[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else ever feel awful after watching a happy movie/show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Sometimes I watch movies / TV shows and they fucking ruin me.

The one that hit hardest was How To Train Your Dragon, sounds dumb but as a guy who feels very alone and like I don't fit in seeing stuff about a young guy finding his place really hurts, I enjoy the movie but then I come back to reality and remember that I'm still alone, and everything isn't just going to work out like in a movie.

It's always a similar story, coming of age and finding your place kind of thing, Avatar: TLA was the same and I just last night watched Treasure Planet and I can feel the depression coming on again.

I know it's dumb, especially as they are "happy" movies/shows. But it just fucks me up knowing that reality is never as interesting, exciting or happy as some fantasy world. I'm still alone and everything isn't going to work out...

I've got this pit in my stomach and I don't feel hungry. It's almost 9PM and I've eaten 400 kcal all day.

I hope this is alright to post here, I just want to get it off my chest.
>>
>>71296634
i cried on the car ride home from avatar because i would never be able to escape my shitty life and start over
>>
>>71296634
I feel awful most of the time.
>>
>>71296664
Is an actual fact that heaps were suicidal when Avatar came out. Google it there is heaps of articles of
>>
>>71296664
>>71297110

Avatar got me too. The idea of escaping and finding somewhere that you're accepted probably gets a lot of people.

I just feel so shitty, I know the feeling will pass, but I'm probably gonna feel like shit for a few days. Maybe I'll just go rewatch Treasure Planet
>>
>>71296634
i used to get this a lot especially if the main character got a love interest but less so now.
>>
It helps to know I'm not the only one.
>>
>I suffer in first world
>>
>>71296634
>Treasure Planet
>killing off best character
>happy
Fuck you.
>>
>>71297293

Did stuff change in your life? I imagine a lot of what I feel is due to being unsatisfied with my life :(
>>
>>71297312

Don't forget if you live an average life you're never allowed to feel bad because people have it worse.

You're also never allowed to feel good because people have it a lot better.
>>
>>71297312
i live in ghana yu cunt
>>
>>71297337
i'm not where i want to be in life but i feel better day to day because of some combination of finally finding the right antidepressant, therapy, and my parents supporting me while i go for my grad degree. so my life isn't 'good' but there's at least hope that it could be in the future as opposed to a feeling of inevitable doom before.
>>
File: 689478948.png (391 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
689478948.png
391 KB, 640x430
>>71296634
Fucking Dazed and Confused, man.

Watched this the first time when I was a senior in high school. Was alone at my house one summer night and popped the CD in. After it ended I realized how dull my teen years had been and was in a funk for like a week after that.
>>
File: 1457863208896.gif (94 KB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
1457863208896.gif
94 KB, 460x258
>>71296634
I get like this but only when I've been drinking for some reason

Whenever I'm drunk and I watch something where a male protagonist has a lot of friends, gets along well with his family or has women falling in love with him, I start thinking about my own life and a wave of melancholy washes over me.

When that happens I just turn it off, put on some ambient jazz, feel sorry myself and keep drinking until I pass out.
>>
>>71296634
no
>>
>>71296634
I can no longer watch a romantic comedy or romantic film. Hurts too much.
Yeah I'm a faggot for having feelings.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.