[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R + L = J has been confirmed. So what does this mean for his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 13
R + L = J has been confirmed.

So what does this mean for his fate? How will the fact that he's a Targaryen affect the plot?
>>
>>71332158
hee will marry muhdragens to pacify the kingdom so they cant fight the whitewalkers.

the end

it became painfully predictable
>>
>>71332458
>pacify the kingdom so they cant fight the whitewalkers.

What?
>>
>>71332158
Confirmed? There's is a reason they not said RHAEGAR out loud and it's because the father is not rhaegar.
>>
>>71332841
Who else would it be? Robert? What would be the use of that?
>>
>>71332881
Arthur Dayne. That's why he defended the Tower of Joy. He was protecting his love and his son and his secret.
>>
>epilogue
>Jon ends up on the iron throne married to Dany
>Tyrion walks up to them
>"They shall sing of your exploits. A song of the union between Stark and Targaryen... a song of ice and fire."
>credit rolls
BRAVO
>>
>>71332841
wasn't it like implied she was raped and shit?

wasn't Rhaegar the one crazy for dat bad posseh? I think it's pretty obvious that it's R + L = J

Yet these guys got to direct and ruin a show based on something as obvious as Ned stark dying 1st season.
>>
>>71332622

Danny got Dorne and Tyrels behind her if she marries Jon thats whole kingdome except Lanisters, do you really think they will fight them? With what?
>>
>>71333097
nah only in king roberts mind did she get raped; he just couldn't handle the fact she wanted that dragon D
>>
>>71333132

Qybrun will make clone armies for Cersei, SS this post i called it! Show becamce pottery anyway!
>>
File: 1466477788983.jpg (48 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1466477788983.jpg
48 KB, 490x490
>>71333058
Oh you've got to be fucking shitting me.

How did I not see this?
>>
>>71333097
No, Rhaegar was a cool guy, everyone but Robert loved him, even Ned had kind words for him, you wouldn't talk good about a man who raped your sister, they were in love
>>
>>71333058
This.
Fucking boring and predictable, the complete opposite of what I thought the show to be when I first started watching
Fuck I hope they finish it all in one season, I do not want to have to skip through twenty more episodes.
>>
>>71332841
She said "Robert will kill him if he finds out".
It's confirmed
>>
>>71332158
>Dany flies to the north with muh dragons to speak to Jon
>One of the dragons bond with jon instantly and he's able to mount one of the dragons
>How? says dany speachless and turned on
>Bran walks in "for he is an offspring of both targaryan and stark, the song of ice and fire, your nephew under the name

>Jon Stargaryan

>Jon unleashes lightbringer dany creams the end
>>
>>71333058
No, the epilogue's going to be an obese man reading Phario Forel's historical plays and becoming inspired to write a fantasy series.
The final shot is a typewritten page reading "A WAR OF ROSES PART 1. BY GEORGE RR MARTIN"
>>
>>71332158
Jon Snow will kill atleast one dragon. The fire can't kill him.
>>
>>71333340
What Robert? Baratheon?
Why would he care about Lyanna's son?
>>
>>71333058
Yeah...if you see it, it's not gonna be much different.
>>
File: aisling1.jpg1.jpg (42 KB, 620x899) Image search: [Google]
aisling1.jpg1.jpg
42 KB, 620x899
Ayyy Eddardo, it's a me, Lyanna!
>>
>>71333617
Because Robert was in love with her and was under the impression that Rhaegar raped her.
>>
>>71333617
Because then that would confirm that Lyanna's son is a Targaryen, and Robert wants to kill every last Targaryen.
>>
>>71333617
Is Robert the biggest cuck in GoT?
>cucked by dragon prince
>cucked by kingslayer
>cucked by a wild boar
>>
>>71333559
Jon snow has a burned arm in the books.
>>
>>71332841
>Robert will kill him
>>71333056
dumbest theory ive ever fucking heard
>>
>>71333349
>Dany: "I walk through fire."
>Jon: "I defeated Death. Well through magic."
>Dany's clitoris rising. Chin up looking towards the horizon: "We were meant to be together. We have a purpose. We are...LEGENDS!"
>Melissandre in the back smirks "Told ya."
>>
File: heboric_3_2.jpg (127 KB, 799x629) Image search: [Google]
heboric_3_2.jpg
127 KB, 799x629
>>71333559
>targs are fire immune
I wish people stopped thinking that.
>>
>deleting this post

