[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously WTF is going on with Arya and face changing? Can anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: FOR FOOKS SAKE.gif (3 MB, 478x346) Image search: [Google]
FOR FOOKS SAKE.gif
3 MB, 478x346
Seriously WTF is going on with Arya and face changing? Can anyone just make faces and change their face?
First she sees her face on another faceless man at the end of season five, then she kills the waif, who... was also a faceless... or in training... or pretending to be... and if so it was a test so that Arya could discover she didn't want to be faceless, but she can still make faces and change her face and voice, even though it requires some form of blood magic she never learned...
What The Fuck???
>>
Nothing in the show makes sense anymore, it's just fan service.
>>
she was there she learned it.
this show is basically a young adult fantasy series with simplistic plot beats.
>training montage
and she's done.
>>
>>71444831
they have to kill people for their faces don't they?

is Arya just going around murdering innocent people?
>>
>>71444878
that would give her character a little depth, so probably no
>>
File: laugh1.jpg (66 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
laugh1.jpg
66 KB, 600x337
>>71444831
>too stupid to follow one of the simplest of tv shows
>>
>>71444926
And yet you can't explain it either can you, smartass?
>>
>>71444831
The writing and directing of the last 2 seasons is shit compared to the first 4. It's soap opera tier now in every aspect except for the performances of a few actors who make the most of the shit they are given. You can forget about any exposition for the characters as the writers are too shitty/lazy and have run out of time and are killing off everyone that they can't be arsed to finish properly. Only dumb people and women would say this show still good
>>
>>71444988
Not person you are responding to, but it not that far fetched. Magic exists in this world, so it's a skill that can be learned. She's spent 5 seasons basically being trained to be an magic assassin.

First season sword fighting. Next at Harrenhall how to be anonymous (don't want to reveal she's a Stark). Then with the hound how to be ruthless. Then in bravos finally how to be a silent killer/use magic to disguise herself.

She didn't apply for the job, but the world sure as fuck made her ready to be a killer
>>
>>71444831
>Kills an innocent girl
>cuts her face off
>kills two guys
>grinds their flesh down into mince
>makes their father eat it
>laughs at him as he dies

Is she the main bad guy now that Ramseay is kill
>>
>>71447214
pretty good lad
>>
When did she learn face changing? Did any of the previous episodes hint that she had mastered this kind of magic?
>>
>>71447808
did she kill the girl tho? did she just steal a face from the temple? did she just visit a cadaver...
where did she conveniently find a sexy qt face then?
>>
File: unexpected dubs.webm (1 MB, 959x720) Image search: [Google]
unexpected dubs.webm
1 MB, 959x720
>>71448155
I honestly don't know m8 she is super villain tier now.

Also I just checked those 5s as well.
>>
>>71444831
This is a 10/10 in Britain
>>
File: wut (2).gif (4 MB, 531x334) Image search: [Google]
wut (2).gif
4 MB, 531x334
>be a writer for an hbo show
>dolla dolla bills yall
>developing some chick's character for years
>she all sad n' shit.
>gonna have her train to learn to transform herself and to take on disguises.
>get busy counting muh money and sucking cock
>end of season, another triumphant success
>sadgurl,jpg finally uses her new abilities, she iz truely a game of thrones
>Im brilliant
>oh shit, forgot to establish she ever learned how to do face changing. Just showed her playing with sticks and stuff
>mfw
>>
>>71447214
>Magic exists in this world
Yes but it's not Harry Potter magic, if anything GoT has shown us that there is a steep price to using magic in that world, blood, death, dismembered body parts tossed into fire. The face thing requires magic, and although we never see her being taught that, I can accept that she maybe learned it offscreen. But the question of how the faceless man was wearing Aryas face is still unanswered, as is the question of how Arya is getting the faces, going around murdering innocent people?

>an magic assassin
*a magic assassin.
Never use the word *an before a word that begins with a consonant, only words that start with vowels. As always there are exceptions to the rules, and the reason you may sometimes see the word "an" before words that start with the letter "H" is due to the difference between British and American English, more specifically our accents. The British tend to drop the pronounciation of the letter "H", therefore the first sound you hear is a vowel, making use of the word "an" ok since its before a vowel sound.
American accent - Harry Potter
British accent - Arry Pottah
Say it out loud (AN magic assassin) and if it sounds stupid then it's probably wrong. I hope that clears things up.
>>
Does she have a limited number of faces that she stole from the Faceless Men's hall, or can she change hers at will, like Jaqen.
>>
>>71448499
>The British tend to drop the pronounciation of the letter "H"
Not the British lad, just some people in London that can't pronounce properly.
>>
>>71444878
who says the girls face she took was an innocent?
>>
>>71444831

They'll explain how in the next movie. My theory is that she was taught how to use the Force when she was a little girl, and then Luke (her father) wiped her memories and left her to be the sex toy of a potato looking alien while he went into exile.
>>
>>71447214
True but she pretty much failed every task the faceless men gave her, now she can suddenly use their abilities no problem?
>>
>>71448499
>Never use the word *an before a word that begins with a consonant, only words that start with vowels.

