[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Potential Finding Dory spoilers ahead, not sure how strict /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Finding-Dory-Gerald.gif (2 MB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
Finding-Dory-Gerald.gif
2 MB, 500x277
Potential Finding Dory spoilers ahead, not sure how strict /tv/ is for these (first time here) but I just want to play it safe.

Anyone else think that Gerald was the worst part of the movie?

Like, the movie is about accepting people who are different and then throws in this piece of comedic relief that does just the opposite.

I'm bummed because this is something you'd expect out of a DreamWorks movie, not Pixar. There was no need for this to be in the movie especially when it goes against the central theme.

Maybe if the sea lions had learned something out of it, but nope.
>>
Gerald one of the awesome part of the movies.
WTF are you talking
>>
Gerald was just an annoying sea-lion who wanted to be "in the club".

He's just playing around.
>>
>>71452526

People are not obliged to offer special treatment and privileges to the physically or mentally infirm. If they do so out of personal feelings of charity, fine, but when people like you talk like it should be mandatory, you make people like me want to slap you silly.

Stop whining like a little baby, and open your eyes to the real world before it gets the better of you..
>>
>>71456117

and eats you alive.
>>
>>71452526
Gerald was just a silly cartoony weirdo, there was no indication he was impaired in any way. Besides in the post-credits scene he finally gets the rock anyway.
>>
>>71452526
>(first time here)

you need to go back
>>
>>71456237
When was your first time on /tv/?
>>
>>71456117
Not implying that they should get special treatment, but I don't think that teasing Gerald was appropriate for the film, anyway.
>>
It was literally just an excuse to have "off" instead of "arf" because "mine" was a meme last time and they want that sweet meme-money. That is it.

Looking any deeper into the psychology of the writers in this instance is a waste of time.
>>
>>71456614

That's life, Percy. Don't be such a thin-skinned wimp.

If you ever have children, I hope you don't raise then to be pussies. In the real world, only the strong survive.
>>
Gerald was one of the best parts of it, along with the slow motion truck crash at the end.
>>
>>71456683

At one point, a flock of seagulls flies over at some distance, and they're all saying, "mine".
>>
>>71456952
Nah, anyone who can manage a roof over their heads and enough calories to not starve can generally survive at least a few decades. Statistically speaking they are even likely to reproduce.

You only have to be strong to survive if your strength is ever tested and your survival itself is on the line. Most people get by on dumb luck and calories, like any other animal does.
>>
>>71456952
The theme of the movie was accepting people despite their disabilities.

The scenes with Gerald completely conflicted with that. I don't care how you feel about survival of the fittest in the real world, it's inconsistent with the central theme of the movie. Especially considering this is a movie for kids.

Again, this is something I expect out of DreamWorks, not Pixar.
>>
>>71457053

So are you saying if you are solvent enough, you can afford to be a pussy?
>>
>>71452526
this is the one part of the trailer that made me exhale through my nose. he's just a funny looking sea lion and they're barking at him. that's humorous.
>>
>>71457144
Same deal with Becky, barely even a character, just a utility.
>>
>>71457144
>considering this is a movie for kids.

All the more reason to include themes that teach them to be tough, and not whiny, dependent man children.
>>
>>71456420
20 years ago probably
>>
>>71457161
That is exactly what I am saying. If you don't need to scrape to survive you don't need to be strong. It's why most SJWs and /pol/istians have very pampered lives and look for dumb shit to get triggered about online.
>>
>>71457144
>considering this is a movie for kids

So that means it's an indoctrination film.
>>
>>71457315

You talk like tender meat.
>>
>>71457144
Are you a mom or something?
>>
>>71452526

Gerald is an annoying asshole.

He needs to go find his own rock, and stop trying to steal rocks from others.

Maybe Gerald is a jew.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.