IT FOR FREE!
Morons.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Reminder that next to maybe Eddie Aikau this guy is considered one of the top heroes and cultural treasures to modern Hawaiians.
>>
>>71455785
Screencapped

You'll be wrong
>>
>>71455888

it was actually a polynesian woman making the complaint.
>>
>>71453115
His grandfather was from Samoa (he's also in You Only Live Twice and fights James Bond).
>>
>>71453125
pretty much this
>>
>>71456204
>His grandfather was from Samoa

all niggers are the same.
>>
>>71455053

Polynesians are chill as fuck, it's white and blacks who are getting mad about this.
>>
>>71456331

This. I imagine most actual Pacific Islanders watching this and going [*in pidgen*] "ha ha! dat fat fukka look jus like my cuisine keole!"
>>
Racism can be construed from basically anything if someone is looking for examples of racism. If Disney were to somehow downplay the existence of the character in the OP, another Polynesian could look at that and conclude that the racists at Disney are trying to ignore the existence of Polynesians. Is it any wonder that racism appears to be everywhere when this is your world?

We need to begin by smashing the premise: The fact that you feel that you're being discriminated against and can build some scenario in your head that involves racism does not make it true, or even tip the scales in favor of it being true. You cannot see into the heads of the people around you. "Listen and believe" is robbing the target that you're accusing of anything resembling a voice. This is why the only fair, non-hypocritical way to approach the problem of racism is with objectivity and evidence.

Of course, that would basically destroy all of the foundations of the far left establishment, who rely on running from objectivity to keep building their power. People who aren't scared and ignorant also aren't as profitable as those who are, which is a big concern for these profit-oriented public speakers and article writers who drive the far left. That's why they're never going to leave of their own free will, and why we need to throw them out by force.
>>
>>71452980
>3 Hottest men in Hollywood
You mean The Rock and his two nobody cousins?
>>
File: 1467208922162.gif (1000 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467208922162.gif
1000 KB, 500x500
>>71452980
Maybe Moana gets a boyfriend that represents those 3 dudes.
>>
It's Disney tradition to have a big bellied, comedic relief sidekick. This movie is only an issue because it's already a stereotype that Pacific Islanders look like that.
>>
File: 1452022432781.jpg (102 KB, 721x767) Image search: [Google]
1452022432781.jpg
102 KB, 721x767
>>71452980
what the fuck is a polyasian? I just see 3 brown guys with a bit of a tan
why do americans care so much about races?
>>
>>71456601

You mean Karl Drogo and a couple literal nobody "wrestlers"?
>>
>>71455993
Iz was so based
>>
Why are they bodyshaming this male from a minority? do they really want sex objectification in a kids movie?
>>
>>71452980

liberalism has gone too far
>>
>>71452980
The Rock is just mixed race African. His ancestors are slaves.

As for actual polynesians they are fat motherfucks.
>>
>>71455993
That's a male?
>>
>>71456840
It's ok to be aroused
>>
>>71456730
>Why do leftists care so much about race?
Fixed
>>
File: 1420606309291.jpg (15 KB, 236x353) Image search: [Google]
1420606309291.jpg
15 KB, 236x353
>american identity politics is now ruining young polynesians

fooking pakeha
>>
More and more ridiculous outcried for smaller and smaller things is what will kill currend day liberalism.
>>
>>71453859
>All fat
>Never addresed the fact that they are all literally dying
>That they all have massive health issues
>That NONE can ever recover as they are all with deformed bones
>All this is presented in a funny way desensitizing the problem
>All the fat people is presented as being able to live sitted only with cool technology at hand

Wall-I was a massive brainwash, glad you fell for it. I hope your wife's son buy it too, now that he is still, with his 24 years, in development.
>>
>>71452980
tch fuck off yahoo fags he looks fucking great and the rock, momoa and that other cunt look like pure shit
>>
>>71456948

I don't know who that is but she's 15-20% Polynesian blood at most.
>>
>>71455053
t. /pol/ - fat, dumb, white kid pity party
>>
>>71457004
Shut up whale.
>>
>>71456962
In the credit sequence you seem them become unfat over time, and I would just say that their superior future medical tech helped their bones reshape in a way that wouldn't kill them, gradually over time. Wall-E has probably the best end credit sequence of any Pixar movie to date.
>>
Australian here, if they made him a drunk ex crim then it would be uncanny how similar to your usual Polynesian is
>>
>>71456840
Best tit fuck in the pacific.
>>
>>71456962

>Wall-I was a massive brainwash

Wall-e was the most based Disney (or whatever studio) movie probably ever made.

