[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good or is it Joe Rogan tier sci-fi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 64FYqFADRSmbpQPh1SxxQsGx8Hb.jpg (627 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
64FYqFADRSmbpQPh1SxxQsGx8Hb.jpg
627 KB, 2000x3000
Is this any good or is it Joe Rogan tier sci-fi?
>>
It's alright.
>>
what's wrong with Joe Rogan
>>
>>71406340
not OP but also interested
any feminist crap in it? or leftist propaganda?
>>
its 6.5/10 at best
>>
>>71406191
Not the second coming of Christ, but you'll like it if you like 70's sci-fi as it follows the formula of classic AI movies quite closely with modern effects.
>>
>>71406377
No, unless maybe you delve super far into it for some hidden meaning that the makers probably didn't intend. And even then I can't say if there is.
>>
It was ok up until the Harrison Ford cameo. And the big reveal where they find out the main guy was a robot the whole time was just fucking stupid. I also hated the part where the robot chick starts glitching and says stuff like, "I have finally become the Ex Machina" and the dude is like, "What did she mean by this?"
>>
File: nathanexmachina.jpg (42 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
nathanexmachina.jpg
42 KB, 1200x600
>>71406191
Get ready to have this movie tear up your emotions.
>>
>>71406618
thanks
>>
>>71406753
What robot? Nathan?
>>
It's great.
>>
>>71406191
both
>>
>>71406550
Can you recommend some of them?
>>
>>71407385
He was trolling. Harrison Ford doesn't make a cameo, Mark Hamill does.
>>
>>71407751
I don't have a ton, but the film it reminded me of the most is pic related only a smaller scale (the poster doesn't do a lot of justice). Ex Machina was 70's in that it slowly unravels and the tension is based in dialog and paranoia rather than action.
>>
>>71408009
cool thanks
>>
>>71406191
its bad
>>
>>71406377
no
>>
>>71406377
buddy, just watch the fucking movie, holy shit
>>
>>71406377
Yes, if you watch it watch it, it will brainwash you into an SJW Hillary supporter. Just by looking at that image it's already corrupting your mind. You need to pray to Jesus and repent for the evil leftist feminazi propaganda.
>>
>>71406191
Not a bad movie. The effects are impressive, the story is a bit too simple.
>>
>>71406381
Agreed. Worth a watch, but nothing special.
>>
>>71406191
Best movie that I saw in 2015, but that's not necessarily saying much. It's not super deep, but it had me thinking about AI in a new light, so that's a good sign.
>>
Hey op go watch black mirror. It's better in every way, and there is an identical episode that stars the same fucking actor amd was filmed earlier too
>>
>>71412066
I wouldn't even compare this to that episode. They had completely different themes. The only common ground is that they both had androids, but if that makes them alike then maybe OP should just go watch Dragon Ball Z.
>>
>>71412129
Black mirror was better. Deus ex was rehashed bullshit sci fi from decades ago. Genius Man creates artificial intelligence, uses it as a sex robot. Sex robot turns bad in plot twist shocker. Oh no never could have seen that coming. Nerd falls in love with sexy ai. Maybe he could have made the robot male and then then entire thing would still be bringing them breakfast in bed because nerds aren't smart enough to realise that they're thinking with their dicks. Yeah i prefer black mirror m8
>>
It's just another AI is just a human sociopath and not something unique and unknowable.

It's really pathetic that the same movie gets made and praised over and over again with out a glimmer of irony.
>>
good movie. the ending was worth it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.