[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lol what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Brazil.jpg (582 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Brazil.jpg
582 KB, 1000x1500
lol what?
>>
Hated it the first time I saw it but I watched it 10 years later and I appreciate the movie now. Our world and brasil's pretty much the same, degeneracy and bureaucracy have taken hold.
>>
>>71412963
Not at all, bureaucracy is much smaller nowadays than in the time this movie was made. Our machines are way smaller and more efficient than the ones portrayed in the movie, and "degeneracy" is completely relative. I thought Brazil was way too close in theme to 1984.
>>
>>71413425
well said
>>
>>71413607
thanks, lad
>>
>>71412829
dont lol what one of my favorite movies lad
>>
>>71413425
>"degeneracy" is completely relative.
way to prove his point you idiot
>>
>>71415833
Fuck off, Douge. You have shit taste
>>
>>71413425
>I thought Brazil was way too close in theme to 1984.
Gilliam claims to have never even read it.
>>
>>71412829
DUDE BUREAUCRACY LMAO
>>
File: meat touching.jpg (39 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
meat touching.jpg
39 KB, 720x480
The word you plebs are looking for is "Kafkaesque."
>>
>>71416192
Are you fucking dumb? The film's great.
>>
>>71416266
Wound up for the best, then. If he had read it, he might have seen the proximity in theme and not have made his movie. So, it's a good thing we have them both.
>>
>>71413425
>I thought Brazil was way too close in theme to 1984.
They are thematically nothing alike. The theme of 1984 is totalitarian control arising from a pervasive system of propaganda and an unfailing panopticon.

The theme of Brazil is man's helplessness in the clutches of an uncaring and incompetent bureaucracy.

The only thing they have in common is that they're both post-industrial dystopian visions.
>>
File: posey_realworld.jpg (39 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
posey_realworld.jpg
39 KB, 720x480
>>71417135

Oh I know what Kafkaesque means.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.