[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know what's more shocking: That it was actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
I don't know what's more shocking: That it was actually good or that nobody walked out of my theater.
>>
File: abbi.png (460 KB, 1278x539) Image search: [Google]
abbi.png
460 KB, 1278x539
>>71413552
that's a tough one. I literally had no one else in the theater when I saw it. one of the theater employees popped in time to time and watched it with me so that was neat.

hmm, after thinking about it I think the second one is more shocking,
>>
>>71415139
she was so fucking sexy in that scene.
>>
Worth a watch guys?
>>
>>71415271
listen, if you know it's a Refn film and you know what it's going for, then yes. watch it. it's great.
>>
File: wwFP2C8zVRHWhtG9HRGhFImIcHm.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wwFP2C8zVRHWhtG9HRGhFImIcHm.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>71415229
oh for sure. Her and Gigi in the last photoshoot made my jaw drop. devilishly sexy ladies.

>>71415271
yes, it's /tv/ the movie. confirmed kino.
>>
this move fucking sucked. I almost burst out laughing how absurd everything was
>>
>>71415436
I really enjoyed their dynamic throughout the movie. Abbi was bitchy from the start whereas Gigi actually tried to be nice initially until Jesse made that comment about plastic surgery and then her demeanor changed instantly.

I was shocked though, because I thought that Gigi was stronger emotionally than Abbi, but the last scene proved the opposite.
>>
>>71415541
yeah I had the same response. I think that subtle mention of plastic surgery played into the end though. Ruby stated she was still a little emotionsally distraught after getting worked on.

I think in the end it was Jesse's pure beauty inside of her that caused her to lose her shit. since she already had manufactured beauty inside of her, her body rejected Jesse's true beauty in thus causing her to go mental and "remove it".

I think Abbi was unaffected since she was dead inside to begin with and ending up becoming the victor.
>>
this is a fetish movie where Refn did whatever he wanted without regards to content or story
>>
>>71415811
That makes a lot more sense as to why Gigi was the one who had to die at the end. Abbi was a lot more eager to "taste Jesse" anyway.

I just left the movie feeling very pissed off honestly. Jesse was absolutely right to feel superior to those crones and she only got one good punch on Abbi at the end. I wanted them all to suffer.
>>
There were two other soccer mom types in the theater with me last weekend, no idea why they'd come to watch an R-rated Refn flick in the middle of a Saturday
They were audibly whispering "What the fuck!" and so on at the rape and necrophilia scenes
Surprisingly they stayed until the end but when they got up they were laughing and snorting derisively
>>
>>71415893
I can understand that, for sure.

In the original script Jesse did torment them after the er, "party" psychologically. They saw her in mirrors and there is one scene where Abbi gets locked in a bathroom and goes completely batshit since she can't get Jesse out of her head.

Abbi still wins in the end but Jesse has the last laugh so to speak. sadly they had to change it due to the limited budget.

I was fine with how it played out but they all deserved to die horribly.
>>
>>71416074
>but they all deserved to die horribly.
not Jesse. she was true beauty. even when she was "full of herself" it was still adorable. I didn't buy that we were supposed to not like her after she "changes" when she does her first runway walk.

Ruby pissed me off the most. When Jesse tells her she's a virgin, hoping Ruby would understand and back off and Ruby has the nerve to still try and objectify her, dominate her and such.

I liked how Jesse brought out the best and worst in people.
>>
>>71416207
I meant the three, not Jesse, sorry for not clarifying.

I totally agree with that. Ruby asked Jesse if she was sex or food in the early bathroom scene. since she didn't offer sex she became on the menu. very predator vs prey attitude. Ruby was a cold bitch.
>>
>>71416301
It's a wonder if there were any characters that respected Jesse at all. Maybe that photographer who probably got his best work thanks to Jesse. she would have definitely been his muse. I didn't get a sexual vibe from him at all; it was really about the art.
>>
>>71416390
yeah I think it was only Dean and that designer guy that made her be the final model in the runway shoot that gave her honest respect.

that's why I liked how they clashed in the diner scene when he compared Gigi to Jesse and the resulting inner vs outer beauty comments.

side note, GOAT opening and ending credits. felt like a perfect hook and a perfect release.
>>
My main question about the film is really what the scene where someone tries to break into her room is all about?
>>
>>71416802
my initial thought is it was a delusion on behalf of Jesse for being over paranoid but maybe I'm wrong.

it could also just mean that Hank was that much of a perv for "hard candy" and wanted to get his dick wet.

after the mountain lion entered her room and when they were walking up the stairs back to her room he made some suggestive noises indicated she looked "tasty" in a sexual way.
>>
>>71417236
>>71416802
I was fairly certain the person who ended up getting raped was the "real lolita shit" girl Hank was talking about.
>>
Why was Jessie shown to have precognition?
She fainted after Dean showed up and then dreamed of the runway lights and triangles that happened later, also that image of hands clawing out of the wallpaper which could be a reference to...
Her dreaming of Keanu trying to rape her and then he almost got into her room
>>
>>71417300
Demon powers
>>
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 2000x1125
This is NWR magnum opus
>>
>>71417277
yeah that would be the logical assumption, but for some reason that scene just struck me as dreamlike so I thought it was all in her head.

>>71417300
I saw the hands reaching out as the other three girls out to get her in a sense. I think she fainted because she's starving herself and the blood loss sent her over the edge.

the runway lights and triangles I can't really explain until I see it again. I think it was a representation of this new world she signed by contract to enter and is completely open season mode to get devoured due to her innocence.

once the runway shoot happens she transcends into becoming a soulless bitch like the other three but doesn't stand a chance since they've been playing the game longer.
>>
File: Christopher Lee.webm (930 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
Christopher Lee.webm
930 KB, 1280x718
more directors should take cue from Italian giallos
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.