Do you really not understand that the fat people thing was a joke aimed at the parents? That we live in a post-ironic, sarcastic as fuck age where everybody understands that some things are terrible for us and are taking the culture in a terrible direction, and will joke about it but not care enough to give up modern conveniences to do anything about it.

The fat people were supposed to be the audience goer staring back at them sitting in an air-conditioned theater with a soda, popcorn, candy, and comfy reclining chair.
>>
>>71456557
Problem is, the cases with objetivity and evidence can still get tampered and not get any resolution.
Racial HATE, it's real. It is hard to prove, if the aggressor is not loud and idiotic, like skinheads. I know a lot people like that.

Racial whatever it's called, when it's you cut a black person from getting a job ? Fuck if I know. May be a social construction, a leeser degree of racial hate, people using excuses or all made up.

When both are in the same case, it's hard to get a satisfying resolution.
>>
>>71457078
Assblasted
>>
>>71452980
>fat shaming
thats fat incivility you faggot.What you are doing is far shaming
>>
>>71457259
My father didn't even have a cellphone untill a few months ago. Parents that went to the movies in 2008 didn't live in the isolated tech world that fats lived in the movie. This kid's generation, live in the isolated tech world.
That's not Disney's foreshadowing.
That's not Disney critizacing a rampant snowballing cellphone trend.
That's Disney brainwashing ad they have been doing this since forever.
Disney sell dreams since the first park opened. They don't have to be real dreams. Because it doesn't even matter if the dreams are satisfying, and give meaning to the kids, or not. Disney is a company. Not a charity.
>>
>>71456730
identity politics are built on race. you can't learn where you fit on the chart ranking systems of oppression if you do not know what category everyone fits. Im not going to lose the oppression olympics just because you are too lazy to learn about your privilege
>>
All three of those dues in OP's pic are mixed race. Rock and Roman have African in them. Other dude has Greec.

Samoans are just naturally big dudes.
>>
>>71455960

>implying advermemeing with ragebait isn't the best form of free advertising
>>
>>71457516

>That's not Disney's foreshadowing

The point wasn't that they were foreshadowing, it's that they were commenting one things that many movie goers were already joking about in a highly hypocritical way. Nothing was ever mentioned about cellphones, and the fact that your dad was among the many holdouts (I've never owned a smarphone, btw) doesn't make any difference.
>>
>>71452980
its well known that polynesians are huge as fuck.

its not even a bad stereotype, its seen as them being bigger and stronger generally
>>
does the rock have to workout extra hard to combat his obese island genes or does it help since fat is easily turned into muscle?
>>
File: 14521389713.jpg (54 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
14521389713.jpg
54 KB, 658x1024
>>71457918
He got liposuction surgery around 10 years ago. Though he was still pretty buff before then.
>>
>>71457261

They're far less likely to be tampered with when the people who do the research aren't actively being taught that the feelings of their arbitrarily selected poor oppressed groups are more important than the evidence.

This post-modern bullshit doesn't do the world one ounce of good, or serve any purpose beyond obscuring objective truths. It's not scientific or intellectually sound, and it needs to go.

>when it's you cut a black person from getting a job ?

Stuff like this can be proven with research. I can think of a few things to look at right away:

-Are these black candidates as qualified as their competition? It would be racist to hire them if not.
-Or perhaps, are black workers continuously running to labor unions over nothing and causing trouble for the employers, leading to the employers being wary about bringing a new troublemaker on board? And did these candidates who got rejected show signs of this mentality?