>season finale
>present day, 2018
>group of teenage school kids walking around a museum
>tour of an exhibition of the Seven Kingdoms
>one teenager stops to look at a wax figure of Jon holding Lightbringer as the whole class moves on without him
>close up on the teenager's face. teacher calls out his name
>"Ned"
>"Ned Snow!"
>cut to black
>>
>>71333813
I posted it to the wrong thread senpai
>>
>>71333805
It's confirmed for the show canon, thank D&D for this shit.
>>
>>71333058
i guess it really was.......a song of ice and fire
>>
>>71333349
>Bran walks in
oh you've gotta be shittin me
>>
All Hail!
Jon Targaryen Stark, The King in the North, The White Wolf, The Bastard of Winterfell, The Reborn, The Unbroken Sword, The Prince Who Was Promised,Azor Ahai, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men,Lord commander of the Nights Watch, He Who Knows Nothing, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.
>>
>>71332158
>R + L = J
Can someone explain this one to me? i still don't really understand it.
>>
Wouldn't Robert want to see the dead baby if he assumed she miscarried? Your wife was just pregnant as shit, now she and the baby are dead and you're happy just seeing one body?
>>
File: 45.gif (1 MB, 352x217) Image search: [Google]
45.gif
1 MB, 352x217
Why bothering whispering at that point?
>>
>>71332158
Why was there no Night's Watch this episode?

Fuck, I'm so pissed.

There should have been a fucking parallel in the ending. Dany and her FIRE coming to Kings Landing, and The Nights King descending on the wall. ICE.

WHY WAS THERE NO ICE AND FIRE THIS EPISODE. WHY WAS THERE NO NIGHTS WATCH. I'M SO MAD. FUCK D AND D.
>>
>>71334384
We've been told that Jon Snow is Ned's son, but Ned never told anyone who Jon's mother is.

Now it's been revealed that Jon's parents are actually Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Ned said Jon was his son so that he can protect his sister's son from Robert, who would want to kill Jon.

The significance of the theory is that it makes Jon a Targaryen, and thus related to Danaerys so he can ride dragons and can't be hurt by fire and shit.

And also, the Targeryens marry their relatives, and with Jon being Dany's nephew, she may marry him to unite the Seven Kingdoms and they'll rule as King and Queen.
>>
>>71334402

Well we're supposed to think it's Jon, but if you read her lips she says "Aegon." It's intentionally whispered below audible levels so we're supposed to just assume R+L=J is confirmed, but it's misdirection. Jon is only what he appears to be; a lord's bastard with a mother we'll never know. GRRM loves subverting tropes.
>>
>>71334600
>Rhaegar had 2 Aegons
wtf m8
>>
If Tyrion doen't fuck Cersei then I'll put a curse on Fat George Rape Rape Martin.
>>
File: EveryBlowCounts.jpg (78 KB, 432x701) Image search: [Google]
EveryBlowCounts.jpg
78 KB, 432x701
>>71333805
damn this is the last place I expected to see Heboric, and the first time I've ever seen any art from the Malazan books...
>>
>>71333340
>>71333755

Virgin birth. The father is R'hllor. Bobby B may be the biggest cuck in Westeros, but even he wouldn't believe that and would just assume it's Rhaegar's. Also this:
>>71334600
>we're supposed to just assume R+L=J is confirmed, but it's misdirection.

R+L=J is all but confirmed. To not actually say the name at this point must be either to create false suspense or to put in another twist.
>>
>>71333649
Robert wasn't in love with her
>>
File: 1447755597838.jpg (62 KB, 600x663) Image search: [Google]
1447755597838.jpg
62 KB, 600x663
>>71333349
>Bran walks in
>Bran walks
>Bran
>WALKS
Fucking hell
>>
>>71333970
Only Dany has that immunity. If they all did her brother would have just gotten a nice permanent gold helmet.
>>
>>71333559
he is only half targuriyan so the fireproof thing is lost
>>
Dany can't have children

She is a worthless wife senpai
>>
>>71332158
bamp for Jon x Sansa passionate family love.
>>
File: 1457439943187s.jpg (2 KB, 101x124) Image search: [Google]
1457439943187s.jpg
2 KB, 101x124
>So what does this mean for his fate?

