[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Lyanna eloped, right? She wasn't raped as the Starks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: rhaegar-lyanna.jpg (164 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
rhaegar-lyanna.jpg
164 KB, 970x545
So Lyanna eloped, right? She wasn't raped as the Starks kept saying.
>>
>>71411354
yeah - the starks were just lying about it
>>
>>71411354
Why was she imprisoned in the "Tower of Joy", then?
>>
Most likely, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Lyanna to be disgusted by Robert
>>
File: 1466391322653.jpg (10 KB, 236x240) Image search: [Google]
1466391322653.jpg
10 KB, 236x240
That's the idea. Robert loved Lyanna but he was also a stupid, power hungry cunt. Losing Lyanna meant losing being the new kingindanorf.

I used to like bobby b but he was really just a myopic, butthurt savage.
>>
>>71411448
She wasn't imprisoned there, Rhaegar sent her there to keep her safe as she gave birth to his kid
>>
>>71411354
its actually neds kid, that is why ned went easy on cersei, he knows what its like to fuck a sibling
>>
>>71411354
yep, that is why her statue is in the crypt.They are trying to keep her spirit away from any who would read her secrets.
>>71411549
>I used to like bobby b but he was really just a myopic, butthurt savage.
true dat
>>
>>71411549
rhaegar wanted to fulfill the prophecy

he wasnt so altruistic

he was a selfish cunt
>>
>>71411549
Why would Robert ever be Kingindanorf?

Wouldnt that have gone to Brandon Stark once Rickard Stark died?
>>
>>71411354
Even if they were in love, Rhaegar should have known better. He was already married, and this fucked up basically half of their political alliances
>>
>>71411498
She was disgusted by Robert and didn't like him.
>>
>>71411354
why does he have white hair?
>>
>>71411549
Robert wasnt power hungry tho

He lived to fuck fight and drink

He didnt want the throne, he wanted his love and he wanted vengeance.

He got the second, and ended up with his ass on the throne simply because among the winners he had the nearest targaryan ancestor.

>that's why he passed off day to day rule of the kingdom to his hand (first his surrogate father john arryn, and then to one of his closest friends ned stark)
>>
>>71411787
That's supposed to be their hair color.
>>
>>71411787
because that's his hair color
>>
>>71411805
>silver
>>
>>71411710
>He was already married
Plural marriages are a thing for Targaryens. It's possible that he married Lyanna as well.
>>
So, before the Rhaegar+Lyanna saga, did everyone generally get along? Or at least in peace? If so, why didn't they just do a more proper marriage? Rhaegar outranks Robert, doesn't he?
>>
>>71411354
I wouldn't rape this so, probably eloped.
>>
>>71411843
So what did you picture old man salt and pepper hair? Or metallic spray paint silver?
>>
the scene was like someone robbing a bank but not committing to it. they leave the dialogue blank, the context basically blank, the reveal is 'unstated'. lol, fucking hacks. lazy cowardly hacks.
>>
>>71411354
>I'M A STUPID SLUT AND MY FATHER BURNED ALIVE WHILE MY BROTHER CHOKED TO DEATH BECAUSE OF ME, BUT SAVE MUH BABY PROMISE ME NED

fuck off you cunt
>>
>>71411953
when was the last time you spoke with a 3d cutie IRL?
>>
>>71411354
Robert valued power above all else. He didn't want responsibility, but he loved having power. He only talks about wanting to just fight and fuck because he didn't realize sitting on the throne meant wasting his life.
>>
>>71411907
Plural marriages were a thing for Targaryens marrying other Targaryens. I sincerely doubt using them to build house alliances, or why didn't Rhaegar just marry a woman from every fucking house?
>>
>>71411949
Aerys was still losing his shit and starting to burn people, so the war was probably going to happen either way regardless, Lyanna's disappearance was just the catalyst that finally set everything off. Honestly if anyone's at fault it's her for not making it clear that she was leaving willingly and letting her family get into a confrontation with the Targs that resulted in her dad and brother getting roasted alive.
>>
>>71411949
>what is multiple blackfyre rebellions
>what is petty squabbles between smaller houses
>what is the Dance of Dragons
>>
>>71411949

Yes. Things were generally peaceful. Raegar won a tournament beating Sir Arthur Dayne and then gave a golden rose to Lyanna.

Ned called it "the day all smiles ended"
>>
>>71412116
>Blackfyre rebellions
>Dance of Dragons

I think they were asking about things that happened in recent years, dipshit. Not "has anything ever been bad before this thing?"
>>
>>71411949
Rhaegar was already married to a Dornish princess

>any book nerd know what order rhaegar had john snow & viserys/danerys
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (18 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1334329164853.jpg
18 KB, 366x380
>>71412166
>golden rose
>>
>>71412261
Rhaegar is not Dany's father
>>
>>71412311
Maybe he cucked the mad king with his mom.
>>
File: 5wE7Ffy.gif (2 MB, 450x270) Image search: [Google]
5wE7Ffy.gif
2 MB, 450x270
>>71412261
>book nerd
>thinking Viserys and Dany are Rhaegar's brats

gotta be a subtle troll ya?
>>
>>71412311
ah shit - danerys/viserys were rhaegars younger brother/sister

I meant aegon & uh rhaenerys? -> Was Jon Snow born before or after his 2 other kids?

(its been awhile since I read the books)
>>
>>71412070
According to the books it doesn't sound like they had much time to explain to their respective families. Rhaegar swept her up right after the tourney; Brandon Stark heads for King's Landing and demands Rhaegar to show up (doesn't even know he isn't there), and then Aerys reacts like Aerys.
>>
>>71412202
Bobby B getting the throne was pretty bad.

I'm pretty sure Lyanna didn't want to marry Robert anyway. She probably would have ended up just as disappointed in her marriage to him as Cersei was. Except that if he whored around on her he'd probably have Ned to answer to, but would that really stop him?
>>
>>71412166
It was a blue winter rose you dubs wasting mongoloid
>>
>>71412448
After
>>
>>71412519
I'm now picturing a universe where Ned and Bobby are at odds because Robert can't keep his dick in his pants. Can you imagine the tension? Best friends ready to fuck each other up.
>>
>>71412588
stannis was heir to storms end
brandon was heir to winterfel

where would bob & ned be had there been no blue roses?
>>
>>71412519
>I'm pretty sure Lyanna didn't want to marry Robert anyway.
She explicitly says as much at one point, I think in one of Ned's flashbacks. She knows Robert would never stay faithful to her.
>>
>>71411354
She was raped. By the Mad King. Jon is Dany 's half brother
>>
>>71412925
Ned would have married Ashara Dayne and been much happier, and never would have had to worry about the responsibilities of lordship.

Robert would have been lord of Storm's End and Lyanna would have been miserable with him, but eh.
>>
>>71412925
Robert was Lord of the Stormlands before the war.
>>
>>71412037
>were a thing
It happened ONCE. by the fucking conqueror.
They then adopted the Faith of the seven. Get your Lore straight, faggot.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.