See, you can look at the employer and ask questions to get a pretty good feel for whether it's racism or something else.

>You just listed a racist scenario!

Racial profiling is not the same as racism. Racism is, by definition, biased. Racial profiling is a form of gathering evidence from one's background to predict a behavior. For the sake of fairness, they should attempt to gather further information to make sure that the way that they were born doesn't unfairly block them. Will this guy call the union and scream racism when we don't replace his broken office chair right away? See if you can get that from him. His feelings being hurt by the question is something that needs to be struck from relevance in legal terms, as his feelings have no bearing on whether someone else is biased.
>>
>>71452980
>shitskins
>hottest men in Hollywood

rofl, who comes up with this shit
>>
I thought they didn't want us fat shaming tho'
>>
>>71454977
>tfw you dont live in the south pacific and get drunk all the time
a man can dream
>>
>>71452980
Samoans have one of the only cultures on Earth where fat = good.
>>
>>71458110

There is literally nothing that you can do to please these people. If you followed a word by word instruction set from a group of SJWs on what to do for a project, another group that's not aware of the first group will find prejudice in your work.

That's how these emotion-driven movements that "feel" prejudice and shun the need to prove it operate.
>>
File: 1.1298184449.big-polynesian[1].jpg (123 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1.1298184449.big-polynesian[1].jpg
123 KB, 550x413
>>71452980
>3 Hottest Men In Hollywood Are Part Polynesian

Fixed.

I however am fully Polynesian and let me tell you, most of us are fat as fuck. It's in our DNA. If we aren't either constantly physically active or make a conscious effort to never ever consume carbs, we turn into fatasses.
>>
>>71455993
Iz was the man.
That nigga can make me cry.
>>
>>71458322
Do you think it's the average diet?
Every Polynesian dish I've ever seen is fatass food.
>>
>>71452980
So let me get this straight....

>SJWs cry that there are no fat good guys in Disney films
>Not only do they make one, but they make a fat brown good guy partnered with a brown female protagonist
>Now it's "fatshaming"

What do these people actually want?
>>
>>71453172
She ain't fat bruh
She just a li'l thick
>>
>>71452980
Who the fuck is that on the left? For a second I thought you put Jason Momoa twice
>>
>>71458437
>What do these people actually want?
To complain.
>>
>>71458437

You're assuming that their movement has a specific set of end goals, and they use logic to reach for said goals.

In reality, their movement is founded in what they feel at the moment. When you go to school for this stuff, this how they encourage you to think. This is already going into full blown "we need to oppress people who are white, male, straight, healthy, and/or disagree with us!" territory, and it's only going to get worse until they're sent screaming and cursing out of our institutions.
>>
>>71452980
Are these niggas serious?
The dude is built just like Wreck It Ralph.
Was that fat shaming?
>>
>>71458615
ROMAN REIGNS NIGGA

Not an actor as far as I know.
>>
>>71452980
That's how they look irl though, especially the women
>>
>>71458019
>Or perhaps, are black workers continuously running to labor unions over nothing and causing trouble for the employers, leading to the employers being wary about bringing a new troublemaker on board? And did these candidates who got rejected show signs of this mentality?
Probably not; I live in a right to work state.
>>
>>71458720

>get on a stage (the ring)
>pretend to fight
>act hurt, act aggressive, showboat
>cut promos
>act out your character's feelings, not necessarily your own
>tell the audience a story

Wrestlers are actors, though.
>>
>liberals still wonder why people are starting to turn against them
>>
Polys are THICC
>>
>>71458869
Should have clarified. He's not a 'Hollywood' actor as the image implied.
>>
>>71458638

I used to think that, but upon learning more about them and the foundations of their movement (I probably know more about it than most of them do at this point), this behavior is actually embedded into their ideology.