Nothing until bran the truth seeker finds out more information and tells jon

>why was the mad king mad?

>why would lyanna just run off? i would understand if she was like sansa but she wasn't

>is any of this really canon in the books or was this changed for just the show

Was it blood magic, was lyanna raped or was she actually in love with reagar

she asked ned to promise her to protect someone (the baby was implied) but what if she was talking about rhaegar is thay why ned felt guilty in the books

>what was the meaning of ned lay down dawn on the bed did he switch babys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u-ifaNa-j0
>>
>Ser Arthur Dayne's sword present, and madea point of at the bed

>Sword is made of Meteorite

>Baby was born under a Comet

It's like actual poetry.

By the real twist of that scene is yet to come.

There was a second child, and Howland Reed took that one.
>>
>>71332158
>he's a Targaryen
He's not.
He isn't a Stark, and he isn't a Targaryen.
He's a bastard.
>>
>>71335380
Book+showfag here.... Elaborate anon
>>
>>71334811
They even fuckin switched from the face of the baby to Jon. At this point you'd be retarded to not think it's him.

I guess they wanted to be somewhat subtle about it and that's why they had the whispers. It would be really shitty if they straight said it that R + L = J, like have that written in the background.
>>
>>71333058
Fuuuck. This is true.
>>
>>71333970
>show canon

So, like, the only canon?

I want bookshits fanfics to leave.
>>
>>71335454
hi you should watch the show :)
>>
File: 1465980646912.gif (991 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1465980646912.gif
991 KB, 500x281
>>71335832
What words have I read anon? I am angry!

Its like you could not know about the books where the cannons are first mentioned?
>>
Jon is going to have to kill Dany to acquire Lightbringer. Cap it.
>>
>>71336753
I really hope this happens.
>>
>>71333273
Well, technically he'd still be a bastard, because Rhaegar was already married at the time.
>>
>>71337345

Targaryens were polygamous, no? Didn't Aegon the conquered marry both of his sisters?
>>
>>71333559
> immune to fire

That's why they didn't burn his body when he died
>>
The problem with the Targ theory is that there has never been someone of direct Targ blood in the books who didn't have Targ features.

John is even darker than all his brothers.
>>
>>71338981
> mfw Targaryen is real life Royal families

bravo Martin
>>
>>71339170
targ features arent dominant

the targ bastards arent all white hair purple eyed
>>
>>71338981
Yeah, but that was way back in the day, and nothing's been said that Rhaegar married Lyanna, just took her off and had a child with her.
>>
>>71339217
Bloodraven had both, Bittersteel had the purple eyes.

I cant recall a single Targ bastard that didnt have Targ features.
>>
>>71333058
then this plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM
>>
>>71335703
a bunch of people think meera is jons sister because of some passages in the books and they look the same in the show. but its not true
>>
>>71334462

yes but
-jon never seemed to have notice anything regarding him and fire?
-jon & dany are gonna be opposed in the forthcoming shows, hey, who knows they're relatives?
>>
>>71339319
>Bloodraven had both
Bloodraven had white hair and red eyes, he was an albino.
>>
So This means Jon and Danny are half-siblings
>>
>>71339738
Aunt and nephew, Rhaegar is Dany's brother.
>>
First for Ser Jon Dayne, son of Arthur Dane, the sword of the morning
>>
>>71334811
See
>>71335763
And most of all, j RR said that the fan guessed right the upcoming plot, sooo
And misdirection is just bullshit, it is obvious that the more things happen, the more the plot gets uncovered. What will you say when jon will be aknowledged as a targaryen? Or blood tied to them/the baratheons? And even more that wont matter, if dany is going to marry anyone is either going to be jon or jaime, since they are possibly the last 2 real greathouse in westeros. You then have greyjoy whos a dickless cuck and already an ally, dorne full of women. Since jaime is the enemy, i guess only jon remain
Seriously tho wtf is wong with the producers? Too much triggering during the show so they put cersei on the throne, women on dorne's throne too, dany is a woman, wtf? I thought the background was supposed to be "medieval", not post-apocalyptic post-sjw world
>>
>>71335374
All is this is based on book information.
Mad king is mad because of incest mostly. The targs have a history of shit kings then okay kings then shit again.

