[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scariest movie you've ever saw ? The one that still traumatize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: zdzislaw_beksinski_01.jpg (169 KB, 670x695) Image search: [Google]
zdzislaw_beksinski_01.jpg
169 KB, 670x695
Scariest movie you've ever saw ? The one that still traumatize you just by thinking about it.
I was pretty disappointed by The Conjuring 2, which I saw yesterday.
>>
>>71435235
I don't get scared by childish movies. You know what scares me? Homophobia. Racism. Sexism. Transphobia. Classism. Nationalism. These are the true demons that we need to slay but intellect is my sword.
>>
>>71435301
>tips fedora
>>
File: andrea2005.jpg (18 KB, 302x400) Image search: [Google]
andrea2005.jpg
18 KB, 302x400
This shit right here, i was like 9 when it came out and i'm 20 now and can't stand it. I think it's because i'm from the same country where it was made so i associate the things and therefore it makes it more creepy but i still recommend it to you all.
>>
>>71435235

Probably Pulse. It's a very viscerally frightening movie while also being so bleak and unpleasant that it's just hard to sit down to. A masterpiece though.
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 200x300
I remember having nightmares after watching this when I was about 7 when this came out on VHS and blowing chunks on my brother since I was top bunk.

I also remember reading on this board that apparently Winona Ryder was scared shitless of Gary Oldman when he got into character.
>>
Why you dont like Conjuring 2? Why disapointed?
>>
>>71438090
I guess I expected too much of it. I wasn't scared during the entire movie, I even found myself laughing at some moments that was trying to be scary. Of course, some jumpscares surprised me but that's it.
Though, it was very entertaining and I really liked the movie. I just heard a lot about the first one and all that communication around the second hyped me.

Thanks for the above answers, I'll check them out !
>>
File: raserhea.jpg (123 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
raserhea.jpg
123 KB, 630x1200
I'm still traumatized to this day.
>>
Insidious are nice too
>>
Threads
>>
INLAND
EMPIRE

I didn't think this until after I watched it for a second time though.
>>
>>71438894
OP here, i loved it ! But it didn't scare me at all nor it made me feel unconfortable...
>>
>>71438969
This. Legitimately fucking scary.

>>71438931
Is Insidious being good a meme that I don't know about?
>>
>>71437643
I'm guessing you're talking about the japanese one and not the american remake ?
>>
Animatrix
>>
>>71438969
>war movies are scary
Might as well have said Come and See instead which is more shocking then threads but neither are what this OP is about
To answer however OP Noroi or TBWP will always be the quintessential go to horror for anyone looking to get scared anything else is difficult since it all involves tastes which are subjective to all hell
>>
>>71435235
event horizon
>>
>>71439012
I'm very excited to see this. Mulholland Drive changed the way I saw film
>>
The Mist and The Thing are my two favourite horror movies.
>>
>>71439394

Threads is not a war movie.
>>
Probably Mulholland Drive, I haven't seen that many horror movies. The Winky's scene and the final few minutes are definitely the most terrified I've ever been watching a movie. I'm so glad I was able to see it in a theater for the first time
>>
>>71440660

I haven't quite experienced the feeling of dread I got when Betty disappeared, leaving Rita with the box.
>>
That movie Sinister in 2009.While the whole thing was average especially the ending, the candid shot home movies really stood out. I remember them more than I remember that knock off Johnny Depp or Jack White's cameo appearance at the ending.
>>
>>71439060

yes

the American one looks like shit

the Japanese one is one of my very favourite horror movies
>>
>>71440660

>tfw watching Mulholland Dr on acid in a theater at a midnight screening
>>
>>71435301
lol nice bait
>>
>>71438820
I agree, I saw it last night as well and laughed my ass off through good chunks of it, the two parts that stuck our for me was when she was playing with the ghost shotgun in the opening and every time that little girl had the old man voice.

Honestly though I ended up feeling mostly insulted by the movie when it turned out to basically be a two hour commercial for the upcoming nun movie they want to make because i guess Anabelle was so great.
>>
>>71440818
I liked sinister 1 as well, steer clear of two though.
>>
>>71440818

I thought Sinister was a little underrated.

It's not amazing but the home movie sequences are brilliantly tense and disquieting.

That ending is shit though.
>>
>>71440818
The home movies in Sinister were scored magnificently. Sound is what creates fear in Sinister, the movie itself would be a pile of shit without it.
>>
>>71440938
how did you not die
>>
>>71441319

fortunately the theater was mostly empty and my gf was on acid with me. it was a terrifying experience but we managed to help each other through it. it was pretty incredible.

a buddy of mine is the manager at this local, independent theater that happens to be right beneath my apartment. we've recently been watching movies while tripping drugs after hours in an empty theater.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.