As I've said a few times in this thread, they view prejudice as something to be felt by the "oppressed", and (according to them) they have no obligation to prove it or even be logically consistent. All that matters is that a poor oppressed brown person feels that he's being discriminated against, and they need to stop it. Their "academics" will say that attempts to actually look at the problems objectively with a specific set of goals and scientific research not viewed through a post-modern (look this up if you don't know about it) lens will lead into eugenics and fascism. They actively fight against positivists, who want to approach social issues scientifically.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
>>71458322

>If we aren't either constantly physically active or make a conscious effort to never ever consume carbs, we turn into fatasses

Reminds me of a quote I saw a few months ago where somebody asked karl drogo if he had to have any special swimming training to play aqua man and he said something like, "you crazy brah? I'm Hawaiian".
>>
>>71458433

Traditional Hawaiian food is healthy and lean as fuck. Modern Hawaiian food is rice drenched in soy sauce and mayo laden macaroni salad with a side of spam.
>>
>>71458662

>when you go to school for this stuff

I really think you're overthinking this.

It's just board millennials on social media who realized they can can scream and nitpick the littlest things and get a response from people because it's considered pc. For the most part I think it's exactly the same as people who post on 4chan; they're just bored and need something do on when sitting in front of the computer. Most of them aren't trying to change the world, their just arguing about bullshit to pass the time.
>>
Its not a stereotype if its true
>>
>Its a "white people getting mad on behalf of a minority that doesn't give a shit" episode

Yawn, I've seen this one a thousand times this year
>>
>>71458869
Have you ever seen hum cut a promo? Wrestlers are actors, but Roman ain't an actor.
>>
>>71459617

I'm saying that this is the mentality that leads into the screaming, and their bullshit has even progressed as far as to be taught in academia as how professionals in the social sciences and the media should behave.

It doesn't come from out of nowhere. You also can't just handwave it as "lol millennials, they're harmless". They vote, and they go into the media and academia so that they can push this bullshit more and see to it that the head-nodding continues. It might be stupid as fuck, but that's really what makes it a serious problem.

>>71459667

On the contrary, stereotypes come into existence because there's something truth behind them.

It's not racism if it's true, though.
>>
>>71454983

My sweet summer child
>>
>>71459841

>lol millennials, they're harmless

I graduated from a very leftwing liberal arts college in '07 so I guess I'm technically a millennial, but things were nothing like they are now back then, and there's nowhere else to blame other than youtube and social media, that give an instantaneous global voice to an extreme vocal minority.

You spend 30 minutes writing a clickbait article problematizing the dumbest little thing in a major Hollywood movie and the next day that's what people are talking about around the watercooler (or sharing through their social media, which is how everything apparently works these days).
>>
>>71456749

found the jabroni
>>
>>71452980
yeah that roman reigns pic is shopped to hell and back btw.

there is a reason why he is alway wearing this stupid swat-gear when in the ring.

yeah i know its bait.
>>
>>71455318
>considering his strong family values.
>Chris Pratt is a Christfag
Pathetic. I lost all respect for him.
>>
>>71453353
This. NZ has more polys than the islands do and I can count the number of fit ones I've seen in my entire life on my fingers.

And they were all criminals. The fat ones are usually nicer
>>
File: 1451847071277.gif (32 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451847071277.gif
32 KB, 200x200
>>71454004
>not knowing who jason momoa is
>not handsome
mad hick cuck detected
>>
File: 1451851646325.jpg (31 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1451851646325.jpg
31 KB, 313x286
>>71457268
>he disagrees with me so he must be assblasted
this is why I left /pol/ because little faggots like you are more sensitive than any of the races you call out supposedly to be.
>>
I don't know much about other Pacific Islanders, but if anyone is interested about what Hawaiians actually care about white people thinking about them, I'd highly recommend, "Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau" (it's on Netflix if that's your thing).
>>
>>71460291

Discount Conan is not famous.
>>
>>71460078

They were definitely there in 2006. My sociology instructor was teaching this shit, and I've been seeing it in the media for as long as I can remember.

The difference is that they just stayed in their ivory towers while people on the outside begrudgingly accepted the rule of PC garbage.