Lyanna didn't run off rhaegar put her in that tower with three kings guard to protect her so she would be safe during the battle of the trident, where rhaegar died. If that is what your question was referring to.

Not changed for show but embellished a bit.

It was never established for sure if lyanna left with him of her own will or not. She definitely didn't want to marry robert though. She didn't believe he would ever be faithful.

She was definitely not talking about rhaegar. She says robert will kill him. Meaning robert will kill jon because Robert wants to kill every targ. He was sending assassins after viserys and daenerys for years
>>
>>71339872
And to all the cucks arguing about the predictability of the show, I repeat that most book towards gets predictable and we are at season 6, so shut up. Want a book with unpredictable finale? Read the foundation trilogy by isac Asimov and get cucked, u cucks
>>
>>71332158
It will mean literally fucking nothing.

only Brann knows about it and the reasoning behind him accessing that knowledge is very farfetched for people who have no idea about sorcery of any kind.

So even if, for some reason, people in Westeros would start rumours about him being a Targ, those in power would wave it off as lies, because Dan-Dan doesn't want to share being queen.

As of right now, the "reveal" if you can call it that was only to service the fans. There are no implications that it will have serious effect on the plot, although by sheer popular demand DnD might write some convoluted and hamfisted plottwist to make that thing relevant, even though Jon isn't even the type of person who would want the Iron Throne or anything to do with the south now that he's respected in the north.
>>
No fucking idea how any information of Jon's parentage is going to be of aid to Jon, or even how it's going to be revealed. Bran can't tell people. Well, he can but who the fuck is going to believe a crippled boy who's been AWOL and beyond the wall for years? They'd think he's nuts. I wondered if Sam might uncover some supporting document in the citadel but who would it be from and why would it be there? Ned and co., Lyanna, Dayne and co. and those handmaidens the only people who could confirm Rhaegar and Lyanna had a baby. Ned the only person who could confirm that Jon is that baby. All dead and why would anything they'd written be in the citadel?
>>
>>71339170
Not true. Princess rhaenyra had three children with a non-targ. All are described as having brown hair and eyes
>>
>>71332158
They might try to crown him over Dany. Which is kinda dumb but whatever. Dany and Jon will marry to squash beef. Fire n ice.
>>
>>71340153
>>71340202
Burn Jon. Jon doesn't die. People believe Bran.
>>
>>71340242
Doesn't seem like a practical plan. Also pretty sure the fireproof thing isn't universal amongst Targs.
>>
>>71340354
Put Jon on a dragon. Jon rides dragon. People believe Bran.
>>
>>71340388
But do the dragons like/tolerate Dany because she's a targ or because they consider her a maternal figure? Doesn't seem like a practical plan.
>>
>>71333058
>Finally we've become The Song Of Ice And Fire
>>
How many more seasons are left?
>>
A better question is why is cuckoldry such a common theme in George RR Martins fantasy world?
>>
>>71332158
he'll marry Sansa.
fire and ice united.
>>
>>71340529
A lot of both. Targs are known to imprint on dragons. She's also the first face they saw so she's literally the longest thing they've Known.
>>
>>71339516
from a different show m8
>>
>>71340153
Isn't it implied in the books that since Howland Reed (Meera's father) was the last man standing along with Ned at the Tower of Joy, he was also present when Ned took the child from his dying sister? At the bare minimum he knows that the child is not Ned's but instead his sister's, and it would be pretty weird to pin the father as anybody other than Rhaegar given the circumstances.