Jesus christ stop embarrasing yourself. Are you still in grade school? Do you also believe multiplication comes before division because of PEMDAS?

It's vowel and consonant sounds, not vowels and consonants.
>>
>>71448826
The point still stands, use of the word "an" before a word begging with the letter "H" is a British thing. Much like how there are spelling differences for certain words in British and American English (Honor - Honour). Use of the word "an" before any consonant other than the letter "H" is poor grammar and just straight up incorrect.
>>
File: 1454967663545.jpg (98 KB, 600x703) Image search: [Google]
1454967663545.jpg
98 KB, 600x703
>>71444831
OBVIOUSLY she had more training than they showed on-screen, you don't know how much time has passed, sure she wasn't full Faceless but she could have been training for YEARS and learned all the secrets, they just didn't bother to show it because it's so blatantly obvious to every viewer except you
>>
You guys are idiots. She used the face trick to kill the pedogoldcloak. Why not complain then?
>>
>>71444878
>they have to kill people for their faces don't they?

no, you dumb nigger
>>
>>71449504
That's the entire point of the Hall of Faces tho, it's a storage for their faces, then they use that and alchemy/magic to transform themselves further

Arya apparently has the ability to do the work of a death cult on the run now
>>
>>71449342
this is either a bait thread, or they are so retarded no amount of explanation will help them. either way you're wasting your energy.
>>
She gave the Waifu face to Syrio last week dummies, she probably made her yell her
>>
>>71444878
or MAYBE she just took some faces with her when she left Braavos. it's not impossible, right?
>>
>>71449342
>OBVIOUSLY she had more training than they showed on-screen

They showed a lot of training. We had a dozen scenes of her getting hit with a stick and two failed assassination attempting. If they'd bothered to show a single scene that implied she'd actually learnt a damn thing, people wouldn't complain as much.
>>
>>71449855
>>>71444878
>or MAYBE she just took some faces with her when she left Braavos. it's not impossible, right?

why you do you people think the faces are literally masks? it's fucking magic.
>>
>>71444831
I wanted to believe that I had just missed something--that the show wasn't much worse lately.

It appears I was wrong.
>>
>>71449857
>>
>>71450034
Why the FUCK else would they keep a hall full of faces? We see them pulling them off like masks constantly. They are masks.
>>
>>71450053
You missed her doing the same thing
>>
File: cameron_smug.jpg-c200.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
cameron_smug.jpg-c200.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>71450098

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQl07-jP7-I
>>
>>71449647
whats the point of storing all the faces if you have to kill someone new every time you have to change your face?
what's the practicality of having to go to the hall to change your face if you're out on a mission on another continent?

think of the the hall of faces as an inventory. once it's added to the inventory, the user can access it anytime, anywhere. you're all thinking of the faces a physical masks. that's not very magical. is it?
>>
>>71450165
Yeah, that was back when it made sense. They introduce them as masks later on. Have you seen the newest season? The faceless woman pulls off her mask. Arya pulls off her mask when she kills Frey. Fuck, this show isn't consistent at all anymore.
>>
>>71450098
no, dude, they're not. please screenshot arya holding the kitchen maids face when she pulls it off.
>>
>>71450196
>what's the practicality of having to go to the hall to change your face if you're out on a mission on another continent?
You bring as many as the mission requires

Or apparently murder random people for the on-scene version of it
>>
>>71450247
it's just for that "dramatic reveal" effect. they thought it looked cooler than simply waving your hand over your face.
>>
It's assassin magic. It also helped her wounds. They say so in the books and training montage.

And Jaqen didn't kill her because she used her magic to fool him into thinking she was a no one, but also a someone. It's assassin magic of disguise that area learned in the traning montage.
>>
>>71450165
>>71450265
>>71450247

BAHAHAHAH! THIS IS AWFUL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4paDdC6RJCA
It's Mission Impossible 3 awful.
>>
File: jaqen-hghar-1024.jpg (242 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
jaqen-hghar-1024.jpg
242 KB, 1024x576
>Finally a girl has become the game of thrones.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71450265
My HBO trial is over. How convenient, I know.

I do buy this explanation though:
>>71450196
>>
>>71448115
S05E10
>>
>>71450165
>>>71450098
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQl07-jP7-I

to everyone saying the magic is literal masks, please watch this.
>>
>>71444831
let's be honest she's been with faceless wizard for like 20 episodes, it's not like Walking dead when the black guy becomes bruce lee in one episode
>>
>>71450506

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4paDdC6RJCA

To everyone saying the magic masks aren't treated as masks, please watch this,
>>
>>71448155
I think it's up for the viewer to decide. If we saw how she got the face, it wouldn't be as dramatic when you found out it was her. Which is kinda dumb but I get it. Unfortunately we'll probably have to wait 5 more years for the next book to find out
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.