People advocate being quiet, but that's precisely what caused this problem to begin with and allowed them to entrench themselves and cement their bullshit as "just the way things are". Speak while you still can without police coming in to haul you off to jail.

>social media

I'd pin this recent boom on a long standing establishment sensing people's growing discontent with them.

Social media has been something of a double edged sword for these guys, and I'd actually say that the sharper edge is pointed at them. Even though the old media try to control information with a heavy far left wing bias, youtube and the social media websites allow criticism and information that they don't like to circulate regardless. Of course, the channels that we use to organize and communicate are also a part of this establishment, and are actively trying to shut down criticism of the far left by labeling arguing with them as harassment or hate speech.
>>
>>71460227
>And they were all criminals. The fat ones are usually nicer

Since they can't run from the police they became the le polite may may man.
>>
The rest of the Rock and Reigns family are large.
>Jimmy and Jey Uso
>Rikishi
>Wild Samoans
>Nia Jay
>Umaga

All are quite hefty. Even Samoa Joe, not at all related to the above is a large man. It's in their DNA, it seems.
>>
>>71460629
>it's in their DNA, it seems

Fuck off racist white faggot
>>
>>71460552

I thought we were talking about stupid, outspoken wackos who nitpick shit like a Samoan being depicted as fat in a Disney feature film, but you're full on bat shit, tinfoil hat delusional.

Times are a changing, largely because everyone has the internet in their pocket, but it's really not that big of a deal, and really doesn't affect anything that important in your life.
>>
>>71456948

Hey cuz, good to see another brown cunt on here fighting those fuckers.

I'm pretty wound up over this bullshit cultural appropriation. I bet Maori don't even get a mention in this movie eh.
>>
>>71460739

So what, you think that this came out of nowhere? No rhyme or reason other than "people like to complain"? There's a very well documented progression behind this shit. It's not new. Basically, you're looking at the feces of the civil rights era, the irrational aspects of it. That's not tinfoil, that's history.

Yeah, it has no effect on anything important. Except affirmative action, divorce courts, silencing white people and men in the office and college during inter-racial or inter-sex disputes that touch on political correctness, removal of free expression for artists, places in our large cities that are statistically more dangerous than active war zones...nothing big.

It has an origin, and I don't believe that stopping it is hopeless. A mixture of throwing them out of academia (their source of validity in the professional world) and a bit of meme warfare in the same vein as what destroyed emos could basically end them.
>>
>>71454992
>these people are proud of their fatness
very true. fatness means power to them
>>
>>71461068

You're quite ignorant, and I'm too drunk to write an essay on the many different ways.
>>
This one Samoan on a season of The Biggest Loser explained that in their culture, they actually are unironically proud of how fat they are able to get. It's a power thing, and it's not that far out.
Think about it, would you want to tangle with a dude that weighs like 3 times what you do and is strong enough to carry it all around? You could fucking die if he fell on you the right way.
>>
So...what's the line between "representation" and "offensive stereotype"?
>>
>>71456204
the rock is only samoan on his mother's side
>>
>>71461317
MMM, YES, QUITE, QUITE.
>>
I have lived on guam and Hawaii. Pacific islanders are fat fucks. They are also generally laid back and chill. Sjws need to kill themselves.
>>
>>71459415
>mayo
>spam
>healthy

Are you pretending to be stupid?
>>
>>71464180
try reading his post again
>>
>>71464180
>dat 10/10 reading comprehension
>>
>wahh we want more fat representation in media

ok

>WHY DID YOU MAKE HIM FAT?

ok
>>
>>71452980
shoo shoo shill
>>
Reminder that it's LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to win with these types of people so it's not even worth getting mad over.

>WE WANT MORE OBESE PEOPLE REPRESENTED IN MEDIA
>Okay, here's an obese character who is charismatic, funny, powerful, and isn't just a side character whose only purpose is comic relief!