He is alive and could corroborate the story if it came down to that, but it probably won't.
>>
>>71334862

What the fuck are you on about? They made it clear Robert loved Lyanna. He even started a rebellion over it.
>>
>>71340886
They're cousins.
>>
>>71333617
Robert killed Rhaegar's wife and children simply because they were targaryen and he didn't want anyone with a claim to the throne alive. Ned saw this first hand when he slaughtered innocent women and children in the sack of kings landing.
>>
>>71333279
>twenty more episodes.
Seasons 7 & 8 will be 7 episodes each.
>>
>>71332158
He's still a Stark as well though.
>>
>>71332158
Him, Dany and Tyrion are Targs, they will control the 3 major power blocks on Westeros and unite to defeat the Others.
>>
>>71334357
>king of the north and king of the seven kingdoms at the same time
>>
>>71342673
>Tyrion

?
>>
>>71332158
It means he has no business being King in the North.
>>
How the fuck is any normie who doesn't spend all day shitposting fan theories supposed to remember all of this lineage and shit?

I was almost completely lost that entire scene
>>
>>71333058
wtf i hate tyrion now
>>
>>71340153
The dragons will try to burn Jon alive and he will stand there unharmed
>>
so margaery is deffo ded?
>>
>>71335188
>a nice permanent gold helmet.
Topkek. Maaaan, I would love to see that!
>>
>>71333097
>wasn't it like implied she was raped and shit?

It's implied in the books that she wasn't actually raped raped, that this is just Robert's version of events, and that she went with Rhaegar willingly. The show doesn't have time for that kind of nuance though.
>>
>>71342804
They don't
>>
>>71342709
Who do you think is Tyrion's father? Tywin Lannister?
>>
>>71342894
Yep. Watch the latest vids on the game of thrones youtube channel. Natalie confirms.
>>
>>71343158
I think so. I haven't actually watches seasons 2-5 to be quite honest with you.
>>
>>71343158
Cersie and Jamie are Targs
>>
>>71343158
Aegon confirmed

>Jon Targaryen
>Tyrion Targaryen
>The other Targaryen whose name i don't remember
>>
>>71332458
Doesn't she love Jorah. Why would she marry Jon?
>>
>>71343202
but maybe she's a targaryen
>>71343241 pls add Margaery Targaryen
>>
>>71343289
Jorah is her beta orbiter. She doesn't love him, she just feels sorry for him. That's why she sent him on a fool's quest to cure himself to give him some purpose in life.
>>
>>71333058
We used to make jokes about this but it's clear that's where the show is heading right now.
>>
>>71333349
>Bran crawls in

ftfy
>>
>>71343352
She friendzoned Daario because she cares for Jorah. She never mentioned Mormont when she was talking about it with Tyrion. Only Daario.
>>
>>71334600
She might have said that but Ned changed his nae to Jon. How the fuck would he explain it to his wife and buddies in Winterfell if he named his son after Targaryen?
>>
the soundtrack was dope, anyone knows the name of it?
>>
>>71333723
I don't think he cared much about anything after he won the fight desu, probably why he whored and drank his way through westeros
>>
>>71343583
eminem for the first part
>>
File: ramsay.jpg (20 KB, 861x480) Image search: [Google]
ramsay.jpg
20 KB, 861x480
>>71333058
Under breath* (Holy shit)
>>
>>71343289
>>71343352
>>71343461
In the show it's a lot easier to believe that she loves Jorah ;)
>>
>>71334777
More popular than you think, there's a tripfag on /fit/ named for one of the characters
>>
>>71339170
You never read the books friend. The Baratheon house has targ blood
>>
File: 1466716780527.gif (40 KB, 269x317) Image search: [Google]
1466716780527.gif
40 KB, 269x317
>>71333058
fucking hell it really is going to end up like this isn't it?
>>
>>71332158
It means Preston will jump out a window
>>
>>71337345
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought a bastard in ASOIAF is someone from a high/base born, not between two high born people... but of course there really isn't any other examples of high/high born bastards
>>
>>71333097
a lie to protect Jon and Roberts ego. last season salsa says rhaygar kidnapped and raped her aunt and Littlefinger just gives her a "yeah, no" look
>>
>>71344646
A bastard is just an illegitimate child, like it is in the real world.
>>
>>71344646
A bastard is a child born outside of wedlock. Illegitimate, can't inherit, and in Westeros they're also given surnames corresponding to where they live/are raised. Snow for the North, Storm for the lands around the Baratheons, and so on.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.