>NO WHAT THE FUCK WHY DID YOU MAKE HIM OBESE THAT'S OFFENSIVE TO A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T ACTUALLY CARE AT ALL YOU SHITLORDS
>>
>>71455284
Poly/white mix here. I can't speak for the other pacific islands, but Samoa is 100% Samoan owned and every village I've been to looks like a picturesque paradise, food is cheap, and only a small percentage of beachfront is occupied by hotels. Not only that but all hotels or resorts are owned and operated by the nearby village.

They are generally fat tho. But also strong. Look up the percentage of nfl players with a Polynesian background, it's nuts
>>
>>71454865
You're just wheezing and eating.
>>
>>71452980
the guy on the left isn't even hot
>>
>>71453876
Only if they're not a /marginalized minority/. Check your privilege anon :^]
>>
>>71454983
Pls be bait
>>
>>71455466

Why in this situation though. New Zealand has the biggest Polynesian population in the world and the politician who said this is Polynesian herself. It's not like it's some white American teenager
>>
>>71457077

With that Necklace shes Maori and if you called a a Maori a Polynesian he would probably punch your teeth in
>>
>>71454977
>it's a magnum pi preview that spoils the episode
>>
Ironic.

In hamfisted attempt to fight for what they think is a silenced minority, they are in fact enforcing ideal white male body types on people who are not white.

Hawaiians sure as shit didn't "cut" when they wanted to be big back then. That is almost exclusively a western thing. Check your privilege, critics.
>>
>>71452980
Anti-fat is code for anti-Samoan
>>
I thought fat acceptance was the cool thing? Oh wait, the fatty is a man so his fatness isn't accepted by tumblr.
>>
>>71454015
Mickey Mouse is racist as fuck desu. He wears gloves because back in those days black actors had to wear black gloves for some reason
>>
>>71467268
I saw the cracked article too, dude.
>>
>>71452980
>Roman Reigns
>in Hollywood

Vince's plan hasn't got that far yet.
>>
>>71467300
I read it from the weekly donald duck magazine in ~2002
>>
>>71452980
samoan warriors do look like that though
>>
>>71467435
Ducks can't write, you fuck.
>>
>>71453125

My Polynesian friend isn't fat, but he's stacked.

He actually likes the design of the character a lot.

Also have they forgotten about the petite Polynesian girl?
>>
>>71467516
Well duh, Donald has a personal typist
>>
>polynesians

ew. it's what happens when native niggers get wet.
>>
>>71455053

T. Triggered stormfag

Haven't you got other boards to spam your hatred towards minorities in?
>>
>>71453912
Maui is a mythic figure ala Herculues, or Achilles.
He was most certainly not an actual guy.
>>
>>71456919

>why do alt right wingers care about race

FTFY
>>
>>71455053
Polyniasians aren't the ones complaining.
>>
File: mpfk07rLU11s960coo1_1280.jpg (66 KB, 604x452) Image search: [Google]
mpfk07rLU11s960coo1_1280.jpg
66 KB, 604x452
>>71460629

Roman used to be big too, before the juice and blue contacts
>>
File: The boulder.png (128 KB, 353x342) Image search: [Google]
The boulder.png
128 KB, 353x342
>>71452980
Polynesian reporting in, I'm fat as fuck desu
>>
Pacific islanders are really fucking fat on average.
>>
>>71467777
yes and everyone knows you islanders are fatties.

And nobody has a problem with that.
>>
>>71467796
You mirin my quads brah?
>>
>>71452980
Polynesians like Aborigines have a higher risk of obesity and diabetes when they live on a western diet. Those 3 hot men are not the norm.
>>
All 3 are only half islander.

Also all 3 are roiding to fuck and have nothing better to do than lift weights.
>>
>>71467777
You're a big guy
>>
>>71453125
>2) they're all fat as hell
Pretty much why they're mad
>>
>>71455785
Not happening
Leonard was sick af during his mma stint
>>
>>71459241

>this behavior is actually embedded into their ideology

You don't know what ideology means, with respect to critical theory, which I assume you are attempting to discuss.

>they have no obligation to prove it or even be logically consistent

What marxist, feminist, postcolonial, etc. theory have you actually read? Because that's literally the whole point of it- to explain how the oppressive mechanisms function.

>objectively
>scientific goals

Here's the thing: science used to be called "natural science", distinguished from "social science". Natural science dropped it's prefix, "natural", and is now just called "science", thereby situating itself as the only method of determining truth value. This can confuse because effaces the assumptions of a "scientific" approach and excludes other methods of pursuing truth value as illegitimate.

I get the sense from your post that, whatever you did actually read, if anything at all, you read it with the mindset of a Dawkins worshipper reading the bible. If you actually read any decent feminist theory (for example) and give it a fair shot, it will explain quite clearly how patriarchal power structures function to oppress women. You can then evaluate for yourself whether you agree or disagree with these claims.

Disclaimer: I am not bashing science- I am not an idiot. I am simply saying that there are insightful ideas to be arrived at by means other than "scientific". Your assumption otherwise reveals your deep entrenchment in ideology (a crucial term that you abuse and misunderstand).
>>
File: Roadhog_Islander.jpg (89 KB, 680x766) Image search: [Google]
Roadhog_Islander.jpg
89 KB, 680x766
Apologize.
>>
>>71452980
This guy isn't even fat, he's bear-mode. He's a bit pudgy but most of that is solid muscle.
>>
According to the article it's some MP saying "this is unacceptable" and like, one other Polynesian guy nobody's ever heard of complaining.

Everyone else can see that this guy is strong as fuck and his body shape is clearly stylised. This is an animated feature we're talking about.
>>
File: 1440908138721.gif (1 MB, 276x232) Image search: [Google]
1440908138721.gif
1 MB, 276x232
>>71453172
>THAT THICCNESS
>>
File: e2a.jpg (16 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
e2a.jpg
16 KB, 720x405
Disney loves pillaging cultures for movie settings and there will always be someone upset about it. Did you know Hercules didn't follow Greek mythology perfectly? Yeah but it James Woods as Hades, so who cares.

It's the Polynesian communities turn to enjoy a little fake moral outrage. Let them have it. Most of the comments I've seen think Maui looks cool anyway.
>>
File: polynesians.jpg (1016 KB, 2042x3728) Image search: [Google]
polynesians.jpg
1016 KB, 2042x3728
>>71452980

the average polynesian have looks like this.

disney is only being realistic. but of course reality is RACIST!

>these people who do this need to die
>>
Least they cast a tall Maori woman for the big Martian marine in The Expanse.
>>
>>71454983
Why would you even feel the need to say that if you have 0 understanding on the matter
>>
>>71452980
The Rock had titty surgery
>>
>>71469724

That's a big Poly.
>>
>>71456948
>>71466905
Modern "Maori" are all mixed with white people anyway. I've met people who are legitimately maori that look as white as a brit.
>>
We've known about this movie ever since Frozen was still ruling the goddamn world.
they revealed the character designs last summer.
why the fuck are people JUST NOW complaining?

>>71460546
>discount conan
>is on the most popular show on cable
>is also Aquaman
>not famous
sure buddy
>>
>>71452980
Why is facebook ugly-shaming 3DCG characters??
>>
>>71452980
LOL. These guys are mixed-race thats why they look nice. Try going for a pure-blood polynesian; basically a fat filipino.
>>
>>71470973
Because he's uglier than 3DPD that's why.
>>
>>71470867

Strange. I've been meeting aborigines who look Eurasian/ white.
>>
>>71470968
>why the fuck are people JUST NOW complaining?
Markettting.
>>
because people from every nation can be either fat slobs or beautiful super models?

you dumb fucks.
>>
>>71452980
>ONE CHARACTER MUST REPRESENT EVERYONE OF A MINORITY
Why are non-white heterosexual males so retarded?
>>
>>71452980
>3 hottest men
>>
>>71452980

>complaining about how a literal god looks in an animated kids film

I think they wanted the "he's a big teddy bear" angle.
Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.